The UMass Electron Microscopy Center is a part of the Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC) and the Silvio O. Conte National Center for Polymer Research at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. It is equipped with several transmission electron microscopes, scanning electron microscopes and related sample preparation equipment for the use of the UMass community as well as people from outside the University. The mission of the Keck Electron Microscopy Laboratory is to provide access to material characterization equipment, technical support, training and consultation, as well as to perform a range of services for users in the area of electron microscopy. The laboratory capabilities include high-resolution imaging of materials structure, compositional analysis, analysis of crystallographic and electronic structure, etc.
- FEI Magellan 400 Scanning Electron Microscope
- FEI TecnaiT12 Transmission Electron Microscope
- JEOL 2200FS Energy Filtered Transmission Electron Microscope
- JEOL JEM-2000FX Transmission Electron Microscope
- JEOL JSM-6320 Scanning Electron Microscope
- Leica SP2 Laser Scanning Confocal Microscope
- Olympus BX-51 Optical Microscope