We love this color and think it will be a mainstay for years to come. (Check out my full review of Sea Salt, with lots of real-life examples.). The LRV of Sea Serpent is 7, but Sherwin Williams rounds their numbers and Benjamin Moore does not, so I suspect the actual difference is less than the 1.36 it should be. I have already mentioned Cyberspace a few times, but here they are side by side. Dont forget to download the FREE step-by-step printable checklist that shows you the entire process Ive used on dozens of furniture pieces while saving you time and money! I want to paint every furniture piece blue it seems like! Whether for a bedroom accent wall or a painted antique dresser from the 1900s, you cant go wrong with Benjamin Moore Hale Navy! I stenciled lace on the outside of the drawers to help me remember her! I love how well BM Hale Navy plays with neutrals and white! However, improvements in technology for exterior paint and finishing materials mean this is becoming less and less of a concern. This moody blue not only works with most colors under the sun, it isnt fussy about lighting or other factors. Paint Your Exterior in Hale Navy. Ive got your back when it comes to the best clear coat for furniture. Railings has an interesting quality where it sometimes looks navy or dark gray, and sometimes looks black. Those screws have a tendency to roll away at the worst possible time! Ive tested it on my walls and wish it were just a wink darker. However, this one is said to be Westcott Navy. A colour like this has quite a bit of tint going into the gallon of paint and often, the gallon just gets full! This one is also two-toned, with White Dove on the upper cabinets: I *think* the hardware in this last kitchen is copper or rose gold, but its really hard to tell. While being the STRONGEST and brightest navy blue on this page, Downpour Blue stops shy of being a primary blue as it has a subtle bit of gray-black to calm it downa bit. That extra bit of gray makes it super easy to match with a TON of other colors. To see more of the drawers and how to stencil perfectly every time, click here: The Best Way to Stencil (Without Bleeding! It isnt really warmer or cooler, just more saturated and a touch darker. Subscribe here to have it sent to your email inbox.). Newburyport Blue is in the same blue range as Hale Navy, but lighter (LRV 10.31) and less gray. This post may contain affiliate links. If you want a cheaper option for paint, you can get the Benjamin Moore Hale Navy Behr Equivalent at Home Depot! The Best Modern Paint Colors For Your Next Interior Painting Project - Elite Paint and Home Renovation, The 16 Best Paint Colours To Go With Oak (or Wood): Trim, Floor, Cabinets & More (PART 4), How to Update Your Older Granite Countertops, The 6 Best Off-White Neutral Paint Colours: Undertones & More, Sherwin Williams: 5 Best Neutral Beige Paint Colors (with a BIT more depth), The 8 Best Benjamin Moore WHITE Paint Colours, The 8 Best Blue & Green Blend Paint Colours: Benjamin Moore & Sherwin Williams, A beachy look often suits a blue-green over a blue-violet, A transitional or traditional style home usually suits blue-violet vs a blue-green, theyre more affordable than the samples pots/rollers/foam boards that are needed for traditional paint sampling, If you keep the samples on their white paper, you can move them around the room. Benjamin Moores Old Navy or Gentlemans Gray are beautiful color options but Hale Navys gray undertones make it a better neutral navy and look great with white marble. My grandma was a seamstress which is why I painted a lace detail on the edge of each drawer with stencils to help remember her. As a former Benjamin Moore employee, all I see when I see Hale Navy is the colour every mom picked out for an accent wall in their pre-teens big boy room. We went with BM Westcott Navy and I love how it turned out! Thank you so much Karen. I swear that I have also seen Kendall Charcoal with Hale Navy, but I could not find it again to show you. Antique dressers from the early 1900s often have legs with spindles. Study Sally Westcott's flashcards for their University of Colorado Denver class now! Here is Hale Navy vs Evening Dove on a swatch: Here is a mock up of how Hale Navy would look with popular Benjamin Moore whites for trim: Chantilly Lace and Simply White are the lighter and brighter options, while Swiss Coffee and White Dove are a little creamier. For more spiritual encouragement, click here for the rest of my Renovate Your Faith Posts. The LRV of Stiffkey Blue is estimated to be around 10, which seems about right. I so appreciate your encouragement. You dont have to be an interior designer to feature this gorgeous navy blue on a focal wall. The best I found were Midnight Blue and Starless Night. Subscribe here to have it sent to your email inbox, The Ultimate Guide on How to Fix Damaged Wood Furniture, spray paint primer (see the current price here), 1 Zibra brush (see the current price here), Rustoleum Universals Pure Gold (see the current price here), Best Tips & Tricks for Spray Painting Anything, Varathanes Waterbased Clear Coat in Satin (see the current price here), Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. The LRV of very navy is 6. Valspar doesnt have the range of navy colors that you might expect. The first one is named Hale Navy and also has a code HC-154 assigned to it. The collision also led the Navy to fire the boat's top two officers and its highest enlisted sailor.. Vice Adm. Karl Thomas, commander of the U.S. 7th Fleet, relieved Cmdr. Your primer should only take a couple of hours to dry before it is time to paint. It has an LRV of 6.3 - making it one of the lightest of them all! For true navy paint colors, it doesnt get any better than this! Loved looking at your Beautiful work.God Bless you. Blue Note is super similar to Hale Navy! If you love navy blue and are looking for a James Hardie siding option, we recommend looking into Evening Blue. Notice from the video that your first coat will be very transparent. Westcott is also a bit lighter, with an LRV of 9.87. It doesnt have as much gray as Hale Navy, and it is closer to indigo than cyan. Run an electric sander over your piece just enough to rough up the surface. This is Sherwin Williams Cyberspace again, on an exterior with red brick: These colors are very similar, and Hale Navy would be an equally good choice! In case you missed it under trim choices, this is straight-outta-the-can Benjamin Moore white. From here I will take you through the other popular Sherwin Williams navy colors you may have seen along the way. It is also slightly darker, with an LRV of 8.28. Sally Hitchcock. Westcott Navy was used on the kitchen island at . The LRV of Railings was listed as 6 on the third party color tool, but again that seems wrong. The barstools show how well this color coordinates with natural wood tones. Here are some helpful hints you dont want to miss! Hale Navy has a reputation for going with absolutely anything. If you find Hale Navy a bit darker than you wanted, Newburyport has a similar approach, just a bit lighter and brighter and pretty dang blue. I hope youre ready for some Hale Navy goals, because I have them! Behr doesnt have any perfect doubles for Hale Navy, but they do have some decent dupes. Like most dark colors, you may be wondering if there is a slightly lighter alternative to Hale Navy. For more exterior ideas with this gorgeous color, click here: Benjamin Moore Hale Navy Exteriors. Benjamin Moore Hale Navy vs. Sherwin Williams Indigo Batik. But Karin, why are you adding a whole other step to this furniture piece? If you have ever painted curvy furniture legs, you know what a complete pain it can be! My grandmother was a seamstress and had lots of intricate lace that she loved to add to dresses. 22032019 All Hail Hale Navy. If you love blue and you are shopping for paint, chances are you have already heard of Hale Navy! You can check out that post to see why it saves you time, money and you will get a smoother and more durable finish! Midnight Blue is really similar to Hale Navy. WHAT SANDER SHOULD YOU BUY? Ill try to narrow it down to a few good ones, and maybe save the rest for future posts. All are on the same color card. After you remove your hardware, be sure to put it in a baggie for safekeeping. Few dark colors can still accomplish light and airy like this one can and I like how Hale Navys great depth of color grounds the space. Benjamin Moore Hale Navy is a transitional color, meaning it has the perfect balance of cool and warm undertones. Both are beautiful neutral navys that will bring sophistication to any space. Hale Navy is a slightly darker shade of blue than Hague Blue. Use painters tape to attach it to a wall that gets plenty of natural light and then live with it in the same space for a while, seeing how light interacts with the color during the day! Hale Navy is a stunner on homes in a plethora of architectural styles, from coastal bungalows to historic cottages to transitional craftsman homes. Hale Navy and Revere Pewter look stunning together. Please see my full disclosure HERE). Seen together, these two are quite different shades. What are your thoughts on Indigo Batik 25% darkened? What colors compliment Benjamine Moore Hale Navy? Browse our collection of more than 2,000 plants and seeds, which can be ordered directly from our favorite shops and growers. It's just so much fun to try different combos! Join 30,000 other DIYers by subscribing to the weekly newsletter and you will also get instant access to dozens of freebies. Read on for a deep dive into Hale Navys technical specs, applications for its use, pros and cons, and alternative navy blue exterior paint colors. Beyond that difference, Hale Navy has much more of a gray undertone than Naval. Sherwin Williams Light French Gray VS Repose Gray Solved! So we are at the mercy of other online color directories. I say that because I dont want you to waste a lot of time and elbow grease because the primer will do most of the work for us. Should you choose to make a purchase through one of my links, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. This is a learn-to-decorate blog, not a look-what-Kylie-can-do blog. Any of these Navy shades particularly NOT look good in warm room? Its the perfect choice to get a smooth finish every single time! Do you want to learn more about colour, either for your own home or your clients homes? It is also darker, with an LRV of 4. Surprisingly Indigo Batik is almost the same color as Hale Navy, if it wasnt for that difference in gray. They already have the exact code in their computer system. HOLY FREAKIN DINAH! The closest Sherwin Williams color matches to Hale Navy, are Charcoal Blue and Sea Serpent. For most furniture and walls, I like to use a satin or eggshell sheen which will give you a luxurious matte finish that is still wipeable. I am building a house that has jogging path for siding and Country Ledgestone Bucks County Stone. As you can see in the video, I sprayed a light coat and then I came back about 15 minutes later for another light coat of Rustoleum Universals Pure Gold (see the current price here). I love that He chooses to speak to us in a whisper because He is far too close to us to yell. This is especially helpful with dark furniture pieces because it will protect the furniture from smudges from the paint reacting to the oils on your hands. If Newburyport Blue is too light for you, go back to Hale Navy or check out Sherwin Williams Naval (coming shortly). You will LOVE Hale Navy! To capture the essence of living lakeside, our clients opted to use Hale Navy as the exterior paint color at the #LakeRileyRebuild. BM Hale Navy vs. Sea Serpent. The good news about a darker primer is that going from a gray primer to a deep blue paint color, in this case, is not a big jump in color. Does the color look different in sunlight vs. shade? Can I use those two blues together since you really wont see them right next to each other? I feel like Valspars LRV estimates are a little off, or at least off compared to their competitors. However, Cheating Heart has LESS navy blue/more gray, which is how it casts that bit more black at times. Our Review of Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore, Benjamin Moores most popular paint colors, best Sherwin Williams exterior paint colors of 2021. And for you-let's face it-blue is a neutral. HAAAAALE YES I DO! (You can see how I painted the stencils in next weeks post. I started noticing an awful lot of similar neutrals on this list with Hale Navy, so I made another palette to compare those: Classic Gray is pretty classic, but not all that gray! LRVs range from 0-100, with 100 . With the same LRV as Naval (4, above), Dark Knight by Sherwin Williams is also darker than Hale Navy. Midnight Blue is more gray and slightly more green than Hale Navy. On its own I would not say that it looks purple, but you will want to sample it in your space, just to be sure. The white border will give you some delineation from the hale navy and the previous wall color so you can pick the best paint color without it being influenced by your old color. It has a crisp deep blue texture with the utmost sign of luxury and sophistication. Its VITAL that your samples are totally vertical even a slight lean can skew things (also a reason why you shouldnt drink too much wine while sampling). If youre looking for a blue with a little more PUNCH to it, Downpour Blue could do the trick! After I blind-tested and reviewed 24 furniture paints, I recommend Benjamin Moore Advance in a satin finish. Gentlemans GRAY? Looking at these two paint blobs, if you looked at EITHER independently of the other, they would look pretty darned navy blue, yet COMPARED to each other, you can see that subtle shift. For painting walls, furniture, and cabinets in dark wall colors, be sure to use a dark primer. Here, youll find hundreds of articles on how to create the home of your dreams. That was kind of an intense list of comparisons, so here are the Hale Navy dupes summarized: I will preface this little Farrow & Ball comparison check, by saying that Farrow & Ball shares almost no information about their colors, not even the LRVs! Champion Cobalt is a true saturated blue. Thank you! In this next photo, my client wanted to update the look of her oak kitchen without painting ALL of the cabinets. As an optional last step, you can apply a clear coat to help protect your furniture piece. Wall Sconce - Copper Penny. Here are some interior designers favorite Hale Navy combos: Revere Pewter is the OG neutral from Benjamin Moore. As I write in my post A Better Alternative to Chalk Paint, I have had great success with using a primer and latex paint on furniture as opposed to chalk paint. Im renovating and they have been a lifesaver. Are you humming along with me in the navy, yes you can put your mind at ease? Plants & Seeds. My second dupe from Behr is Starless Night. Of course, I used Benjamin Moore Hale Navy on the dressers and this post showed you how I fixed the faded stain of the drawers: How to Fix Damaged Wood Furniture. Im planning on painting an island Hale Navy (other cabinets are a honey oak and not repainting them just yet). Getting the color right is as important as getting the right color! It reads much more gray and also has some green undertones. In the times when we feel all alone, He is sitting right by us, holding our heart and beckoning us to give our burdens to Him. Hale Navy has a wicked awesome depth, vibe. Compared to Cheating Heart, the blue in Wrought Iron takes more of a backseat and the black-gray comes forward. I recommend them as they are good products. WHERES MY WINE?! This is not just any piece of furniture but it actually belonged to my grandmother, Cornelia Moseley. Do I love Hale Navy? Naval is pretty similar to Sherwin Williams In the Navy, and not so similar to Hale Navy.
Wheatland 3 Fishing Report, Houses In Millbrook, Al For Rent, Northport Police Officer Killed, Land Morrow Lindbergh, Why Is Julie Sommars In A Wheelchair, Articles W