I love Disney. Disney, no. He just happened to see a lady on a scooter the very first day at our resort who told my kids that getting a scooter was the only way to go. That being said, the lap bar hasnt always been there. I couldnt fit int he test seat, but my wife did. Amy, I think you will find that you can ride just about every ride. WDW Vacation Tips is here to calm your fears! Make sure youre up to date on the latest Disney Parks Disability Access Service Card. Ambo, there is a test banshee outside of the ride you can get on to check. Others, however, may have some concerns about any weight limits that may be imposed on riders at Disney. They should have known better. I have never been to any of Disney. Im pooh sized myself and currently ride swap with my husband as we have a 2 year old who cant do most of the rides the big kids want. How would I do on 7 dwarves mine train? I am 510 and about 280. Disney World Beignets: What They Are + Where to Find Them! I am 5.7 and 378lbs. Disney Cast Members have been trained in advance. Was afraid I wasnt going to be able to go on any rides. This article was very helpful and informative and I greatly appreciate it. I weigh in at 320, size 3XL, and am 5'9. If you have any mobility problems Space Mountain might be a problem, but overall you should be good. Another option is to choose a ride that offers bench seats. Im so happy I found this blog, because Im 55 weighing in around 260 and I have had to take that dreaded walk of shame before. The gondolas themselves have a weight limit of 375 pounds. You will be happy to know that the Avatar Flight of Passage does not have a weight limit. We are both undertall and could stand to loose a bunch of weight so we know what you are talking about. The seats in it are not made for wide people (Dad says as a pretty wide person himself.). There have been lots of grumblings about the small seats on the Mine Train. Harry Potters Forbidden Journey ride is almost exactly the same. As long as mobility isnt a problem you should be able to ride them all. Im 511, 370. I am 55, 235 pounds, and my daughter is 55 and 102 pounds. The seats are roomy enough for me (5 11/300). Check out this video that shows the boarding process for the Disney Skyliner. Has anyone had any issues with my same weight or around that weight? Jake, dont worry, youll be able to ride all the rides as long as you can get on them. Many people find the restraints on the Flight of Passage to be somewhat snug. I didnt not try Rockin Roller Coaster because the son is too short, but Id ride any ride without fear. Nice wide areas, the only problem is stepping in and out. Im worried about the rides there. Pirates of the Caribbean: No problems. Out of all of the park which one is the most Pooh Friendly? A lap bar tight on my big belly will not even touch her, but I really want to get on these rides. The Mine Train wasnt even uncomfortable and I think someone even heftier than myself could easily fit. Lets just go down the list. Thank you for Pooh-sized info! These comments definitely help make me feel a little better. Dont worry too much about avatar flight of passage. When there is a lot of weight and circumference in the abdomen and lower back, they might not be able to push the restraint closed. Even space mountain. Ive done a lot of research on rides and feel more comfortable but Im terrified of being turned away from that one. Hello! I am so relieved to read these comments. I am 510 and weigh 270 and could get on all the rides at Disney World but found that some were a tight and very very uncomfortable fit because of my long legs. The only rides that have turnstiles (that I can remember) are Carousel of Progress, the railroad at Magic Kingdom (NOT Big Thunder Mountain Railroad), the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, and the Liberty Belle riverboat. There are special vehicles at the Safari that should accommodate you in your chair. I cant think if a single ride that would give you problems. 10 Delicious Spots for the Best Breakfast at Disney Springs! I was very nervous about riding the mine train because of all that was said about it being smaller. With the removal of many turnstiles, Ive found Disney World is being easier for us Poohs! The only ride you might have problems with it Flight of Passage. Do yall think Ill be okay? For dad?? If the cast member can push the restraint close, youll hear it snap to lock in place, and then you are good to go! Nope. As long as the bar is able to go down one click and lock, which it most likely will without a problem, youll be good to go. No judgers!!! I know this probably wont matter to most people. The over the shoulder fit everyone. You wont be able to take them on any of the wild rides, so youll be fine. DH 300 and 61, me 511 and 280. Its YOURE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD. THEM. You might find Seven Dwarfs Mine Train uncomfortable, (the seats are sculpted) and Flight of Passage might not work, but the rest should be fine. I never had a problem with Disney. Passengers must be at least 48 inches tall for the new experience though, which opens to the public April 4. This year is my friends 40th birthday, and shes chosen to go to Disney. Most of the rides for younger children have wide seats and/or loose restraints. Im about to go to Disney in about 15 days. Posted on Last updated: February 28, 2023. A double stroller is $31 daily or $27 for a multi-day (Length of Stay) rental. The rides at Walt Disney World are very friendly to Pooh sized people. Will i have any problem? Read that again: Walt Disney World has no weight limits on ANY of their rides. Small World knees a bit crunched no issues. I just came back from Orlando with my family. But overall, you will be riding together on virtually all of the rides. i am a lil bit smaller not much though i am 510 and 300 pounds. There are a couple of rides it might be a little problem, but mostly if theres a lap bar its not all that big deal. Youll be behind 300 marathon runners and still have to wait several hours for it. Ok Im 64 325 lbs. He is unable to ride due to inability to bend his knees enough while squeezed together to fit under the lap bar. My daughter and her 63 300lb boyfriend will be traveling to Disnryworld in May. Going to Disney in 2 weeks. Generally, sizes in most stores on the Disneyland Resort only go up to XL or possibly XXL or 3XL if you're lucky. I havent been over there in more than 20 years. But some of the rides might feel a bit uncomfortable if you are overweight. I am a 57 and 280 pound woman. We often get questions on the discussion boards from concerned "larger" visitors in reference to having enough leg room, fitting comfortably in the various seats and/or restraints, riding on rides, and the roominess of the many turnstiles they'll encounter, to name a few. A few of rides have the over the shoulder restraints. The only ride your husband might have a problem with is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and thats only because the seats are a little narrow. Help Center Overview. If I could give one piece of advice to anyone that is thinking about holding back from going into the parks, it would be to go ahead with your plans to visit. No problems at all. Will I have problems fitting in Flights of Passage. only other issue was navigating out of space mountain but I managed 4 times . It made our avoid list not only because of the size of the seat, but also the claustrophobic feel of the ride vehicle. Im 54 and 353 pounds. Its been 25 years since Ive been over there. Some were a little snug, but I have always been able to enjoy the rides. And thank you so much for this commentary! From what I hear, yes. Walt Disney World is amazingly accommodating to the masses, so the vast majority of attractions are perfect for everyone to enjoy! Clint Gamache, the owner of ThrillGeek website, said he noticed more people struggling with the leg restraints than with size matters . Matterhorn: The newer cars are very difficult for a large person with big legs to fit in and to get in and out of. Ive been pretty worried about the ride situation with having a Pooh-sized body!!! The best option to see if you are a good fit for a Disney ride is to check one of the test seats. Yes, you should be able to ride everything including the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Cast members are trained to recognize that, with a larger guest, they can only seat five instead of six in a row, for example. Silly Symphony Swings: Small seats. Ive never heard of Disney turning anyone away from any ride except if you arent tall enough to ride. Did they even have them if needed? I just got back from Disney with my 6 year old daughter and 6 7 350 lb husband. Do you think Ill fit on rides like Space Mountain and Mission Space? I am very excited to ride almost all rides in all 4 parks especially flight of passage, seven dwarfs mine train, and Expedition Everest. Our theme park guides contain reviews and ratings of rides, restaurants and hotels at more than 80 theme parks worldwide. There is only one seatbelt for both seats together and I had to pull it all the way out to fit. Hi, Grandpa and I are headed to WDW this summer and Im concerned that we (mostly Me) may not be able to ride some of the rides, at least not together. Test Track: My only issue with this one was finding the seatbelt buckle before the ride started moving. Mission Space: No problems at all! No. I fit on every ride I tried to get on including Expedition Everest and Mission Space. I am a big guy 510 345 pds waist 48in. Will I be able to ride the rides and have fun? I have a 58 inch waist. By the end of the trip my feet and ankles were so swollen and uncomfortable I couldnt wait to get home. Unless youre going there to sight-see or experience the shops in the Harry Potter section, Id avoid Universal Studios. Im 65 325 and I think my height and thick chest was the reason for not fitting. I am also a independent Pro wrestler for a hobby. The only problem will come if you have mobility problems and cant climb up and down. It is a gondola system that can get you to different Disney theme parks and resorts located in the Walt Disney World area. Of course, not every ride at Walt Disney World Resort is going to have a test seat available. In no way does this mean that you will not be allowed to sit on the rides. Thanks for the infoGreat site!!! Weight is not really the most important factor here though. For Walt Disney World dining, please book your reservation online. Im a large man at 61 and 370 with a 50 waist I was very nervous having been to other parks and not being able to ride anything. Theres no seatbelt or restraint. Yes, 5ft 11 340 and 6ft 1 380. Hey guys! It was tight but was still able to ride. All the advice we find on line are from people weighting under 400lbs. I can get myself into and out of any ride at other parks (Im luckily young and healthy). There were a couple of the rides that did require seat belt extenders (provided by the park). It is very Pooh and Piglet friendly (for the most part). If you ask, they will let you. Just make sure the weight is evenly distributed among the boat passengers. I had a knee replacement and I am worried about getting out of space mountain. Its a pull down restraint but it wouldnt come down over my chest. Overall though, you should be good to go & enjoy! I weigh 325lbs. A little disappointed that after hours of waiting in line (yes we did have +FP) we were not able to enjoy this ride. Are they Pooh size friendly? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Request a Quote or Information from Magical Travel Today! I am 56, 350 pounds and my wife is 56, 300 pounds. PS. It's always nice to see a fellow Jersey Girl - thanks for your question. We currently have a fast pass for it, but Im wondering if we should switch it to something else. I am going to Disney World next month. I went on this ride seven times! My thighs are pretty big (really big actually) and Ive never had a problem on any of the rides. Much better than those other theme parks. Getting in and out can be a little tricky. Mission: Space: Guests must be taller than 40 inches (102 centimeters) Soarin' Around the World: Guests must be taller than 40 inches (102 centimeters) Test Track: Guests must be taller than 40 inches (102 centimeters) It will be slightly uncomfortable, but not terrible. I tested out the test seat and the attendant said it was close so I could try. Just a friendly PSA, Disneyland SUCKED for me, I Literally just got back and unless pooh shrinks to pigletim a no go! They can even make some adjustments if necessary to accommodate you. Carousel of Progress: I had heard that these seats were notoriously bad for Pooh-sized people, but I had no problem with the seats. Im going to Walt Disney World Orlando for the first time in a few days and I have a question about . Dumbo: No issues. If you choose a ride with a bench seat and find yourself in a row where you are uncomfortable, simply ask a Disney Cast Member if you can move. im taking my string bean 4 year old daughter im concerned that the lap bars will not secure her on the rides shes 44 inches and loves thrill so im sure shell want to ride all the rides she can. In EPCOT all the rides are friendly to Pooh Sized people. This page makes me feel so much better. Sadly, Im not able to fit on most rides at most theme parks, especially rollercoasters. I been very worried about standing in lines and then not fitting on the ride and I know if I cant ride everyone else will not ride either. Im concerned about the rides there as we live near Cedar Point and I cannot ride most of their rides. If you are looking for a great coaster, we recommend Slinky Dog Dash, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. As previously stated, There are height limits on some rides but there are no weight limits on any rides at Walt Disney World. will i be able to ride the rides? We are one ofthe worlds largest theme park guide sites, hosting detailed guides to more than 80 theme parks around the globe. Thank you for putting my mind at ease. Ive just avoided the other stuff. My family and I just returned from Disney. This at least gives me hope. Will the size disparity be a problem. For example,if you can sit on your floor at home and get up without alot of trouble you will be able to get off of Space Mountain. The bottom line is, Disney wants you to have a good time and they made the park to accommodate larger visitors. They come down until they hit resistance. Youd Be Surprised! A larger person who carries their weight above their waist would have an easier time getting into Expedition Everest than a smaller person who carries their weight in their thighs. Heres what it boils down to, getting into and out of Space Mountain is like climbing into and out of a sunken bathtub (not just step over but step down). I dont think youll see any real problems with any of the restraints. I am 57 and about 412lbs. Any first hand experiences?? I dont know anything about Universal. Love this site, so thanks. I did sit as straight up as possible and made it with room to spare. A year ago I bought season tickets to Busch Gardens. Will I be able to fit? I have not heard any reports of anyone having problems with the shoulder harness not locking. I am traveling to Disney with a 2 year old Toddler and I would like to enjoy the rides with him. The flight there however was a different story lol. I am 510 360 i carry most of my weight in my thighs and butt, not to big in the stomach, with very broad shoulders. 17 Things to Do at Disney World In the Rain: + Top Tips! If you are anxious, worried, embarrassed, or any other negative emotion about the attractions in Disney, you can safely stick to this list and have the most magical vacation ever! I have been to Universal I rode everything i wanted to ride but that was before Harry Potter stuff was added. Thank you all! I so appreciated this site and all the info available regarding size and rides. Disney doesnt do that. Concerned about fitting on Flight of Passage. The only ride I have ever had an issue with at Disney World is Flight of Passage. Thanks for any help you can give me ! Im 511 and 345 lbs. The Disney Skyliner was built for comfort, as well as for the fantastic view of the Walt Disney World Resort underneath. 59 320 lbs. The last person was really tall and they kept saying jump up. Big Thunder, you might have to help whichever one rides with you. . I was a little disheartened, but the ride attendants were so polite about it, and hooked us up with extra Fastpasses. Otherwise, you might have an audience for your turnstile performance. My husband is 500lbs with a 66in waist. Im 53 and 330 and carry my weight in my stomach. I'm more than just fluffy. Do Big Thunder Mountain, Mine Train, and Expedition Everest have individual restraints, or do they have lap bars? Its one ride my daughter wants to ride with hubby. As for rides, the only ride that I had trouble with at Walt Disney World was the new Flight of the Avatar because you have to be able to slide forward completely and fit in so that the harness behind you can buckle. My experience has been that I have had no trouble on lap restraint rides, as I'm heaviest in my . These seats are larger and without any armrests, so it is just a matter of adjusting the number of people who are in the row. How Can You Know If Disney World Rides Accommodates Plus A Size Guest? Do you think wed be better off riding as singles or would we fit on most rides? My Husband is a little worried about not fitting the rides. Just wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time to do these WDW guides, especially this one. WITH. Thanks!! Im headed to Disney Easter week. It was the only ride I had a problem with. It will be OK. My husband is 62, 63 and weighs about 320 so I guess hes baloo- sized? Hi! Sign up and get our weekly tips and tricks to help you plan your next Walt Disney World vacation of your dreams. We have watched videos on Youtube, but most just show a glimpse of the seat as someone is getting in. Fixing to go to Disney! The last time my family went to EPCOT, we took my 86 year old disabled grandmother. This trip really shown new light on my health and my size. Your comfort is important, so you may want to test this seat in advance. Id say I am longer (belly to behind) than I am wide (side to side). Thanks! I am 6.3 385 and I carry most of my weight in my gut and thighs. I was having some knee problems (I have 2 artificial knees) the last time I tried to ride and had real problems exiting the ride. I am 63 and 400 plus pounds (my scale says Im too fat for it). Astro Orbiter: This one was a bit awkward climbing in and out of, but I managed just fine. Peace of mind when you are vacationing is a wonderful thing, especially when you are spending all this money. I was relived when I found this page before I went. My weight is pretty evenly distributed. Universal isnt trying to discriminate people based on size. I know a little about knee replacements. My boyfriend and I are going on a vacation to Disney World soon. West Coaster here. There is a over the shoulders restraint, but its not a problem for Pooh sized people. 6ft. My 28 year old son Suggested a scooter when we arrived after seeing how I struggled through the airports and the resort by the end of the first day and that was just from traveling. We are going in September and am worried about not fitting in or for that matter in other rides. Do you think I would experience any issues? Bay Slide - must be under 5' tall to ride. Mine Train is an easy on and off. have presented challenges for him. Ask for a pass that allows you to come back at a certain time instead of having to wait in line.Break in very comfortable shoes before leaving home. Im concerned I wont fit. He should be fine. You will be fine. Work him in gently, but Disney is not like other theme parks. Most of my weight is in my rear and stomach. The Avatar Flight of Passage is Fat Friendly since there are no weight restrictions. Anyone have trouble getting out of space mountain or any of the other rides. We spent 3 days in Universal and 5 at the Disney parks. Otherwise I only had to do the walk of shame on one, but the employees helping me off thought I was participating in the parent-share ride. Buy just in case it does! .sponsor{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:74%;color:#999}. Will it be the same way at Walt Disney World? This coaster has the highest height requirement in Walt Disney World because it actually goes upside down, but the seats feel almost like they were made for children! I would just like to say thank you so much for this page! Im 52 and 260lbs. Just a word of caution to big boned tourists visiting Universal Studios in Orlando. Guests of all shapes and sizes can be found vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort. DINOSAUR - Guests must be 40 inches or taller. Will I be able to? Would he have problems or are there rides that could accommodate him? I am heading to Disneyland this summer and was curious if there was any information on the roominess of their rides like here? To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Barely fit into space mountain. Ever since that walk of shame, Ive avoided roller coasters like the plague. Hope this helps, and hope you have a great time at Disneyland! My advice to any Pooh-sized folks who wish to give it a try is to lean forward, hard as you can when you step over the seat to straddle it. I now, finally, feel at ease that I will fit on the DW rides with my 7-year-old daughter. I still have three months I plan to work hard to better myself and lose some weight but I will still be pooh sized in three months even if I starve myself til then. Thanks for whatever information you can provide! Very disappointed that a brand new ride wasnt more accommodating, or at least provided regular seats and bigger seats. This is Jake. Submitted by MrsD (not verified) on Monday, February 17, 2020 - 13:45. He fit into all of the Disney World rides. My boyfriend and I were able to ride The Little Mermaid Ride and Pirates of the Caribbean fine, but those are so different then a roller coaster. Star Tours/ Radiator Springs Racers/ Soarin/ Other seat belt rides: I pull the seat belt out before being seated. I carry most of my weight around my middle so I was terrified of being asked to leave the Banshee ride. The Chairlift at Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park is the only attraction at either of the two water parks with a weight limit. These are the rides that might give you some trouble. So in a few weeks Im going to Disney with family and my bf. The seats are sculpted so if you have big bottom its uncomfortable. I am 5 ft and 300 lbs and although I went to Disney once never tried a ride as I was too embarrassed that I wouldnt fit. These lap-bars are actually not necessary for the attraction to function properly, as they were installed solely to stop guests from exiting the ride before it was over. Planning our first trip w/ our 2, 4 and 6 year old sons Im even more excited to experience this with them and have so much peace knowing that I will be able to actually EXPERIENCE. Im heading there soon and even though I read comments over and over, Id rather avoid those rides. We are leaving this weekend for a week long vacation at Disney and I have been concerned that I wouldnt be able to fit on some of the rides. You probably will. I am completely scared I wont be able to ride the rides and that I will have to leave. I guess its how your weight is distributed. Would be tough for large hips/legs. 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Time. I didnt put in the test seat. Any thoughts on me fitting? Not sure where to turn to for advice? Is it worth a shot? A scooter can be your friend when you decide to go around the world at epcot. However, Im quite large. First time at MK here. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Thanks! The only one Id be wary on is Big Thunder Mountain which uses a shared lap bar but in a very deep ride vehicle but in that case just wrap your arm around your daughter and hold on tight if it gives you better peace of mind! There is no problem with the restraint bar. as for universal the harry potter ride complaints are everywhere and it saddens me that i will not even attempt out of being embarrassed. Thought I was going to have to do the walk of shame, but the cast member was able to get the back piece pushed up into the locking position. Im actually waiting in line for this ride with my family right now. THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. Flight of Passage was a mistake, I was able to fit but boy did it give me vertigo! I was even able to lean forward a bit, even with the lap bar on my belly! There are quite a few rides that require seat belts. This trip was too important and too expensive for me not to at least try. If you have any questions as to whether you will fit comfortably on a ride, ask a Cast Member at Disney and they can give you some guidance. If you can, sit in seat 4 which puts you in the aisle of the ride. Dads Guide to WDW is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company in any way were just big fans! You may have a problem if most of your weight is carried around your lower mid section and if your calves are very, very large. I am 54 and between 290-310lbs. Just got back from 5 days in Disney with my family. It can be an uncomfortable subject, but addressing these concerns before your trip can save you a lot of stress when you arrive at the parks. So I have to stuff my self into rides like star tours and the belt barely fit. In fact, that is what they are there for. I am a 55 woman weighing approx 265 lbs. What are the chances of him fitting on at least most of the rides? Rode Thunder Mountain again with my niece and the lap bar came down enough to restrain her and was comfortable for me, the only slight discomfort I had was with Mission Space as I have wide shoulders and the over head harness was a little snug on my shoulders but it wasnt bad and Im definitely riding it again!!!!. I live in Northern Ohio and at Cedar Point in Sandusky, I cant ride almost anything there. I am so relieved to read all of these comments! I read on your site that pooh sized people might have to go in separate rows but it looks like the seats are divided? That is a lot of money being spent at Disney for you not to take size into account when building/planning rides. was nervous about Avatar Flight of Passage but I made it easily. Aside from the test seats or speaking to a Disney employee, there are other considerations that would help you to determine if you can fit on the ride in advance.
Morecambe Visitor Obituaries This Week, Is Lorenzo Veratti A Good Brand, Why Did Acrylic Tank Manufacturing Close, Did Beethoven Cut The Webbing Of His Hands, Articles W