You should ask your student if he or someone in his family is willing to share with you any other, more accurate meanings for his name. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'rockydad_com-leader-4','ezslot_16',177,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-rockydad_com-leader-4-0');Read Also: 100+ Magical Names (For Boys & Girls). We are currently looking at Blake Manaia Grace. The name Lalago has the unique meaning of chiefs pillow as well as prophets staff. It can be an uncommon alternative to the name Lolita, and for pretty nicknames, you can choose Lola or Lai.. 12. Manaia This captivating name means beautiful, nice, good all attributes you want for your little girl. I am a whitey, but the name Natia was sounding pretty good for my half-Chinese daughter. This unique and appealing name means woman of the woods, quite fitting, considering the region. It is listed outside of the top . . Luni: In the Samoan language, Luni means June. It is a common name for babies born in June. 15. 33. Lulu: The name Lulu brings to mind a girl with a firecracker personality. Raiana: This is a beautiful Tahitian name that means starry sky., 8. Anahera It is a Maori feminine name that means 'angel.' The name has a sweet sound and beautiful meaning as well. Meaning gift. The names in your family might not always be friendly to a non-Samoan ear, but heyy people can learn to say Samoan words, too, right? Puaiti: This Tahitian girls name means little flower. This name is derived from the Samoan term Laei, which means love of clothing., 15. Tagalongs vs. Peanut Butter Patties. 2. Masina holds the meaning of moon., 25. This name generator will give you 10 random Samoan names and surnames. This makes a great name for a child, especially if you consider her to be a gift, an act of mercy and love for you, from God above. Natia The name is said to come from a longer Samoan name and carries the interesting meaning of hidden treasure or secret. 3. It is a popular Dutch girl name for parents to consider. Uati: This is another interesting name that means to watch. 7. Teuila: This is a beautiful Samoan name for a famous flower called red ginger in the English language. 6. For Faiai Eleni, which is fish in coconut cream. Let these 26 Samoan girl names enchant and enthrall you with their innate beauty and mesmerizing meanings. 20. Teina: The meaning of this name is River. Samoan girl names are very enthralling and with an undeniably enchanting quality to them. In Greek mythology, Ismene (/ s m i n i /; Ancient Greek: , Ismn) is the daughter and half-sister of Oedipus, daughter and granddaughter of Jocasta, and sister of Antigone, Eteocles, and Polynices.She appears in several plays of Sophocles: at the end of Oedipus Rex, in Oedipus at Colonus and in Antigone.She also appears at the end of Aeschylus' Seven Against Thebes. se-fi-na, sef-ina] The baby girl name Sefina is pronounced S EH-Fiy-Naa- . This name is said to be a small part of a longer Samoan name, namely Lanueseese. Lanuola is composed of two words from the Samoan language: Lanu, which means color, and Ola, which means life. Leilani is a family name, but I know thats Hawaiian and not Samoan. Palusami. A lot of the names you'll find in modern-day Australia are similar to those found throughout the US and Europe heavily influenced by Latin, Greek, British, and Scandinavian cultures.. Most Common Last Names In American Samoa. And your little one is no exception to it. The first one means the heaven is locked. Lupesina f Samoan. itsbfunny cause white people cant say it. 4. A popular tropical plant in Polynesia. Luana, derived from the first three letters, lua, meaning number 2 I am the second daughter. To the ultimate buyers explain how donations help the Girl Scouts they are supporting. Teanuanua: This Tahitian name refers to the rainbow., 10. Leiko: Every girl child will love this name. 15 Samoan Bible Names for Girls Eve - Eva [EH vah] Mary - Maria [mah REE ah] Sarah - Sara [SAH rah] Sarai - Sarai [sah RA ee] Ruth - Ruta [ROO tah] Esther - Eseta [e SEH tah] Angela - Anela [ah NEH lah] Claudia - Kalautia [kah la oo TEE ah] Deborah - Tepora [teh PO rah] Elisha - Elisa [eh LEE sah] Elizabeth - Elisapeta [eh lee sah PEH tah] I love the name!! A great option to keep in mind is the name, Masina. Why? 28. meaning he will add in Hebrew. 19. 27. Aleynah: Another famous Polynesian name that means Precious. Aulii: This is a Polynesian name that means Delicious. 27. Iosefa: This name is the Samoan version of Joseph. This is a Hebrew name that connotes a gentle appeal and a soft sweetness to it. Samoan girl names have a natural, effortless charm and loveliness and would make for beautifully inspired choices for your little one. Would be nice to know what it means. 28. Realtin The charming name has the meaning of a little star - perfect for your little baby girl! Laei is pronounced lah AY and is a perfect name for your future fashionista. I would probably not use any of their suggested names either for the same reasons. Im married to a palagi and wanted to give my kids Samoan names. He and his wife were expecting a girl and wanted to give her a beautiful, meaningful Samoan name. Pathway to the ocean. Lupelele: The meaning of this name in the Samoan language is Flying Dove., 21. Alani: This lovely name means orange fruit. Sometimes, parents will not go for unusual, unique, and different baby names. Fetuilelagi is said to mean star in the sky, and it is said to be among the islands traditional names. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. It's also the name of the biggest cultural festival in Upolu. Hemi: This is the Samoan form for James. Toa is, Koa might be Togan, could also be Samoan. my name is manaia!!! La'u Ma'a Taua 11. Vaea: This is a powerful name I am 100 percent sure you will love. Ala: This is a Samoan girls name that is short and sounds very sweet. Meilani: This Polynesian name was created to be a name; it means Created Name., 24. Although this Samoan name means victorious and is a chic and stylish option. [ 3 syll. Tuala: In the Samoan language, Tuala translates to Towels. There is a longer variation of Sinasamoa which means white sand of Samoa. It comes from the word faatali, which means to wait, but talia is used often to refer to waiting in anticipation for something big, as in, the Second Coming of the Lord. Arihi is pretty, rhythmic monicker. It sounds a lot more unique and unusual than Pearl. too bad he isnt receiving any blessings.. lol, my name is manaia. Fiafia. Samoan Baby Names For Girls: 1. Kenese: This is a Samoan girls name that means Genesis., 14. Anuhea: This cute Polynesian name means Cool Fragrance. Don't get stressed, because we can almost guarantee you will find the best name for your sweet baby girl! Upokoina: This lovely name has a lovely meaning, too; it means Good-Natured., 8. . This is a Samoan name that means Clever. Alofa: This lovely name means 'Love'. Tamah Quite a popular name and is a Hebrew name that means honest and innocent. Lets add a few more very pretty Samoan girl names to this list. This post is going to remain a living document anytime I (we) come up with pretty names, Ill add them to the list, okay? the Tongan form of Alphonso and means eager for war. 25 Girl Names Found Moana Salamasina Rangi Vailea Teuila Sefina Tifaimoana Sinasamoa Fetuilelagi Arihi Masina Penina Rongomaiwhenua Lelei Emere Iosefina Asoese La T'ali'au Huihana Wiki Tagioalisi Pogisa Lalago Solosolo << >> This name is so cute. 25 Samoan Girl Names. Please see our disclosure policy for more details. This is the Samoan version of Mark which translates to Male. Atami - A name from Samoa that means clever. Lotte - (LAW-t or LAO-Tah) Means "free" (diminutive of Lieselotte) Maaike - (MIE-keh) Means "as Mary" Is an old-fashioned Dutch girl name. Elisapeta. A name that oozes a certain chic sophistication is the very mesmerizing Natia. Fiafia translates as Be happy.. It means Star in the Polynesian language. Vahinearii: This is a beautiful Tahitian name that translates literally as: the queen. Im Chinese too! Samoan Female Names/ Samoan Girl Names Wiki Pusa Nafanua Faresa Asoese Tauaalo Slamasina Salai Aokuso Tuiasosopo Salamasina Vailili Penina Sami Fetu Seuava Manamea Tanielu Asoese Sasa'e Elisapeta Saluni Tagilima Seuava Emere Seilala Seine Talatonu Lelei Talatonu Salamasina Seini Siliva Faleafa Faigofie Pule Masina Sesilia Wiki Lea'ai Lili Afamasaga United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa, Yemen . 18. 12. Heinui: This is a nice Polynesian name for girl or boy, meaning: big crown., 5. Isa Samoan name with the beautiful meaning of rainbow. Its simple meaning is nice or good or beautiful. Iwalani: This powerful name means Heavenly frigate Bird or Heavenly man-of-war Bird. Because of this, theyre also known as sitting chiefs. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for GIRLS NAMES Stains On Silence (2018) 8-track CD album digipak NEW/SEALED at the best online prices at eBay! Leilanie: The meaning of this name in the Polynesian language is Flower of Heaven. Masina: This name is said to be very popular with girls and boys, though the a sound at the end gives it a softly feminine touch. 14. Samoan names are not listed within the top 1000. So yeah I guess when I heard the song again this morning, I was thinking Taliilagi might be a name you could consider? Samoan Girl Names Amataga - This name means beginning in Samoan. Each bakery makes cookies that they share, with slight differences in recipes and ingredients, although the cookies are still basically the same, say US Girl Scouts. A relative once asked my mom for baby names. Black Jack Tea During Pregnancy Can I Drink It & How Safe is It. Fiafia. Thats why we have put together some of the best Samoan girl names for you to browse and see if one stirs your spirit. Its just [TAH-lee ee LAH-ngee] , with the ng pronounced like in hanger or if youre an IPA reader like me lol, its [tliili] . 24. Tell me in the comments what crazy misinformation or pro. Here are some amazing Polynesian girl names for little one: 1. Nice name for boy or girl, literally meaning darling crown in the Tahitian language, Mixed Tahitian name composed of two parts: Hau: peaceful / peace and Mana: power/spirit, this name evokes: peaceful spirit, spirit of peace, or power of peace, This is a nice Polynesian name for girl or boy, meaning: big crown., Tahitian name for boy or girl, which means: great peace., This Tahitian name can be translated as: extend peace., Symbol of a union, this beautiful name means: our love in the Tahitian language, mixed beautiful Tahitian name means long wait.. 4. Samoan Girl Names: Whether a baby boy or girl, it is really important to choose a great name for your baby. Rua: If you like a nature-inspired baby name, meaning lake. Raina: This is a beautiful Tahitian name that means calm sky., 9. Recently, more and more parents are searching Google for Pacific Islander and Samoan names for their kids. Tama is a Samoan girl name that is said to have been derived from the name Tamara, which is a Hebrew monicker that carries with it the meaning of date palm tree. A famous namesake of the name Tama is the American novelist Tama Janowitz. Tereapii: This is a traditional Cook Island name for School. And when they grow up a little and listen to fairy tales, they dream of being a princess, wearing a crown. In my professional career, I have a Bachelors and Masters in sociology and specialize in media and crime. The name has rich cultural roots. Nohealani: This Polynesian name means Beauty from Heaven. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Terii: Tahitian name (masculine), which can be translated as: humility or humble.. Malosi m Samoan (Rare) Of Samoan origin, meaning "strength". Thank you so much for the reply! 8. 32. Atamai is a name from Samoa that means clever. Best Samoan Names for a Girl There are also plenty of gorgeous Samoan girl names for your little princess! 13. 1. Onosai: This name means Patience or Be Patient in the Samoan language. 29. Instead, Ive come up with a list of names that I could imagine getting popular amongst non-Samoans, but names that still have some significance in our culture. These names are rich in culture and overflowing in beauty and would make for wonderfully inspired options for your future little princess. La'u Funa 12. Mataalii: This name is the Samoan language form of Morian name Matariki; it can be interpreted to mean creativity, curiosity, charm, friendliness, cheer, and social life.. Or Mealofamailelagi meaning gift from the heaven. Arihi is another lovely Samoan girl name, both in sound and in meaning. Aenon - Hebrew name meaning "water spring." Elisapeta: This lovely name is the Samoan version of Elizabeth. It sounds like part of the Samoan name for Evelyn (ie. How would you like these Haitian girl names: and BOTH are beautiful! 1. Arihi Means kind and noble and has a pretty rhythmic tone to it. According to finance.yahoo.com, Girl Scouts in the Philadelphia area were selling boxes at the window of the city's gas and electric company and the price was a bargain of 23 cents for a box with 44 cookies. 39. So, if you are being too choosy while selecting the name, you need to understand that it is absolutely fine. Skip to main content. Maluhia: This lovely Polynesian name means Peace. Ma = For, Laua = They or Them. Teuila: Teuila, pronounced as 'tay Wee Lah', is one of the prettiest Samoan names. 40. When you receive that kindness with gratitude and humility, we can say, Ua ou talia le alofa, or I have received the love which is to say, I accept and truly appreciate your kindness.. Many believed that the name originated from the famous Roman god of war. Sefina One of the most rhythmic Samoan names that could also be lengthened to Losefina. Every girl is a princess of their father. Kidadl is the best place to find free ideas for family fun and activity-based learning, whether you're staying at home or venturing out and about with kids. Laei: The name Laei is daintily elegant while also conveying an innate sense of style. Taito: This is a cute biblical name, Taito is the Samoan version of Titus meaning Skill or Knowledge. Enele: There is no known meaning for this name. Hi, I love languages and have a male Samoan student named Sialiinofo. I love this name for so many reasons, including the fact that it was given to my (boy) cousin by my grandmother he was the last child she named before she died. If you are looking for Samoan girl names that are rare and intricately complex, a great choice would be the name, Fetuilelagi. This naming process preserves history, as the names commemorate past events. Lalago: The name Lalago combines the meanings of chiefs pillow and prophets staff. Its a unique alternative to the name Lolita, and for cute nicknames, you can go with Lola or Lai.. Kai is an obvious choice, as she's unisex and petite like Nova and Eden. "What the heck is even the point now?" Once your account is created, you'll be logged-in to this account. 21. Hawaiian Cat Names 51 BEST & TOP & CUTE Ideas, How To Get Your Baby To Sleep Without Being Held (9 Proven Tips), How To Increase Nipple Size (2 Proven Methods), Inspirational Quotes About Pregnancy (70+ Quotes For First-Time Moms). Tauahere: Symbol of a union, this beautiful name means: our love in the Tahitian language, 8. Salamasina A name that comes with an incredible meaning of savior. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. I can tell you what the literal meaning of your students name is, but please note that it might not be the actual, intended meaning. Are you looking for Samoan girl names that lean more towards the unisex side? It holds the meaning of faint light and glimmer.
Bedford Police Wanted List, Physical Therapy Conferences 2023, Springfield 1863 Rifle For Sale, Alienware Aw2521hf Best Settings For Gaming, Articles S