hypocrite. 35. His son a child murderer. If you think that secular music (i.e., anything other than old time gospel hymns) is sinful, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 19. If they are saved , I dare say they regret the day they walked into the very church you enjoy making fun of. But, all teasing aside, the author and other commentators sound very bitter and unhappy so I honestly feel badly for you. If a child is behaving like a child (i.e., appropriate for his/her age), but you think they are being misbehaving and rebellious, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 40. You might be an independent Fundamental Baptist if. I dont agree with this because there is nothing wrong with going to college. If I couldnt tolerate anyone saying something different I would instruct the site moderator to delete comments such as yours. Just please be sure that your judging is fair. Even if you cant tithe now you can still serve in some way and later when you are able to improve your financial situation they will get your tithe. (Genesis 2:24; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:20-32; I Corinthians 5:1; 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:l-8; Hebrews 13:4), We believe that human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. My jabs are defensive in nature. 21. We believe that eternal life is the present possession of every believer (John 6:37-40, 10:27-30; Romans 8:1, 38-39; I Corinthians 1:4-8; I Peter 1:4-5; Jude 1, 2). If you feel compelled to go door to door witnessing (or were compelled to visit a nursing home as a teen), you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 28. The tradition of men, human opinion, false science, religious creeds, nor popular opinion override the plain teaching of God's Word. Even the General Baptists and the Free Will Baptists denounce eternal security, thus the only two Baptist groups that believe in Free Will. Its the inspired word of God. What an extensive list. We teach that baptism is necessary for salvation as I get this quote from the King James Version from John 3:5; Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. I have no belief, opinion, or position of this I prefer Kjv! I forgave him before he changed. If you think that the title Pastor is the synonym for the man of God this is not the case in the church I go to. See if you recognize any. I am unsure if she was already a member before her husband passed or not. 3 1/2 years ago we were addicted to marijuana, cigarettes, alcohol, and pills. (Genesis 2:24; Genesis 19:5, 13; Genesis 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; 1 Corinthians 5:1, 6:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4). Association of King James Bible only independent Baptist churches, Christians rather than Jews are God's chosen people, questions the official account of the Holocaust, List of organizations designated by the Southern Poverty Law Center as anti-LGBT hate groups, "This radical Baptist church preaches LGBTQ hate just miles from California's Capitol", "The New Independent Fundamental Baptist (New IFB) Movement", "Anti-LGBT Church Splits Amidst Turmoil Following Resignation of Pastor, Reveals Fault Lines in New Anti-LGBT Church Network", "Anti-LGBTQ pastor ousted for 'sleeping with prostitutes,' fellow IFB pastor says", "California church known for its anti-LGBTQ beliefs is bombed", "Pastor refuses to mourn Orlando victims: 'The tragedy is that more of them didn't die', "Tempe Pastor Hails Orlando Massacre for Leaving '50 Less Pedophiles in This World': Video", "FLORIDA CHURCH WANTED POLICE PROTECTION FOR 'MAKE AMERICA STRAIGHT AGAIN' CONFERENCE, THEY REFUSED", "Tennessee Pastor Who Is Also a Detective Calls for L.G.B.T. Im sad to here that fellow Christians cant get along, and I will start praying for all Churchs to be revived. According to the ADL "Anti-LGBTQ bigotry and antisemitism are fundamental to New IFB ideology, as demonstrated by the doctrinal statements on their websites and the content of their sermons. I dont agree with the term, sowing discord with the brethren because I agree everything what the Bible teaches. What is the Baptist Church, and what do Baptists believe? If you believe that perfection is something to strive for and/or attain this side of heaven,you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist. Yes, believers disagree, theres nothing wrong with that. We also teach that one must hear the Word of God, one must believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, one must repent of your sins, one must confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, one must be baptized for the remissions of sins, and one must live faithful until death. The end of November we were going to break up because of physical abuse so instead sought counseling for our pastor and his wife. I dont have to try and understand it, I already know it. I was told that I could not work in one of my passionate ministries, infant, toddler, and 3-4 year olds because of something I did in my past 14 years ago and pastor told me I have to prove myself first. We fellowship with sister churches of like precious faith and practice, and support missionaries sent forth by the authority of such churches. (Job 3:16; Psalm 51:5; 139:14-16; Isaiah 44:24; 49:1, 5; Jeremiah 1:5; 20:15-18; Luke 1:44), We believe that God has ordained and created all authority which consists of three basic institutions: (1) the home, (2) the church, and (3) the state. We should teach our children of who Jesus is and how we should live a holy or Christian life. Yes but this is my concern about the IFB beliefs and I understand this was written to make it funny. I thought youd like that. Most people find it hard to swallow that anyone really thinks that way at all. So I did. [13] Robertson had previously attracted media attention after he stated that gay people should be shot and New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern should "go home and get in the kitchen". I remember our pastor asking us if we could forgive each other, and praise the lord we forgave each other for the offenses committed against each other. This list reminded me of a few I forgot about, but one I dont think youve mentioned yet is If your teenage boys and girls have to be separate and swim in different pools or at different times when you are on a teen outing or camping trip lol. 4,2, and 7 month old. Most Christians believe everything in the Bible. 46. 2. If your pastor refuses to be called Reverend, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist. Why do people think that I dont have time to pray for loved ones simply because I have this site up? 43. 20 When you swear by the altar, you are swearing by it and by everything on it. I was taught that. If you think that you should cut your vacation short so that you can make it back in time for Sunday morning Sunday School, but think its OK that your pastor miss a Sunday or two because hes on vacation, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 5. I must forgive others the same way God forgave me. 26 You blind Pharisee! Pastor and his wife knew where we lived and probably wondered why, but they never asked or pried. This is the only church Ive been to, so I just awsume all Churchs are loving, caring, forgiving, honest, and strive to bring glory to god and its just sad to here that thats not the case. Whether we worship with hymns or hands int he air praise and worship songs, we are all suppose to be on the same side. That is contrary to Bible doctrine for a pastor. The pastor pointed out (over the course of his long 2 hour sermon LOL) that a shepherd doesnt use a rod and staff to beat his sheep but to prod and guide them. Baptism means that a believer is bodily immersed in water followed by being raised up (Acts 20:7, Hebrews 10:24-25). lm 8:4-9; Colossians 3:9-11). They bought your loyalty. Please read the rest of the website and my story rather than just judge me. Christ died for his sin already, so he had already been forgiven by God. The IFB is the organization hurting His cause. The IFB is the one who is hurting the cause of Christ, just like the Pharisees did. However, it wasnt Baptists that ordained him and of the IFB folks I know, they are lukewarm to the Scofield bible. G.F.F. BUT, there is good news! Pastor dont preach on smoking unless he preaches on a list of things that destroy the body. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. No one should be forced to any belief against his or her will. I have no position or opinion of this 16. For you are like whitewashed tombsbeautiful on the outside but filled on the inside with dead peoples bones and all sorts of impurity. If your church funnels in inner city kids via a bus ministry, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 24. I have scriptures on my walls that are from other versions. The other thing is: Nowhere in the bible are we commanded to attend a regular CHURCH building and dress nice. My mother doesnt wear fancy earrings. If you feel guilty for not having devotions 7 days a week, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 42. Was so funny reading it, one thing that struck me is if an outsider were to read it theyd be incredulous, wondering how we stuck with it for so long. If you think that tithing 10% of your gross income is the minimum, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 6. The only sin that is not forgivable is blaspheming against the Holy Spirit. 6:14-17), We believe that God has commanded that no intimate physical activity be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman. N/A That makes no sense. 1. 7 You hypocrites! They had made an idol out of church attendance. Smoking, drinking, partying, dancing, listening to secular music or Contemporary music arent sinful though partying can only be sinful if you are drunk. Anyway, Im sorry that you had a bad experience at an IFB church, but that doesnt excuse you for mocking Biblical beliefs. Happily a brainwashed Bible-folk for about 28 years with more peace in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ and a firm foundation of absolute truth to stand on (yes, thats the KV, haha!). *gasp* Just kidding, just kiddingwe at least look for Baptist on the sign so were good . Hope you have a great day! If you pray using the KJV language I dont pray like that except when I recite the Lords Prayer because nobody talks like that anymore. Rather than attack one another, perhaps understand where both are coming from? 19 How blind! OK That list just brought back memories that I can thankfully laugh at now. The True Church: The doctrine of a believer's church is a key belief in Baptist life. Only thing Ill add to the list is, You might be an IFB if you greet all visitors with huge smiles, handshakes, and extreme cheerfulness. I feel sorry for all the visitors we almost accosted now; no wonder some never came back! Jesus does that. How come many Americans havent heard of the Independent Fundamental Baptist church movement? 11. Gods will was for me to forgive. Those myths are addressed in my article: https://baptistdeception.com/tithing/, I dont need to wait. They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Believers in a free society should influence government toward righteousness, but should not make an unholy alliance for control, influence, or favors. Thank God for grace! Very few men are qualified to be pastors using your interpretation of scripture. 28 Outwardly you look like righteous people, but inwardly your hearts are filled with hypocrisy and lawlessness. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. Members come into the church personally, individually, and freely. We reject any teaching that abortions of pregnancies due to rape, incest, birth defects, gender selection, birth or population control, or the mental well-being of the mother are acceptable. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 30. 23. Such as??? THE PARABLE IS NOT A GUIDE NOR DID JESUS SAY THAT ITS A MAP ON HOW TO DEAL with a wayward child!! Mind you all this was before I repented and ask God for forgiveness. is Looking to God for missionaries to help expand the vision and ministries of G.F.F. You tend to lump independent Baptist or independent religious organizations into one lump, sensing that they are all the same. It made me think of this, Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Its a shame, but whattayagonnado? N/A
What The Wind Knows Ending Explained, Lgbt Friendly Barber Near Me, Stargazing Bubble Dome In Texas, Slavery In Calvert County, Md, Pigeon Forge Knife Show 2022, Articles I