The Wind is a slow-burn horror-mystery based in the Wild West. fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); Sean Keane. When I watched the ending, I was really angry at first, because I felt that I had been totally manipulated to create some sort of artsy-fartsy ambiguous ending, logic, story flow, and characterization be damned. Make it confuse and let us choose the ending we want. :D. I'll add, I also agree that this wasn't the writer pulling out a happy ending to please fans or because she couldn't think of anything else. Please try again. Just read and look where Song was interviewed, she also concluded TWTWB was a happy ending story. A wildlife officer (Cory Lambert) finds the dead body of a local Native American girl out in the middle of the cold Wyoming wildlife. However, in the case of Emma, Lizzys feelings of dislike towards her slowly built up over time. At first I was so upset because I wasn't sure whether Soo was dead or alive, and thought the writer ripped us off with an open-ended ending. If Soo survived the knifing old baddie would had everyone killed. The more she immersed herself in the place and time, the more lost she felt. But it the Fukai as a natural ecosystem isnt right. For bookclub, we had to choose a book with a time travel element in it. Jin-sung seems to think so as he stops running and starts crying, with Moo-chuls minion nearby to share in the grief. This drama was beautiful and I no doubt loved it but the ending didn't exactly get stupid, it just never explained itself.. Some of my questions might seem superficial, however I wish things had been made clear for us :-(. appId : '127538621120543', Is it possible that Lizzy has actually been experiencing intense hallucinations brought on by her grief, isolation, and other outside influences? But, since I am here. I totally agree. As tensions rise, Thomas joins the struggle for Irelands independence and Anne is drawn into the conflict beside him. 2,5, & 6 were my thoughts exactly. Whether you really loved me. "I loved churches the way I loved cemeteries and books. TWTWB, with its muted colors, its intensity 24/7 (made even more intense by all of the close-up shots), its one-dimensional side characters like batshit-crazy So Ra, its hard-to-read heroine, and its contrived plot full of holes, made TWTWB feel quite unreal which would've been fine had it come together as an inspired mythic tale. I guess there are so many probabilities with this, it's kind of crazy. After hearing this, Lizzy shoots and kills Emma. If it was Young's imagination, why did she have to make it so that Soo only shows himself to her after a year? Really? I love reading your insightful, witty and humorous recaps. Thanks Heads! OMGAI thanks so much for recapping this, HeadsNo2 n.n I've literally been coming back to Dramabeans every other hour to see if the recap has been posted yet lol (and all my other hours, I've been watching and re-watching, then rewinding and re-rewatching the same 1 scene from episode 8 of "You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin") haha n.n, It seems to me that the writer changes her mind many times regarding many aspects as she wrote the drama. Lizzy gets assaulted by it, the windows of her cabin are blown in, a goat she saw mauled to death by wolves comes back to life, and the local reverend (Miles Anderson) shapeshifts in front of her eyes, among other horrors. After he falls down dead, however, she seems unsure about her actions. Super evaluation! There are several strong hints for the audience to draw this conclusion before the movie confirms it. Really? "NHK lost her soul to the devil". Maybe it was the timing in which it happened. 2 pages at 400 words per page) Nice Guy and TWTWB, both the male protagonists were stabbed, but they survived, right? However, she seems to be lost in a hallucination of her earlier days, when her husband refused to believe her about the presence of an ominous entity. Thomas's worst fear is that Anne will return to her own time. Young believes that the only option left for her at this point is to die, but as we've seen before she doesn't really want to (and a lot of people who attempt suicide don't) and is very scared of death. }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk')); Theres a light at the end of every drama tunnel, but sometimes its how we get there that matters more than how bright that light turns out to be. I so needed this recap to make sense of the endingare they both alive and getting a chance at love? Were Boss Man's minions watching to make sure OS had been killed? I wished they would have saved time there, and showed us what happened after OS was stabbed, instead of letting us speculate on what happened. And I like how SHG played OY. If i have to nominate 2 things i dislike about this drama was jin sung stabbing oh soo (really bad move) and oh young not knowing or not even suspecting that oh soo might not be his real brother. Too many very explicit sex scenes without enough justification. So is she over the suicide thing? , Language The show was very beautiful to look at. She is then seen shooting Emma. The film's immense runtime (2 hours and 37 minutes) makes it the second longest Marvel . If it'd been left with Soo on a bicycle, then I'd have leaned towards him being dead. Show! Kristoffer Rus's feature debut Into the Wind is the kind of young-adult romance that seems to have been written by throwing darts at a board full of cookie-cutter plot elements and character backstories, making it a predictable endeavor, to put things mildly. I can't get over, how everyone just overlooked the fact that the secretary caused her to go BLIND!!! Personally, I feel that they died and met in the afterlifeonly because the whole Jinsung stabbing Soo scene hinted that he had killed himjust the way it was executed and by the end he fell to the ground like a dying person. Now that i know there's a happy ending TIME TO WATCH!! 4. @ jenn, you're right. 5. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The scenario with the child and sec wang of course was only a part of the scne that it should be clear. Now he knows, and knowing is half the battle. As the snowplow is driving her to safety the driver tells her about a policeman in the 1950's that used to kill people on that part of the road and the bodies were never found. There never is a straight ending in Kdramaland. Several hints: the sad look on Jingsung's face even though he was with his family safe and sound; Young's long hair-there is no way a woman who just finished chemo could still have such long hair just six months out; there was this sadness through out the last few scenes-the falling flowers from the trees, the blurry and white-out treatment of the shots-some contributed to the theory she must have regained partial eyesight and that is why you see the blurry shots. Great work, Heads. I think they are dead. She knew little of her familys history, and Ireland has such a complex, turbulent past. It was so much surer earlier on. And how, for the first time, the world seemed fair. Is he dead, for real this time? Thomas, Eoin's guardian, is wealthy for the time and place, and he is a supporter of the Irish fight for independence. It put a different edge on the thoughts of the Irish problems in 1918 and 1921/22 because the people of Ireland loved their country so much but at the same time it became complicated. Scene 1 Jin sung tells Boss Man that all the winnings are his in order to pay Soo's debt, but Boss Man has another plan - he knows where Jin sung's family is, threatening Jin Sung to choose between Soo or his family. In an unforgettable love story, a womans impossible journey through the ages could change everything. Soo keeps an eye on his watch, knowing time is of the essence. I cant forgive you, she says. The Wind cast includes Caitlin Gerard, Ashley Zukerman, and Julia Goldani Telles to name a few. Jin-sung, WHY did you hang up on Hee-sun?! For me was obvious oh young didnt regain her sight, she basically could see only soo. Well, Young must be alive. I haven't seen NHK's previous works, so thanks for sharing your insightful thoughts. He turns back to her with a smile, and rings the bell bracelet. js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js"; I dont often find a book I cant put down, but I devoured What the Wind Knows. The show ended with a major loophole. Back in the present, Lizzy is visited by a traveling reverend, who turns out to be the spirit haunting her in disguise. It was, however, executed very poorly imo. One's Dream Leads To The Deaths Of Thousands The message of this film is clear and simple "beauty is fragile; our lives, our dreams, and our health are mere flickers of time in a weary world." Hee-sun looks like shell be joining them. But hes not there to hear about her family life, and instead asks her to return to Youngs side. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we dont use a simple average. The poet asks the wind to come softly. They didn't treat it as a "melodrama disease" with over exaggerated helplessness or what have you. I think that is what the writer ment. "I felt that we were just coasting, or worse, slipping and sliding, as the show labored its way into the finale, and there wasnt even a good save in the closing moments.". Also, um. At least Moo-chul's minion seems to have Jin-sung's back. (function(d, s, id) { I loved how Kim Bum's character broke out of his loyalty and had that crazed, red rimmed look after he stabbed Oh Soobut then..wha.? I was also impressed by the consistent beauty of the cinematography; perfect contrasts, appropriately warm tone, gorgeous scenery, etc. I can't wait to read more of her writings. hahaha, priceless. During this period, many families moved from populated urban centers in the east to the vastly underpopulated western plains. Also, I have to agree that the pace of the finale felt waaaay off. But, because Soo lived so the scene didn't actually impact the storyline much, I just stick my fingers in my ears and lalala my way through that scene and the drama works! Its not over between us, she says, echoing his line from the video. Im glad he grew as a person, but since when did Growth = Passivity? Lizzys tale is pieced together through time jumps, simultaneously exploring her sinister past and rapidly deteriorating present. The more she tries to unravel her familys past, the more entangled she becomes. But the scenes with Lawyer Jang and all of them wasn't from her perspective. Soo falls to the ground with his hand holding his bleeding gut. But it doesn't make sense. After watching the last ep, even though we got the happy ending, I felt that it was a frustrating journey. I really liked the beginning (episode 8 was definitely the climax of happiness for me) but then we dove into melo land which culminated in a LOT of crying in the last episode. I have just finished this beautiful book and have read it continuously for the last couple of days or so. U broke it down beautifully!! Ending Explained is a recurring series in which we explore the finales, secrets, and themes of interesting movies and shows, both new and old. bestselling author of thirteen novels, including. And if we could all remember the statement of the too "Its not over between us""if we meet again" bla, bla .Oh young said. Soo is on a timeline to make it back to the hospital, and he cant help but think of Youngs promise of all the things she plans to tell him in the future. I dont buy that this show was making a statement about clinical depression through Young, but I do buy that she had Drama Depression, with all its requisite symptoms of plot convenience. The first season of AMC's Dark Winds came to an end with a tense and violent confrontation at the Buffalo Society's hideout. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. I'm confused with the ending. Whilst I have read several books from this period, this one was special. I'm with you-- this would have been a wonderful drama if the writers hadn't given up on the characters towards the end: I felt that we were just coasting, or worse, slipping and sliding, as the show labored its way into the finale, and there wasn't even a good "save" in the closing moments. right. SHK and JIS are really good looking. I didn't think about it that way when watching the final scene so i believed they both died. You have to make Jin-sung want to blame Soo and they just didn't do that at all. I decided not to count Youngs full head of hair as part of the equation since I considered it a vanity issue, despite the fact that brain surgery and long-term chemotherapy should produce some visible, physical effects. When he was taking MCW's character to sell her into sex slavery he was really taking her to sell into sex slavery. Song Hye Gyo also said in the interview that the ending scene filmed in Young's perspective was blurry because they didn't want to give RP patients false hope, since those diagnosed with RP will not ever regain back their sight fully. Isnt it hard when you cant look into the eyes of someone you love? Young asks. As for suicidal Young, it didn't come as a shock to me. Soo nearly drops in relief when he finds Young, even as she emotionlessly tells him shes hungry. It never felt like the characters were tying to be perfect or anything. Well, he already knew he wanted her to stay with him (forever), so why not have her answer then and there? Similarly, in Goodbye Solo, NHK gradually gets you into the head and the heart of each character-- you may not like some of the characters or their actions, but you'll understand where they're coming from. js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; When she was with Secretary Wang, Lawyer Jang, and her ex-fiance with those blind kids, those scenes were not blurry. js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; I dont understand why this conversation cant happen now. There was a problem loading your book clubs. But not before there's one final flashback. The kissing under the cherry tree was really true not a dream nor an imagination (if it was an imagination, how cruel the mind of Oh youn was, it doesn't make sense). I had watched NG but do not remember how the drama ended but I will remember every details about TWTWB. Good play. Well done. Hence, Lizzy had a multitude of reasons to murder the two, and in the end, it was a combination of frustration, anger, fear, and mental anguish that made Lizzy kill them. Jin-sung is the one to actually drop Soo off, but methinks that Soo is unaware of Jin-sungs involvement. Is art created by a computer an example of that computer's creativity? Since when did they promise to remove her brain tumor and restore her sight, considering that the two are unrelated? You will receive a link to create a new password via email. However, by the time he returns, we cant even be completely sure if the Isaac that we are seeing is real or a figment of Lizzys haunted imagination. Zombie Young says okay, and he carries her three steps to the kitchen. The lough on which the story starts and ends, the heavy fog hovering above , the boat transitioning Anne from the present to the past ,allowing her to meet her grandfather as a child, the uncanny resemblance to her great-grandmother which lets her feign motherhood and act as the mother's boy, the attempted murder committed by some shadowy and mean character , whose motives and identity are revealed only at the end, and the historical background in which the bloody struggle between the insurgent Irish and the ruling Brits takes place ,only to be followed by the internecine battle between the two Irish factions concerning the treaty with England, READ, ABSORB, READ AGAIN & NEVER PUT THIS BEAUTIFUL NOVEL DOWN , Reviewed in the United States on September 29, 2019. I honestly handwave the whole stabbing scene away. I love it. I don't think anyone will be able to wrap their head around why Jin Sung did that. I wont even get into how robbed I felt of FINALLY seeing Jin-sung break away from his astounding sense of loyalty, because it would have been an amazing character moment to see exactly how the wheels turned in his head when he chose his family over his best friend. Please try again. Same here. Even if you didnt take the money, it wont bring everything back to the way it was.. I wouldn't be here if it always follows my logic. I understand why he wouldnt take Youngs freely-offered money, but it made the entire con seem moot when he could have done this sort of one-gamble-to-rule-them-all from the beginning anyway. Frankly, I am glad it ended at 16, unlike most dramas these days that stretch the episodes to 20, 24, and even 50, when there is hardly enough plot for 16. 6. I concluded. Yes, we do get a happy ending but it felt completely unsatisfying and made me feel so disappointed. The flowers suggested by MC are the favorite flowers of Oh young and her brother same with Oh soo.
Tungkol Saan Ang Epiko Ni Gilgamesh, Articles W