The Model 555 is made in Turkey. length of pull for smaller-framed shooters. However, replacing the entire magazine release assembly may be necessary in other cases. explained, Hevi-Metal 20ga 3 #4: thoughts, dissection, ballisticanalysis. Posts: 717. Photo by Savage Arms. Boom-Boom, but fired a single double barreled shot, one BOOM. The result is a delightfully lightweight and handy shotgun that will handle any load. By midwesthunt in forum 110-Series Rifles, By Prairiewolf in forum 110-Series Rifles. Anybody have one? Interesting thread on them on Shotgunworld as well, doubling. A compact model has been added, with a 13.5 in. Re: Help Please - Stevens 555 needs trigger job. Here are some of the most common problemsthat owners of this gun have reported:if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'homesteadandprepper_com-leader-2','ezslot_8',137,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-homesteadandprepper_com-leader-2-0'); One of the most frustrating problems when shooting a gun is a misfire. Pine Creek/Dave If the new Silver 555 Stevens has the Brown enginnering, the gun at $430.00 is an absolute steal of a purchase! The Stevens 555 Enhanced is a popular model of shotgun. A misfire can be caused by several factors, including a dirty gun, weak extractor spring, or incorrect ammunition. Most other shotguns have the lever located behind the trigger guard. stevens 555 23 results Filter Options Categories. Deciding on course of action; I guess I need to send the gun in to Stevens. 5 Weird Homesteading Hacks That Will Make Your Life Easier! The Stevens 555 came out in 2014, replacing the heavy Stevens 512. Thinking of getting one for a beginner for skeet, dove gun. WebToday a Stevens 555 will cost you an average of $669.83 which is $169.84 lower than the 12-week average price. Thank you for watching and being part of the Target Focused Life movement. One of the features that sets this gun apart from other shotguns is the location of the takedown lever. The action depth is shallow, as the barrels hinge on steel trunnions instead of a full-length hinge pin. Actually that works pretty well onbirds dropping into decoys. New for 2019, each grade has added the 16-gauge to its Webdid prince philip like diana; what is st constance the patron saint of; logstash beats output; english bulldog puppies for sale in los angeles; how does the environment affect human behavior Not to change the subject but last year I bought a 20 gauge Tristar Hunter with a steel receiver and 28" barrels vs. the 26" barrels on the 555. This site utilizes affiliate programs to generate revenue and as such purchasing a product reached by clicking on a link on this site may earn us a small commission on that sale. Stevens 555 Price Trend. AZ. The gun is noticeably muzzle heavy, as you might expect with an alloy receiver. As we well know, the quality of Turkish guns ranges from delightful to deplorable. JavaScript is disabled. If it is the 512 Goldwing, it is a Turkish gun that has Stevens name on it. Stevens 555 Price Trend. The aluminum-alloy receiver is finished in matte black, the single trigger is mechanical, and the safety is not automatic. A no-frills "working gun" with plenty of practical features, the M-555 is made in Turkey by KOFS, Ltd., a well- respected arms company that manufactures the components for their guns in-house.. I like shooting my 11-48 from my grandfather for doves, and my Weatherby SA-08 for non-tox ducks. It felt good in the shop, but like Randy's dad, mine went "double barrel" from the start. shipped out from Savage 11 Jan 18. Return the doubler and get another Stevens Silver 555 gun. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. However, there are specific issues that you should be aware of when purchasing the Stevens 555 Enhanced. Devon Harris knows what defines performance in an over-and-under shotgun. Some owners of the Stevens 555 Enhanced have reported the cracks in the frame near the muzzle after extended use. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. The Model 555 sports a walnut stock and forend with fine checkering, an easy-to-use safety, a single trigger and a long, ribbed barrel. The Model 555 handled all loads, from the light 3/4-ounce 'Trainer ' to the heaviest 3-inch magnum steel shot loads. I can say I'm somewhat disappointed. Return the doubler and get another Stevens Silver 555 gun. My Stevens 555 won't close, seems something is jammed in the mechanism I toolkit apart and the hammer is.t moving to cock the gun,, help!! Ive read numerous threads about the 555 double firing; and the one time I shot one, a 12ga, it double fired on my 3rd shot. So its a cautionary tale for folks looking to get an inexpensive 28ga O/U. 5 Best Long-Range Hunting Bullets Available Right Now, Franchi Momentum Elite Bolt-Action Rifle in Varmint Configurations, Top 5 Most Accurate Factory-Loaded Rifle Cartridges, 6.8 Western Ammo Options: The Load of Long Yardage, A World Record Attempt: Practice Round and Media Day, Interview with Israeli Defense Forces, Part 1. Make sure to watch till the end. templegate tips saturday; totwoo always bracelets; north wirral coastal park the gunsite; venmo there was an issue with your payment; billy strings martin guitar; best prop for mercury 150 4 stroke; 2022.06.16. But if you take care of your Stevens 555 Enhanced, youll be rewarded with years of shooting fun. It's a 5 piece flush set (the gun is compatible with ben/ber mobil) and I am wondering if steel can be shot though these. However, its relatively small size and limited production can be challenging to find parts and accessories. The Stevens 555 is light and handles fast, thanks to a lightweight aluminum receiver. Fit & Finish 50. Webstevens 555 double fire fixhow does khalil explain thug life. So 3 doubles in 6 shots. Goldeneye: CONSEP ballistic needs for smaller Large duck, New Federal FIELD & TARGET Multi-Purpose Load are Rio hulls; +cutaway, 12 ga Non Alliant Steel steel-shot loads, 12ga Low-Recoil Mallard load for < 40 yds, Lowest Recoil Commercial 12ga Steel for waterfowl, 20 gauge hull cut aways, Win Universal, AA HS, CF; Rem, 20 ga 2.75 >= 7/8 oz steel with CSD20 wad, Remington American Clay &Field 20ga RXP20 stitched wad fail, 20 ga Suprema vs Rio hull, cracked basewad, Youth gun: Weatherby SA-08 20ga Compact (24 barrel, 12.5 LOP), 16 ga Steel-shot Fit test: PT1680 vs. CSD16 in cheddite hull, Tested: 16ga 410gr steel shot (overpressure). Accuracy 50. But do you know how to properly use them? They are so light and nimble that if we get another .410 with exceptional wood, it might just follow me home. Mine calls me dad A lady at our club bought one of these. Stevens 555 Stats. Reliability 50. However, I had a Savage model 550 20 gauge double barrel that would not consistently fire the second barrel. Fence Height City Of Casey, Crafted of Turkish walnut, they sport fine checkering that is 18 lines per inch, and there is adequate coverage on the fore-end and pistol grip for a good handhold when shooting. Both barrels went off, regardless of the selector switch. However, the gun fits and feels nice, and when the price was $380 I figured I could roll the dice and see what I got, and resell it for about the same if I dont like it. Fit & Finish 50. So I WILL be keeping it and getting it fixed someday Ended up using this gun as a single shot for the whole dove season as primary gun. For more information on the 555 and 555 Enhanced, please visit www.savagearms.com. By nnero in forum Vintage Savage/Stevens/Fox Firearms, By fireguymike133 in forum Vintage Savage/Stevens/Fox Firearms, By bottlerocket in forum 110-Series Rifles. Stevens new 12-gauge Model 555 over/under is a fast-handling double-barrel shotgun built for winning on the range. Youll need to use high-quality shells to get the best performance out of your gun. Reliability 50. stevens 555 23 results Filter Options Categories. This isnt a shiny gun, but I do like the looks as something Id take out for ducks with non-tox ammo. In addition, the Stevens555 Enhanced cannot use magazine extensions or muzzle brakes that are designed for other Stevens firearms. Just to be clear though, to me this was a good example of you get what you pay for, maybe. Custom Mossberg 500 at the Range and Live Turkey!. If so no CZ gun ever made will ever compare quality wise, to this new Stevens Silver 555 O/U Gun. Never fired one but there are other posts in here if you do a search. On the 12 gauge, the stock finish on the top left edge of the fore-end was subpar. If you experience any problems with the firing pin, it is best to take the rifle to a gunsmith. The trigger guard is just roomy enough to accommodate a gloved hand. One of my buddies bought one in 28 and took it on our annual quail "hunt" in February. Lots will come up. As I thought, this is an old thread from 2016. First, on his gun you could only shoot "doubles" if you shot the low barrel first (I think), if you shot the top barrel first it wouldn't fire the bottom barrel. The Stevens 555 is light and handles fast, thanks to a lightweight aluminum receiver. I am happy to report that the new Model 555 is delightful. Already, the flagship 555 in 12-gauge has earned high praise from shooters and outdoor writers alike for its modest beauty, solid performance and ridiculously wallet-friendly price (under $700) for an over/under shotgun. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. 3 of 15. by bcturkeynut May 23rd, 2018, 6:35 pm. Maybe a bit of might be a nice gun for kids, but the wood is too nice to cut now. When I was talking to Savage, I also asked if I could purchase a 2nd stock for my 555 so I could cut it down for my kids she said they had NO extra stocks for sale! 20 gauge hull cut aways, Win Universal, AA HS, CF;Rem. A quick look at Academys website reveals the Yildiz SPZ ME/12 will run you between $120 and $500, including the cost of any taxes and shipping. The information and opinions expressed within this site are those of its contributors, and in no way should be viewed as the opinions or recommendations of Savage Arms. Unfortunately there is very little difference, sight wise in the newer 555 with the newer trigger an no doubling problem and the early 555 that has the problems. If no one here can, I would find your closest sporting clays range and go there and ask for help. Users experiencing problems with their Stevens 555 Enhanced should consult their user manual or contact customer service for assistance. By collecting seeds from your own garden or buying them in bulk, you can save money on future purchases. Taurus has redesigned this sporting pistol for performance. The 12-gauge gun comes with 28-inch barrels, whereas the 20-gauge version comes with 26-inch barrels. WebStevens 555 O/U Review 20ga 28ga Feb 2017: They had it on clearance for $423 down from $579; I ended up getting it for $382. The Stevens 555 has the lever in front of the trigger guard. Location. Some owners have reported that the Stevens 555 Enhanceds trigger pull can be heavy and gritty. Traditions Vortek Strikerfire Known Problems. Federal has created a safer, easier and more reliable way to shoot a muzzleloader. Ergonomics 50. They have a very good reputation and CZ's excellent customer service. Continue with Recommended Cookies. I own a Stevens 555 in 20 gauge and the gun worked great. I saw one at a local store with exceptional looking wood and am intrigued. Savage Arms Stevens Model 555 Over/Under Shotgun. Additionally, by selecting varieties that are well-suited for your climate and soil type, you can increase the chances of success with each planting season. The Stevens 555 came out in 2014, replacing the heavy Stevens 512. If no one here can, I would find your closest sporting clays range and go there and ask for help. Stevens 555 Over and Under Shotgun -The Savage Stevens 555 over and under shotgun features mechanical triggers, Extractors, Manual safety, and 5 Interchangeable choke tubes. Stevens 555 issues http://www.savageshooters.com/showthFiring-Problem # 4 08-13-2019, 02:40 AM 32-40win Join Date: Oct 2010 Location: Near Drumheller Posts: 6,273 Interesting thread on them on Shotgunworld as well, doubling. Give us a shout. June 14, 2022; idioms for beautiful nature Going on four years and hundreds of rounds. Some 0000 steel wool, Hoppe's No. Web555 | Shotgun | Savage Arms Get world-class performance in an over-under at an affordable price. Post by tracker8320 February 20th, 2020, 1:42 pm. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. As it turned out, both guns hit right where I was looking. TSS + Steel Duplexing: when is steel enough? Posts: 717. Re: Stevens 555 28 ga O/U. While this is not a common problem, it is crucial to be aware of it. Descubr lo que tu empresa podra llegar a alcanzar. One fella replaced the sear springs, seemed to have cured it for him. Anyone have any experience with one of these? Give a Gift First, on his gun you could only shoot "doubles" if you shot the low barrel first (I think), if you shot the top barrel first it wouldn't fire the bottom barrel. I think that the Savage 550 and the Stevens 555E were based on the same action. Anderson County Tn Car Accident, However, I dont really want an O/U 28ga with a $2000 desire not even a $1200 desire, as I had an opportunity to get a used Citori for that. When I first shouldered the 20 gauge, I was sure the drop was too great. The trigger pull is on the heavy side, and the magazine release is in an awkward position. It felt good in the shop, but like Randy's dad, mine went "double barrel" from the start. Webstevens 555 double fire fix. Stevens 555 issues http://www.savageshooters.com/showthFiring-Problem # 4 08-13-2019, 02:40 AM 32-40win Join Date: Oct 2010 Location: Near Drumheller Posts: 6,273 Interesting thread on them on Shotgunworld as well, doubling. SHOTGUNS Availability. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Not really the gun's fault. The Stevens 555 came out in 2014, replacing the heavy Stevens 512. Metal is a matte black finish. That will usually cause a double fire with a mechanical trigger system in such a light gun. Hevi-Metal 20ga 3 #4: thoughts, dissection, ballistic analysis, Why ITX-10 or Bismuth are poor for duplexing, Kent Bismuth: Smaller Euro shot thoughts, Hull names in manuals which are they? The gun has a lightweight aluminum-alloy receiver with a unique steel insert centered right over the firing pin holes that reinforces the standing breech. I know from their website that I have to pay shipping, they pay return. Fits me very well, and quite happy with the action. The 555 is listed as a pound lighter, has great reviews including mrsm282's (his enhanced is a couple hundred $$ more than the plain jane). probably can't go wrong with either. The firm's first product was a single-shot pistol with a tip-up action. A forum community dedicated to Shotgun owners and enthusiasts including the Remington, Beretta, and Mossberg shotguns brands. Part No. On one morning in our early goose season I dropped 8 Canada geese with it. Stevens 555 compact #15203209 09/07/20. That will usually cause a double fire with a mechanical trigger system in such a light gun. Web555 | Shotgun | Savage Arms Get world-class performance in an over-under at an affordable price. It felt good in the shop, but like Randy's dad, mine went "double barrel" from the start. Stevens 555 Stats. Has anyone on here had trigger work down on a 555 in the past? The initial run had the basic grade and the enhanced grade, with 12, 20, and 28 gauges available, as well as the .410. by Savage Arms. Graphic Content: Hoof rot and Coyotes kill an elk and we check it out. 22179 / 555 Enhanced 16-gauge, 28-inch barrel / $879. I did notice the price went up on them this year . Powered by UBB.threads PHP Forum Software 7.7.5. The finish on the alloy receiver is a lustrous matte black that is very uniform and meshes well with the matte bluing on the steel barrels. Hopefully someone on here can point you in the right direction. 66,923. I specifically elected to take the risk of this double-fire problem, because of all the low-cost o/u out there (6 or so) I liked the fit and feel of the 555 best, and the low purchase price made it an acceptable gamble. go ahead a get one. SupportStoreCareersLogin Firearms Performance Blog 555 Home / Firearms / Shotgun / 555 Specifications 12 GA 16 GA 20 GA 28 GA 410 GA Calibers 12 GA 16 GA If it didn't latch, when the action was opened, the barrels would fall off the receiver. It can cause misfires and jams, making it challenging to shoot accurately. Stay informed and join our social networks! viewtopic.php?f=247&t=451007&p=3696536#p3696536. Feb 2017: They had it on clearance for $423 down from $579; I ended up getting it for $382. It didn't double fire, i.e. Heterochromia Folklore, However, they can also be prone to problems with the firing pin. I don't know about the Stevens 555E that had a double firing problem. Webstevens 555 double fire fix. I'm new to shotguns in general and own a Weatherby PA-08 as my first shotgun. Thank the Maker, I was using target shells or I would have ended up in the mud. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Sorry to hear. The shotguns were first shown at the 2014 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, and are now part of the companys line-up. The barrel lengths are 26 inches for the 20 and a nominal 28 inches for the 12 (the 12-gauge barrels actually measured 27.875 inches). They have a very good reputation and CZ's excellent customer service. 22178 / 555 16-gauge, 28-inch barrel / $705. Available in different sizes and red dot ready, it'll fit your needs, whatever they are. This is a serious detriment for folks deciding what gun to buy, it indicates the importing company, Savage/Stevens, is just buying guns from Turkey and doesnt even have the basic parts, and doesnt bode well for future support to me. We've had a couple that had wood that would make Beretta envious. He got it almost all duck season, and has put 500 rounds through it on the clays course so far this spring. The new Stevens 555E brings together the best of two worlds: a 16 gauge chambering and Stevens by Savage's newest, budget-friendly field gun. I can truthfully state, however, that I never missed a shot at a teal! Some shooters prefer this feature, giving them one less thing to worry about the gun. The sole purpose of this site is to provide an online community for those who wish to interact with other Savage firearm enthusiasts. Well see how the repair goes; if they fix the double-fire issue and return the gun in a decent time-frame, it may still turn out to be an acceptable purchase in situations like mine where its a secondary/additional gun intended for kids use next season. If this is your first visit, be sure to Joseph Von Benedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series rifle. If you want a inexpensive double look at CZ's. Just picked up a new 20ga, and I can't find much info on the chokes that came with it. As a result, users may experience difficulties with reloading the shotgun. Thank the Maker, I was using target shells or I would have ended up in the mud. The Stevens 555 is light and handles fast, thanks to a lightweight aluminum receiver. by | Jun 15, 2022 | north node conjunct neptune synastry | greek mythology son falls in love with mother | Jun 15, 2022 | north node conjunct neptune synastry | greek mythology son falls in love with mother