Front Knee to back shoulder always as though you are standing at the plate, no matter where you are in the box. Home Plate: A standard, white -colored, 5 sided plate, which is overlaid by the Strike Zone Mat. Tom Wagner's varieties of tomatoes have been a hit among gardeners for years. A pitched ball will be described (by the umpire) as either a STRIKE or a BALL. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. The slow pitch arc is between six and twelve feet in height. Make the mat a little wider than the plate and make it not quite to the back of the batters box and include the plate. Put the issue to bed. Softball strike mat ships at 17W x 36L. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. How big is a strike mat for softball? Description. Sometimes this game is so easy. It's that time of year again when gardeners all over the world are planning what to grow in their gardens. by TK15 Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:56 am, Post If I am mistaken about that, I apologize my searches of this message board did not lead me to that particular statement I am trying to recall. Even still, ball/strike arguments abound at the 1-pitch tournaments. The Schutt Slow Pitch Softball Strike Zone Mat gives you something to aim for.the strike zone, that is. It is a low acid tomato with a unique flavor that has been described as sweet, yet slightly tangy. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. Sunday night the ump told the team playing after us that he wasn't calling the line as a strike. We have had it for about four months and it is ripping. NCAA Oregon Ducks Disposable Paper Plates, Pack of 20, Paragon - Manufactured Fun SNO-Cone Spoon Straws, 200-Count, Assorted - red, Blue, Yellow, Green, 8", NFL Green Bay Packers Disposable Paper Plates, Pack of 20, Softball Pitching Mat 10' x 3' Softball Pitching Plate with 24 x 6 Inch Pitching Rubber Softball Powerline Antislip Antifade for Softball Pitching Training Aids as Softball Pitchers Mound Green Color, ChalkTalkSPORTS Baseball Coach Home Plate Plaque | Thank You Coach | Ready to Autograph. League Rules and Regulations. Gardeners around the world have been growing these varieties for the past 8-10 years and are sharing their experiences with others. Due to the changing size of the strike zone, it is important that the pitcher is able to pitch for all player heights. the situation is stressful. Then how, when a batter is deep in the box, can a pitch come down behind them and still be called a strike, if the strike zone is based on positioning the hitter adjacent the plate?? The purpose of the strike zone is to give the pitcher less advantage when throwing the ball. $99.99 - Sold Out . Heavy-duty 3/8 thick, molded rubber strike mat makes the strike zone visible behind home plate. It has similar dimensions to other pitching screens, but the pad has a strike zone design that can focus pitchers on painting the corners and hitting specific parts of the strike zone. It does not store any personal data. Where the best play USSSA. Below the chest is considered the top zone. Please use a different way to share. 16-inch softball (sometimes called clincher, mushball, cabbageball, puffball, blooperball, smushball and Chicago ball) is a variant of softball, but using a larger ball that gradually becomes softer the more the ball is hit, and played with no gloves or mitts on the fielders.It more closely resembles the original game as developed in Chicago in the 19th century by George Hancock, and today it . Description Official size heavy duty rubber slow pitch mat. Due to the variance in the way that the strike zone is judged, pitchers will want to be aiming well into the strike zone as opposed to the outskirts of it. have an arc of between 6 and 12 feet from the ground. As a pitcher I like the mat because the umps can't say "too deep". Definitely gotten a lot more comebackers going low and having someone fling the bat at it. Worth SPN Slo-Pitch Mat Skip product carousel. Reviewed in the United States on July 8, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on October 16, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on June 13, 2017. The pitcher must take a position with at least one foot in contact with the pitcher's box. All players are expected to demonstrate fair . Knowing where the strike zone lies is very important when playing baseball. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. When we need another one, i will order this product from Amazon. Yes, Remember, the strike zone will be the area between the armpit and the top of the knee. Grip the ball tightly with your fingers to keep the ball in your hand. From NE Ohio to North Central Mississippi, everyone has their own ideas and preferences for what they will plant this year. In softball, similar to baseball, the strike zone is the area or volume of space above the home plate where a pitch must pass to be called a strike or even to be a valid pitch. If your organization is tax exempt, just set up an account and claim your tax exemption. Softballs come in 11-inch, 12-inch and 16-inch sizes. Practice It is as simple as that. 3 What is considered a strike in slow pitch softball? Please complete the fields below to send your friend a link to this product. that while it did slow down the destruction of the anchor studs, it didn't last long in twice-daily cone 10 firings. Why the difference, I have no clue. The batting in slow pitch softball is bound by rules which doesn't allow to take advantage of the slow pace of pitching. Challenge Cup. $ 59. I actually prefer the strike mat, as long as it doesn't include the plate. Q: Constructed of heavy duty, high visibility orange molded rubber. 1. fuzzy_socksucker 1 yr. ago. Great for practice and drills for any age pitcher! No plate. This is a distance that will change based on the height of the player. [{"displayPrice":"$17.61","priceAmount":17.61,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"17","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"61","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"XxXpkDeIjpUNNTd%2BZw8fUsafWQuPFqy66FP64FWWSy7DTAirLAdgXSSuKqOpnBXwPXN%2FtQSPcoqVoaynJhK5HoGG3MX5N0qw7bzOvVLANJ2b%2BTADMFhR6jjy4%2BXHGJW9TUwCIDJrE0QC76lS0BRgWw%3D%3D","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"NEW"}]. Stickandbat.com is built on our deep passion for sports that need Stick, bat or Mallet to play. Bright orange color for high visibility. Of course, this is the same guy who called a strike on a short inside pitch that landed next to the rectangular part of the plate. Does The Strike Zone Change Based on Height? JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. All Rights Reserved. Then there is less arguments. Great point. What are some examples of how providers can receive incentives? If the pitch lands on the extension its a strike . C: Infield Hypotenuse. The pitch must have an arch of at least 6 feet from the ground and no more than 12 feet fromt the ground. If I hits rubber and is the correct height, it's a strike. The reasoning was along the lines that a 6-14 arc pitch cannot physically pass through the strike zone and land on home plate (barring extremely strong headwinds, I suppose). Some call it where it lands (like there was a mat why don't they just use a mat then? The maximum allowable arc is 12 ft. from the ground. The ball doesn't need to travel horizontally across the batter to be a strike. A softball strike zone is segmented into three depending on the batter's height. 1.1.2 A team must have at least 8 players on the field to continue playing, if a team only has 8 Isn't this why we use umpires to call the games, instead of mathematicians? No juking. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. not, in the opinion of the umpire, be too fast. STRIKE ZONE: A rectangle 17" x 34" which includes the plate and the plate extension (mat). Every other ump has a different call on that. QTY. Home. Previous Results. We will contact you as soon as this product is available. We have had it for about four months and it is ripping. Distance from backstop to the back tip of home plate is 25. I like the wooden board we use over the plate. 1. Specialty Programs. For many gardeners, it starts with tomatoes. (Fastest Pitch On Record!). by sixofdiamonds Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:17 pm, Post A strike is called by the umpire for each legally pitched ball hitting the strike zone mat and the batter does not swing, and for each pitched ball swung at and missed by the batter. The bases on a Softball . They last long and are very durable!!! Chop swing is a trick used by batters to direct the ball towards the plate or just on the ground; slowing down of the ball resulting from the chop swing shot makes it difficult for the fielder to collect it. Great for practice and drills for any age pitcher! We love sports and love to share information and experiences and address some of the common questions any athlete raises when pursuing these types of sports. As well, I want to offer the following reminder. That's just off the top of my head. HMMMMMMMMMM??????????!! Details. Captain's Directory. Your friend will receive an email from you with a link to our site. . 728 km (519) 728-3717. To place an order over phone call "Mike" at 850-572-4056. Heavy-duty 3/8 thick, molded rubber strike mat makes the strike zone visible behind home plate. Only ASA approved slow pitch softball bats are allowed in league and tournament play. Great quality product, but the photo looks like your getting home plate with the extender. Play senior ball now with the mat (covers the plare), played with the mat (plate not a strike) when i was younger and umpired USSSA. The only reason Id be in favor of a Mat is the inconsistency in strike zones from Umpire to Umpire. Fielder's Dome Mat - Baseball and Softball Practice Training Equipment for Improved Fielding, Catching, Agility, Hand-Eye Coordination, Focus and Reaction Sports Speed Skills Development. Then, arrange your fingers so that your index finger is parallel to 1 of the seams and your thumb is parallel to the opposite seam. (Best Age to Play Baseball), How Fast Does A Baseball Travel? Champro Home Plate Extension (Orange) , 17 x 25, Franklin Sports Home Plate Baseball Softball Rubber Home Plate. SKU: WSPM-SPN. sandy amphitheater promo code; lashfood lash & brow enhancer serum duo. Senior Softball-USA Email: info@SeniorSoftball.com Phone: (916) 326-5303 Fax: (916) 326-5304 9823 Old Winery Place, Suite 12 Sacramento, CA 95827 The batter has the option of taking the pitch for an automatic ball or swinging at the pitch. Way less arguments from players. It looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone. Dwarf Mr Snow, Fred's Tie Dye, Saucy Mary, Sweet Scarlet, Kangaroo Paw Green, Idaho Gem and Banana Toes are just a few of the varieties one gardener is growing in a 4x8 bed of "bulletproof" tomatoes. My bad?? No problem. A: Base Distance. USA Softball Slow Pitch are allowed in Men's, JO Boys Fast Pitch . Softball Fields are regulated playing fields for the sport of softball. Reviewed in the United States on August 1, 2016. Designed for slow pitch softball. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Reviewed in the United States on October 24, 2012. What is considered a strike in slow pitch softball? They questioned him, he says he meant it hit the outside half of the line. COACH BOARD BASEBALL/SOFTBALL SOFTBALL CATCHERS MASK HOCKEY STYLE WHEELED DUFFLE BAG - 17" X 17" 36" BASEBALL HELMET CHIN STRAP Our Price:$19.00. 17 Red Rocket is a determinate tomato variety that is well-suited to hot, muggy climates like those found south of Memphis. Slow-pitch softball is the more popular of the two, as its rules are relatively simpler, which makes it an ideal choice even for the rookies out there. Field Equipment. If the pitch is swung at, the illegal pitch is ignored. The sides of the point facing the catcher shall be 12 inches long. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Thanks for the clarification, Les. $99.99 Quantity. 75th ANNIVERSARY: Save on Streamliner chalkers! I umpire without the mat and I tell the guys who like to let close ones go bye, "Don't leave it up to me because you probably won't like the outcome". By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Umps ready to wear catcher's mask. Softball is played with two primary variants: fast-pitch and slow-pitch. Why in the world would you think I would have something SMART to say??? Softball. The pitch must have a minimum arc of 6 ft. from the ground. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. GoSports 9 Pocket Baseball and Softball Pitching Strike Zone Target Net, Black, Red. One of the most effective ways to protect your garden from pests is to use natural predators. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. STRIKE ZONE MAT. one-piece strike zone mat incorporates home plate in an All-N-One1/8 inch, heavy duty, tough-wearing, black rubber mat with home plate in white and eliminates the old fashion way of the umpires having to constantly replace the strike zone mat to the home plate. Product information . Enhancements you chose aren't available for this seller. Rough sometimes to handle front plate pitches. This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt. The size of the strike zone in softball can vary. Some variation in the strike zone is to be expected, and learn an umps tendencies is part of the game But when the variation from ump to um deviated sooo much then something is broke. The umpire and the coaches may determine a shorter period of time. The fielders wear gloves. The sides shall be 8.5 inches long, and the edge facing the pitcher shall be 17 inches wide and parallel to the pitchers plate. Copyright var date = new Date(); document.write(date.getFullYear()) Dowdle Sports & Outdoors. Each pitch is judged on whether it's a ball or strike as it crosses above the home plate in a flight. Hitters will need to make a solid judgment on whether to swing for the ball if it appears to be hitting the edge of the strike zone. In the most common type, slow-pitch softball, the ball, which can measure either 11 inches, for a womens league, or 12 inches, for a mens league, in circumference, must arch on its path to the batter, and there are 10 players on the field at once. ASA rules define the zone as front knee/back shoulder while the batter is standing . If the ball lands outside of the strike zone and the hitter doesnt take a swing, this is regarded as a ball. Four of those and they can walk to first base, which works against the pitcher. slow pitch softball strike zone mat softball strike zone target . The height requirement is 6' to 14', not 12'. . Based on that criteria, would it not be a physical impossibility for the ball to be considered a strike on both positioned hitters?? The ball is a little softer than the 11-inch version. Premium 10 Feet X 3 Feet Softball Pitching Mat in Clay Color. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. For slow-pitch softball, we also offer a couple of long-lasting softball strike zone mats. All rules not mentioned in this packet will be governed by the ASA slow pitch softball rules. Have mostly played (and pitched) mat plus plate. League Champions (Hall of Fame) 22. This will ensure that they are able to throw perfect pitches every time, which increases the chance of being able to strikeout the batter. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. What do you think about plate n mat for the strike zone??? Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. The Slow Pitch Softball Game Official Playing Rules 11 Inch and 12 Inch Games Copyright USSSA 1968-2020 USSSAs online Slow Pitch Rule Book is located at www.usssa.com. Season Schedule. The home team is responsible for supplying a new/good game ball. Softball strike mat ships at 17W x 36L. Shorter players would have a terribly difficult time being able to hit the ball. by wdshipe Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:12 am, Post Post I've played a few tournies where they used the mat and it eliminates all arguements about strikes. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. by sixofdiamonds Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:44 pm, Post Personally, I am not a fan of a ball/strike mat. I. We are sorry. Senior Slow Pitch has a strike mat No such rule Section 2 . I didn't read the description until after, was expecting a bigger plate; but it's quite clear in the description. The plate itself is 17 inches wide and the diameter of a softball is 3.82 inches, making the actual width of the strike zone 24.64 inches when the inner edge of the ball is over the edge of the plate. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties. Baseball bats are illegal, . I like the bigger strike zone to move the game along, but dude come on. In Slo-Pitch play Softball Canada uses WBSC mechanics for 1, 2 and 3/4 umpire systems (with the exceptions found below). Disclaimer: Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not a substitute for advice from a licensed health-care professional. Pitches . facts about chess pieces; perfume that smells like australian gold; dritz cover button kit craft Sometimes, they are going to get the decision wrong. Pretty huge advantage to any pitcher worth a shit as you can go low and hard to front edge of the plate and then high and deep. Schutt Slow Pitch Hollywood Strike Zone Mat JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. by sixofdiamonds Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:56 pm, Post Regardless of this minor flaw, I thought it was a good product, with thick rubber, and worked well for our slow pitch softball season and will probably last for many more years. Strike Zone. The zone leaves to much to umpire discretion. Need additional help? "Where the batter stands in the box (OOPS there is no box) has no bearing on the strike zone. You can upload your P.O. The online rule book supersedes the printed edition and will contain any updated rule or by-law changes. He really liked it. My bad! Gardening is a great way to spend time outdoors and get in touch with nature. We follow Senior Amateur Softball Association Slow Pitch rules with modifications intended to minimize injuries. Product Code: . With 2021 in full swing, many gardeners are looking for new varieties of plants to grow. I know this isn't the point of your comment, but I feel it needs to be re-stated. YOUR STATE. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. I used to not think this way but I believe ASA should all be mat strike zones. In softball, the centerfield, right, and left fences must be 250' (76.2 m) from the apex of home plate. A pitched ball that hits the white portion of the plate should be called a ball. This means that with the same player, you may want to play around with aiming the pitch a little bit higher or a little bit lower than you normally would. This allows pitchers to throw softer pitches in the area near the batter's knees without fear of being called a ball or an automatic walk. What does it mean that the Bible was divinely inspired? The dimensions of the strike zone mat is 19 inches wide x 34.5 inches long. It takes 60 days for Red Rocket tomatoes to reach maturit. Prefer paying with a Purchase Order? As an umpire, I prefer mat strike zone. Select your subscriptions from a range of popular titles. What I call the "Pro zone" is pretty much the strike zone in professional, college, high school, and higher levels of club and travel ball - pretty much 15 years old and up.The top of the zone is somewhat lower than what's specified in the rule book. Softball is a sport that is played by a large number of people across the United States . It is also known as Radiator Charlies Mortgage Lifter, after Charles Byles (1890-1976), an auto mechanic, This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our. MEMBERS . One other point to take into consideration is the fact that a ball can cross the white portion of the plate and not hit the mat. 50+ Senior Softball League - 2018 . Designed for slow pitch softball as well as baseball and softball pitching and hitting training. They will then need to assume their standard batting stance. Discover: Where Baseball Players Live During the Season? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Your slow pitch softball pitching becomes more effective once you get a thorough understanding of the strike zone. ReadSchutt Slow Pitch Hollywood Strike Zone Mat product reviews, watch videos or select the style of your choice. What are the dimensions of home plate? Mats used are 19- 21 inches wide and fit around plate starting a point where plate angles to triangle. All majorcredit cardsacceptedwith online ordering. 3. Got this for my boyfriend who pitches in softball so he could practice. Arguing balls and strikes can be grounds for an immediate ejection. Remember; the whole purpose of the strike zone is to ensure that the hitter has a better chance of being able to hit the ball. They would constantly strikeout. by sixofdiamonds Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:04 pm, Post 1.1M. Error posting question. It seems what constitutes the slow-pitch strike zone needs to be revisited every so often for both league members AND umpires. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. - Durable rubber. It measures 17 inches across the front, 8 inches down each side and 12 inches diagonally to a point nearest the catcher. STRIKE ZONE: A rectangle 17" x 34" which includes the plate and the plate extension (mat). Here we discuss some of the most popular early sweet pepper varieties, their characteristics, and how they fare in different climates. Compete to be the champion of your respective division. If the pitcher cannot do that, they will never hit the big leagues. The softness and its size, which makes it slightly harder to throw than a smaller ball, slows the speed of the game just a little bit compared to a game using an 11-inch ball. main The item you are trying to purchase is currently out of stock.Please enter your name, email, and phone number below. The slow pitch strike zone is at a diagonal so moving forward and/or backward would manipulate the zone. Mat is a strike. No it is not. We play all year round and they hold up to rough play and weather. Gotta hurl it in pretty fast to maintain 4'. USSSA Conference. Where can I find the slow pitch softball rule book? Reviewed in the United States on September 26, 2017. The 12-inch ball is the standard for slow-pitch softball. Can be cut to USSSA specifications (24L). Slowpitch Strike Zone Mat Can be cut to USSSA specifications (24L). Then they make adjustments so they can be successful. number handy at the time of your order. Where the batter stands in the box has no bearing on the strike zone. This heavy-duty rubber mat fits perfectly behind home plate and clearly displays the width of the strike zone, giving slow pitch pitchers a target. ASA rules define the zone as front knee/back shoulder while the batter is standing adjacent to the plate. ETA: Im almost 6 tall and had a pitch that definitely got above my head after release, hit the mat and then was called illegal Im only a little salty . Early Sweet Pepper Varieties: Which is Best for Your Climate and Taste? B. Putting all these factors together it could be said that the strike zone for an average college softball player is a cubic area that is 24.64 wide, 17 in depth, and has a vertical length of 22. This means that you will need to practice your pitches with people of various heights and batting stances. For men's 16-inch slow pitch, the bases are 60 feet apart, the pitcher's rubber is 38 feet from home plate and the fence distances are 250-feet minimum . Estler's Mortgage Lifter is ideal for growing in northern climates due to its ability to withstand cooler temperatures better than other varieties. . 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Select a location to see product availability. 44K views, 321 likes, 20 loves, 54 comments, 294 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from USSSA-Slowpitch Softball: UMPIRE FUNDAMENTALS: Jason Oberlag breaks. Major World Series. Strike Zone: When the batter assumes a natural stance adjacent . Because the batter only gets 1 pitch to look at, I really don't want to put that much pressure on the batter or the umpire. Tomatoes are a great choice for beginners as they're easy to care for and c, Co-Existing with Nature: Protect Your Garden from Pests Easily, Protecting Your Garden from Pests Using Natural Predators B: 1st Base Runner's Lane. Ajvarski, Donkey's Ear, Gatherer's Gold, Jimmy Nardello, Lipstick, Melrose, Gypsy F1 hybrid, Mareko Fana, Stocky Red Roaster, Red Wonder, Little Bells and Sirenevyi are all discussed here. It Arguing balls and strikes can be grounds for an immediate ejection. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Item arrived as described. We probably don't treat it as carefully as we should, but just know that it will rip unless you store it in a flat position and keep it clean. Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! Once the player is in position, the strike zone will be the area that rests between the armpit that is the furthest forward and the top of the front knee. I see a lot of batters and teams complaining about a 10' or 12' pitch not being called "illegal". A sensing system and method determines whether a slow pitch softball has been delivered in a strike zone. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. As an aside, we use a ball/strike mat in the 1-pitch tournaments. How Can a Pitcher Increase The Chances Of Throwing The Ball Into The Strike Zone? All rights reserved. Let's Find Out! One-Piece Strike Zone Mat . You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges. Slowpitch Strike Zone Mat. 4.8 out of 5 stars 122. Baseball and Softball. Experienced players both hitters and pitchers figure out what an umpires strike zone. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Softball Home Plate Strike Zone Extender quantity. As we said; the ball must pass through the strike zone in order to be classed as a proper pitch. 18 W x 26 L. SKU: 40410 Categories: 2022 Odeys Catalog, Baseball / Softball, Home Plates. Sorry, we were unable to perform your search at this time. As an umpire, I agree. Shop All Softball; Softball Apparel; Fastpitch Base Layer; Fastpitch Pants; Slowpitch Pants; Fastpitch Sliding Shorts; Socks & Belts; Licensed Gear; Shop All Apparel; Bags; Backpacks; . I'm not quite sure how or why, but they do. This NEW one-piece strike zone mat incorporates home plate in an All-N-One1/8 inch, heavy duty, tough-wearing, black rubber mat with home plate in white and eliminates the old fashion way of the umpires having to constantly replace the strike zone mat to the home plate. A pitch that is properly thrown will never strain your arm. No new inning shall begin after 1 1/2 hours of play. Pick Up Here. The best pitchers are those that can change their pitch height by a couple of inches easily. Used at all levels of play. Privacy | Website Accessibility Statement | Disclaimer. One of the jobs of the umpire will be to define the strike zone based upon the players batting stance. How about inside/outside? by wdshipe Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:08 pm, Post No more arguing over balls and strikes in slow pitch softball games. Worth SPN Slo-Pitch Mat. Owls, hawks, and snakes are all known to eat vol, This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our. And then every umpire is different. ***** important ****the ball has to travel (at least) 3 feet upwards from release and 3 feet downwards before it arrives at the plate for it to be a lega. This means that a good pitcher in softball may not necessarily be good at pitching in baseball, as the ball will need to be aimed at a completely different area. Below is a visual depiction of the moving strike zone in slow-pitch softball. If you want to frustrate your pitcher with a small strike zone, this mat will do that nicely. The List Price is the suggested retail price of a new product as provided by a manufacturer, supplier, or seller. Illegal pitcher said: It's 25 x 17. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. . No more arguing over balls and strikes in slow pitch softball games. Schutt Slow Pitch Strike Zone Mat Softball. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Of course, this does mean that the strike zones interpretation can change from a softball game to a softball game.