Can you overcook the pork? The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". If youve injected the pork properly, theres no need to repeat the process once the meat hits the smoker. This Grilled London broil is marinated in flavorful ingredients, then grilled to perfection. Because its not as acidic as common marinade ingredients like lemon juice or vinegar, the ribs can stay in the solution for longer periods. No reviews. Its that simple. Once cooled, melted butter has a tendency to separate. However, you shouldnt estimate when a pork butt or shoulder is cooked through. Join me and be the best outdoor cook you can be. Pork Medallions with Balsamic Vinegar and Capers. Pound pork butt, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, pork rub, Boston pork butt, apple juice, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, cider vinegar, Apple cider vinegar, apple juice, worcestershire sauce, spice rub, butter, Pork butt, dry rub, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, Apple cider vinegar, apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, Smoked and Grilled Recipes for the BBQ Enthusiasts , Pork butt, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, brown sugar, Boston pork butt, spice dry rub, apple cider vinegar, dark brown sugar, chicken broth, Pork, butcher paper, bbq sauce, tony chacheres, tony chacheres creole, Whole pork shoulder, dry rub, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, dark brown sugar, Whole pork shoulder, apple juice, bbq sauce, dark brown sugar, grill, Pork butt, pound pork butt, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, brown sugar, Pork shoulder, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, Apple juice, cider vinegar, corn syrup, pork rub, worcestershire sauce, Lb pork butt, apple juice, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, pork injection, Boston butt, old bay seasoning, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, peach preserves, Red cabbage, apple cider vinegar, dark brown sugar, lb pork butts, beef broth, Pork loin, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, vegetable oil, Pork butt, apple cider vinegar, bbq pork injection, apple juice, brown sugar, Pound pork butt, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, Competition Barbecue Pork Shoulder Recipe, Down Home With The Neelys Apple Injected Smoked Pork Recipe With A Twist, To Inject or not to Inject, that is the Question, Big Bob Gibsons Championship Pork Shoulder, Chris Lillys Six-Time World Championship Pork Shoulder, Chris Lillys Championship Pork Injection, Roasted Pork Shoulder with Grilled Peaches and Peach Glaze, Award Winning Competition Pork Butt Recipe, 21 Pot Roast Recipe Instant Pot Slow Cook, 21 Pizza Sauce Recipe Using Fresh Tomatoes. It is the system used by caterers and BBQ competition cooks. What toppings are on Dominos Hawaiian pizza. It will save your hands if you have a lot to do. They may be expensive, but they can last a lifetime with the proper care. If using the injection: In a separate mixing bowl, combine all the injection ingredients and blend until the sugar dissolves. 4.49. Pork Shoulder Injection Apple Cider Vinegar. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Used ACV, apple juice, Worcestershire and a little oil/seasoning for injecting pork loin roast about 10 min before putting on smoker. The turkey injection is made from butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, black pepper, and salt. Your email address will not be published. Smoke until they reach 167F-170F and then wrap in pink butcher paper and place back into the cooker. We prefer to inject (using a product like this). Whisk the ingredients together right before drawing the marinade into the injector. Read myfull disclosurefor more info. Before we begin, lets tackle the most critical question: Should you inject a pork shoulder in the first place? Should I Inject Pork Shoulder? Apple cider vinegar, apple juice, worcestershire sauce, spice rub, butter, Pound pork butt, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, pork rub, Apple cider vinegar, apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, Pork butt, dry rub, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, Apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, chicken broth, spice rub, white vinegar, Boston pork butt, apple juice, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, cider vinegar, Pork shoulder, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, chili garlic sauce, worcestershire sauce, Boston pork butt, spice dry rub, apple cider vinegar, dark brown sugar, chicken broth, Pork butt, cherry cola, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, sweet cherries, Whole pork shoulder, apple juice, dark brown sugar, lemon, worcestershire sauce, Pork loin, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, vegetable oil, Pork rib chops, cider vinegar, dijon mustard, cinnamon, mayonnaise, So what should you inject with your injector? For sure. Recipe for Surefire BBQ Pork Injection, Take your pulled pork to a whole new level of smoky goodness. Furthermore, you can inject pork shoulder right before cooking it, cutting down on the overall prep time. Pull back on the plunger until the syringe is full. To add moisture to the pork shoulder as it cooks, use a barbecue mop or spritz instead. #bbq #pulledpork #butcherbbqIn this weeks video I go over injecting a pork butt! Remove mixture from heat and allow it to cool completely before using. It will save your hands if you have a lot to do. Season and roast the pork. Browse recipes for pork loin, including pork loin roast, stuffed port loin, and smoked pork loin, along with tips for the best ways to cook it. Slice against the grain and serve. I would suggest using the same ingredients in your dry rub in the marinade as well. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. They also make the injection process go much more quickly. While experts are divided on this issue, we dont think injecting it sooner will make a great deal of difference. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights. Stovetop: Deep Dutch Oven, low heat simmer for at least an hour per pound. If possible, crush up your rub with a mortar and pestle before adding to the marinade. Using a meat injection syringe, inject the mixture into several different spots in the pork roast. The addition of a spice rub incorporating some of the same seasonings as the marinade enhances the flavor even more." Using a meat injection syringe, inject the mixture into several different spots in the pork roast. Lets explore some of the more creative options. Well, start by outlining an imaginary grid on the pork butt or shoulder. This, Its recommended that you inject the juices. Work over a rimmed baking sheet or other container with sides. Vegetarian Recipe. Its time to try these easy and delicious maple glazed grilled carrots. Its recommended that you inject the juices at least five minutes before you start smoking or cooking your meat. Larger cuts can dry out, and it is quite difficult to add flavor right into the center of the meat. 2. These brews are loaded with intense flavors that might overpower the sweetness of the pork. You dont have to inject pork shoulder or Boston butt in order to have a great barbecue. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. 2. New to grilling shrimp? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Easy, healthy recipes your family will love! Evenly coat pork shoulder with barbecue rub all over. Preheat your smoker to 200F (or set your grill for indirect cooking at 200F). The marinade is sucked up through the injection needle and then pushed back into the meat. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. The Ofargo Marinade Injector is a classic style syringe. Its time to try these easy and delicious maple glazed grilled carrots. Instructions. Smaller cuts of meat require less brining time, larger can stay in for days if you like. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I began writing about Barbecue & Grilling in 1997 with one mission, to help the backyard chef have the best experience possible. Yes. Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 pork injection recipe that we have shared over the years. They dont last very long, and even if they do, they absorb too much residual flavor. 148 Ratings Save. If possible, use a root beer that uses cane sugar in its recipe, rather than high fructose corn syrup. Yes, you can! RecipesforDads.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. It is an inexpensive unit that you can purchase for around $10. I tried it and it made my pork roast the best Ive done it 10 years, Your email address will not be published. Pork butts, or shoulders, are perfect cuts for low and slow cooking, but there is always a chance that the meat will dry out. Because the root beer has a complex flavor profile on its own, theres no need to doctor it up too much when using it as an injection ingredient. Calories : 257 kcal. Plunge the needle deep in the meat, then depress the plunger slowly and steadily. Oven Braised Beef Short Ribs With Cabbage. 15 Related Question Answers About Competition Pork Injection Recipe. I was blind to the way of injecting pork shoulder until a pitmaster friend of mine showed me the ropes. I appreciate any purchase you make in support of the work I do. 464 Ratings. He has written two cookbooks. Our mix makes enough to marinate an 8-pound pork butt. Easy Smoked Pork Shoulder Roast!! Remove the shoulder from the foil and shred. Should You Inject Pork Shoulder the Night Before. Place pork butt on the smoker, fat side up and close the lid. Place the pork fat-cap down and fill a meat injector with the Pork Injection. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Scrape off the fat and add the rest back into your pulled pork. Best of luck with your latest creation, and happy grilling! Instead, use a meat thermometer to get a clear answer. Bring the mop sauce to a boil while whisking and remove from the heat. Make this appetizer and wow your guests! This recipe includes a dose of lemon juice as well. Most bourbon injections contain just 2 simple ingredients: bourbon and brown sugar. Copyright 2022 BARBECUE & GRILLING WITH DERRICK RICHES. Cool completely and set aside to serve with the pork. 3. 12 Related Question Answers About Simple Pork Injection Recipe. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. 1. 5 mins Ratings. It is important to find a pork shoulder or pork butt injection that is just right for you: The liquids are the most important elements to your shoulder or pork butt injection. It is a great method that is used by many of the top Pitmasters to cook tender, juicy brisket every time. Make sure you foil your drip pan and save the drippings. So easy! There are a lot of options that you can choose from. We usually recommend adding the rub in advance and letting the pork shoulder sit in the fridge for up to 12 hours, or overnight. Shortly before cooking, inject the mixture into the pork shoulder in several places. Of course, it costs around $160, so this is really for those who make money on barbecue. Once youve gotten the hang of smoking pork shoulder or Boston butt, you might want to experiment with some different flavor techniques. We should reiterate that when the rub contains components that might tenderize the pork, its better to apply it just 1 to 2 hours in advance. It never hurts to bring some BBQ too, keeping the butcher happy is a good idea. If youre going to spend all day smoking a pork butt, why not take the extra time to brine and inject it? This Russian River Brewing Co. This is because it will give the juice enough time to spread through the meat before you begin cooking it. Injecting brisket is an effective, easy, and fast way to deliver moisture and flavor deep into a tough and lean cut of meat. It is dishwasher safe and durable enough to last for several years. Squeeze the injector until the marinade starts to leak out of the injection site. Description. Inject 1-2 teaspoons of the injection solution into several spots on the top of the meat. Just make sure to make enough of the injection recipe to stick to the rule of half an ounce per five pounds of meat. Therefore, they can be used interchangeably. As you are already reading this post, I am going to go ahead and assume that you appreciate the importance of a pork shoulder injection. In a large skillet, brown pork on both sides in oil until juices run clear. Todd. This is because it is easier to siphon up the liquid. Season the pork on the outside using some extra dry rub. As for flavorings, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and even BBQ sauce can work. See my video below for more tips. Another stellar pork injection marinade for smoked pork roasts. Always aim at your kitchen sink and clean up any splatter as it can contain raw meat particles. Combine apple juice, orange juice, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, agave, cider vinegar, kosher salt, Sriracha, garlic powder . This cut doesnt contain quite as much intramuscular fat, and its better to remove the skin before cooking the meat if youre going to be shredding it afterward. For our 8 pounds of pork, were going to marinate it for 18 hours, but overnight is fine. Some pitmasters prefer to keep things simple by mixing up a simple blend of apple juice or cider, water, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and salt. Use it for potluck gatherings, when you cant be certain what other dishes might be on the menu. Fire up the grill! Use to inject the meat all over. It only makes sense to take the time to do both. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Brining is one option, but pork injection recipes tend to offer more versatility. Get yourself a meat injector and take your low and slow cooked pork to a whole new level. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Derrick's Hot Rib Rub. Slice against the grain and serve. You add the rub and salt and stir it until the salt is dissolved. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It tastes so good, but dont want to serve company because it doesnt look right. You will often find that a pork butt injection and a pork shoulder one are identical. Easy Oven-Barbecued Pork Chops. Place the pork on the grill grates and close the lid. Stick the pan in the freezer for about 30 minutes, and the fat will harden. Combine all pork injection marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Butter-Based Poultry Injection Sauce. An injection marinade is inserted straight into the center of the meat, adding moisture, flavor, and tenderizing power. Now lets get started shall we? Easy, healthy recipes your family will love! Once the smoker was preheated, I placed the pork butt on the smoker with a foil tray underneath that I added about two cups of apple juice to. Simmer all injection marinade ingredients, except butter, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. You can also use a large Dutch Oven Pan, covered, at 325 degrees, the same amount of time. I began writing about Barbecue & Grilling in 1997 with one mission, to help the backyard chef have the best experience possible. It adds the perfect balance of ingredients to make sure your pork shoulder or pork butt doesnt dry out during long smokes. paprika, black pepper, boneless pork loin roast, extra-virgin olive oil and 3 more. Try finding a side of the cut that's tender and make this the preferred side for injecting. Its time to try these easy and delicious maple glazed grilled carrots. Ready to smoke? It will keep it tender and juicy through the cooking process. Mix apple juice, pineapple juice, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt, and brown sugar together in a large bowl at room temperature so the salt and brown sugar can dissolve. We would suggest a ratio of 2 parts bourbon to 1 part sugar, but some recipes call for a 1-to-1 ratio. I would suggest chicken broth as it has a milder flavor. Reduce the heat to low and add the onion, garlic, onion power, garlic powder, black pepper, and cloves. Dont miss out on this simple Pork Chop Marinade recipe. Our favorite recipesfrom caramelized chops and slow-braised pork shoulder to spicy enchiladasare guaranteed to put pork in your dinner . After injecting, apply seasoning liberally to pork butt and let sit at room temperature on the counter for thirty minutes. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. A brine helps a piece of meat retain moisture while also adding flavor. 12 mins Ratings. Inject the pork every 1-2 inches, using a grid pattern. Stirring continuously, pour in the sugar, salt, and monosodium glutamate. Using a meat syringe, inject the meat evenly at 1-inch intervals from the top side of the pork shoulder only, using the entire amount of the injection solution. Should I Inject Pork Shoulder? Im Mark Rogers (a BBQ aficionado) and dad who loves to cook, BBQ, smoke, and grill for my family and friends every chance I can get. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. We usually recommend adding the rub in advance and letting the pork shoulder sit in the fridge for up to 12 hours, or overnight. Once the syringe seems clean, use soapless water for a final rinse. Because its not as acidic as common marinade ingredients like lemon juice or vinegar, the ribs can stay in the solution for longer periods. Heres the thing I like to keep my marinade recipe as simple as possible. New to grilling shrimp? To Make the injection: In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, water, dark brown sugar, vinegar, and salt. Keep in mind that pork shoulder and even pork butt can be fairly tough. Dip the hose end into a container with your marinade, and the trigger mechanism pumps the solution into the meat on both strokes. 2 tablespoons black pepper. These are the best recipes weve formulated over the years that add a little oomph to pork butts, whole shoulders, and pork loin roasts. Rachel Hozey, Pensacola, Florida. Discard the bone and any gristly pieces and pull the rest of the meat into shreds. Tie the leaves with kitchen twine, so the packet stays together. 450 Ratings Save. Fill a meat syringe with the marinade. Personally, I find that apple juice goes really well with pork shoulder. This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here. Preheat smoker to 225-250 degrees. If you are doing a lot of injecting, then you want something with a pump action, versus the regular syringe style. Using an injection syringe, inject the pork at 1-inch intervals, using the entire injection solution. Plus Homemade Rub! 380 Ratings. This means that you should only need to inject the meat for about 15 minutes to 30 minutes before you smoke it. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork and shake to coat. Need more inspiration? Achiote Marinade. This is an all-purpose injection to add to any pork loin, butt, or shoulder meat. Feel free to experiment. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. How to make it. When it comes specifically to pork, these are 5 of the marinades I use most often: Moo Shu Pork Marinade: a yummy hoisin-based marinade. Season the pork on the outside using some extra dry rub. Last updated Feb 17, 2023. Simple Roasted Pork Loin Yummly. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Rub the paste all over the pork shoulder, loosely cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate from 2 to 24 hours. This mixture will help keep your smoked pork tender and flavorful during a lengthy cooking process. Bring apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, broth, hot sauce, and spice rub to a simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes. When added to a marinade, apple juice complements the pork with its sweet-tart flavor. Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 simple pork injection recipe that we have shared over the years. 1 cups olive oil, divided. Scale the ingredients up or down for bigger or smaller cuts. This is largely because pork shoulder tends to have a milder flavor. 1 bunch cilantro, trimmed. Pull the handle of the injector towards you so the injection is 'inhaled' inside. cinnamon stick, meat, oregano, bread, lard, chicken broth, pork and 28 more Ham, Sausage, and Salami Bread As receitas l de casa milk, eggs, all-purpose flour, onion, baker's yeast, margarine and 2 more and more. The whole brisket recipe uses the Traeger Coffee Rub both as the dry rub and in the injection. The guests wont be disappointed. In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the BBQ sauce and bring to a boil. It was obvious it was only at injection sites. Sizzling tenderloin and veggies are tossed with a bold cilantro sauce and tucked into tortillas for a fun take on taco night. Combine all the ingredients for the injection in a jug. Cook on high for four to five hours (or low for eight). Use your injector to siphon up your desired amount. Place the pork butt in a large pot or rimmed baking sheet and pat it dry with a paper towel. Still, make sure that your marinade is near water thin. Bacon and Parmesan Penne Pasta. This mixture can be made at home using a variety of ingredients, such as oils, herbs, spices, broths, juices, and marinades, or you can purchase pre-made . Amazon Associates Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All of this means that the cut is at a higher risk of drying out when exposed to heat for an extended period of time. Otherwise, they will simply end up clogging the opening. Odds are you are using this basic pork injection marinade for a Pork Butt, the most popular cut of pork for barbecue. Oven: Oven bags work the best for tender meat cook on 325 for at least 4 hours or more. 4.94 from 99 votes. You are probably going to want to experiment with your own pork injection and I do highly recommend this. Just like a chicken marinade, the best pork tenderloin marinade contains a bit of each sweet, salty, fat and bold flavors. Meat was cooked perfectly. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights. Beer is said to help tenderize the meat and is wonderful to inject into a tough cut of meat. Preparing pork butt, also known as Boston butt or shoulder, can sometimes yield dry and tough meat when it isn't done properly. Just make sure to keep the meat refrigerated at a temperature below 40 degrees Fahrenheit the entire time. Pork Shoulder Injection: What Is It, and How Does It Work? Since the process works by holding the liquid inside the meat, it will retain that moisture longer than it would if youd used a mop or spritz instead. Pour all of the ingredients for the mop sauce in a medium saucepan. Be sure that, if using spices, these are finely ground, as bigger pieces can clog the needle and unclogging and cleaning it can be difficult, especially if the piece of food is locked in place. 90 Ratings. Wrap the roast in plastic wrap and place it into your refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Cook meat as directed. If you want to pump your pork with as much flavor as possible, then you can add herbs and spices. Let the pork rest as you heat up the grill or the. Whisk the ingredients together right before drawing the marinade into the injector. Join me and be the best outdoor cook you can be. #9. Mix the ingredients together. Injecting pork butt is a technique used to add flavor, moisture, and tenderness to the meat. Best of all, its one of the easiest things you can do to add flavor before smoking your pork butt. Also, avoid injecting into areas of excess fat. Chicken, Bacon, and Pesto Potato Skins Yummly. This acts as a way to keep moisture inside the smoker and also collects drippings as the meat cooks. Combine the oil, garlic, fresh and dried oregano, Adobo, paprika, salt and pepper. To make the injection: In a medium bowl, whisk together apple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, water, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Whether it is deciding which grill or smoker to buy or how to get that perfect steak, this is why this site exists. Preheat the oven to 450F and bring the pork to room temperature while the oven heats. Injection has one major advantage over marinade: It can be added shortly before cooking. This is the second time coffee is brought up as part of making brisket injections and with good reason. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". If you like the flavor of beer, it certainly cant hurt anything. Pork butt may have a bit more excess fat than the shoulder but it can still benefit from a marinade. If some pork injection marinade spills out, wipe it away and move on. Inject the marinade as explained in the sections above, and prepare the rub. Combine the apple juice or cider, apple cider vinegar, water, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, melted butter, and pork rub in a small mixing bowl. CatHead's BBQ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon (.com, .co.uk, .ca etc) and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. Blind Pig-Injected Smoked Pork Butt recipe takes BBQ pork to a whole other direction and level. Preparing your Pulled Pork Recipe for cooking I always inject pork butts. Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, & Cajun spice in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Pour some of the marinade into a tall, thin container such as glass. Not only is it easy to whip up but it boosts the flavor in your pork shoulder too! The best time to inject pork shoulder is shortly before you put it on the smoker. It is dishwasher safe and durable enough to last for several years. A cheap domestic brand should work just as well as a fancier label, but you can experiment with whatever light ales or lagers you prefer. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Be sure to check out my Pork Shoulder Brine recipe. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Im a food and wine lover, and recipe creation enthusiast. Ive got a great Smoked Pork Shoulder recipe you need to try. Let them soak while you prepare the meat. While the pork begins to cook, make the bourbon brown sugar mop sauce. However, if you decide to go for it, you can use any of the pork shoulder injection recipes weve included below. What are the ingredients to make pork shoulder injection? Place all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer for 3 minutes. This type of herbal rub is easy to make. Still, make sure that your marinade is near water thin. If it is too close to the surface, the liquid will simply shoot back out.