I was helped every step of the way and all of my questions were answered promptly and all of my needs were professionally met. Our Las Vegas truck accident lawyers can advise you on the most common types of commercial vehicle collisions. My highest recommendation! A southbound truck "entered into the group of bicyclists, some of them were traveling behind the safety vehicle, they were struck, the safety vehicle was also struck as well as some the bicyclists in front of the safety vehicle," Smaka said. Non-economic damages: these compensate a plaintiff for subjective losses that are not economic in nature (such as pain and suffering). That is why it is so important to discuss your case with skilled legal counsel. Drivers near the crash pulled the semis driver from the vehicle before the truck caught fire. Please contact our team at (702) 423-3333 to set up a free, no-hassle appointment with our Nevada injury accident attorneys, and we will immediately assist you and your family. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The five cyclists were pronounced dead at the scene, south of Boulder City and north of Searchlight. A truck carrying an oversized load in northwest Las Vegas on Friday struck a steel beam near a bridge construction site, sending the beam crashing onto a following vehicle and killing its driver, according to the Nevada Dept. We can evaluate your claim and help you determine what it might be worth. Las Vegas, NV - Victims Hurt in Semi-Truck Accident on I-15 at US 95 Las Vegas, NV (July 11, 2022) - On Monday, July 11, at about 10:20 a.m., the Metro Fire Department and Las Vegas Police Department responded to a truck accident that included at least two other vehicles. The $155 million bridge, scheduled for completion in early 2024, is the final phase of the Centennial Bowl project that began in 2015 to build an interchange where U.S. 95 connects with the Clark County 215 Beltway. A collision involving one or more large trucks might result in catastrophic property damage, deaths, major injuries to drivers and passengers, and considerable property loss. When they collide with other drivers, the injuries can be severe. 2016: 74 deaths, 73 crashes. After a Las Vegas crash, injured people and their families need resources and support. Our Las Vegas-area truck accident attorneys will meet with you and yours as quickly as possible. Trooper Ashlee Wellman said A gray Toyota sedan was traveling northbound on Las Vegas Boulevard. Latest I-15 Las Vegas Nevada News Reports. LAS VEGAS (KTNV) A Las Vegas police officer was injured in a crash Wednesday afternoon. Two men from Idaho were ejected from a Toyota Corolla after it was struck by the semi-truck and died at the scene, police say. Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV, 700 South 7th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101 They are very intelligent, incredibly hard-working, and very compassionatesuch a rare and valuable combination. Las Vegas, NV (January 19, 2022) - Troopers with the Nevada Highway Patrol are investigating a serious truck accident that occurred Wednesday afternoon, January 19. David K. Li is a senior breaking news reporter for NBC News Digital. When asked the victim told police that her toes wernt covered by hershoe shurancebecause toes wernt covered in the policy.. Upon choosing Mr. Mott as my attorney, I didnt expect timely results. Disclaimer: None of the information provided in this post should be misconstrued as legal or medical advice. Las Vegas Metropolitan Police. Slip and Fall Accidents Premises Liability, 700 South 7th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Five bicyclists are dead and several were injured after a box truck hit their group Thursday in a "horrific tragedy" that unfolded outside of Las Vegas, authorities said. or redistributed. A Worldwide Log of Semi Truck Accidents, Updated Realtime from local news sources. The Nevada Highway patrol told FOX5 Las Vegas the crash was reported just after 6 a.m. on July 18 on U.S. 93 approaching Interstate 15. Semi-truck accident cases in Las Vegas are relatively complex, but a lawyer can help you fight for a favorable outcome. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) conducted a large-truck crash causation study, which explored the wide variety of causes of truck accidents, including the following: When truck crashes occur, there are many different parties who may be responsible for the accident depending upon the specific causes of the collision. In some situations, when the defendant has acted in such a way that suggests a conscious disregard for the well-being of others on the road, and that behavior led to the crash, the plaintiff also may be able to obtain punitive damages. Copyright 2023. Tim and his team are great! Visit our updated. Both died from blunt injuries and their deaths were ruled an accident. Like us on Facebook. They always update me throughout the process. The crash took place [] Skip to content. Valentines Day storm sends Las Vegas a white love letter. You protect your legal claim and ensure your recovery from your injuries. The photo depicted in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene. He said there were warning signs approaching the beam and truckers are made aware of construction hazards when getting permits for oversized loads. Tire blow out or flat tire caused by poor vehicle maintenance or overloading; Defective vehicle parts, such as brakes or steering; Poor roadway conditions caused by poor roadway maintenance; Truck speeding (at a speed above the posted speed limit) or driving too fast for weather or roadway conditions; Jacknife event caused by defective parts or inclement weather; Truck migrating out of its lane, or lane encroachment due to truck drivers distracted or drowsy driving; and, Motor vehicle traveling in a wrong-way (opposite) direction toward the truck. This site contains affiliate links. Once you have met with a doctor and are following the treatment plan, it is time to discuss your legal options with a Nevada truck accident attorney. This was a significant increase from 2016, which was 28 fatal crashes involving trucks, as well as only 17 fatal crashes involving trucks in 2014. Auto manufacturer: many truck accidents caused by defective parts, such as defective brakes, happen because a defect occurred during manufacturing, and the truck manufacturer can be sued for damages; and Trooper Wellman said it was too early to determine if speed or impairment were factors in the crash. When you travel to Las Vegas for a vacation or live within the city limits, you may not think about the risks of serious truck accidents. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. Big thanks to Tim and his team! First time Ive ever experienced anything to do with a lawyer. Thankfully, victims harmed in truck accidents in Las Vegas may be helped by the Eric Roy Law Firm. Legal advocacy you can count on when injured in a semi-truck wreck With its rapid and expansive growth, Las Vegas has lots of roads and freeways for large trucks to move goods in and out of the city. I recommend Valiant and Mott to anyone needing quality, and professional attorneys who will treat you as an important client whether your case is large or small. Latest N Lamb Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada News Reports. Under Nevada law, plaintiffs who are seriously injured in truck crashes typically can seek compensatory damages, which come in two different forms: Economic damages: these compensate a plaintiff for direct, objective economic losses (such as the cost of hospital bills, surgeries, or lost wages); and At the. Motorists were stopped for a flagger in a construction zone at the time when the semi-truck hit the vehicles in a moment that was captured on a dashcam video. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. One man was killed in a fatal crash on Interstate 15 involving a semitractor-trailer Tuesday morning in the far northeast Las Vegas Valley. A long stretch of southbound Highway 95 was closed soon after and not reopened until about 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, according to the Department of Transportation. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), trucking accidents resulted in approximately 4,136 fatalities in 2018. Be sure to obtain the name and contact information of any witnesses who may be able to corroborate your version of events. LAS VEGAS, NV (June 15, 2022) - Monday morning, a bus collision on Lamb Boulevard left two drivers with injuries, police said. "Drowsy driving is just as bad as if you were intoxicated or texting and drivingit impairs your ability to drive a vehicle," he told FOX5. Buratczuk said the driver of the semi-truck who hit the vehicles admitted to "drowsy driving," and may have fallen asleep at the wheel. You might encounter 18-wheelers and semi-trucks on the 215, I-15, the 95, and Summerlin Parkway. We do whatever we can to make matters right on your behalf. The dedicated advocates at Ladah Law are available answer your questions today. Copyright 2022 KVVU. Regardless of whether it is a car accident, pedestrian accident, motorcycle crash, bicycle collision, truck accident, or any other kind of injury accident, the following resources can be helpful for crash victims and their families and friends. The most responsive, attentive, professional and trustworthy law firm in Vegas. Underride accident. Notes: Eric Roy Law Firm uses outside sources when creating these posts. When it comes to truck accidents, there are often many different parties who may bear some responsibility for the collision and for any injuries that resulted. If you were hurt in a Las Vegas truck crash, you have the right to seek legal counsel. North Las Vegas cyclist dies of injuries from Sept. car crash. The NHP advised drivers to avoid the area of U.S. Highway 95 at Eastern Avenue after the truck crash, which involved at least one other vehicle. Las Vegas, NV - I-15 Site of Injury Semi-Truck Wreck at US 95 Las Vegas, NV (June 9, 2022) - On Thursday, June 9, officers with the Las Vegas Metro Police were sent to investigate a semi-trailer collision that ended in injuries. Auto designer: sometimes truck crashes occur because of a defective truck part or component, and when that auto part has a design defect, the designer may be responsible for a crash; At approx 1600 today NLVFD, CCFD, Nellis responded to a 2 vehicle MVA. A Nevada personal injury attorney can help you to determine the best way to move forward with your claim. I will always recommend valiente Mott for people that are in need of their services. "I was devastated to hear this news this morning," Gov. Nevada; Downtown North . (385) 999-2999, function googleTranslateElementInit() { What Is the Statute of Limitations in Nevada? RTC Southern Nevada reported a crash in the area near Cold Creek Road at 1:27 p.m. At approximately 3:30, Nevada State Police Highway Patrol reported that one-lane travel will before 4 p.m. I can't think of anything more profound to say than that.". Our experienced Las Vegas law firm specializes in handling semi-truck accidents throughout all of Nevada. A wall of the Air Force base will need to be repaired, Trooper Wellman said. FILE - Nathan Chasing Horse sits in court in North Las Vegas, Nev., on Feb. 8, 2023. 100% satisfied. Regardless of the severity of the collision, the people involved are left to deal with injuries, medical bills, property damage, and insurance claims. The semi was on I-15 driving south from Cheyenne Avenue when the crash happened. Las Vegas, NV Victims Hurt in Semi-Truck Accident on I-15 at US 95. The truck struck a Toyota Corolla that two men from Idaho were traveling in, Trooper Jason Buratczuk told FOX5. Get all the stories you need-to-know from the most powerful name in news delivered first thing every morning to your inbox. Nevada Highway Patrol said a tractor-trailer rolled over. Please click here to continue without javascript.. SoCal to Vegas High-Speed Rail Project Hits the Brakes as Financing Falters, Tight Schedule Squeezes Work on Las Vegas Bridge, No Roman Holiday to Retool Entry at Las Vegas Resort. They were quick to respond whenever I had a question about my case or if I had any concerns. 53 ft Race Car Semi Trailer . pic.twitter.com/F6WcvoUnzW, CNLV Fire Department (@NLVFireDept) November 23, 2022. Underride accidents are unique to large vehicles. News & Information. Our Las Vegas Injury Lawyers will even come to you for a free consultation. By continuing to browse or by clicking I Accept Cookies you agree to the storing of first-party and third-party cookies on your device and consent to the disclosure of your personal information to our third party service providers or advertising partners to optimize your experience, analyze traffic and personalize content. All injured people, whose identities and precise injuries are yet unknown, were taken by ground ambulance to UMC Trauma in supposedly stable condition. First, it could strike the side of a vehicle that crosses its path. new google.translate.TranslateElement({pageLanguage: 'en', includedLanguages: 'en,es', layout: google.translate.TranslateElement.InlineLayout.SIMPLE} , 'google_translate_element'); The former "Dances With Wolves" actor pleaded not guilty Wednesday, March 1, 2023, to state charges that he . (702)-505-4525 Consulta Gratuita. Took time to explain to me all my options. Go here to learn more about how a Las Vegas injury lawyer helps accident victims. An accident involving an SUV and a semi-truck Thursday afternoon, July 25, 2019, caused the death of one person. Is There a Time Limit to See a Doctor After an Injury? Las Vegas, NV - 1,100 Reno, NV - 73 Nevada - Major tourist destination with fast-growing population, traffic, and too many crashes The population of Nevada continues to grow wildly, reaching 2,839,099 in 2014, and with this growth comes the major growth issues we would expect to see. However, neither the LVMPD nor any other first responders who reported to the crash site have revealed details on the accidents cause or the victims injuries. The tractor trailer . I highly recommend anyone to look into Valiente Mott as their first option for legal council. A police procession on U.S. 95 to the downtown Clark County Coroner's Office followed the removal of the officer's body more than six hours after the 7 a.m. incident at U.S. 95 and the 215 Beltway. In addition, emergency medics from Las Vegas were dispatched to the collision site to assess the seriousness of the injuries sustained by the victims. Most motorcycle accidents in Nevada occurred in Las Vegas and Reno. Few truck accidents are more severe than a head-on collision. For crashes involving more serious injuries, or when a fatal accident occurs, a personal injury attorney is needed to manage the insurance claim. No other information on those involved in the crash has been made public while the collision is still being investigated. Mobile Command Tractor Semi Trailer. . LAS VEGAS (KSNV) A bicyclist was struck and killed in a crash with a semi-truck that left the scene in the east valley Friday morning, according to Las Vegas police. However, despite their importance, large commercial vehicles also pose serious risks. }. Like we mentioned above, many large truck accidents result in life-threatening and deadly injuries. As Nevada correspondent for Engineering News-Record, Doug Puppel covers the state he has called home since 1988. The NHP said no charges have been filed as the crash remains under investigation. On the other hand, even though these enormous trucks are common and a part of our daily journeys, hitting one of them may be devastating. LAS VEGAS (KTNV) There were major delays on the I-15 Tuesday morning after a semi-truck jackknifed blocking several lanes, according to RTC of Southern Nevada. Wild video captured a semi-truck's deadly rampage down a California highway that claimed 11 cars. Valiente Mott is a law firm dedicated to helping personal injury victims. Hopkins says southbound 95, a major approach to Las Vegas, would be closed for much of Friday as police investigate and crews shore up the site. Authorities say a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department patrol vehicle was involved in a. "It's a horrific tragedy," Smaka said. It is important to work with Las Vegas truck accident lawyers who can properly manage all of the issues involved in a complex truck . Rollover accidents are especially dangerous, as a rolling commercial vehicle could strike numerous vehicles across multiple lanes of traffic. Read our affiliate disclosure policy here. Thank you guys so much!!!!! Design, CMS, Hosting & Web Development :: ePublishing, This website requires certain cookies to work and uses other cookies to help you have the best experience. 1 killed in crash at Nellis Air Force Base, Man struck by four vehicles on I-15 identified, NDOT updates Tropicana/I-15 interchange after layout confuses motorists, UNLV set to sell land to Boring Co. for Vegas Loop station, 2 hospitalized after wrong-way driver causes crash on 215 Beltway, Rock n Roll races to cause Strip, downtown road closures this weekend, Brightline enters into deal with rail unions for LV-LA train system, Popular highway in Death Valley reopens after 2022 flooding. I have many times used Hylands myself and am a fan of their products. provide service on all types of trailers; and supply trailer parts. This is particularly applicable to Highway 95, which goes through Las Vegas, Interstate 15, U.S. Highway 93, and Nevada Interstate 395, which traverses Carson City. A truck could be involved in a side-impact crash in two ways. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Ladah Law Firm, PLLC, 2023 - All Rights Reserved. Commercial trucks play an essential role in keeping the city up and running. Nevada Highway Patrol releases dashcam footage of fatal semi-truck collision. Many of these end up with fatalities and serious injuries. The Nevada Highway patrol told FOX5 Las Vegas the crash was reported just after 6 a.m. on July 18 on U.S. 93 approaching Interstate 15. The crash occurred around 6:25 p.m. in the 4900 block of Las Vegas Boulevard North. From there, our skilled legal team will evaluate the facts of your accident, guide you through every step of the filing and claim process, and provide the most advantageous legal options available to you. Reno, NV 89511 After all, trucks are big, heavy, and often carry dangerous cargo. Furthermore, it could be challenging to win these cases since commercial and transportation organizations might be reluctant to compensate for the carelessness or other wrongdoing of hired drivers. The semi stopped after the crash near the Interstate 515 exit. As runners take to the Strip and beyond this weekend for the Rock N Roll Marathon events, motorists should be aware of traffic impacts. Las Vegas, NV I-15 Site of Injury Semi-Truck Wreck at US 95. my axal broke and my tire flew off there was no cars around me i merged off to left of road as far as i could i was almost tottally off high way then i called police right. To be clear, a plaintiff can file a claim against multiple defendants if more than one party bears some responsibility for the crash. Can I Recover Lost Wages After an Accident? SweetJames.com has experienced accident lawyers who will help with your case. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This is owing to the fact that semi-trailer drivers are more likely to travel greater distances than other drivers and travel in these much bigger trucks, which magnifies the severity of the repercussions of a car accident. Our writers have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this accident so if you do find any information that is not correct in our post, please notify us right away so that we can update the post with the correct information as soon as possible. This post will be removed if requested. A semi-truck rollover crash was reported on southbound 1-15 near mile marker 25 Sunday afternoon. Between 2015 and 2020, there was 293 fatal motorcycle crashes on Nevada roads, claiming 297 lives. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Definitely recommend. Updated: Feb 17, 2021 / 02:31 PM PST. At every moment, you can tell by his demeanor, personality, and work ethic that he always has your best interests at heart. Latest I-15 North Las Vegas Nevada News Reports. Road closures are in place in both directions on Las Vegas Boulevard between Sloan Lane and Range Road. As soon as we speak with you and your family and learn more about the facts of your case, our personal injury attorneys at Eric Roy Law Firm in Las Vegas will begin working on your claim immediately. Demetrius Powell, of Las Vegas, Died In Corona Semi-Truck Accident On The Interstate (15) Freeway By Temescal Canyon Road. June 10, 2022, 7:19 PM PDT By Phil Helsel A Las Vegas police detective was killed Friday after a steel beam fell onto his car on the highway, officials said. The North Las Vegas Fire Department and Las Vegas Fire Department responded around 3:45 p.m. and put the fire out before it spread into the semis trailer. Hablamos Espaol; Call or Text 24/7: 702-602-4878; Blog; Instagram Facebook-f Twitter. For accidents with very minor injuries and damage, a claim can sometimes be handled by working with the insurance adjuster. The Nye County. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. He always made sure that I was good first before doing any type of business. Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyer Recent Results: $3,025,500 Brain Injury $2,800,000 Car Accident $1,000,000 Brain Injury $750,000 Slip and Fall $775,000 Car Accident Las Vegas is the world's entertainment capital, and the city's logistical needs are immense. Additionally, truck drivers need a lot of room on the road to stop or turn, which, when they cant navigate roads, results in serious, fatal accidents. All rights reserved. Semi-truck jackknifes on the I-15 in North Las Vegas causing major delays. If you were injured in a truck accident in Las Vegas or lost a loved one in a collision, a Las Vegas truck accident lawyer can help. These accidents often occur at high speed, and the enormous size of the commercial truck results in extensive damage. 0. This time period is known as the statute of limitations. Indeed, large trucks tend to weigh about 20 or 30 times as much as passenger cars, and they also have greater ground clearance. A semi truck hit four cars and caught fire on Interstate 15 after the driver had a medical episode Tuesday afternoon, according to the North Las Vegas Fire Department. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form. Disclaimer: None of the information provided in this post should be misconstrued as legal or medical advice. Notes: Eric Roy Law Firm uses outside sources when creating these posts. Las Vegas is the worlds entertainment capital, and the citys logistical needs are immense. Car Accidents Las Vegas . (Nevada Highway Patrol). Visit our updated, This website requires certain cookies to work and uses other cookies to help you have the best experience. The incident happened on September 16th, at about 6:50 a.m., on Charleston Boulevard . Both the men, identified as Christopher Markley, 34, and Robert Jay Barns, 50, were ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene. If a truck driver fails to slow or stop in time, they could collide with the rear of the car in front of them. Brightline West entered into an agreement with several rail unions committing to the use of unionized laborers to operate and maintain the planned $10 billion Las Vegas-to-Southern California system. The photo depicted in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene. Eric Roy Law Firm. The semi continued southbound, hitting a wall of Nellis Air Force Base. It goes without saying that the accident may be disastrous in a variety of ways if you were a passenger in a car that collided with a tractor-trailer or commercial truck. Each will have insurance companies with attorneys to represent them. Thank you very much. Everything is under investigation. The four men and one woman were called accident victims who died from "multiple blunt force injuries," according to the coroner's office. Obviously, Nevada has an unfortunately high incidence of tractor-trailer-related incidents. All rights reserved. Accidents involving semi-trucks or tractor-trailers can be devastating. Following last summers historic rainfall, day-to-day travels in and around Death Valley National Park are returning to normal. LAS VEGAS, NV (October 19, 2022) - Wednesday, a semi-truck collision on Highway 95 left some with minor injuries. The two left lanes are closed with no estimated time on when they could reopen, according to the. LAS VEGAS, NV (September 21, 2022) - Friday morning, a truck-bicycle crash claimed the life of David Serrano. Of those fatal accidents involving large trucks and passenger cars, 96% of the people who died in the wreck were the people in the cars. (RTC traffic cameras), Wahlbergs $14.5M bungalow leads 2022 new home luxury, 3 women linked to robbery before police shooting, You can tell they love football: Raiders make big impression on young QB, Convicted Las Vegas killer overdosed on meth, coroner rules, Harry Reid International sees flight delays amid strong winds, snow, Locals keep calling this Las Vegas mountain the wrong name: Heres why, Rare March snowstorm blankets parts of Las Vegas region, Look back at the first presidential visit to Las Vegas PHOTOS. Car accidents on private property happen in many ways. 2019: 56 deaths, 56 crashes. I hope never to need their services, but if I ever do, I would trust them with my case. If you often go to Las Vegas and the surrounding suburbs, youre probably used to sharing the road with big commercial trucks. Reach out to Valiente Mott as soon as possible for a free consultation. What Kind of Damages Can I Sue for After a Car Accident? Hopkins says its not clear if the truck involved, which was not associated with the highway project, had proper paperwork or was preceded by a pilot car. 2018: 58 deaths, 57 crashes. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Free Consultation, Call us at (702) 623-2323 | Hablamos Espaol. The semi truck driver had a medical episode and hit four cars before the truck caught fire, according to the North Las Vegas Fire Department. Per NHP the semi truck driver had a medical episode and hit 4 cars on the I-15 from Cheyenne southbound before grinding to a stop near the 515 exit.