Then the day trippers. Required fields are marked *. All vacation rentals real estate and businesses are advertised and reserved BY OWNERS. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Remaining balance can be paid in cash the day of the tour. - See 667 traveler reviews, 39 candid photos, and great deals for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, at Tripadvisor. To book just click here to read the full information and then pay the deposit for the service you want. If you dont want to get the bus or drive yourself, this is the best option. Reproduction without written permission is prohibited and subject to USA and Mexico copyright infringement law. They never let you have an empty drink (alcohol, water, etc), they come by to take your trash, and they serve you food. In contrast, I saw fewer dogs in Puerto Vallarta, both with and without homes. Information on how to move around in Puerto Vallarta, busesand taxis. Youll be on the Nuevo Vallarta side of Puerto Vallarta. All-Inclusive Full-Day Marietas Islands Boat Tour 91 By Chica Locca Without a car, youll be confined to overpriced, basic packaged tours with hordes, When you think of Mexico, you instantly think of the gorgeous white sandy beaches and turquoise waters. It was just a perfect time all around. Once you cross over the bridge you really cant miss it. To drive from the airport to Sayulita takes around 50 minutes. So, unless you eat at a street taco stand (which I highly recommend) or buy a souvenir from a local stand on the street (I also recommend), you can expect to have the option to pay for most things in Puerto Vallarta with a credit card. Since taking a day trip to Sayulita from Puerto Vallarta and vice versa involves a maximum 1.5-hour drive each way, its easy to explore both places. Sailing Snorkeling Paddle Boarding Whale Watching, having LOTS of Fun in Banderas Bay ~. The 22-mile bus ride from Puerto Vallarta to Sayulita takes approximately 1 hour. . Sayulita Vs Puerto Vallarta: Which Beach Town Should You Visit? Its hard to meander around Sayulita without catching a whiff of marijuana and even harder to pass a street without someone walking around barefoot with a surfboard in hand, their sea salt-soaked hair drying in the sun. Please do not reply to violations of our Community Guidelines. What's included in this tour Light snack Purified Water Helmet We only accept cash day of tour. Puerto Vallarta sits in a large, curved bay, and there usually isnt a large enough surf to make it worth it. Sayulita is a small town thats already crowded with insufficient parking. In Yelapa you will find all-inclusive hotels, cabins and rental houses as well as a variety of places to eat with different menus, fresh fish and seafood of the day. And you can feel that difference when visiting them. Instead, catch a taxi or bus and have them drop you off at the bus stop in front of Walmart. A typical trip from downtown to the Zona Hotelera and Marina Vallarta runs about M$100 to M$120, while a ride to the airport or long-distance bus terminal costs about M$200. Puerto Vallarta is worth a day trip if only to walk along the Malecon in the morning as the shops and restaurants are opening up for the day. Of course, given Puerto Vallartas size and its popularity as a retirement destination, youll find a greater number of expats living in Puerto Vallarta. You can also walk in the other direction past the cemetery to arrive at Playa de Los Muertos, not to be confused with the similarly named beach in PV. Jose Ramos started his Transportation service in 2002 with one used Chevy Suburban. Any other little quiet, cute towns around to check out a beach? Get ready for the experience of a lifetime! I recommend having both Uber and InDriver on your phone. Nevertheless, that doesnt mean that the parties end early. To avoid this headache, click here to check rates and book online. This bus tour will take you to the relatively untouristed towns of Bucerias, Punta Mita, and Sayulita. Several drivers still do, but most are afraid of the police. Sasha is a teacher, writer, and video producer from Detroit, Michigan. While its true that the narrow, cobblestone streets of Sayulita are often clogged with golf carts and it can be a bit chaotic, its still a fun place to visit. Hotels, Airbnbs, food, and tours cost significantly more than many other parts of Mexico. By Chica Locca Tours Puerto Vallarta Adventure Tours 6-7 hours Chica Limousine Of The Sea The most impressive boat in the bay! Claires Itchy Feet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising & linking to Amazon.com. Im dreaming of the fish tacos at Tacos Gaby and a cold beer at Yambak as I write this. FARE: ROUND TRIP: 320 pesos Tabachines is where we posted up when we had to punch in for a few hours. The easiest way to get to Yelapa is by taking the Water Taxi that leaves from the Puerto Vallarta Public Pier located on Los Muertos Beach located in the Olas Altas area. Buses which indicate Centro head towards the malecn through downtown. These three beaches are about as many beach choices as youll have in Sayulita, though. Private tours start as low as $400. Theyll take up to eight people for that price, so often people band together at the beach to hire one. Alternatively, you can always hail a cab or use ride-share apps. Sayulita, Nayarit 63734, Cruz de Huanacaxtle Location Thanks. Thanks for reading! We are based in the Marina Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta but We also offer Pick Up in Los Muertos Pier, Nuevo Vallarta, La Cruz, and Punta de Mita. The bus from Puerto Vallarta airport to Sayulita costs around $50 pesos ($2.50) and takes around 1-1.5 hours. We have the biggest yacht fleet in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit. If you need to book short-notice contact me here first before paying a deposit. Needless to say, a huge difference between Puerto Vallarta vs. Sayulita is that you cant get away with never using a vehicle during your trip. Sayulita Street. Or maybe to want to visit Guadalajara next and therefore need to know how to get from Sayulita to Guadalajara. The only issue is that you will be very unlikely to get an uber back unless one happens to be in the area dropping off. You can get there via bus, taxi, Uber, or scooter. We personally have had issues getting the taxi fares weve seen online or heard about. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's on the hour, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. EDIT: The last time I tried to book an Uber from PV airport it was a total NIGHTMARE. The Mercado del Mar there is open daily - where you can buy some of the freshest seafood on the planet. That way, you'll have plenty of time to drink in all the sights, sounds, and flavors these two pueblos have to offer. If you have any issues or further questions you can email me at any time. Do you still have questions about traveling to Sayulita or Puerto Vallarta? However, I highly recommend taking the scenic trip south on Highway 200 from Puerto Vallarta to Boca de Tomatlan. The driver is Antonio a local tour guide who is actually my neighbor. If you dont see the email within an hour or two of booking, please check your spam and email [emailprotected] if you still dont see anything. Its more laid-back and informal than much of Puerto Vallartas parties, where people often dress to the nines. Car rentals start from around $17 USD a day (including insurance) so if there is a group of you this could be a great option. Most drivers want you to leave the airport and want to pick you up on the other side of the bridge from the airport. Needless to say, I recommend keeping some emergency pesos set aside in case you get into a bind with having issues withdrawing money from an ATM. Id also love to hear from you after your trip. I personally turn off at the turning for La Cruz and drive that way to Sayulita as the road is safer and its a nicer drive. In contrast, the Malecn alone in Puerto Vallarta is one mile long. The Marietas Islands is a small group of Islands often called the Galapagos of Mexico. As soon as you pass through the immigration doors, youll see a sea of private drivers. Traveling from Puerto Vallarta airport to Sayulita is pretty straightforward and much easier than youd imagine. However, like in Puerto Vallarta, you can find a good amount of local souvenir shops in Sayulita. Its a very easy drive to Sayulita from the airport. Would definitely book them again. Several coworking spaces are also available in these destinations (I personally worked at Selina Sayulita). That's probably where you'll have to go for one of the boat trips too. +52 322-136-4230 (Please mention Sayulita Life) +52 322-117-4233 (Please mention Sayulita Life) Call Now! document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); on How to Get From Puerto Vallarta to Sayulita, How to Get From Puerto Vallarta to Sayulita, 7 Magical Waterfalls in Puerto Vallarta You Can Visit, 8 Stunning Puerto Vallarta Hiking Trails and Walks. ), itll take you between 80 90 minutes. 30 kilometers from Nuevo Vallarta, and 40 from Puerto Vallarta, is Sayulita in the state of Nayarit. You can also visit the smaller but almost equally crowded Playa De Los Muertos. You can then be picked up by your Uber driver close to the bus stop. Sayulita is 38KM from Puerto Vallarta airport. I was pretty much stranded there for over an hour late at night alone. This is in huge thanks to SayulitAnimals, an organization founded in 2009 that runs a donation-based spay and neuter clinic. As with any tourist area getting there early will allow you to beat the worst of the crowds and will make for a much more pleasant experience. There are dorm rooms at backpacker hostels, romantic villas, luxury vacation rentals, and more. Then the day trippers. Currently we have boats from 40 ft to more than 120 ft long, in other words, there is plenty of room to organize your private . We will visit Sayulita at least one day and one evening. Just exit the airport, and drive under the bridge to get onto the other side of the highway. Furthermore, I was able to avoid the massive $5 ATM fee since I have a Schwab bank card, which reimburses me for withdrawal fees. If you arent sure, ask the driver when you get on. World Nomads is great for incidents that happen prior to your trip, so if you get sick or are unable to travel due to travel restrictions some of their policies will cover that as cancellation cover. If your ideal vacation is packing in as many activities as possible, the choice between Puerto Vallarta and Sayulita is easychoose Puerto Vallarta. Click here to check BlaBla car. When comparing Sayulita vs. Puerto Vallarta, there's a big difference in their bus terminal locations. Our next stop on the road trip around Puerto Vallarta took us to Sayulita. The staff was so nice and friendly. Whatever your needs, rely on our expertise to ensure you get the most out of your real estate investment in Mexico. If you decide to rent a car and drive from Sayulita to Guadalajara, the drive is actually really easy and Id highly recommend stopping in Jala (one of Nayarits 3 pueblo Magicos) and Tequila on the way. Thanks to Sayulitas small size, it will take you less than ten minutes to walk from the tourist center to the bus terminal located on the road out of town. Copyright 2023 A Piece of Travel | All Rights Reserved |, wheelchair accessibility in Puerto Vallarta, traveling to Sayulita from Puerto Vallarta, Visit Islas Marietas (limited number of tickets per day), Take a whale-watching tour (December March), Drive south along Highway 200 for stunning ocean views. There are a few different yoga studios in town, including Paraiso and Los Sueos. ROUTE: From Marina Vallarta to downtown Puerto Vallarta (Centro/Malecon) Bus fare is $10 pesos Take Bus Route C27 - La Marina or a bus that has Centro written on the windshield. Yelapa is a charming coastal village south of Puerto Vallarta only accessible by boat. Summer is the low season in these destinations, should you want to avoid the crowds. Either way, make sure you have the address written down so you can pass it to the driver if you dont speak Spanish. Regardless of whether you choose to visit Puerto Vallarta or Sayulita, youll need to arrive at the Puerto Vallarta airport (assuming that youre going by plane). Nuevo Vallarta is closer to Sayulita than Puerto Vallarta. In this case, I would plan to take the bus back to PV from Sayulita. *Reservations for the Water Taxi must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Juan will be in contact with you a day or so before your flight to confirm everything and put you in touch with your driver via WhatsApp. On the budget end, La Redonda is a solid choice. The. You will easily be able to book an Uber from Puerto Vallarta Airport to take you to Sayulita. The distance between two cities is 34 miles. Water taxis to Yelapa, Las Animas, and Quimixto leave multiple times per day starting at 10 am and continuing until 6 pm from the pier at Los Muertos Beach (south of downtown), on Rodolfo Rodrguez next to the Hotel Marsol. The answers below might help. It can be pretty expensive if you travel by yourself, but if you have a few friends with you, you can all split the cost of the trip. It's close enough to the main town that it's not a pain to get to, yet far enough away most people aren't taking day trips there. Renting a car will potentially be the fastest and most comfortable way. They look a little sketchy, but I never had an issue with them. Granted, this timing is for getting off in the northern part of Puerto Vallarta, near Nuevo Vallarta. In fact, I felt theyre among the safest places Ive visited in Mexico (with Oaxaca City and Merida being of similar safety, from my experience). From there, youll need to hop on a bus or in a cab for another 10 20 minute drive to get to the famous Malecn boardwalk. I first visited Sayulita in early 2017 and most recently, a few months ago. Puerto Vallarta is a resort city located on the Pacific Ocean in the state of Jalisco, Mexico. Much of the content Laura writes on A Piece of Travel includes details on solo female travel and. Have fun in the water and enjoy unlimited access to all our water activities and toys including paddle boards, kayaks, fishing, snorkeling, whale watching (when in season), water tubing, splash nets, water mattress and endless fun! Click here to check Car rental prices in Puerto Vallarta. How to get to Sayulita, and how to get away. I really hope this post has been useful and you have a great time in Sayulita however you choose to get there. The cost of this service is $50 USD or $1000 pesos.