One is awkward and two doesn't seem like enough. Learn more about how you can effectively build relationships and expand your overall teaching toolkit with a seven-day free trial of our innovative, on-demand professional development platform. Positive communication is the key to healthy and happy student-teacher relationships. What's included:Happy Mail color and black/white template with spae to write an open ended comment and sign your nameHappy Mail color and black/white template with check boxes to identify what you are proud of with space for a short comment and sign your nameStudent tracking form with space to write st, Students LOVE to receive a note in the mail and postcards are a quick and easy way to make that connection. Regular newsletters sent home to parents can be an effective way to communicate classroom activities, assignments, and upcoming events. Express your enthusiasm for the upcoming school year and your excitement to work with their child. Students benefit the most from parent involvement, says theAmerican Federation of Teachers (AFT). Share student's impressive accomplishment or "a lightbulb moment" from the classroom. Teachers should encourage more engagement and welcome parents to be more involved in their kid's school life. Once a positive relationship is formed, parents are more receptive to the more negative conversations that sometimes need to be had. Works for online, hybrid, or in-person learning. It is a simple notebook or log that is used to document any important information about the student's academic and personal development.The journal is typically kept in the student's backpack and can be passed between the teacher and parent on a daily or weekly basis. My dear students, all the struggles in recent times will forever be things of the past. Emphasize the importance of collaboration between teachers and parents in supporting student success. Dear Parents, It is my pleasure to be your child's teacher this year. Scroll down for a summary poster. Relationships built on trust, collaboration, and effective communication are essential in education. With these 10 key messages you will have an inventory of ideas at your fingertips that you can start implementing right away and come back to it from time to time. Other American Psychological Association research shows parent engagement in their childs school promotes positive education and health behaviors, including strong attendance, higher grades, and a lower likelihood of violence, substance abuse, and other problem behavior through adolescence. Elementary teachers often send reports home about the week's activities and what's coming up. Further Reading:Mastering the Parent-Teacher Meeting: Eight Powerful Tips. Over 68% of parents, according to the NASSP, report that they would prefer text message notifications. This set comes with 6 colorful designs and 6 black and white designs for a printer-friendly option. Share what they are rockin at with their families! They totally make my student's days! Once you set it up, all you will need to do is fill out a google form and it will email your individual student's family or staff member your positive note!This resource comes with:-Video tutorial on initial set up of the Autocrat Google Form Sheet Add On-Google Slide/PDF template that will automatically send to parents and students outlining their Positive Note.-Pre-created Google Form that will auto-popu, Are you looking for an easy way to build parent relationships and communicate with parents when their students are showing exemplary behavior or academics in the classroom? As most parents only occasionally interact with teachers face to face, smile and be positive, warm, and friendly. When it comes time to write your letter to parents, there are a few things youll want to keep in mind. Happy Holi Messages 2023 4). Rather than just a twice-a-year occurrence or sporadic interactions, considering parent involvement should be an ongoing responsibility as you develop exactly when, how, and why you contact parents throughout the year. This bundle of resources has you covered for every positive communication you will need all year!Click each product below to see what is included in this bundle! I am anticipating an energizing year. Your son has indeed passed with good marks thanks to your help at education at home. Simply copy and paste the template of your choosing, fill in the blanks with the s. Writing emails home to parents / guardians can be a daunting task so I have put together a document comprised of several email layouts that you can fill in, copy and paste into an email home to a parent. This fully written emails to parents will make your life easier and save you tons of time! Other digital postcards:I Miss YouBirthday CardsPostcards:I Miss YouBirthday CardsPositive Notes Home, Positive Notes Home Parent Notes Home for Positive Behavior, Back to School Night Pack with Activities and Gifts, Thompson's Teachings - - - Amanda Thompson. Teachers would likely agree that working with the occasional disgruntled parent is part of the job and staying calm can help resolve a difficult situation. This pack will give you enough happy mail to last the whole year!N, Parent communication is key to a healthy home and school relationship. Child may be not happy with their parent's behavior at home. Unlike behavior charts that are only seen in the classroom, sending photos to families allows them really see when their child shines!What is included?6 back to school signs with options from preschool to 5th grade13 positive behavior signs to use all year with any gradePhoto booth sign for open house, meet the teacher, conferences, and more!How can, This printable PDF allows you to send positive communication home and grow the SEL culture in your classroom. Dearest parents, I appreciate your upbringing skills for what values you have imbibed upon your child. BUT since you're probably up to your eyeballs in lesson planning and behavior management I will save you some time making positive contacts home. The teacher explained that if one student could do that, all students could. Would the parent want her child in a class with 10 other kids talking on their phones? Remember, no one has been able to bring the past to the present; the past remains in the past. You can find a positive note that fits actions each and every one of your students do. Missionary Day Messages Send me, This resource makes consistent positive communication with parents and students simple! Dear Parents, My name is , and I will be your child's teacher this year. Use the phone, too. A well-crafted message can establish a positive and collaborative relationship between teachers and parents, which is essential for student success. Happy mail is perfect for all grade levels and subjects.Great for elementary, middle, and high schoolCan be used to celebrate both academic and behavioral achievement3 unique formats included on one PDF, Happy Mail | Classroom Management | Parent Communication | Positive Notes, Parent Communication Bundle | Happy Mail | Monthly Newsletter, GROWING BUNDLE | Happy Mail Seasonal | Positive Note Home | Parent Communication, Positive Parent & Student Postcards | Printable Notes to Send Home, Positive Parent and Student Mail Bundle | Digital & Printable, Postcards Bundle | Positive Sunshine Notes Home, Happy Mail - Positive Letters Home to Parents, Digital Positive Parent and Super Student Mail, Positive News Postcards for Students and Parents - Great for Distance Learning, Postcards for Students BUNDLE - Great for Distance Learning, Fall Happy Mail | Parent Communication Classroom Management Positive Note Home, Digital Positive Parent Notes | Google Slides | Distance Learning, Digital Positive Notes Home // Happy Mail // Digital and Printable, Happy Mail, Positive Parent Mail, Parent Communication Note, Proud Teacher mail, Positive Postcards for Your Students | Positive Affirmations Notes, Parent Postcard | Student Postcard | Positive Note Home | Parent Communication, Email Signature & Headers for Easy Parent Communication, Parent Communication BUNDLE | Digital Newsletter Templates & Email Headers, Weekly Report One Pagers for Parent Communication, Winter Happy Mail | Positive Notes Home | Parent Communication, Classroom Behavior Management | Parent Communication | Photo Signs & Rewards, Happy Mail - Positive Parent Communication. Sheridan says parents can nurture the relationship with their child's teacher by following the three C's. The first C is communication. With that in mind, we are sending this letter home for your awareness. Even if just in passing during drop-offs or the briefest of encounters, positive impressions from these quick connections go a long way. During student-led conferences, students present their academic progress and set goals for the future. A small investment pays big dividends later when it comes to proactive and positive communication! While the great majority of parents are supportive, just about every teacher knows what it's like to face one who isn't. They're [insert positive traits here; hard working, kind, always on task etc]. Teacher-parent communication is key to getting parents involved in their child's education. 2. Thank you for all that you've done for me this year. Show that you notice their child and that you do really care. Easy!All templates are stored in a Word file to make it easy to change the templat, This is a packet of clip art and a powerpoint file created so that teachers can edit the PowerPoint files and create their own e-cards, posters, PDF files (to email to parents) and newsletters. Positive notes home from school can reinforce this relationship! Tutorial V, Our email template from teacher to parent about their child doing well is a great tool to help teachers easily communicate positive news about a student's progress. Communication with parents should be close to the top of every teachers to do list. Easily send parents/ guardians home a positive note about their child's behaviour. By having more positive contact with parents, teachers learn more about students social and emotional needs and their home environments and become better equipped to address those needs. I am so excited to see what the future holds for your child. It is a clear and concise message that recognizes a student's hard work and success, while also providing an opportunity for parents to celebrate their child's achievementsThe template includes important details such as the specific area or subject where the student is excelling, as well as any particular skills or behaviors that the, Personalized/individualized documents sent to family emails or administration by simply filling out a google form. One thing I tell myself every August is that I will be more consistent about sending home positive emails to my students' families. It allows for quick responses and can be accessed from anywhere. Refer to something positive that their child did in class (or via Zoom) that you appreciate! Surprise Them With Student Praise. Her daughter put her phone away during class. It took an hour to dislodge the door and rescue the men. I send my appreciation, dear parent, for your guidance to your child at home regarding the regular studies. Dear parent, I thank you and I appreciate your wishes for my work a lot. These postcards are the perfect, fridge-worthy tool for conveying good things to your students and their families. - ensures parents are aware of your rules, resulting in fewer parent emails/upsets However, these compliments are so clich that students barely notice them. Are you looking for a quick and easy classroom management tool and also to easily send parents, guardians, and families home a positive note? Personalize Interactions. Further Reading: Positive Parent-Teacher Communication The quality of student-teacher relationships plays a pivotal role in the effectiveness of student learning. This is a quick, easy, and effective way to communicate with the parents and guardians in your classroom! Parents tell me that they hang these notes on the wall in their rooms!Print double sided for a useable postcard, or just print the picture side and write a note on the back to leave on student desks or send home, A back-to-school teacher letter of introduction sent home to parents with a rules and procedures contract attached achieves many positive outcomes: By expanding the role of parents in teaching and collaborating with committed families to help students reach academic goals, school and home influences come together to form a unified team. In addition, these phrases don't tell the student what they did to earn the praise. "With your guidance, our son / daughter has developed into a confident and capable child. These email templates make managing your inbox easy! Students also LOVE receiving happy mail in the classroom, to be recognized for their positive actions. Developing effective two-way communication requires several layers. This is it! Multiple Personality Day Messages If your school doesn't have a school-wide communication site, Knutson suggests teachers use an online website, a classroom blog, or even Twitter to keep parents informed. Your plan might include the following suggestions: Having a plan when you talk to parents helps prevent being caught off guard. Reach out to parents when their child has achieved something they have been working towards or has done something positive.