"Faith is huge for me," the NFL star explained, noting that he also attends chapel the night prior to each NFL outing. However, he ultimately focused on playing football at Texas Tech instead and the rest, as they say, is history. Mahomes desire to play quarterback influenced his college decision. former NFL general manager and NFL Network analyst Charley Casserly said (via the New York Post). She designed and executed the rehab," the team's vice president of sports medicine and performance, Rick Burkholder,tweeted. According to a statement by Kennard-Dale's athletic booster club, on Oct. 26, Maloney collapsed on the sideline during the Rams' 34-12 win over Eastern York High School. TOM BRADY VS. PATRICKMAHOMES: Comparing the QBs' college careers. He led the league with 14 passing plays of at least 25 yards in November while completing his throws at the highest clip of any player in the NFL with at least four games played (72.9%). USA Today. During Patrick Mahomes' rookie year in 2017, he was second on the depth chart behind starting quarterback Alex Smith, so he didn't see much action on the field. Patrick Mahomes II is a professional football player from America who plays in the National Football League (NFL) for the Kansas City Chiefs. He remained the starter for the final three games of the 2014 season and even threw for a whopping 598 yards and six touchdowns against Baylor, a Big 12 freshman record. Can Nick Sirianni successfully match wits with Andy Reid? Mahomes was named the Most Valuable Player following the Chiefs' Super Bowl win in February, the first championship for the team in 50 years. Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes shows toughness in MVP performance and Eagles QB Jalen Hurts breaks multiple rushing records in this RedHot Recap from Super Bowl LVII. their mother, Randi Mahomes, said. "He healed my body this week and gave me the strength," the quarterback expressed during the AFC Championship post-game interview (via CBN News). ", According to the publication, the siblings used to fight so regularly that they broke an oven. He became the third player in NFL history with 4,000+ passing yards in three of his first four seasons, joining QB Peyton Manning and PFHOF QB Dan Marino. His generosity and mission to help so many children in Kansas City is inspiring, and we're proud to partner with him to support that mission because Hy-Vee has a rich history in Kansas City as well." However, the relatively recent fame hasn't gone to this celeb's head. Watch Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' top plays during the 2022 season. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. Patrick Mahomes played quarterback for Texas Tech before being drafted . "Every day giving everything that we have together to go for the ultimate goal, the Super Bowl. Why? "I've tried to work with Brittany's hair before and I'm not the best at it," he admitted toPeople. Hollywood couldn't come up with a better story than that. Football Pick'em. ", All this practice has paid off, because he can hit a 347-yard drive with relative ease. At 24 years and 138 days, Mahomes became the third-youngest player and youngest quarterback in NFL history to be named Super Bowl MVP. When Ross ran his 4.22-second 40-yard dash in 2017, he broke past the recent high-water mark of Chris Johnson's 4.24-second 40. QB Patrick Mahomes addresses the media for his Thursday press conference ahead of Super Bowl LVII against the Philadelphia Eagles. Fantasy Football. He became the team's starting quarterback in 2018 a dream come true for every pro football player. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. "Making putts," he said. Established in 2019, Patrick Mahomes' foundation's mission statement is simple and to the point: "15 and the Mahomies is dedicated to improving the lives of children. Texas Tech Visit NFL.com's transaction hub for a daily breakdown. Ranks first in career passer rating (108.7), completion percentage (66.03), 300-yard passing games (26), and passing average (8.39) in franchise history. Jeffri Chadiha explains how Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes made it work, getting Kansas City back to the Super Bowl. Mahomes' younger brother, Jackson, actually came up with the name. The Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Philadelphia Eagles in a high-scoring shootout to capture their second Super Bowl victory in four years on Sunday. I feel like people expect to hear a lot of different things about him, but he's really just chill," defensive end and former teammate Tanoh Kpassagnon said. Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes is the Nickelodeon Super Bowl LVII MVP. Sixth-year quarterback enters his sixth season with the Chiefs in 2022. 29 pro-style quarterback prospect and the No. I think it got to a point where he played baseball so longhe knew the game, he knew it inside and out, explained his father. George Johnston IV highlights Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' incredible 2022 season. College Pick'em. Exhibit A: the responses to thistweet. The significance of Mahomes' accomplishment wasn't lost on the Black quarterbacks who came before him. 'He's a mighty fine quarterback,' (Iowa State coach Paul) Rhoads said. So the following year, the Kansas City Chiefs and Mahomes agreed to restructure his contract. The Chiefs players and staff weren't the only ones to comment on Mahomes' injury. Patrick Mahomes played 17 games last season and 80 games over his career. "As soon as we sit down, drunk dude 'hey everyone this is Patrick Mahomes girl and brother, let's give them s**t' This shall be fun," she wrote onTwitter. Do the Kansas City Chiefs need to win Super Bowl LVII to be considered a dynasty? No one was injured, but after police arrived at the scene to obtain the suspect's vehicle information and description, the vehicle was found nearby. "It's hard at times because everybody's asking for something," Jackson told ETSN in 2018. ", Kevin Lyttle of the Austin American-Statesman: "And when (Davis) Webb injured his left shoulder last week, freshman Patrick Mahomes became the only healthy scholarship quarterback on the roster. Scroll to the right to view the complete stats. He also became the first quarterback ever to accomplish the feat in his first four seasons in the league. "I don't know if I've been that hot on the pong table ever in my life," Kelce said. Mahomes is now "the first half billion dollar player in sports history," according to the agency. You would figure that baseball would be in his blood as his father, Pat Mahomes, Sr., enjoyed an 11-year career in the major leagues, where his son got a front row seat to future greats. In October 2017, the man who confessed to the crime was sentenced to 12 years in prison (via CBS Sports). Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes isn't the only successful athlete in his family. "But I'll definitely do whatever I can as a dad to learn how to do at least a couple things so if I'm ever put in a position where I'm the one taking care of her hair, I know a couple of tricks. "Texas Tech locked up a spot in a bowl with a 59-44 win over Kansas State on senior day in Lubbock," the Austin American-Statesman reported. For the month of December, Mahomes outscored opponents 140-56 where he threw for 1,110 yards and eight touchdowns. An outstanding former high school basketball player, the 6'6" "little brother" was already quickly rising to fame back in 2020 by being BFFs with Mahomes' future wife, Brittany Matthews, and his newfound TikTok stardom. (College Stats), Weighted Career AV (100-95-): 85 (334th overall since 1960). For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. He hasnt been in the NFL long, but everyone is wondering, where did Patrick Mahomes come from? Mahomes, 24, marshaled his team to overcome a deficit in the second half for a come-from-behind victory. College Football Scores. Patrick Mahomes was named Super Bowl LVII Most Valuable Player on Sunday following the Kansas City Chiefs' 38-35 win over the Philadelphia Eagles. Who has the edge? Player Bio HT/WT: 6-2 . Combine that with the fact that Texas Tech compileda pedestrian 16-21 record during Mahomes' three years as a starter, and the narrative before the 2017 NFL Draft was set. It's fun to watch him create these plays and find people downfield. Andy Wittry has written for Stadium, SI.com, Sporting News, the Indianapolis Star, Louisville Courier-Journal and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes threw for 404 yards and five touchdowns in a dominant display Road to Super Bowl LVI: NFL playoffs schedule Wild Card Weekend best videos & highlights Stats. Has recorded six touchdown passes in a game twice in his career against the Steelers (9/16/18) and the Rams (11/19/20), tying Chiefs QB Len Dawson for most touchdown passes in one game in team history. Subscribe to Stathead Football: Get your first month FREEYour All-Access Ticket to the Pro Football Reference Database. NFL Network's Omar Ruiz: Kansas City Chiefs got a collective effort for this Super Bowl. If you have $8,750 lying around, you can buy a ticket to participate. 1 overall NFL draft pick Baker Mayfield, Mahomes and Mayfield combined for 1,279 passing yards in the game, while Mahomes also set records for most plays in a game (100) and total yards gained (819). His 26 career 300-yard games are the most in Chiefs history andtied PFHOF QB Kurt Warner (26) for the most games of at least 300 passing yards in a player's first four seasons in league annals. Mahomes was named the 2022 AP NFL MVP on Thursday night at NFL Honors in Phoenix. "I guess he loves beer pong," Mahomes said. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Honestly? ", Former offensive coordinator Eric Morris: "He's pretty special. 2022 NFL Draft: Christian Watson |Brock Purdy | Bailey Zappe| Skylar Thompson| Isiah Pacheco Before he was an NFL MVP, Mahomes was putting up record-breaking passing numbers at Texas Tech. He was taken to York. However, when Zimmerman was found not guilty in 2013, a then 18-year-old Mahomes tweeted the following: "Knew this was going to happen at least you know Zimmerman will never be able to go in public again." But wait, there's more. He's given her the feeling that she really is a special girl, and he gives her hope." "Today my normal UPS driver was out sick, I had a package that I had to have before an event tonight, called UPS they said it will not be there till 8 pm Called my normal UPS drive and he went out and got the package on his own and hand-delivered it to me!" Please see our Contributors and Sources page for data source details. Became the fastest player to 4,000 career passing yards by accomplishing the feat in just 13 career games. "What kid breaks an oven?" I gotta wait for it to come out (for home viewing),'" Reiter said. "Yeah, they went to saw zero," he said in the clip. Watch Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' best plays from his Super Bowl LVII MVP game against the Philadelphia Eagles. "[Alex Rodriguez] would take him down after shagging balls and stuff, he'd take him down to the cages and get him on a tee and soft toss to him and then he would break it down with him, take him into the film room and show him what he was doing wrong and show him what he was doing right, and he loved that," the elder Mahomes told the New York Post. Earned back-to-back AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors after his debut against the Chargers (9/9) where he completed 15 of 27 passes (55.5%) for 256 yards and four touchdowns and in Week 2 against the Steelers (9/16), completing 26 of 28 passes for 326 yards and six touchdowns. Long story short, the Chiefs were celebrating their Super Bowl win while Malone was in town for his tour. Oldest NFL Quarterbacks: 15 Who Played into Their 40s. "Those kids are the ones that train harder than me by a 100 times every single day,"Mahomes released in a statement a year prior (via KNBC News). Members of both the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles players answer questions together during "Super Bowl Opening Night.". He always thinks he's going to win and he thinks he's the best player every time he goes out there. Draft: Kansas City Chiefs in the 1st round (10th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. Not bad. "He's just a really funny, cool dude. Netflix today announced its first partnership with the NFL: Quarterback, a new docu-series that will take a unique look at each season, told through the lens of NFL quarterbacks. Talk about a bargain. Mahomes quote-tweeted the lovefest, adding: "Julie WAS the reason i was the guy i was on the field today! It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. We have been working on our timing and he tells me what he likes and what he doesn't like. Join our linker program. Mahomes' agreement is worth $503 million, with $477 million in guarantee mechanisms and a no-trade clause. While football and baseball are Patrick Mahomes' first loves, golf has quickly become an obsession. Doug Williams, the first Black quarterback to win a Super Bowl, and Warren Moon, the first Black quarterback to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame, heaped praise on the young star (via The Undefeated), calling him "incredible" and "amazing," respectively. For now, here's the breakdown of the Patrick Mahomes contract that is making the rounds. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Logos were compiled by the amazing SportsLogos.net. Throughout Super Bowl week, Kansas City coaches and players have beamed about rookie runner Isiah Pacheco, who's set to play a pivotal role for the Chiefs on Sunday versus the Philadelphia Eagles. He can extend plays and throw it downfield. ", Although Mahomes had a noticeable limp while dealing with some pain during the AFC Championship, he was his usual electric self, making play after play with his legs. He had thrown for 949 yards in his previous six games and he threw for 63 percent of that total in that one game. We've seen worse. Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes throws a 13-yard completion to wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster. He loves when the lights come on, that's him at his best and he's got some good stuff going for him.". Named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for December of the 2021 season. "He's a competitor and his teammates feed off his energy.". His father, Pat, was a Major League Baseball pitcher for 11 years from 1992 until 2003. Ironically, Mahomes first start came against the Texas Longhorns. "Patrick Mahomes set a Big 12 freshman record with 598 yards passing and threw for six TDs in a 48-46 loss to No. First quarterback in Chiefs history to throw for 300+ yards in eight consecutive games in a single season (2018). Patrick Mahomes calls Travis Kelce "greatest tight end of all time" Posted by Michael David Smithon November 21, 2022, 4:40 AM EST Getty Images Chiefs tight end Travis Kelcecaught three touchdown passesfrom Patrick Mahomesin Kansas City's dramatic win in Los Angeles on Sunday night, and afterward Mahomes had high praise for Kelce. Mahomes and Matthews also share two children. Or write about sports? Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' sideline reaction to Chiefs' game-sealing play in Super Bowl LVII win over the Philadelphia Eagles. "Mahomes wearing her bracelet has made her feel very special, especially on tough days," Wells' mother told Fox 4. His was the second best-selling jersey in 2019 on NFL Shop. There's another star in the Mahomes' family Patrick's younger brother, Jackson Mahomes. Patrick Mahomes' Red Raiders went 13-19. Mahomes was just as surprised as anyone after winning the MVP honor. NFL footage NFL Productions LLC. "My dad has told me I have. A week before securing yet another Super Bowl berth by defeating the Cincinnati Bengals in late January 2023, Mahomes suffered a nasty high ankle sprain during the Chiefs' divisional round win against the Jacksonville Jaguars. "One of the guys for sure.". Mahomes had seven total touchdowns in the game five passing and two rushing and his 85 rushing yards were a single-game career-high in college. They had pulled into the driveway and were exiting the vehicle when a suspect pulled in behind them and blocked them in," Sgt. Copyright 2000-2023 Sports Reference LLC. We have been getting closer and closer every day. Not only does Mahomes actively raise money for the foundation, but he also has a relationship with the family. During a 2019 game against the Denver Broncos, Patrick Mahomes wore a microphone for the NFL's "Mic'd Up" series. First half billion dollar player in sports history. NFL Network's Brian Baldinger's film breakdown of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' best "scramble drill" plays from 2022. Now let's get Super Bowl ready!! The guys discuss their favorite Patrick Mahomes plays from the 2022 NFL Season that helped lead him to his second AP MVP award at the NFL Honors. He is a graduate of Indiana University. Patrick Mahomes learned that lesson the hard way when users discovered the NFL superstar's tweets from 2011 and 2013, where he seemingly defended police brutality and George Zimmerman, the man who fatally shot teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012. Playing against Oklahoma and future Heisman Trophy winner and No. We understand. COLLEGE CAREERS OF NFL STARS2023 NFL Draft QBs: Bryce Young | C.J. Doha Madani is a senior breaking news reporter for NBC News. Pronouns: she/her. It's definite progress over a year ago, when Tech slid to 4-8.". During an Instagram Q&A (via People), Matthews explained of the couple's decision to marry in Maui, "The weather and views are just perfection there! Mahomes was unable to attend the NFL Honors ceremony as he had a prior commitment (you know, just preparing for yet another Super Bowl appearance), but he did have a pre-taped speech prepared. It's a twelve-year deal with a base value of $477.631 million. It all moved very fast for him. Mahomes continues to break records in the NFL. But at the same time, I don't really know what that is," Mahomes told The Kansas City Star. Watch a countdown of the top highlight plays made by Kansas City Chiefs quarterback and AP NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes in the 2022 NFL season. He added seven carries for 10 yards. We present them here for purely educational purposes. Recorded 1,831 passing yards with no interceptions in the first five games of the 2019 season, passing Peyton Manning (1,744 passing yards in 2013) for the most passing yards without an interception to begin a season in NFL history. ", Mahomes previously explained in a 2020 video for Fellowship of Christian Athletesthat his strong relationship with God began as a child while attending church with his parents, and he's maintained this bond as an adult. This opportunity allows me to deepen my roots in this community, which is something I'm excited to do.". 82 player in the state of Texas. Conferences. Threwfive touchdown passes in the 2020 AFC Divisional Round, the most in a single-game in Chiefs postseason history and tied for the fourth-most in NFL history. The Chiefs had to radically alter their offensive philosophy last offseason after trading away Tyreek Hill, with GM Brett Veach overhauling the receiving corps. Patrick Mahomes had 5,250 passing yards last season and 24,241 passing yards over his career. "You've got to act better and be respectful. This injury usually requires weeks of rehab and obviously threatened the Chiefs' chances to make a run at another title. "I'm going to have a half football field so I can get some work in with some guys out there," Mahomes explained, in addition to a basketball court and golf range. Fortunately, the future star NFL QB had offers from Texas Tech, Rice, and Houston. Patrick Mahomes won the 2018 and 2022 NFL MVP award and Super Bowl LIV, making him one of the biggest stars in the sport. Use without license or authorization is expressly prohibited. NFL Media analysts provide predictions for Super Bowl LVII. Paul Myerberg of USA TODAY: "In an era when personalized quarterback development has become commonplace, Mahomes never had a private coach and never attended the quarterback-only camps that have become a ubiquitous part of a recruit's offseason schedule. When former Texas Longhorns coach Mack Brown reached out to Mahomes, it was to play safety. Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski said after the game he wishes the 25-year-old quarterback a quick recovery. Check out Patrick Mahomes's College Stats, School, Draft, Gamelog, Splits and More College Stats at Sports-Reference.com . Will the Eagles' pass rush befuddle Patrick Mahomes? "GMFB" awards Super Bowl Sunday game balls. Which players will steal the spotlight? We'll have to wait and see, but in the meantime, let's huddle up andfind out 22 facts about Patrick Mahomes. How many passing yards does Patrick Mahomes have? His coach, Andy Reid, had nothing but effusive praise for his star. "And I want to make sure I can give back to them in any shape and any way, in order to get them the resources that they need to have an amazing life.". Honestly, like laid-back. Patrick Mahomes wears bracelets for every game, but they aren't just a fashion statement. Enter your information to receive emails about offers, promotions from NCAA.com and our partners. 2023 NCAA | Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. "Man this is crazy! Patrick Mahomes attended Texas Tech, choosing the Red Raiders over offers from Oklahoma State and Rice. Named to the Pro Bowl for the fourth-consecutive year following the 2021 season. It takes everyone but she lead the charge all week!!! Mahomes earned Associated Press NFL MVP honors on Thursday, Mahomes currently leads the NFL in passing yards and touchdowns, Mahomes threw for 1,110 yards and eight touchdowns in the month of December, Mahomes completed 31-of-42 passes for 416 yards and five touchdowns on Sunday, Dave Toub, Eric Bieniemy, Bob Sutton, Al Harris and Mike Kafka all spoke with the media Thursday afternoon, Here's what we learned from Andy Reid on Thursday, The former first-round pick is in his first full offseason with the Chiefs, A roundup of what the Chiefs have been up to on social media, A look at our content on Chiefs.com over the past week, It's a crucial time for development for the young signal-caller, Patrick Mahomes, Eric Berry, Justin Houston and Kareem Hunt met with the media after OTAs on Thursday, Coach Reid met with the media following Organized Team Activities on Thursday, Here's a look at the four quarterbacks participating in the Chiefs' Organized Team Activities (OTAs), Here's a look at the six tight ends participating in the Chiefs' Organized Team Activities (OTAs) this year, Patrick Mahomes, Chad Henne and Matt McGloin learned about battle tactics and decision-making on Wednesday, Here's a look at the 12 receivers participating in the Chiefs' Organized Team Activities (OTAs) this year, It's never too early to begin your fantasy football research. ", Patrick Mahomes: 22 Facts About The Kansas City Chiefs QB, Michael Owens, Tim Nwachukwu/Getty Images, Some opposing fans don't always appreciate that, playing on an offense that was designed to put up gaudy numbers, BFFs with Mahomes' future wife, Brittany Matthews, handed out in excess of $400,000 in charitable grants, Patrick Mahomes 15 and the Mahomies Foundation Aloha Golf Classic. Stroud |Will Levis| Anthony Richardson Here are 10 men's and women's track and field freshmen that have stood out. Potthoff claimed that, as of January 2020, "More than$88,000 has been donated to the foundation." In the mood for someMahomes Magic Crunch? Mahomes even thanked God for helping with an ankle injury that threatened his Super Bowl matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles in February 2023. "GMFB" discusses where does Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes rank among the greatest QBs of all-time following second Super Bowl win. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. "The very first time, I noticed that he was wearing it in a game was when they show before the handoff," Siegel said, "and I got text messages, and then I sent a message to him and said, 'Hey, I didn't realize you wear it,' he goes, 'I never take it off.'". Mahomes' already-impressive stats became record-breaking as a junior, when he had four games with at least 500 passing yards, including a single-game FBS record 734 yards against Oklahoma. But back in 2019, all you had to do was visit the Midwest and go shopping atHy-Vee, a chain of 265 supermarkets. With his start in Super Bowl LV, Mahomes became the youngest quarterback in NFL history (25 years and 143 days old) to start in two Super Bowls, surpassing Seattle's Russell Wilson, who was 26 years and 64 days old at the time of his second Super Bowl start (SB XLIX). Here are Patrick Mahomes' career stats in college. Patrick Mahomes was born on September 17, 1995. Becamethe first player in NFL history to record 300+ pass yards, five+ pass touchdowns and 50+ rushing yards in a playoff game in the AFC Divisional Round against Houston (1/12/20). First 2 men's NCAA tournament automatic qualifiers, Tenn. Tech earns first auto bid into women's NCAA tournament. While it seems obvious now that Mahomes was an NFL quarterback in the making, he didnt get to play quarterback until he was a junior in high school. QB Patrick Mahomes speaks to the media ahead of the Super Bowl matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles. Later replying to a tweet that called Martin's death"an absolute tragedy," Mahomes wrote,"No one knows what actually happens which is why he is not guilty but a crime could have occurred." The video quickly went viral after Mahomes successfully called a play the Broncos defense ran 13 games prior. God is amazing! Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. "The excitement Hy-Vee's Mahomes Magic Crunch cereal has created for Kansas City Chiefs fans is truly unmatched in our company's history," said the supermarket's CEO, Randy Edeker. The theme, while it may include a bit of revisionist history, was clear Wednesday: The Chiefs were out to prove the doubters wrong in 2022. Named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for November.He threw for 1,598 yards and 14 touchdowns with just one interception throughout the month. I always ask God to lead me in the right direction," Mahomes said (via KMBC News). Recorded 91 career touchdowns in 37 career games played, passingPFHOF QB Dan Marino (40 games) as the fastest quarterback in the Super Bowl era to reach 90-career touchdown passes. What sold him was Mahomes returning to the game after suffering a shoulder injury in what was becoming a meaningless game (they weretrailing 45-3 at halftime). And I think that's the same with Coach Reid. Patrick and his fiance, Brittany, started dating in high school and got engaged in September. Big Ten, SEC, . Here are the 10 coaches with the most wins in college baseball history, and counting. With 114 passing touchdowns in his first four NFL seasonshe became just the third quarterback with at least 110 touchdown passes in his first four seasons in NFL history, joining Pro Football Hall of Famers Dan Marino (142) and Kurt Warner (111). He tore through NFL defenses with 5,097 yards and 50 touchdowns en route to winning the NFL's Most Valuable Player award at just 23 years old, with the trophy presented by lifelong Chiefs fan Paul Rudd. Sep 1, 2020 at 8:55 pm ET 2 min read. Not too many players can have a 2020 calendar year like Patrick Mahomes.In the wake of a coronavirus pandemic sweeping the world, Mahomes took the Kansas City Chiefs to their first title in 50 . "His abilities are so rare, and to couple that with an incredible personality is outstanding.". ", Three weeks later in a loss to Oklahoma State, Mahomes was 38-for-55 for 480 yards, four touchdowns and two interception. Legends: Tom Brady |Jackie Robinson| Deion Sanders | Cam Newton Tom Brady is a week into his own retirement, so he has thoughts on whether Aaron Rodgers should join him on the other side.