I have u installed and reinstalled, I have updated my software everything has been redone and still it doesnt show. The right sliding piece of the roll feeder should be on the edge of the right side of the roll of the material. Silhouette School Blog, Silhouette School Inc and MAV Creatives LLC are not associated with Silhouette America. I generally crank up the blade and pressure. For those using the Autoblade watch as the machine does its tap dance at the beginning of the cut, does the red line inside the blade adjust properly and to the correct number? Those are the 5 main tips that I would suggest to anyone starting on the Cameo Pro or if you are having issues with cuts, feeding, etc. The settings below are for the Silhouette Cameo 4 . Make sure the Autoblade is installed properly. There are so many variables when cutting that it's perfectly normal to have to deviate from the defaults. Select the material you are cutting and click the Send button at the bottom of the Send tab to cut the B. Or if you are looking for more in-depth, step-by-step classes, check out all of my online Silhouette classes on my Teachable siteHERE. I just cut my first stickers using silhouette branded white sticker paper and that default was spot on. Bonus Tip #4 If the edge of the vinyl is curled from being rolled, try to flatten it out or advance the vinyl farther in the machine by pressing the down arrow on the right side panel before sending it to cut. Here are also some tips to troubleshooting the Pro most times it is due to how it is setup and we can usually get the user up and cutting with some photos and troubleshooting. . What cut settings you guys using to cut oracle 651 ? Hello, I'm looking to print my own tee shirts for my mime ministry, so I need to find drama and mime faces/hands pictures (silhouettes). AutoBlade 2 - Single Tap Reset Auto Adjust Blade. > Oracal Oramask 813 Stencil Film Cutter Settings Oracal Oramask 813 Stencil Film Cutter Settings. We would love to see what you make! Does the bundle that come with the cameo 3 work for printing on t shirts? Settings: tips for getting the best cuts (spoiler alert: the Deep Point Blade is your new best friend! For instance, on the Cameo 4 models I find I have to increase the blade depth up 1 on almost all materials. After the blade installation other factors that play into a cut are: Blade life? 3.37. Once your image has successfully cut out and you've unloaded the mat from your cutting machine, you will then want to remove the vinyl from the sticky mat. Blade: 2 or 3 (physically check your blade as well to ensure your settings). Does this seem right for the premium blade to only last that long? Like what you see, buy us a coffee on Ko-fi.Your support of Silhouette Secrets+ is greatly appreciated. Yes, I did update software and firmware, and I figured it had to be during an update that something went wrong. ORACAL 651 White Permanent Vinyl - 12" x 15 Feet Roll Glossy. However, it may take a bit of practice to get used to loading a mat this size. I don't own a Cameo, just googled. Copyright Silhouette School 2016. , What are the Holiday's without crafts? This post has a lot of information and is photo heavy. Save this for future reference by pinning the image below. First thing, troubleshoot the autoblade. The locking tab on the front of the blade housing should be pushed all the way in so the hooks grab the blade and hold it in securely. Note: the left roller is stationary and the bar does not lift on the left side.The roller can be moved to any of the gray arrows (circled below) on the Cameo and then rolls from 9-24 can be utilized. Your email address will not be published. Electrical or electronic products may pose a risk of fire . You do need to set the blade manually but a small price to pay to avoid wastin SO much vinyl. When using any cutting mat that is smaller than 24, the load line is the line on the right side. Or the second way to do a test cut is use a shape or object. As a beginner I do feel you will go through blades and cutting mats faster than an experienced user. Note: if doing a print and cut project, you do not want the test cut to cut from the top left of the printed page or it can interfere with the reading of the registration marks. Some people get it confused with the regular vinyl we use for t-shirts. You are now ready to load into your machine. Press J to jump to the feed. The Silhouette Design Store has Thousands of cut files to choose from and our choice for this project was the Coffee Mug Pulse cut file (Silhouette ID #150281). There is no magic one size fits all cut setting. Because some things are just too good not to share! Note: if doing a print and cut project, you do not want the test cut to cut from the top left of the printed page or it can interfere with the reading of the registration marks. Some say it is not a holiday at all! Serape Mexican Blanket Permanent Vinyl Oracal 651 Serape Pattern HTV Cricut Silhouette Cameo works w all craft cutters - FREE SHIPPING 20+. Verify that the Tool is set to Autoblade (CAMEO 3 or Portrait 2 only) or the Ratchet Blade (CAMEO 1, 2, Portrait). If one of the first 2 things is the cause of the problems, no matter what else you change, you will continue to have an issue until those are corrected. Yes, each machine can vary because they are different. Cricut: Blade - standard, Setting - Iron on ; Silhoutte Cameo: Blade-1, Speed-3, Force-6, Passes-2, Material - Smooth. 1 Year Warranty. Note: See ourtutorial on the deep cut bladefor more helpful information on test cuts with Curio. check your settings in the Designer software. In the Send panel select your material and take note of the default cut settings If you are cutting Vinyl or HTV change the Blade Depth to2 Remove the Autoblade from the machine and use your finger to manually tap/click the cap so the red line starts moving. Title says it all 3 12 comments BKGPrints 4 yr. ago Setting 1 on the blade itself. Test cuts are going to be your BEST FRIEND! If it does not, hit the unload button and try again. Silhouette Cameo; Silhouette Cameo Plus; Brother ScanNCut; View All; Sublimation Printers . We get several hundred comments a day. The purpose of a test cut is to check whether the settings you have chosen for a specific material are appropriate. When cutting from a roll of material, you will adjust the roll feeder to fit the material as needed. The load line stays the same for all widths of material that is cut without a mat. Whether you are a new user or an experienced user, it is a new machine. They are open M-F 9 am 4 pm MT. Heat Transfer Warehouse Referral Program linkhttps://heattransfer.ositracker.com/159730/11767The Vinyl Stand Affiliate linkhttps://thevinylstand.com?sca_ref=374825.SQXqmSxOwTVexels Referral link https://www.vexels.com/?ref=allanwadeShop A-Dubb Productions Channel Merchandise Storehttps://allanawade.com/For Contributions send to:Paypal weloveuadubb@yahoo.comCash app $adubbproductionsVenmo @kingallanalexanderwadeFor collaborations and business inquiries, please email me: adubbproductions@gmail.com****************************************************************************************Visit my AMAZON INFLUENCER PAGE where all the gear I talk about and use lives.https://www.amazon.com/shop/allanwadeStart investing in ACORNS today using the link below. This is probably the funnest part. Make sure this sensor is clear of debris or it may not work properly. Bestseller No. Note: bulk rolls of vinyl may have issues with feeding properly. Oracal 651. It will be easier to manage and extend the life on the 24 cutting mat as well. Durability: 6+ Years Outdoors. For the larger rolls adjust as needed, following the same steps. For me, anything higher or lower usually cuts too deep or to shallow. This cuts well for me and my machine. If not, adjust the settings, move the B and send it to cut again. The right roller should always roll across the edge of the cutting mat and not across the adhesive part of the cutting mat. Cameo 4 Plus Cut Settings for Heat Transfer Vinyl - YouTube 0:00 / 6:00 Intro Cameo 4 Plus Cut Settings for Heat Transfer Vinyl A&N Custom Prints 1.03K subscribers Subscribe. _How to Use Silhouette Studio (Beginners), _Using Silhouette Studio for Roland Cut Lines, _Other Compatible Software Tutorials (AI, Corel, Affinity), different types of vinyl for Silhouette CAMEO, The Ultimate Silhouette Guide, Second Edition for V4, Silhouette CAMEO 3: Press "Load" from the control panel on the front of the machine, Silhouette CAMEO 1: Press the up arrow button on the front of the machine, Portrait: Press the top button indicating the gridded mat. Both sides of the vinyl should be held securely under the rollers or it can slip out during the cut. Sometimes its a get what you pay for situation. How old is the blade? Beginners to seasoned users, please share. Move the guides along as you move the right roller and position them evenly across the material being cut. (For example, the default vellum settings were way off for me.) It is a lot of weight to pull against a bulk roll of vinyl. Do not perform a test cut in the same place as before. Brand new knife, cap is tight, no debris, with & without mat - same result. It is okay to change the force a few times, as all machines vary slightly due to many variables effecting calibration. It is quite possible yes. Make sure that the material loads straight. . Thanks for leaving a comment! Well, the first reason is Not all materials are created the same.You may have variances in products even within the same brand, colors, style, etc. You are now going to weed away the excess vinyl that you do not need. The full length of the cutting mat has to be fully supported on the front and the backside. Blade: Standard, 3; Cut Speed: 1; Cut Pressure: 2; Cricut Cutter Settings. Another indicator is that the design is cutting over top of itself and not cutting correctly. While holding the mat up to the rollers select the load option. If it does not, we can start troubleshooting it with a photo of the blade installed with the cutting mat or vinyl loaded if you post on the Silhouette Secrets+ Facebook group or check out this video by Silhouette America on Cutting Machine Maintenance and how to Reset the Motor at 4:38 in the video. The right roller will be moved to the far right gray arrow and the roller bar lever locked back in place. Again, there is no perfect answer to this! The material should be smooth and not bubbled in the middle. 15" ORACAL 651 Intermediate Calendered Vinyl. Whilst force can be altered , we have the settings recommended below to extend your blade's lifespan and excessive pressure can dull or chip your blade. Otherwise you might have to convert the file to a new file type. For a small roll the slides need to be moved out. Email the file to your friend. It can affect not only the cut quality but also the lifespan of the machines rollers as well. There is also a new pop up that will show up in some versions of the Silhouette software when you go to Send a cut, as a reminder. 4 Things to Remember About Your Silhouette Cameo 4This installation video applies to all Cameo 4 models and the Portrait 3. I know it may be unknown, but Im just trying to get a general idea of what could be wrong. Cutting Mats; Cutting Tools & Accessories; Heat Press Accessories; Rulers; . I have MAYBE cut 5 stencils and it is no longer cutting through. With any machine, you will want to test the settings and see what might work best for the design, the material, and the blade. All contents of Silhouette School blog is protected under copyright. We're using Tool One, and we're going to use Vinyl Glossy because the vinyl for car decals is usually the glossy. But the more detailed you can be in your issue and provide photo proof, it can help you get results faster. As infuriating as the Cricut was the material settings were usually spot on. Adjustable Roll Feeder - Hold Rolls up to 24" Wide. 0% Financing & Free Shipping Available . We like to use our Siser Weeding Tools, they have a nice sharp point and have a rubber grip handle which makes weeding a breeze and it wont cramp your hand up. Please post on the Facebook group with a detailed explanation of tye issue and then provide the following photos. Re-sticking mat can cause all kinds of cutting issues. It is not advised. Keep tapping until the red line lines up with the recommended Blade Depth in Studio There is nothing like sending the full cut through only to find out that it did not cut right. Now, here is probably the biggest thing you will need to keep in mind when using a 24 cutting mat. Once the roller bar is released, the right side of the roller bar will raise and you can slide the right roller along the bar to the correct position. Spread the guides out evenly between the 2 rollers. 651 vinyl is best for any outdoor project such as car decals, mail boxes, windows, etc. I was pretty floored how easy it all went. Up to 3x Cutting Speed vs. Cameo 3. . THANK YOUfor your support! Or for Oramask 813, I use a bit different setting. Before we cut our vinyl out, we need to first select our cut file. When it comes to cutting our Oracal 651 Adhesive Vinyl, Silhouette will have some pre-set settings, but that is for their product and does not work well with ours, so we have already done the work for you, just check out our cut settings chart, for further information on cutting and test cuts. We are using our Clear Blue-Grid Transfer Tape for this project, but we have several other Transfer Tapes to choose from. I have also made this available as a downloadable, printable PDF document available on my Teachable site HERE. Once you are all set up on the machine and ready to load the cutting mat, press the load button and then hold the mat up to the rollers as straight and level as you can. So glad to hear they are working nice for you now! Bonus Tip #3 Reload the vinyl or the cutting mat until it is loaded straight. As I said above, if the user is willing to troubleshoot we can usually get them up and cutting with it. If youd like to troubleshoot, we will need some information to start. Tell them exactly what its doing and show them photos of the Send tab, the error message, and the machine icon list where it shows as a Cameo 4 not a Pro. Blade: 1 Speed: 8 Force: 9 . Will my settings work for you, there is no guarantee? Start by cutting out a small design versus sending a large design. This will save you both time and headache. To load the mat, line up the left hand side of the mat with the grey arrows/line. Join us for more inspiration onFacebook,InstagramorTiktokor send us an email to sales@gmcrafts.co.uk we would love to hear from you! Paper dulls a blade at a different rate than vinyl.This is one reason that fabric people & people who sew have separate scissors for cutting fabric vs paper scissors.Also keep in mind that thicker, denser materials are going to dull a blade faster than thin materials. 26 Sheets of Oracal 651 Glossy Vinyl - 12" x 12" Each. This will save you both time and headache. Then adjust the slides on both sides depending on the size of the material roll. To move the housing, you will need to move it both over to the right and down. All copyright, trademark, impersonation and intellectual property violations will be subject to legal action. (TIP: Before applying adhesive vinyl, clean the surface of your mug with soapy water and or rubbing alcohol). To move the housing, you will need to move it both over to the right and down. Out of the box mine had a loose cap, just a little but all the difference. Check out those skills you have! It is just not possible with the weight of the mat. Those first cuts and getting the machine set up properly are the most important steps you can start with. The machine will still think it is loaded, press the unload button and try again. Here is some information on the specifics on the Pro. DTG IMAGE ARMOR For DARKS You have 6 seconds to hold the mat/material up to the rollers and it will pull it in.If it does not load straight or you do not feel it loaded securely.Press the unload button and load it again for best results. The biggest of these factors is whether the blade is installed properly and adjusting correctly.This is still the #1 cutting error issue and it affects ALL Silhouette machines. I would expect that the setting would be pretty close but I had to go from blade depth 1 (default) to 3 in order to get it to kiss cut. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. If you are using a cutting mat, remember that the full length of the cutting mat needs to be supported on both the front and the backside in order for the machine to work properly and cut. Since I was cutting Oramask quite a bit, I created my own custom setting by clicking on the More button and adding in a new User Defined Setting. When it comes to cutting our Oracal 651 Adhesive Vinyl, Silhouette will have some pre-set settings, but that is for their product and does not work well with ours, so we have already done the work for you, just check out our cut settings chart, for further information on cutting and test cuts. Cutting with a 3rd party mat? How do you know what will work? Now repeat it to yourself! I have a dang subscription and still cant get someone on the phone, they have no phone support. Change). Now that you have all the excess pieces weeded away, you are going to apply your transfer tape. Oracal 651; Oracal 631; View All; Glitter Vinyl . I use my cameo 3 to cut 6mil mylar for stencils that are 4x4 using the Premium blade. Now that we're ready, we're going to go over to click Send, and make sure it's on Cut. I use a capital B that I type out and then I will place it on my virtual mat where my design is not located at. The roller bar is locked when the lever points up, release the right side of the roller bar by turning it to the front as the arrow shows on the machine. In this video I show you in detail how to use Oracal 651 Vinyl to make a decal that can be applied to car windows, the body of a car, business establishments windows, or even walls inside of your home or business. Make sure that your mat is turned on since we are using a mat with this cut. MYTYUS. The housing will perform the test cut in the exact location it is placed. I troubleshoot hundreds if hours a week on machines and most times it is due to something that needs adjusted. While there are NO one size fits all cut settings, the more you cut, you will get familiar with what you are working with. Settings below are made with the Auto blade and may vary if the blade is well used, chipped or if a new or different blade, eg ratchet is used so please test cut if in doubt before wasting any product. The position of the blade will become the upper left corner of the test cut square. A photo of the left side? It is not recommended to use 3rd party mats for many reasons. Please see how to test cut at the bottom of the page, full instructions provided below. However, if you are using a material that is less than 24 wide, you will line up the material 1/2 to the right of the grid edge, this is where the adhesive starts. We would love to see what you are creating!Share on the Silhouette Secrets+ Facebook Group. You can right click on the images to save them to your computer or you can click the Pinterest button in the middle to save them for later. This is the cutting mechanism on the backside of the machine. The Autoload feature works by pressing the Load button which will start flashing. Am I missing something with the Cut Style maybe? Our Cameo 4 bundles include Oracal 651 vinyl, Siser Easyweed, Classes, How To Guides, Silhouette Software, Tools. start at #1 and work your way down.But there is more! I am also making this available as a downloadable, printable PDF document on my Teachable account which can be accessed HERE. This is where the Autoload feature comes in handy to make it easier to just focus on loading the mat and not pressing the button at the same time. Any nicks, dings, holes, slices in it can affect the cut. Speed is set as below, to reduce ripping and tearing and ideally should not be altered either. The default test cut option is in the upper left corner of either the mat or the material loaded. Withstands the elements: -40F - +176F once applied. A photo of the full front of the machine standing back a away? (LogOut/ If it is only moved over to the right, it will cut the top of the cutting mat. 5 Steps to Setting Up and Troubleshooting the CameoPro. Please Test cut as described in the following information when using a new product. The Silhouette Studio software does have a list of preset settings. I took my premium blade out of my cameo one and have not have a problem sinceso my suggestion would be to see if you can get a premium blade. This cuts well for me and my machine. I'm cutting Oracal 651 with default Silhouette Oracal 651 settings with auto knife and it's not even close to doing a proper kiss cut. I use 5. it's long but no trouble ItsMoePhotography 2 yr. ago What you will see is many suggested settings.Even in the Silhouette software, there are preset settings.These are just a starting point. I am using Silhouette brand vinyl and transfer paper. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. If the force is at the maximum of 33 and you need to increase it more, take the blade depth up to the next one but decrease the force back to 2 or 3 and start at a lower force. All of these are factors that can affect the cut quality. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. This can increase the lifespan of the blades and get you better cuts. Silhouette School Inc is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you are willing to do a little experimenting, you can really dial in great cut settings for materials that may not cut perfectly for you on the default settings. The auto knife is clicking to proper number (1 was default). Silhouette Black Cameo 4 - 12" Wide with Bluetooth. There is a rectangle directly in the middle of the right roller and this should be lined up with the gray arrow on the machine for best results. Thanks! I feel like there should be support help when you spend $500 on their machine. The down arrow will not only move the housing down, but advances the materials through the machine. This class can help eliminate some of the anxiety you may feel about getting started. Welcome to the step by step blog on how to apply adhesive vinyl. Learn how your comment data is processed. And if you are using the automatic feed option on the Cameo Pro, there is no sending it back through to cut again since you have already fed the material out the back to the cross-cutter.Yes, speaking from experience!Even I do it because I think it will all work out.And I kick myself when it doesnt turn out.It isnt the Silhouette machines fault I didnt use the test cut option.