What do your Premier League club still need to do in the transfer window? Marco Silva has said the blame for Fulhams delays in the transfer market cannot solely be laid at the door of financial fair play restrictions as the clubs search for Fulham boss Marco Silva spent just under two years out of the game following his dismissal from Everton, but he is proving his worth at Craven Cottage, writes Ben Grounds; watch Fulham vs Everton live on Sky Sports Main Event on Saturday; kick-off 5.30pm. Ask the GP: Could taking statins affect your dreams? I think in all of them we had an impact straightaway, developed players, played football, had very good progress.. Luis Boa Morte played here, worked here, knows the club and appreciates what the Fulham badge means to the supporters. He went on to open the scoring with a spectacular long-range effort 20 minutes in during Tuesday night's 2-0 Former Watford and Everton boss Marco Silva has been out of work since leaving Goodison Park in December 2019.. Silvas managerial career in England began promisingly, his Hull City side improved their output since his appointment in But its not a question for the moment: we want to go up, itll be tough and all our focus is on this competition.. Fulham head coach Marco Silva says he has not set his side points targets during the Premier League season but is 'optimistic' about the future, Fulham have won last their last two Premier League games - their first successive wins since a run of three wins in April 2019, With 18 points, Fulham are 10 points better off than after 12 games in their previous Premier League season in 2020/21, Eighteen points is Fulham's joint-most points after 12 games of any Premier League season also 18 points from first 12 games in 2003/04, Fulham recorded their fifth Premier League win this season last Sunday they only had five wins in the whole of the 2020/21 relegation season. VIDEO Kim Hellberg: His tactics and philosophy | IFK Varnamo | 2023 | Tactical Analysis, VIDEO Will Still: His tactics and philosophy at just 30 years old! "I want to thank the owner, Mr (Shahid) Khan, Tony Khan and the entire football structure of Fulham Football Club, for the trust shown in us. This is because Fulham use what can be labelled as space-oriented man-marking, or zonal man-marking. Fulham boss Marco Silva has backed his squad to replace suspended Palhinha. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Joao Palhinha has provided this Fulham side with international class as a defensive linchpin. That is rare and it says a lot about what an excellent manager he was. Fulham sit in seventh place following their best start to a top-flight campaign since 2003. Generally, the two centre-backs sit well inside the oppositions half and operate almost as two deep-lying playmakers in possession. Thats a plus for all of us., In an interview with the Guardian in May Silva said: I want to be ready for the next challenge. Once a crossing opportunity arises, there is just one instruction from the manager: Get that bloody ball to Mitrovic! To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Marco Silva on Fulhams stunning FA Cup goals. Silva signed a three-year deal to become Everton boss in May 2018 and guided the Toffees to an eighth-placed finish in his one full season before being sacked in December 2019. The former Hull, Watford and Everton boss signed a three-year contract with Fulham on July 1, taking over after Scott Parker had departed Craven Cottage to become Bournemouth manager. Marco Silva called on his Fulham players to take greater responsibility for scoring goals after they ended a three-match scoreless run by beating Nottingham Forest It will be a different profile for the player who is going to play in that position but for sure he is going to perform and it will be a good opportunity for him to show his quality at the top level.. Marco Silva is successor to Scott Parker who left Fulham to take over at Bournemouth; Silva on joining Fulham's project: "To be honest, it was an easy decision. The rollercoaster and the highs and lows [are] not something you want, he said. In this instance, Cardiff City regained hold of the ball and were looking to transition quickly. For instance, Silva wants his fullbacks to perform the exact same function but at different times to each other. View our online Press Pack. The former Hull City and Watford manager has been out of work since leaving Everton in December 2019, and will be assisted by Lus Boa Morte, who made 250 But all the other situations, of course its taking more time than I would like. That whole situation could have been handled better by Marco and by the owners and results tailed off because of it. In the end, it's always like that.". Beautiful football doesnt always come from elegant build-up play or sumptuous through passes into space. "Espero que fique no Fulham por Ultimately, Fulham create overloads in the wide areas as they look to create space to cross the ball. podcast. After just under two years out of the game following his dismissal from Everton, Marco Silva is back and he means business. following a 5-2 defeat by city rivals Liverpool. Share. February 11 2023, 6:43 pm "First from Alistair (Mackintosh, chief executive officer) and after from Tony (Khan, vice-chairman) and Mr Khan (Shahid Khan, owner) was very important for us, they welcomed us really well, they showed the project, they showed trust in ourselves. The Fulham job will be Marco Silvas first since being dismissed by Everton in December 2019. including a 1-0 away win against Liverpool in March, Former Everton manager replaces Scott Parker, Portuguese manager agrees three-year deal. The same cannot be said of Silva's time alongside Brands and Moshiri, in spite of their best intentions. Scotts departure does nothing to shake my confidence, however. This article will be a tactical analysis of the Londoners under Marco Silva. It was always going to be tough to replace Erik ten Hag after the Dutchman headed west to take over [], Episode 16 of our FIFA World Cup 2022 Podcast Series is now live. I would like to strengthen the squad, we have made the two signings and we are looking to do more. When asked for his views on Fulham's previous struggles at acclimatising back in the Premier League, Lampard said: "They're in good form so I don't think the issue for them in the past has necessarily been the level of player. Im sure Goncalo is playing a huge part in their success. Fulham boss Marco Silva believes players expressing emotion is important, despite Joao Palhinha facing a suspension for celebrating a goal. I think he has learned and matured since his Watford days in that respect, though. "Everyone in football wants time, but time is results. The 27-year-old has landed a two-match ban for picking up 10 yellow cards, including one for taking his shirt off in a goal celebration. Only Kevin De Bruyne, Bruno Fernandes and Mohamed Salah have created more chances than Andreas Pereira's 27. These deals include small initial outlays, such as the deal for Bernd Leno from Arsenal which is made up of an initial 3million but could potentially rise to 8 million if conditions are met. The Cottagers even boast the lowest expected goals against in the league with 42.47 over the course of the campaign. Marco Silva Fulham Manager Profile, Record & Stats | Premier The Fulham chairman, Shahid Khan, explained why Silva emerged as the standout candidate. The Israeli Marco Silva insists Fulham have really high ambitions in the FA Cup. Nevertheless, in true juego de posicion embodiment, this does not always have to be the case. I said from the first day of this competition that we aim really high and our ambition is really high in this competition, he said. Further up the pitch, the wingers are then hugging the touchline to stretch the team once more, creating gaps. The former Hull City and Watford manager has been out of work since leaving Everton in December 2019, and will be assisted by Lus Boa Morte, who made 250 appearances for Fulham as a player in a six-and-a-half-year spell. Chairman Shahid Khan said: "My commitment to Fulham Football Club is resolute and I therefore take to heart my obligation to provide our supporters with the very best possible, on the pitch and away from the game. Fulham have signed seven new players this summer, for an outlay thought to be worth more than 56million. Kady jeden taki balon oznacza jednego chorego chopca. Fulham boss Marco Silva believes players expressing emotion is important, despite Joao Palhinha facing a suspension for celebrating a goal. Fulhams approach is no different. Perhaps Marco Silva was masking his true feelings. Hotel Bielany Wrocawskie Klecinska 3 55-040, Wszystkie informacje dot. And I am not saying this because he was good news for my own career if anything the opposite was true. We are playing just with Mitro (Mitrovic), and Mitro is doing an amazing job scoring goals. 13. "We've already had four weeks and only two new players," he told Portuguese publication Record. Fulham have confirmed the appointment of Marco Silva as their new head coach. The defender was originally marking Fulhams winger Neeskens Kebano but was forced to challenge Mitrovic, leaving Kebano to run in behind and latch onto a flick-on. The play developed further, and the Liverpool-bound attacking midfielder Fabio Carvalho eventually finished the move off. Fulham head coach Marco Silva says his side remains grounded after a deserved win against Leeds United, The Cottagers are riding high in seventh place. 2. The fullbacks have to act like a steering wheel if Dumfries goes forward, Malacia stays back. And we will field a squad that will respond, compete and win. The 43-year-old Portuguese has signed a three-year contract and succeeds Scott Parker, who left on Monday, Silva moved to Watford - who finished one place and six points above Hull - that summer but, He was subsequently appointed by the Toffees and guided them to an eighth-placed finish in the Premier League in his first season but was. On the yellow card for taking off his shirt in celebration, Silva said: The emotion of the players is really important, the Fulham boss said. The Cottagers make the short trip to the Gtech In fact, they are the antithesis of uninspiring, scoring 99 goals so far. Fulham have appointed former Everton and Watford boss Marco All the same, Silva can call upon eight players who went down with Fulham in 2018-19 and took them back up the following year. Im excited to get started and my message for our fans ahead of this big challenge is we will all be working very hard together to be successful so they can feel proud at the end of the season.. "I loved his energy and optimism, and I'm confident Marco Silva is the right choice to lead Fulham Football Club as our new head coach. Silva wants to distance himself from any suggestion he is a fly-by-night. But that sort of honesty is rare and I respected it. "Again they would have to be players to come and really strengthen our squad and to get us stronger, just signing for signing we are not doing it this way. Man Utd revive interest in Barcelona star De Jong, Hits & misses: Problems still to solve for Potter; Newcastle must find goals, Rice: Brighton played us off the pitch, it was demoralising, Hamilton: Mercedes 'made step forward' despite 'average' car, Wilson has joined Fulham after spending last season on loan at Cardiff in the Championship. Mitrovics movement in the box is stunning, educational, and downright impressive. Szerzenie wiadomoci na temat tej choroby wrd szerszego grona odbiorcw pomoe unikn opnie w diagnozowaniu, lepszego zrozumienia problemw zwizanych z choroba, poprawy opieki medycznej i oglnego wsparcia dla nas wszystkich chorych i ich rodzin. In his case, Fulham have adapted their way of playing this term to accompany the change in personnel. RT.ie is the website of Raidi Teilifs ireann, Ireland's National Public Service Media. Silva has splashed the glass with some Spanish sparkle, a dash of poised Portuguese pragmatism and some bog-standard British belligerence, all blended into one stunning cocktail primed and ready for Premier League football. Silva has already made two signings since taking the reins, bringing in midfielder Harry Wilson from Liverpool and former Tottenham goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga, but the new manager said his dealings in the transfer window are not over. As club captain, youre involved in internal clubdiscipline setting down rules and issuing fines for lateness and the like. Transfer Centre: Pogba, Bellerin, White latest LIVE! This is because of the philosophys insistence on ball retention and patient passing style. Players who come in they have to really help us to be a better squad.". Nevertheless, putting such an emphasis on ball circulation and retention can be rather underwhelming and tedious to watch at times. A noticeable element of their tactics in the build-up phase is that the players positioning is very wide. Marco Silva is expecting his Fulham side to play out a proper derby when they face rivals Brentford in the Premier League on Monday night. Fulham boss Marco Silva believes players expressing emotion is important, despite Joao Palhinha facing a suspension for celebrating a goal. The ball was lofted up to Mitrovic who peeled in front of Prestons right centre-back. Marco Silva believes his Fulham side will come up against a Brentford team in 'good form' on Monday night. Follow Peter on Twitter @peterrutzler. Silva arrived at Fulham. To combat this, Fulhams wingers drop back almost as auxiliary wingbacks and forge a temporary back six in the low block phase. But, as Silva pointed out, the core of the side that fell short last time has left through the back door. And just imagine how complimentary I would be about him if he had actually selected me to start very often! Dominating games while scoring goals like theyre going out of fashion. Host Adam Scully is joined by Bryant [], You can see how this popup was set up in our step-by-step guide: https://wppopupmaker.com/guides/auto-opening-announcement-popups/, All Content 2023 Total Football Analysis Magazine. And if you were a 17-year-old kid or a seasoned veteran, he would treat you exactly the same. Ex-Chelsea ace Costa carried off with serious-looking injury for Wolves vs Spurs, Cherries take shock lead at Arsenal after 9 SECONDS with 'kick-off glitch', Moment Aston Villa's Leon Bailey inhales 'laughing gas' after all night party, 'Professional boxer' Paul teases announcement with hilarious video after Fury loss, News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Marco Silva: New Fulham boss admits he was close to taking another job before approach from Championship club, Marco Silva replaced Scott Parker as Fulham manager this summer, Man Utd takeover: Sheikh Jassim and Ratcliffe bids through to next stage, Papers: Man City to step up chase for RB Leipzig's Gvardiol, Merse: If Arsenal win next three, they win title | Arteta: Our most-emotional moment, Salah: Beating Fowler's Liverpool PL goal record will be 'really special', Verstappen takes opening F1 2023 pole as Red Bull oust Ferrari, Alonso, Arsenal's young gems pass their toughest resilience test yet, Transfer Centre LIVE!