It can be avoided by adopting a slower pace and then it's an outstanding smoke. The smokiness is just right for me: I found nightcap too overpowering. Not a good first choice if one is in transition from aromatics, unless you really believe in the old sink-or-swim school. Simply the best! It's boldly earthy, woody, floral, herbal, vegetative, nutty, toasty, with a light brown sugar sweetness as well as a hint of cocoa, a lot of spice, and notable sourness without the sludge taste of a strong tobacco. I don't know if he meant to discourage me on the habit, if it was a prank, of if he just figured he'd let me try it. More smokey and woodsy than you might expect, really strong. It gave me no tongue bite and I smoked it slowly to make sure it didn't turn bitter as some burley based tobby's are want to do. After I smoked all of the sample, I bought another 8 oz, perfect with an apple meer of great reliability. It has nothing to do with the actual smoking of the blends although with the additional surface area, I do find these blends to burn quicker. The first observation is that this is a strong tobacco. I have not smoked my entire 2 oz's of this, but liked it right from the start, and I still do. It awakens the senses, calms the mind, and coats the mouth. The bag aroma reminds me of Brown Irish Twist, but it tastes like Irish Flake as someone already noted. There is a flavor in it I can't quite identify, and it is a heavy fruit with just a whiff of Lakeland sauce every now and then. Kentucky Select Pipe Tobacco - 5lb Bag. . These babies are not for those of unsteady pins. Rating Scores - 10 is the Best and 0 is the Worst; Comment = Very Smooth, Medium Strength, Nice Full Body Natural Tobacco Flavor, White Ash Burn. We have been raising dark fired tobacco on our farm for over six generations! Lovely smokey smell.big hitter on the nicotine. . I took a star away due to the shag cut, as I think this would be a 4 star if the cut were ribbon. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303374-d1534420-Reviews-Mercado_Central_de_Belo_Horizonte-Belo_Horizonte_State_of_Minas_Gerais.html. The nic hit is pretty heavy so use a small bowl. Burns clean, pure and no threat, hint or thought of a burn. The Moscow mule is a well-loved classic and this Kentucky twist is a great choice for all the bourbon lovers out there. Got some Dark Birds Eye this time too, I seem to like that a bit better than the KK. Tin Tobacco; Twist Tobaccos; Vintage and Consignment Tobaccos; Uncategorized; Featured Products. The flavor is unique at least to for me right now but I really like it. |Privacy Burns well, and if you don't tug too hard, is lightly spicy on the tongue and through the nose. Kentucky Select (Gold) 5lb Bag Pipe Tobacco. Shop now and experience the difference! I strongly recommend that you give this one a try - you won't be disappointed. The fact that it manages to be all that it is while still consisting of a single tobacco is a testament to the artistry with which it was produced. The Kentucky tobacco is one of the first American tobaccos that was introduced in Italy. Taste-wise this is a typical old-fashioned Kentucky tobacco. Will put balls on even a mango! 2. The cut is not so thin as 5 Bros or something like Drum. Also, it is good with a sweet drink to keep the tastebuds in balance. I cleaned my pipes and tried again, and it was almost worse. Many thanks, Dustin. KK is not for the light at heart. Pipe Manufacturer & Retailer Spotlight | |Join Smoking Kendall KY, for the first time, is like going to the senior prom with the bouffanted barmaid from the local taproom and she's driving her '72 Eldorado with the leopard skin seat covers. Sipping is required and pushing it will result in a bitter pipe. This really isn't the type of tobacco I normally like so I'm not too suprised that I don't. At least it did me . Kentucky Select Silver Pipe Tobacco 5 Lb. It was still in it's zip-lock shipper. I know that sounds awful in a tobacco but I mean in it in the best possible sense. Took more out and let it dry about 15 minutes, much better. Not here. The recipients of the money have two years to complete . I cant recommend this enough if you are looking for a straightforward, full flavour, full strength tobacco that you can just load into a pipe and light up. Just pure tobacco that asserts its presence and keeps a smile on your face. I have smoked a rope or two meant for chewing myself. I jokingly say that I was raised in the Church of Ellie Ott. I realize that might not be everyone's idea of fetching, but it works for me. American Snuff. Looking threw my cellar for something for xmas morning I discovered a 6 yr old gallon jar of this blend pop the lid and was greeted with a nice moist & sweet burley smell very unique, knowing shag cut I grabbed a fair amount for a couple of bowls , let it air dry on my tobacco bowl(paper plate) for 30 Min. Puff slowly, pack loosely and use a conservative bowl size and you will be well rewarded. (Knowing him pretty well, I think he just let me try it, and let me and the 'baccy figure it out. Heat from burning hardwood slabs and sawdust inside. So, I guess the jury's still out on this one for me, two too divided experiences. At first it was imported from the United States to manufacture the Toscano cigar and then, in Italy began the cultivation of it, in 1850. This tobacco is great by itself, and also great as a mixer for your virginias when you want a little smokey tang added to them. Not an all day smoke, but you can always have a bowl later on in the day or night. Works great as a blending tobacco as well. This Tobacco is like Espresso in a full size coffee mug! It is tasty, strong and has a rich sweetness to it. In 1965, 42 percent of Americans smoked cigarettes. Kentucky Health Department Works with Insurers and Pharmacists to Offer People Medications and Counseling to Quit Using Tobacco Products Bobbye Gray from the Kentucky Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Program is a registered nurse and a trained expert in helping people quit using tobacco products. Already on first few puffs I got greeted by a decent smokiness, that intensified a bit more as I progressed. It manages to be all of these things without being harsh or biting. The process is very much the same as the way latakia is cured. Pipe News |, |About Great for fall decor, wedding decor, farmhouse decor, etc. Maybe during the time the cut has been changed a bit, my sample is a thin ribbon not a shag. In reality it is a 'twist' of tobacco and whilst it claims to be a chewing tobacco it is also very smokable. No drying, rubbing out..just untangle, stuff, light, and enjoy. There are light, dark, and medium brown tobaccos in the shag. I find its a great "After a big meal" or last smoke of the night blend.. Consistent flavor and burn from top to bottom. Bob Click to expand. Kendal #7 is very similar to this, though in that blend you can taste a little fruitiness from the Virginia which this is lacking. Surprisingly finicky to keep lit for a shag but this may be due to the high humidity this late August. Makes me feel like I've done somwthing right. Dr. Scott's review nailed it. 1-24-10 Mixed in 30% or so of Nicotiana Rustica. It has an oak and hay-like taste for me and is not sweet like other blends of this type. I do think I would like it better blended with some milder, sweeter Virginia. 6 Pack of Oliver Twist Smokeless Tobacco Chewing Bits Oliver Twist Smokeless Tobacco Chewing Bits The small, discreet mini-rolls are about 1 x . I wouldn't say it's a particularly heavy topping, but it's very obviously there. Pack - All Pipe. The old timers here in Tennessee and Kentucky chewed this tobacco. ), Simon my Dear friend, so happy you enjoyed it! Who needs Virginia? The flavor of these is decidedly dark and strong. Colonists in North America developed tobacco as a cash crop, and over time, settlers who moved west to Kentucky found the plant thrived in the state's soil and climate. This is similiar to Gawith's "Dark Birdseye" which is more smoky, intense and stronger than Kendal Kentucky. I was careful not to pack it too tight initially but found it smoked better firmly packed. |Home Neither Kendal Kentucky nor Rustica are elegant tobaccos. Strength: Room Note: Taste: Your Price Very similar to Kendal Dark so if you're interested in this you may also wish to read reviews of the other. I just finished a two-month stint of smoking a quantity of Dark Birdseye, Kendal Dark, and Kendal Kentucky in rotation at various moisture levels, times-of-day, etc. I would characterize it as very fine long ribbon. This is now my all day smoke. @saltedplug I believe the local paper was called the 'Uranus Examiner'. Once you've had a few puffs though you're left with a dry mouth that tastes something like an ashtray. It is delicious, but I don't like shags. Harmonious smoking qualities with characteristics of slight smokiness (from it's curing method), mild nutty and cigar-like overtones, enough natural sweetness to just round out flavor and aroma. Full flavor burley tobacco of a flue cured nature. of STC Holdings LLC. If this were a movie it would clearly be NC17. Burns well and rarely requires a relight. The flavour is definitely full - Ive a serious cold at the moment, cant taste anything - except this tobacco which has the worst the cold bugs can do beat. KK doesn't change much at all during the smoke. Dont smoke on an empty stomach. Ahh, twist tobacco smells and tastes like home to me. Kendal Kentucky has a lot of positive attributes, and very few negatives. Bowling Green, KY, Scott Tobacco Co. Color Post Card. Some floral, some herbal and spicy. If you like Cornell & Diehl's Old Joe Krantz, you're likely going to like Kendal Kentucky. This tobacco is the best of both worlds. I've put this in my regular rotation for evenings when I don't have time for a full bowl of a dark Kendal flake such as 1792. It is tangy, very nutty, and a little spicy. This is a serious experience, not to be taken lightly and not to be forgotten. Puts hairs on your chest. I just haven't been able to deal with it since. It is expensive for a cheap guy, but I do find I am very fond of it. The color is a uniform dark brown, and the pouch note is smokey and slightly sweet. Its a great smoke for sure and no lakeland to be found yet but I was hoping for maybe a little . The taste is good as long as I do not smoke the tobacco fast. Add to cart. Kendal Kentucky is roasty, toasty, smokey, and strong. I haven't seen this latter pheonomenon discussed on Tobacco Reviews. It's like entering a time machine. Kentucky Select Pipe Tobacco 1 lb (16oz) - Gold. Exactly like those traded to trappers and Indians since the early approximately century. Then I lit it and all became clear. The flavor stays consistent to the bottom of the bowl to a fine white ash. Pipe Tobacco. KENTUCKY KING LARGE TWIST 12/CT. For me the taste and aroma are outstanding. Other than that, I get a similar dark fired taste and quite the nicotine hit from this one. It's smoky, slightly sweet and not for beginners. This tobacco is a bit of a trip down memory lane for me as it smells just like the tobaccos my Grandad used to smoke. It has a pleasant, straight forward taste. 4-11-11 Still strong, but at this point, I've had stronger. This blend is a absolutely win for me. This smoke-cured tobacco mediates the dominating flavor of the fire but keeps its fullness, sweetening it somewhat as a result and allowing for a melange of flavors instead of an oil-on-water separation. I agree with just about everything in Paddy's review. Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. - Kendal Dark Shag Unscented. Good stuff for the experienced pipesmoker. The burn from it's good, giving a cool smoke. I have nothing to compare it to, really. If you swallered a plug of that, you didn`t have to swaller another on top of it to make gettin` sick worthwhile. A very good tobacco from GH.It's TOBACCO!A good nicotine hit, light very easily, no tongue bite. If u like cigars then this blend is perfect for you. Like Murads, Fatimas, Henry Clays and Don Alfredos. Great smoke. Choose Quantity 1 for total $13.74 2 for total $27.48 3 for total $41.22 4 for total $54.96 5 for total $68.70 6 for total $82.44 7 for total $96.18 8 for total $109.92 9 for total $123.66 10 for total $137.40 12 for total $164.88 15 for total $206.10 20 for total $274.80 24 for total . It's great stuff, just a little too much for me. Purchased From: pipesandcigars.com in Albany, NY. Each focus group session included open-ended questions and was conducted by . As Dark Birds Eye has VA/Burley this is pure Burley and not cut from the whole leaf. The plant today known as tobacco, or Nicotiana tabacum, is a member of the nicotiana genus - a close relative to the poisonous nightshade and could previously only be found in the Americas. Cigarette/Cigar Orders are processed and shipped in 48-72 hours. What looks like an ordinary greenhouse is actually an around-the-clock Ebola vaccine factory. Using a sharp plug knife I sliced about 2 1/2" of the 'twist' and cut it into small circles and then rubbed it out slightly. Add to Wishlist. Percent Covered by 100% Smoke-free Workplace Laws. It is life transforming rite-of-passage. I have blended it with some original flake because although not fast burning it seems to fine for a pipe. Try to avoid big bowls thou, as this is much stronger than regular burley. 5Bros is legendary for strength and flavor, full-bodied and unpretentious shag cut for pipe or chew. After a night in the humidifying jar the 'twist' became quite pliable and less brittle, also it tasted damned good to chew due to the absence to flavoring or sugar in the tobacco. EDIT: Two things that I have experienced that I think I should pass along. I had been wanting to try this for some time, but it seemed to be out of stock every time I checked. The moist fine shag cut is all too easy to clump into a big plug when filling the pipe - filling a bit looser than normal is necessary. This one may not please everyone but its a nice reminder of what pipe smoking can be. Nationally, the rate was 5.7%.2 Not a modern smoke at all. Very satisfying. It's like cream on your tongue. 387 Kentucky farm projects will receive a total of $4.3 in tobacco settlement funds. For me it is stronger than OJK, and up there with Irish Flake. There you have it, gentlemen! Smells of a log cabin with a fire roaring in the Franklin stove and a coffee pot brewing on top. Kendal Kentucky, being a Burley, burns with no problem as you might imagine. So I find it's wonderfully evocative of a lost time and culture. Going to jar up a few oz's of the KK and see what happens in a few months. Still, cigarette. And for my personal taste the stoutness can be a bit owerwhelming. All rights reserved. I am not really big on reviewing pipe tobacco. If you are not used to blends that impart a powerful dose of nicotine, don't drive while smoking. Oliver Twist is the brand of tobacco you have been looking for. Although containing a substantial amount of nicotine, it isn't a killer, at least to these seasoned taste-buds. JavaScript is disabled. Kentucky Kernel-tobacco Tag. The taste does not change down the bowl, and I found that rewarding because it starts off wonderfully. The scent from the sample bag is smoky, earthy and little nutty. Although most of the reviews that you made read for Gawith-Hoggarth tobaccos refelct an air of dominating strength and potency, I viewe them as a throw back to the old days of uncased, well cured, natural tobaccos that yeild pleasure for all pipe smokers. It has a great thick smoke output this is a big plus for me. Mine was delivered slightly moist, but I smoked it as delivered and did not worry about drying it. In the end, although they seem quite different when smoked back to back, I can honestly say that if only any one of the three were available, I would lay in a large stock of it and be thankful. Kendall KY doesn't burn clean or smooth, or handle relights well. reproduced in any manner without the expressed written consent of STC Holdings LLC. And it is also ok for blending if you want to add some extra streangth to a milder tobacco. It's about the same strength, and I find it more flavorful. Dark fired tobacco twist grown, harvested, and fired in western Kentucky on our small family farm. For a Virginia lover, it was a little off base for me. Be forewarned these tobacco products deliver the ultimate kick with an equivalent blow to the nose. Just wider than a true shag, but handles like a shag. To me it tastes and smokes like Five Brothers, but for adult consumers. |Forums . Smokes very much the same in cob or briar. The taste is straight-forward, smoky kentucky. I will check out the link you posted and report back on my findings. I get slightly bitter cocoa. Overall, the tobacco flavor seems rather bland to me. Smoking these is not a multi-dimensional experience like a symphony. King B Sweet Flavor - Twist Tobacco Old-time twists that you can smoke, use in medicine bundles, prayer ceremonies, etc. Notice | Advertising Robust and medium to full-bodied, these small cigars are comprised of 100% American grown tobaccos hailing from (you guessed it) Kentucky and Tennessee. The nic-hit is potent, and I recommend a small to medium bowl at best. blah blah blah. As its name implies, Kentucky Cheroots Cigars are an American made cigarillo-style treat made from the esteemed Avanti company. In terms of flavor it was very pleasant with a good amount of white smoke. It has some Lakeland remembering in the far distance, maybe just because its stored near some scented. Packed some of it into my Corn Cob and went on a journey to Kentucky! And in case you didnt notice this one either, KK doesnt mess around. From KK, I get a sweet nuttiness like cashews. When used as a base for blending, its shag-like consistency makes blending a bit difficult with cube and square cut tobaccos. What a great smell. Twist Chewing Tobacco 1.92 oz Twist Chewing Tobacco Showing 1 - 2 of 2 products Shop your favorite Snake River twist chewing tobacco. I found opening the packet that the 'twist' was a little dry so I placed it overnight in a tobacco jar with a couple of humidifying disks. I do get a taste of lakeland essence, only mildly present but enough to ghost my pipe. I can detect no additional flavouring at all in this blend, other than the smoke that was used to cure the tobacco. Nicotine level is very high. It's one of those blends that I consider essential to my smoking rotation, even if I don't smoke it all the time. What you get at the light pretty much stays the same all the way down. Twist Tobacco Old-time twists that you can smoke, use in medicine bundles, prayer ceremonies, etc. This is a great buy, and a great smoke from one of the oldest tobacco houses around. It has a raw woody taste (absent in the others) that reminds my of Burley, which is very pleasant. Deep, tobacco flavor without hint of adulteration or additive. And lingering in the background is that Gawith Hoggarth flavor that I can detect in almost every blend they make. Its Christmas 2009 and one of my presents was a 4oz bag of KK. Exceptionally full and well rounded. Highly recommended. I think all the twists are very similar, but I usually go for Wild Duck or Mammoth Cave. It just seems to taste and burn better straight out of the jar, and that taste is why I'm bothering with a review at all. I like this best as a blender. KK has a floral taste with occasional soapy tones. 40.7K subscribers Subscribe 1.4K 100K views 5 years ago Farmers in western Kentucky's black patch region produce fire cured dark tobacco. Similar Blends: Mac Baren - HH Old Dark Fired. A fire-cured burley,same cut and burn as DBE,but less of a nic-kick.I dont detect any of the "Lakeland essence" that is normally found in Va.'s cured in this manner,(hung to dry over smoking leaves) Excellent body,smooth,never harsh or bitey and always a pleasure morning or night.Definitely one to try if you enjoy fire cured leaf,burley or stronger blends! The problem is my normal pace which can be rather quick. Golden brown with a warm finish, like Southern Comfort. By the way, smokes dry and very easy to keep lit via shag cut. |Radio Show Sneak Peek: We carry major tobacco brand names such as The Good Stuff, American Club, Criss Cross, Black & Mild, Swisher Sweets, Backwoods, Game, Dutch Masters, White Owl, RAW, Zig Zag Wraps, High Hemp Wraps, and many more! 1. These tobaccos are fire cured which gives them their distinctive aroma and flavor. I think this is a tobacco that is fit for its purpose, it has an inspirational quality that can comes well to hand when I want to be perked up. KENTUCKY TWIST Trademark of SCOTT TOBACCO COMPANY - Serial Number 72328634 - Alter KENTUCKY TWIST Trademark Trademark Overview On Thursday, May 29, 1969, a trademark application was filed for KENTUCKY TWIST with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Long live Kendal Kentucky! This is what tobacco should be. I am going to go against the majority on this one as I do feel that there is a very, very light flavoring agent used in KK. Even a novice such as myself can pretty easily smoke it down to the proverbial white ash. $13.74. Tops Scotch Dry 1.15 oz. Gets me in the jowls and pectoris occasionally, but it has the nose and flavor I expect. Zero tongue bite. I now turn my attention to Kentucky Twist. If you need a "fix," this will do it with style. A really good smoke if you want to get your batteries recharged but might want to enjoy after a meal. The money will be used for projects that help protect water quality and prevent soil erosion. The vintage cut is too easy to pack and light but much slower and cooler. Out of stock. It also packs quite a nicotine punch. Smoke-free ordinances covering all indoor workplaces and enclosed public places by e-cig use prohibited. I will always forgive a tobacco other sins when it smokes down to a fine white ash. KK is sneaky strong as it starts out medium in the strength department, but by mid bowl the power of KK really makes itself known. I have the (perhaps strange) habit of smelling the briar or meecschaum bowl as part of the enjoyment of a pipe. This has mellowed with age. My definition of fast means to heat the bowl beyond a comfortable touch. Perfect lazy man's smoke. Display: 24 per page Sort by: Best selling Snake River Fire Cured Twist Chewing Tobacco 12-Pouch Carton, 1.92 oz per Pouch SKU: 01498 Login to Purchase Add to cart Snake River Air Cured Twist Chewing Tobacco