FAMpeople is your site which contains biographies of famous people of the past and present. As a youth, Bullock planned to study to become an evangelical Christian minister. jim j bullock partner, john caseydanny sorenson paper clips. So I did stand-up at the Comedy Store, which got me on contract with ABC, $20,000 for a one-year contract, and then they try to find a slot for you on a show. Or nylon. We commit to cover sensible issues responsibly through the principles of neutrality. These films with short cinematic plots that could be summarized into one or two sentences are what made Hollywood popular back then. And Im not wearing my nylon in 115-degree heat. Jim: No, but I'm not really actively pursuing work anymore. . Jim Bullock father's name is under review and mother unknown at this time. Jim has an estimated net worth of $3 million as of 2022. I love tchotchkesbut I'm not a hoarder! He played another prominent role as Prince Valium in the 1987 sci-fi adventure comedy filmSpaceballs, alongside Mel Brooks. I played with dolls and, remarkably, my parents allowed me to and even bought me a Chatty Cathy doll for Christmas. Jim: No. Tim: Well, you are really getting to the nut of what I want to talk about, because TCFCwas one of those early-80s sitcoms, like Diff'rent Strokesor The Facts of Lifeor Silver Spoonsthat was always on in the background when I was in junior high school, and I always sensed that Monroe was, if not gay, then, like a clown or a nerd or the butt of the joke, and that definitely struck a nerve with me, because I was all of those things. I love the whole process of going to bed. ), ended in 1986 with Knights abrupt death from cancer, Jims career continued on, . Copyright 2012-2021 Stories People All rights reserved. How I played him is just what I went in with when I auditioned. All the guys on there are so fucking beautiful with their shirts off, and they know it. So far, he has not suffered from AIDS-related complications like his partner, and he is a long-time survivor, thanks to antiretrovirals. Tim: Yes. Jim J. Bullock has been part of the entertainment industry for decades and is among the most renowned and respected personalities. . Jim: It was mostly verbal. Bullock is a longtime survivor of the virus and, as of 2011, was still healthy due in part to antiretroviral drugs. Bullock continued with new co-host, Ann Abernathy, and the show became The Jim J. and Ann Show until it was canceled. Jim J. Bullock was prominent in the 1980s when it all started. Anyway, then I take half an Ambien, which knocks me out. That lasted 2 1/2 years and was followed . Then every day at five p.m., I have two very large vodka martinis, lightly dirty, and popcorn, and watch the local news, then make my dinner and watch something like. But when I finally read for him, they didnt tell me how to play himthey just let me go, and thats how I played him in the early episodes. Danny was the all-American boy who loved to hunt, fish and kill things, and I loved pretty things. I loved to go shopping and wear my mothers colorful blouses. (In fact, he was convinced that TCFC leading man and grand poobah Ted Knight would end it for him personally. He voiced the same character in the animated comedy-musical video'Queer Duck: The Movie'in 2006.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'biographyhost_com-box-3','ezslot_1',113,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-biographyhost_com-box-3-0'); Jim J. Bullock is an American actor and comedian, mostly recognized for playing Monroe Ficus in the comedy sitcomToo Close for Comfort(1980-1987). By I love tchotchkesbut Im not a hoarder! Then Im on TikTok, thats my guilty pleasure. Tim: Hm, that's so interesting, as of course I want to talk to you a lot about old TV characters who read as gay, like Monroe on Too Close for Comfort [hereafter referred to as TCFC]. Bullock became a notable entertainment figure in the 1980s when he co-starred on the sitcom Too Close for Comfort as Monroe Ficus (credited as "Jm J. Bullock") and was a regular guest on John Davidson's updated version of Hollywood Squares; Bullock occasionally substituted for Davidson as host. jim j bullock partner, john casey 16 jim j bullock partner, john casey. We assure our audience that we will remove any contents that are not accurate or according to formal reports and queries if they are justified. Bullock was the voice of Queer Duck in the animated series of cartoons of the same name which have appeared on both the internet and the cable TV network Showtime. Between 1986 and 1989, he was part of the game showThe New Hollywood Squares. He primarily accumulated his wealth through his career in the entertainment industry. . Jim J. Bullock, better known by the Family name James Jackson Bullock, is a popular actor. '" alt="" title="LiveInternet: number of pageviews and visitors'+ Get the news that matters from one of the leading news sites in Kenya, Casper, Wyoming, the United States of America, Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee, Oklahoma, John Casey (married in 1990, died in 1996), Raila Odinga Hosts George Wajackoyah for Breakfast at His Kisumu Residence, George Wajackoyah Offers to Reconcile Diamond Platnumz with His Abandoned Dad: "Kaburi Ni Tajiri Kukuliko", Mother's Love Prevails: Chinese Woman Divorces Husband After Refusing To Pay Son's Medical Bills, Woman Hopes Boyfriend Buys Her New Car: My Dad Refused", Clip of Bomet Woman Rep Linet Toto Leading in Praise and Worship Excites Netizens, Piper Rockelle's bio: net worth, nationality, rise to fame, career, Vijaykumari's life story, Sadhguru, children, cause of death, Samantha Lewes: Tom Hanks' divorce story and her cause of death, List of female Sky F1 presenters to watch out for in 2023, Who is Gabriel Iglesias' son: Everything to know about Frankie, Who is Janet Smollett? I got a lot of my humor from Paul Lynde. How much do you know about him aside from his decorated career? The game ended with both Summers and Harvey playing the obstacle course and winning all eight prizes for their respective teammates. I was never beat up. Billed as "Jm" J Bullock, with an intentionally missing "i" in his first name, he was cast as Cornell's friend Monroe, whose dense demeanor frequently sent Knight into apoplectic splutters. Bullock was the voice of Queer Duck in the animated series of cartoons of the same name which have appeared on both the internet and the cable TV network Showtime. Jim J. Bullock's net worth The talented actor received a music scholarship to attend Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee, Oklahoma. Then, if I werent doing this interview, Id go volunteer at a homeless feeding program or Habitat for Humanity, or Id probably be thrift shopping. Milton Berle was a pig to me on Hollywood squares he was such a pig to me. I mean, TCFC wasnt even a favorite show of mine when I was in middle schoolI was definitely team Facts of Life (especially when they went to Paris! All Rights Reserved. He also closed out the national tour in the role of Wilbur, which he did on Broadway. They named him after [the 1920s film actor] Harold Lloyd. Back in the late seventies when Id first come to L.A. and was doing Godspell on stage, this crazy agent woman named JoAnn Kane asked me, What do you want?, and I said, I want to be on a sitcom. It just seemed tangible to me. I wanted an Allen Carr [the gay producer of the movie Grease] caftan but couldnt find one like that, and the womens ones are made out of plastic. After Rachels humiliating failure as TV actress, she comes home to Lima to figure out what she wants to do next. I was on Facebook for a while, but I got all these requests from people I didnt even know, so I just quit. Jim was raised in Odesa, Texas, in a Southern Baptist home. In 1996, Bullock rebounded as the co-host of "The Jim J and Tammy Faye Show" (syndicated, 1996), a bizarre talk-variety show co-starring disgraced televangelist Tammy Faye Baker. Then a year went by and I kept going by this cat shelter and they showed me Lloyd when he was a little baby kitten. It wasn't like I created him or thought, "Oh, this'll be a good mannerism for him." if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'biographyhost_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_6',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-biographyhost_com-medrectangle-4-0'); After that, he notably appeared as Bernie in the 2010 romantic drama filmRole/Playand Bob Zackie in the 2014 comedy filmRon and Laura Take Back America. All the guys on there are so fucking beautiful with their shirts off, and they know it. Then I just sit in my living room and tell Alexa to play nature noises and I sit here and have my coffee and maybe look at my phone. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. So Jim, describe your day so far, or a typical day for you in Palm Springs. It wasn't like I created him or thought, "Oh, this'll be a good mannerism for him." John Casey (m 1990 - 1996) Profile. So, how much do you know about Jim? Jim J. Bullock Name: James Jackson Bullock Born: February 9, 1955 Occupation: Actor Years active: 1981-present Known for: . I clean their boxes and scrub the floor and love on the cats. Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news. In 1985, while Too Close For Comfort was being retooled as The Ted Knight Show, Bullock learned that he was HIV positive. James Jackson Bullock (born February 9, 1955) is an American actor and comedian of stage, television, and motion pictures. Then chef mentors Anne Burrell and Tyler Florence teach them how to make paella. He briefly hosted a syndicated talk show with ex-televangelist Tammy Faye Messner. on Broadway in the 2000s, which was thrilling and opened up a whole new chapter in my life, and I did the show in 2011 in Denver and L.A. and on two gigs with Royal Caribbean. 'border="1" width="20" height="20"><\/a>')
. Boss Hogg from The Dukes of Hazzard?wouldnt we all immediately know the voice of Monroe Ficus from Too Close for Comfort? Dating & Relationship status He is currently single. He starred in the sitcom Too Close for Comfort. #10 - Jim J. Bullock. Jim: No. She said, "If you want a sitcom, stand-up is the way in." This means that he is 67 years old in 2022. He likes to walk around outside, so I get my coffee and we do that until I'm like, "Bitch, hurry up, I'm hot." But when John died of AIDS in 1996, thats when Jims life really went haywire, with an arrest in 1999 for possession of crystal meth being only one of the bottoms he hit. Repetition bores me. Unfortunately, he died of AIDS-related complications in 1996. I loved the Monkees. But when John died of AIDS in 1996, thats when Jims life really went haywire, with an arrest in 1999 for possession of crystal meth being only one of the bottoms he hit. The Jim J. and Tammy Faye Show debuted in 1996, but Messner exited the program a few months later following a cancer diagnosis. In 2015, he guest-starred in the television seriesGleeandGood Job, Thanks! Happy August, Caftan readers! Now titled "The Ted Knight Show," the series ran until the actor's death from colon cancer in 1986. 2023 He ripples with laughter as we sit in his tastefully decorated West Hollywood leased corner condoa home both tidy and . . He became a popular entertainment figure in the 1980s after starring in the sitcom Too Close for Comfort. In 1996, Bullock rebounded as the co-host of "The Jim J and Tammy Faye Show" (syndicated, 1996), a bizarre talk-variety show co-starring disgraced televangelist Tammy Faye Baker. Jim: My dad worked in oilfields and so you went where the oil was, and we moved quite a bit. The sitcomranon ABC for the first four seasons and then in first-run syndication for another two seasons. Jim: No. My first 45 record was "Daydream Believer." Was he gay to you? Bullock's saucy wit and personality made him one of the show's most popular guests, overshadowing even Rivers, and he frequently filled in for Davidson as guest host. In 1996, Bullock's partner of six years, John Casey, died from AIDS-related complications. My first 45 record was "Daydream Believer." Jims story is studded with the campy celebrities of yesteryear, from Paul Lynde to Joan Rivers to Tammy Faye Baker. Comedian who became known for being a square on Hollywood Squares. Eddie, Do you know something we don't? I was on Facebook for a while, but I got all these requests from people I didn't even know, so I just quit. The game ended with both Summers and Harvey playing the Obstacle Course and winning all eight prizes for their respective civilian teammates. In 1996, Bullock's partner of six years, John Casey, died from AIDS-related complications. Associated With. He had the ability to hear a song only once and then play the song perfectly on the piano, although he could not read sheet music. And boy, does he have a heartbreaking anecdote to share about a smackdown with Ted he once had.). After a night of drinking with the New York socialites, Roseanne has a strange dream about the future of Darlene and her baby. Otherwise, Im not on any social media. I do have an agent and manager, but truthfully, Ive been away on tours over half of Lloyds life and Im not leaving him again until he goes, then Ill be able to work a little more. He has joined the cast of "Hairspray" on Broadway. It was good old-fashioned eight-shows-a-week stage work, starting with the role of Wilbur Turnblad in Broadways Hairspray, that saved Jims careerand maybe even his life. According to our Database, He has no children. The experienced was a defining one for the actor, who soon found sobriety.Bullock returned to acting in 1999 as the voice of "Queer Duck" (Showtime, 2002-04), a series of flash animation shorts about a gay duck that dealt with his ultra-straight relatives and openly gay friends. Discover today's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people who share your birthday. I was working as a delivery boy and I'd go to 7-11 in the morning and get a huge coffee and a king-size Snickers and then I'd take Dexatrim and tweak all day long and then come home and maybe eat a little chicken. And I lost 30 pounds from when they had first seen me and said, "He's too fat and he's gay." is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC. Jim: Money. I go to the Methodist church here in Palm Springs and we have a very open and wonderful pastor named Jane who wears caftans every Sunday. In the nineties, as my TV work petered out, theater became my avenue to make money. Productions were easily understandable and marketable. Otherwise, I'm not on any social media. Cut to many months later, the agent says to me, Theyre still looking for this Monroe guy. And I had lost weight! Its a wild ride, and I loved that as effortlessly funny as he was, Jim was dead-honest with me about what was really going on in his head and heart through all of it. , a connection you made with certain characters that I, in turn, had people tell me they had that connection with Monroe before they even knew their own sexuality. Copyright 2023 Please consider subscribing at $5/month or $50 outright for the year if you havent. Jim J. Bullockmadehis on-screen debut appearing in a guest role as E.E Erdwurm in the children's television programSunshine Factory. Jim J. Bullock was born on February 09, 1955 in Casper, Wyoming, United States, is Actor. In 2000, Bullock was a regular panelist on the revival of I've Got a Secret. I did Wilbur Turnblad in. I love animals. He likes to walk around outside, so I get my coffee and we do that until I'm like, "Bitch, hurry up, I'm. " Bullock continued with new co-host, Ann Abernathy, and the show became The Jim J. and Ann Show until it was canceled. I love animals. As the years went on, my voice got lower, and they'd say to me, "Get your voice back up! Then I just sit in my living room and tell Alexa to play nature noises and I sit here and have my coffee and maybe look at my phone. )but TCFC was always on in the background and there was Monroe, sorta gay-seeming and -sounding but maybe just a big doofus, in the inane way that sitcoms of that period really werent more sophisticated than old-fashioned, schticky vaudeville routines. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. When he was young, Jim wanted to become an evangelical Christian minister and put his efforts towards it. but couldn't find one like that, and the women's ones are made out of plastic. [1][6], On February 17, 1999, Bullock was arrested outside a bar in West Hollywood, California, for possession of crystal meth, and was sentenced to probation.[2][7]. Upon discovering that Sue has banished the arts at McKinley, Rachel takes it upon herself to reinstate and lead the Glee Club. From 2004 to 2007, he appeared on the Nickelodeon series "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide" as Mr. Monroe, the Life Science teacher and boy's basketball coach who also ran the Sewing Club. He made his diagnosis public 11 years later. Bullock announced his partner's death and his coming out as an HIV positive man at the same time. (He then went on to play Edna Turnblad, the role Harvey Fierstein created, in several succeeding productions; the clip below is of Jim as Edna in a 2011 regional staging of the musical.). He had met her in 1990. In 1985, while Too Close For Comfort was being retooled as The Ted Knight Show, Bullock learned that he was HIV positive. They didn't even read me the first time. Bullock is a longtime survivor of the virus and, as of 2011, was still healthy due in part to antiretroviral drugs. Terms of use and Your privacy. In the nineties, as my TV work petered out, theater became my avenue to make money. Adult cats dont get adopted a lot. In 1985, while riding out the turbulent evolution of "Too Close For Comfort," Bullock discovered that he was HIV-positive. I hope youre all having a good summer, or as good a summer as possible. Make Yahoo Your Homepage. Then every day at five p.m., I have two very large vodka martinis, lightly dirty, and popcorn, and watch the local news, then make my dinner and watch something like Better Call Saulor Downton Abbey, then I'm in bed by eight. After 11 years and after his lover of six years, John Casey died of AIDS-related complications in 1996; Bullock came out publicly as HIV positive. whom I idolized. I mean, TCFC wasnt even a favorite show of mine when I was in middle schoolI was definitely team Facts of Life (especially when they went to Paris! But he was definitely a big ole grown up sissy man, and I didn't want to be that. Dr. Smith wasnt funny or clever or witty, just an obnoxious queen. Cut to many months later, the agent says to me, "They're still looking for this Monroe guy." Cut to many months later, the agent says to me, "They're still looking for this Monroe guy." My eldest sibling is my sister, then my brother Bob, who passed, then theres an 11-year break and then my brother Dan, whos two years older than me, and Im the baby. After losing his partner, Bullockstartedtaking drugs that led to an arrest outside of a West Hollywood bar. Before Fame He studied at Oklahoma Baptist University, but did not graduate. He played Jim J. Bullock on the sitcom Too Close for Comfort and appeared in the films Spaceballs and Kissing Jessica Stein. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Jim: I was a sissya mammas boy. I ordered an XXL, but its still very tapered around the chest, and a caftan should be all about flowiness and hiding. His partner, John Casey, died in 1996. Early life[] James Jackson Bullock was born in Casper, Wyoming, and raised in Odessa, Texas, in a Southern Baptist home. Jim: I know! During this period, he was also a frequent guest on the daytime soap "The Bold and the Beautiful" (CBS, 1987-) as Serge, a flamboyant wedding planner, and provided voices for "Rick & Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in the World" (Logo, 2007-), a sitcom with characters created from children's building toys. He is a longtime survivor of it as his consumption of antiretroviral drugs is still healthy on his part; it has been 20 years since he has taken preventive measures. He was diagnosed with HIV in 1985. I have a sleeping disorder, so I start with my edible gummy, then take a trazodone. Well, turns out that Monroe in fact was gaythat is, Jim J. Bullock, the Texas-bred actor who played him, was. Jim J. Bullock (James Jackson Bullock) was born on 9 February, 1955 in Casper, Wyoming, United States, is an Actor, comedian. Bullock is a longtime survivor of the virus and, as of 2021, was still healthy due in part to . I was working as a delivery boy and I'd go to 7-11 in the morning and get a huge coffee and a king-size Snickers and then I'd take Dexatrim and tweak all day long and then come home and maybe eat a little chicken. They named him after [the 1920s film actor] Harold Lloyd. Even at 67 and after all his ups and downs, Jim to me still has the essence of a very sweet and earnest boy raised in the Baptist church who wants to make people happy and make them laugh. Meanwhile, Blaine, no longer in a relationship with Kurt, has moved home to coach the Warblers while Will is coaching rival Vocal Adrenaline, and Sam is the assistant coach for the McKinley football team. Apple TV & Privacy Then, if I weren't doing this interview, I'd go volunteer at a homeless feeding program or Habitat for Humanity, or I'd probably be thrift shopping. I didn't even know why I was different! The sole bright spot during this period was his partner, John Casey, whom he met in 1990. He shied away from (almost) nothing. So you were born in 1955 in Casper, Wyoming, and then moved to the small town of Denver City, Texas, as a baby. He did Kinky Boots at the Hollywood Bowl in early July 2022. When TCFC ended in 1986 with Knights abrupt death from cancer, Jims career continued on The New Hollywood Squares (watch him at the 3:46 mark), and Alf. Jim Bullock learned that he was HIV positive in 1985. Tim: Yes. And I had lost weight! He later became a semi-regular on ALF (from 1989 to 1990) as Neal Tanner. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'biographyhost_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_3',114,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-biographyhost_com-medrectangle-3-0'); In 1981, he made his first big-screen appearance as Eddie in the horror fantasy comedy filmFull Moon High. Jim Bullock learned that he was HIV positive in 1985. Then a year went by and I kept going by this cat shelter and they showed me Lloyd when he was a little baby kitten. I didn't even know why I was different! Tim: Well, me too. At 67 years old, Jim J. Bullock height The only common thing between the actors is that they share a second name and are big names in the movie industry. Jim: I am too. He gained fame in the 1980s after appearing in the sitcom Too Close for Comfort as Monroe Ficus. Apple Inc. I have a caftan in my closet too, but Ive never worn it because its from some part of the world where the men must be very small. Bullock's teenage years were filled with internal conflict: he had planned to become a Baptist minister, even receiving a scholarship to Oklahoma Baptist University, but struggled to reconcile his career decision with his sexual orientation. Our Privacy Policy. Bullock is a longtime survivor of the HIV virus and, as of 2020, is still healthy due to his adherence to a regimen of antiretroviral drugs., which is considered to make him "undetectible". I got picked on a lot and called a faggot and queer. His interests were acting and singing, and he was often the center of attention because of his entertaining personality. Jim with his mom and what he calls my Peggy Lipton hair, 1970Courtesy the Caftan Chronicles/Jim J. Bullock. But when John died of AIDS in 1996, thats when Jims life really went haywire, with an arrest in 1999 for possession of crystal meth being only one of the bottoms he hit. Jim: No, but Im not really actively pursuing work anymore. After his six-year run on "Too Close for Comfort," Bullock became a regular on a new version of the "Hollywood Squares," hosted by John Davidson. He kicked off the nineties with a beautiful six-year relationship with another HIV-positive man, John Casey. Jim: I think Paul was really brilliantly funny. It didnt turn out quite like that. So, how much is Jim J. Bullock worth at the age of 67 years old? Jim appeared regularly on Battlestars and later became a semi-regular on ALF (from 1989 to 1990) as Neal Tanner. During an appearance on the game show Body Language, the host, Tom Kennedy, described Jim as looking like he was in the pink of health and all that. The sole bright spot during this period was his partner, John Casey, whom he met in 1990. Courtesy the Caftan Chronicles/Jim J. Bullock, R.I.P. I love the whole process of going to bed. He, however, did not take it until the doctor explained it to him. But when John died of AIDS in 1996, that's when Jim's life really went haywire, with an arrest in 1999 for possession of crystal meth being only one of the bottoms he hit. )but TCFC was always on in the background and there was Monroe, sorta gay-seeming and -sounding but maybe just a big doofus, in the inane way that sitcoms of that period really werent more sophisticated than old-fashioned, schticky vaudeville routines. Farmer's Empowerment through knowledge management. Let me introduce it by saying that, if there were a Gen X game show called Name That Sitcom Voice, where you had to identify a voice from the silly shows we watched as kids and teenswait, is that Tootie from The Facts of Life? Maybe in January I'll wear it. On February 17, 1999, Bullock was arrested outside a bar in West Hollywood, California, for possession of crystal meth, and was sentenced to probation. When TCFC ended in 1986 with Knights abrupt death from cancer, Jims career continued on The New Hollywood Squares(watch him in the video at the 3:46 mark) and Alf. Jim: My dad worked in oilfields and so you went where the oil was, and we moved quite a bit. He turned to crystal meth as a means of coping with his issues, which led to a 1999 arrest for possession. Its a wild ride, and I loved that as effortlessly funny as he was, Jim was dead-honest with me about what was really going on in his head and heart through all of it. He is from United States. I had become blank. Then, twice a week, I volunteer at Kittyland, a no-kill adult-cat rescue place. The sole bright spot during this period was his partner, John Casey, whom he met in 1990. He guest-hosted a special episode of Super Sloppy Double Dare in 1989 where host Marc Summers and announcer Harvey played against each other. Some of his other noteworthy roles include the pilled-up narcoleptic Prince Valium in the 1987 Mel Brooks movie Spaceballs, and the "not-quite-out-of-the-closet" character in a dating montage at the beginning of 2001's Kissing Jessica Stein. jim j bullock partner, john casey jim j bullock partner, john casey. As a young boy, I didn't even know what "gay" was, but there was that thing, a connection you made with certain characters that I, in turn, had people tell me they had that connection with Monroe before they even knew their own sexuality. He briefly co-hosted the talk show, The Jim J and Tammy Faye Show with Tammy Faye Bakker. And I love the name of your project. In 1996, Bullock's partner of six years, John Casey, died from AIDS-related complications. They named him after [the 1920s film actor] Harold Lloyd. His preferred name is JM J. Bullock, which is also how he signs his autographs. Actor Jim J. Bullock was just 19 when he learned he got a scholarship to pursue acting at NYU, but just before he packed his bags, he received a diagnosis of HIV and AIDS. Jims story is studded with the campy celebrities of yesteryear, from Paul Lynde to Joan Rivers to Tammy Faye Baker. You just don't make TV money in theater unless you're a huge draw like Hugh Jackman. That year, tragedy struck when Casey passed away from AIDS-related complications. I didnt even know why I was different! ), I had a cat for 18 years named Ethel who I had to put down. But not only was he deeply closeted in the industry, he was also secretly living with HIV, convinced that if either or especially both secrets got out, his career would be ruined. My weight blew up during COVID but Ive managed to take off 30 pounds. And eight shows a week is such a grind, the same thing over and over. I've never known loss like that. The celebrity recruits learn how to make Thai ice cream rolls and create their own flavor profile. One of the most outspoken actors of the decade is Jim.