Thanks for youre recipeRita. Im from Charleston WV. This search takes into account your taste preferences, hot dog buns, sauerkraut, pickles, brown sugar, onion powder and 11 more, bbq sauce, brown sugar, catsup, Kitchen Bouquet, water, worcestershire sauce and 2 more, black pepper, ketchup, pickles, white onions, bbq sauce, buns and 10 more, beef, garlic powder, ground chuck, black pepper, tomato paste and 11 more, brown sugar, ground chuck, ground sirloin, cold water, cumin and 11 more, ground sirloin, onion flakes, paprika, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce and 11 more, ground sirloin, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, ketchup, paprika and 11 more, salt, tomato paste, black pepper, ketchup, chili powder, water and 1 more, black pepper, tomato paste, salt, chili powder, ground beef, ketchup and 1 more, tomato paste, onion, fish sauce, sugar, ground pork, hotdog, ketchup and 6 more, ketchup, garlic powder, butter, Worcestershire sauce, cornstarch and 17 more, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, rubbed sage, frank and 18 more, salt, chili powder, ground beef, diced onion, paprika, ketchup and 3 more, ketchup, brown sugar, dijon style mustard, root beer, pineapple chunks, dry mustard, minced garlic, firmly packed brown sugar and 6 more, ketchup, crushed red pepper flakes, water, tomato sauce, salt and 5 more, sugar, ground beef, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, mustard, onions and 1 more, prepared mustard, pepper, butter, chili powder, margarine, tomato paste and 6 more, water, chili powder, yellow mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and 6 more, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, olive oil, salt and 6 more, hot pepper sauce, red wine vinegar, honey mustard, seasoned salt and 12 more, cider vinegar, sherry, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, chili sauce and 5 more, cumin, brown sugar, beef bouillon granules, hamburger, salt, oregano and 9 more, water, ketchup, beef, chili powder, ground beef, sugar, yellow onions, chopped onions, ketchup, sugar, tomato juice, Chili, lean ground beef, ketchup, cider vinegar, turmeric, beef, brown sugar, kidney beans and 5 more, tomato juice, ketchup, red pepper, green bell pepper, onion, chili powder and 1 more, kosher salt, green bell pepper, onion flakes, onion, ground chuck and 21 more, water, tomato sauce, black pepper, ground beef, Tabasco Sauce and 7 more, worcestershire sauce, beef chuck, water, onion, ground black pepper and 8 more, water, crushed red pepper flakes, tomato sauce, white sugar, lean ground beef and 4 more, frank, mayonnaise, mayonnaise, freshly ground black pepper, balsamic vinegar and 9 more, Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil, finely chopped onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce and 5 more, salt, apple cider vinegar, light mayo, ketchup, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, garlic clove, pepper, ground cloves, red onion, habanero chili pepper and 7 more, fresh ginger, currants, brown sugar, spices, apples, cider vinegar, The Best Hot Dog You Will Ever Eat (JDawgs Special Sauce Copycat), Buffalo Wild Wings Caribbean Jerk Wing Sauce, How to Make Greek Hot Dog Sauce ~ Hot Dog Topper, Ospidillo Cafe Hot Dog Chili Sauce No. This looks soooo good! Join our community of 200K+ members - browse for a recipe, submit your own, add a review, or upload a recipe photo. Have the heart ground twice it makes the sauce much finer try this if u like it I have a more simple receipt. Saute the ground beef for 10 minutes, or until completely browned and cooked through. LOLgreat minds. Sometimes it takes me all week to get thru the blogs but I try. Taste to see if any spices need adjusted, such as adding more salt and the rest of the red pepper. Be sure to check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by meal type and category! Carefully crumble beef into water. This recipe doubles well, so make a batch of it and take it on your next camping trip or BBQ. If desired, spoon out the majority of the grease by first removing the pan from the heat or open flame. This beefy, chili-spiced sauce turns a frank from fair to fantastic, adding just the right balance of sweet, spicy and savory. Just wanted to make sure it is the right one. In a microwave safe bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and black pepper. This recipe has quite a few ingredients though you will find that almost all of the ingredients are right in your cupboard! Feel free to heat it up again or just use it straight from the fridge. When the meat is no longer pink, drain excess fat and add onions to pot, stir. ), 21 Vodka Cocktails That'll Knock Your Socks Off, 15 Buffalo Wing Flavored Recipes (And Not Just Wings! We are so honored. Brown beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coney sauce is a chili, savory and slightly tangy, with just a hint of sweet from its ketchup base. Jump to: Amish Sweet Hot Dog Sauce Recipe It can be made from everything from potatoes to beets. Stir into the meat, and continue to simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Recipes / Hot dog sauce ketchup brown sugar (1000+) Hot Dog Sauce. In a medium size bowl, combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. you will like it! They do, however, generally enjoy the extra day off and use it to have a picnic, go fishing, gardening, or just spend the time with family. Tips Cover and cook for 1.5 2 hours on high or 3 hours on low, stirring often. Use this sauce, pickles, and diced onions to make the best tasting hot dog just like J Dawg's hot dogs. Thx. So many different recipes and techniques from people. Step 1 Add the ground beef to a skillet on the stovetop. Bring the sauerkraut to a boil. Please let me know if it seems close to her recipe if you get to make it. Going to try this. Every day we send out a featured recipe and our editor's favorite picks. They kind of start to curl up on the grill a bit and get all blistery on the outside. Im from Jackson Michigan we are famous for coney sauce. To Make the Sauce. Last updated Dec 17, 2022. Hi. Thanks for sharing this recipe. THANKS !! ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Always looking for good hot dog sauce recipe. We had a restaurant in my home town that had the best coney dogs. Have you tried this recipe without the ground beef only using the other ingredients? Go check them out. Thanks in advance! Fry for about 2 minutes. And please come back soon. A hot dog can only be as good as the hot dog itself. Hi. I have that recipe if you ever want it. Pile this homemade hot dog chili sauce over your hot dogs and top with cheese and onions. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring often. Stir into the meat after it comes to a boil. If the hot dog chili sauce gets too thick add a splash of water or a touch more ketchup. Instructions. Your email address will not be published. Im sure its super-fattening! Ive never tried it but I will now! All of you Utah peeps will know what I'm talking about. More Amish Sauce Recipes Theres a place that started out years ago selling their hot dogs & homemade chili & slaw at the State Fair in Lewisburg. haha. I would love to have the recipe from Skeenies and Chriss hot dog sauce. It's a whole new approach and flavor profile for a hot dog and it rocks my world. Pinned and Yummed . Pour the ketchup and barbeque sauce into the skillet. Method: stovetop, crock pot Time: 2-5 hours, Made with ketchup, butter, brown sugar, vinegar, prepared mustard Stir in 1 Tbsp each yellow mustard and ketchup, and then cup water. How did I miss you posting this recipe??? Directions Crumble ground beef into a Dutch oven over medium heat. Thank you, Grandpa Bob! Thank you for visiting and checking out his hot dog sauce. Add enough water to just cover the meat. Stir in water, and mash ground beef thoroughly with a potato masher. The secret of their hot dogs is the j dawg's sauce called "special sauce". Forget ketchup and mustard, this easy JDawg's sauce recipe is the key to amazing hot dogs. The first time I thought it was too sweet so I cut the sugar in half and it was perfect. mustard (regular liquid mustard) 2 tsp. condiment bottle. Add the pureed tomatoes, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and simmer for 30 minutes. Definitely going to make this, love a good chili dog!! Hot dog chili can thicken up quickly before you can use it all. I never ate any of the Yann Dogs but a family friend grew up with those and fixes them frequently. Bring to a boil. Ill be Pinning! Thank you Grandpa Bob. In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water. 1 cup ketchup 8 oz. cup ketchup 2 tsp. That is the best hotdog sauce. Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool to room temperature. More Amish Sauce Recipes Reduce heat to a simmer. Add in 1/3 cup of broth. I love J Dawgs sauce and can't wait to try it on my own. Place in food processor; pulse until mixture is finely crumbled, about 5 or 6 pulses. Upgrading to Coney-sauced chili dogs makes all the difference. Oh my gosh!!! Thanks for sharing! Simmer until thick, stirring, 20 minutes. Combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a small pan. I do have a copy of the one called Yans and am getting it ready to send to you. Im pretty sure I have the original sauce recipe from WV you mentioned. They would wrap them in waxed paper and put them in an empty hot dog bun box to take out. Im going to have to try this out! Stir this often, or it will burn. Delete the sugar or add just a pinch. Thank you . Serve with hot dogs. Add celery salt, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, tomato sauce, honey and ketchup, stir. salt 1/4 tsp. Thanks, Hi. Stir the catsup, tomato sauce, and brown sugar over medium-high heat for 5 minutes and then turn the burner down to simmer. If I cant find it, I will get it again from Bobs friend that has it. condiment bottle. I am going to try your way next time!! No I have not. In addition to the ketchup, there are two more ingredients that enable us to develop flavor quickly in this recipe -- tomato paste and soy sauce. We have a small one. We absolutely love our Slot Dog and use it every time we have hot dogs for a BBQ or to make our favorite camping meals. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Living in WV, ya know which chili & slaw go together. Would this be one you are talking about? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The Magical Slow Cooker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. and sometimes with the extra diced onions. Pour over the hot dogs and stir gently to coat the hot dogs in the sauce. Thanks. This is so interesting. brown sugar US Customary - Metric Instructions: Mix together the spices and sprinkle evenly over the meat. I usually cook mine for 1 1/2 . With the 4th of July and summer barbecues coming up, you definitely, really, absolutely, mustgive this sauce a try. Lol! JDawg's is a famous hot dog restaurant that made hot dogs delicious and popular to eat again. Pam, do you still have the recipe for Yanns hot dogs from Fairmont, WV. Hot dogs and hamburgers! You know what they say, "the secret is in the sauce?" Remove from the heat. My blog is focused on all aspects of grand-parenting with some special recipes shared. If you dont think you would like that much sugar, it would be fine to decrease the amount. This sauce is perfect to make a WV Slaw Dog. We leave about 1/4 cup. Could I get the yanns ( I think it was) recipe, please? Only a 2-3 more minutes of simmering and you're all set to serve! Thank you for the nice comments and the thoughts on pressure canning. Buttermilk Syrup Recipe (Easy Homemade Recipe), How To Make A Giant Balloon Arch For Just $20, The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars You Can Make In 30 Minutes, Best Churro Recipe (Step-By-Step Photo Instructions), Sweet & Simple 12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas (With Printable Tags). Thank you so much. Going to try this one. It's considered to be fairly flavorless which makes it a great liquor for mixed drinks. Heat a large saucepot and add the canola oil. She gave it to me once but over the years, I have lost it. That means the inside gets nice and caramelized. Use a wooden spoon or your hands to break up the beef. Some of our other favorite foods to serve at a cookout areBest Baked Beans Recipe,Raspberry Pretzel Salad,Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, and Classic Frog Eye Salad! Ive got to make this sauce for my husband. Thanks for sharing!! Im definitely going to have to try this. Similar texture as sloppy joes but has a chili flavor. Thats funny. Pinned and shared to #OverTheMoon! It reminds me of my carnival days. I posted it really early on. Have ready a small bowl to collect the excess grease. Looks good, its hard to find a good HD chili sauce out of WV, ive been in Virginia for a few years and the closest i found was Sams hotdogs. Drain any fat. We didnt think it was too sweet and the crowd we fed it to last night didnt think it was. 15-Minute Coney Sauce Recipe. Wrap the hot dogs in foil to keep them warm and to make it more like the real J Dawgs experience! We also had too much red pepper. So, I will make again but cut back on brown sugar by half. Once you eat a hot dog using this hot dog sauce recipe on it, there is no going back. Incredible Hot Dog Sauce. Coney sauce was brought to this country by the Greeks. It calls for 1 C. ketchup & 1 C. brown sugar and that seems like a LOT. I bet he will *LOVE* this addition! Now the suace tastes like candy. I had never had them before and was surprised at how delicious they tasted. These ingredients add an extra savory element to the sauce that works perfectly against the sweetness of the ketchup. Thank you. Congrats to both of you!This wonderful recipe is being featured with most clicks received from last week. Tastes just like JDawg sauce! Your email address will not be published. Made with chili powder, onion, green bell pepper, ground beef, brown sugar, paprika, lemon juice or vinegar, tomato sauce, ketchup or chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce. Leave some on to maintain consistency. Do not forget to comment your link #s so I can be sure to visit and you get a chance to be featured! 42 Meat Soup Recipes Thatll Satisfy Your Meat Craving, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Hot dogs are an easy way to get dinner on the table but why not make it spectacular? I just tried a copycat chili recipe for Dairy Queenit was NOT DQ chili. Looks terrific! I could not remember of it was Williamson or Kermit. Amish365 has another hot dog sauce recipe, it's a little less sweetcheck it out! This recipe sounds wonderful. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes. Recipes, techniques, and tips for guaranteed crowd-pleasers! I used to watch Linda make it all the time while I was going to college there. You will love this! J Dawgs Hot Dog Sauce House of Nash Eats. Forget ketchup and mustard, this is the best hot dog sauce recipe ever. Would it work if I put them in with the ground beef when browning the ground beef? I'm so glad you loved them! Sounds good. brown sugar, 1/2 c. catsup, 1/3 c. tomato sauce. It is sure a personal preference on adding the brown sugar and how much. Just a touch. Method: stovetop Time: 1-2 hours, Made with salt, beef consomme, ground cumin, shortening, bacon fat or margarine, onions, garlic, ground beef, chili powder, bay leaf Its a great recipe I cut back on the sugar a bit and added a quarter tsp of allspice, Thank you!!! 2023 Copyright GRANDMA HONEY\\\\\\\'S HOUSE. It's no ball park, game-day hot dog with traditional mustard. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce. I would like your hot dog chili recipe from Yans please. Copyright 2000 - 2020 Amish 365 | Powered by Touch The Road. Thank you for this recipe! Thank you. Many years ago my previous neighbor had this recipe. I agree that the less fatty meat can be too dry. I'm not a huge fan of meat on meat, but some people like the meat sauce, sort of a hamburger meets hot dog hybrid. The Best Hot Dog Sauce With Brown Sugar Recipes on Yummly | J Dawgs Hot Dog Sauce, Bbq Hot Dog Sauce (ala Annie), The Best Hot Dog You Will Ever Eat (jdawgs Special Sauce Copycat) . . Online since 1995, CDKitchen has grown into a large collection of delicious recipes created by home cooks and professional chefs from around the world. Why the sugar doesnt that make it sweet ? Thank you for checking this out and let me know what you think when you get a chance to make it. Learn how your comment data is processed. Mix all ingredients into a saucepan. We have made it several times now since my hubby got the recipe fine tuned, and everyone has really liked it. This search takes into account your taste preferences. I need to try the crockpot method. And then pair your delicious dog with some french fries. Step 4 Add remaining ingredients and stir. I am also looking for the famous B& Ls hotdog sauce from fairmont, WV. Season with salt and pepper. Thanks for sharing!! It's a little sweet, a little spicy and a lot delicious. yellow mustard 2 tsp. If for some reason you dont get it please let me know. I just told my husband. Pamela this sounds wonderful. Id love to have the original recipe! It originated inasmalltown in WV and was served in a popular restaurant there. If youd like to get to know me a little better,click here. Tag me on Instagram. That couldn't be truer than when it comes to eating a hot dog with this amazing hot dog sauce. Add the rest of ingredients and stir and keep on simmer heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. It is to balance heat and sweet. My Handsome Husband likes to smoke meats and does a little side job catering, pulling his big smoker onsite. Nutrition info is auto-generated. Nutritional data is only for the hot dog chili, not the bun, hot dog, or toppings. And using a stick blender to smooth the sauce out when its done. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see. ketchup, brown sugar, garlic salt, cold water, worcestershire sauce and 11 more. Thank you Bob! A delicious, sweet sauce that turns a drag dog into the star of your backyard barbecue! It has a slightly spicy, tangy flavor that will have people wanting seconds. Method: crock pot Time: 2-5 hours, Made with chili powder, onion, green bell pepper, ground beef, brown sugar, paprika, lemon juice or vinegar, tomato sauce, ketchup or chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce Stir in the chili powder, mustard, pepper, salt . Thanks for sharing. Thanks for bringing this up. Grill hot dogs on a preheated grill until they are heated through and have nice char marks. This hot dog sauce is a JDawg's special sauce copycat recipe. Serve over hot dogs in buns. Hot Dog Sauce Ketchup Brown Sugar Recipes 7,284 Recipes. The beef is quickly browned on the stovetop and then the ketchup goes in. One thing u need to change is your ground beef to a beef heart younotice the difference. Bring to a boil, uncovered. this recipe does 3 - 4 dogs, double recipe as needed. My hubby likes to cook. Ill send it to your email. If desired, spoon out the majority of the grease by first removing the pan from the heat or open flame. Could you send me Pearls recipe please?? Topping it with chopped red onions, cheddar cheese, deli mustard and kraut. Thank you. The Magical Slow Cooker Recipes Dinner Recipe for Homemade Hot Dog Chili Sauce, by Sarah Olson on September 3, 2021 | Updated October 21, 2022 24 Comments. Our family will be enjoying this several times during the summer. Thank you for this interesting information. We should get together and grill hot dogs for the kids some day when the weather is warmer! They are too hot for me. This sounds great. Method: stovetop Time: 1-2 hours, Texans take their hot dogs seriously, and that's why they have their own sauce recipe. Thank you. Aquick-fix coney sauce recipe featuring ground beef, ketchup and the perfect mix of spices. Once tasted ,never forgotten. Thanks for sharing on Sundays Best Linkup. Pour the sauce over the smokies and cook on low for 2-3 hours. This would be a great recipe for a picnic or family gathering. If you are not sure, I would just start with a lesser amount like 1/2 cup brown sugar and when you taste it you could add more if desired. This sounds good! 1 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar directions Add the hot dogs to the crock pot. Only 1 person thought it was too sweet, but the brown sugar can be adjusted to personal preference. That sounds great! Is it overwhelmingly sweet? I moved to Indiana and the hot dog sauce out here sucks. Season with 1 tsp each sugar and chili powder, and then simmer until soft and tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the sauerkraut, white wine, chicken stock and the sachet to the pan. I havent eaten from there. Stir frequently to break meat into small pieces. So much flavor. Add garlic and vegan ground beef, cook for around 3 minutes until everything is nicely browned. I always have them with mustard and onions. haha..he may start wanting a monthly post! Stir well prior to serving. Hot Dog Sauce Ketchup Brown Sugar Recipes 7,263 Recipes. Thank you for posting. Combine ketchup, mustard, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and brown sugar together in a medium sauce pan. Keywords: hot dogs, hot dog sauce, j dawgs, bbq. The flavor combinations cannot be beat! This hot dog coneysauce is quick and easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but also makes for the perfect addition to hot dogs on the grill at your next barbecue.