If you check the bulbs and they are working just fine, this is usually caused by dirty connection plugs. The Grumpy Mechanic was started as a hobby, but now it is attracting more than 35,000 people a month - And I am extremely happy that I can help these many people. Triple Chrome 3rd Third Brake Tail Light Lamp Cover, KISLED 12-24V Extremely Bright Third Bulb LED Bulb, Nilight 50016R 120 pcs Standard Fuse Assortment kit. It also takes a considerable amount of skill to open up and look at the circuit board and be able to tell which fuse is broken. If they are not installed properly, the lights may not function correctly. Finally, if youve checked out the emergency flasher wiring, the lamps, the sockets, and even the turn-signal switch (if your vehicle uses that system), then we bring you to the final possibility. To test your third brake light, apply the brakes and turn the wheel until the light comes on. In this position, the brake light switch changes to an open-circuit. We can also use an ohmmeter to check for continuity between the black lead and body ground. Finally, check to make sure youve replaced the bulbs correctly. Make sure to set the screws aside, as you will re-use them when installing it back. That is RIDICULOUS, Cheryl. Finding such a shorted-circuit, is best left to a professional. The 3rd brake light has been a long time problem for just about all makes and models because of the crappy and super thin gasket around the edge. Yes. Its not uncommon for cargo to do this. Inspect the bulb filament and replace any found bad. Registered visitorsare always invited to leave their comments and thoughts by using the form above. You can test whether or not your Rams brake lights are working all by yourself. This article applies to the Dodge Ram 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Generation (1994-Present). In many cars, there is a special procedure to remove and install the brake light switch. The brake lights and tail lights often use the same light bulb, so how come my brake lights are working but not my tail lights? You need to remove the bulb with a screwdriver and reposition it to solve the issue. Test the switch, as described above, except there should becontinuity when the switchactivated. Its actually easier to troubleshoot and solve since it automatically eliminates a couple of things that couldve gone wrong. Did you figure out the problem? However, no How to Black Out Headlights In such a case, you dont actually have to replace the entire wiring but just make sure that you have insulated it properly either with a rubber tubing or a better wire itself. The center high mount stop lights are designed to be mounted at the top of the windshield and will only work if installed correctly. REAR Brakes lights have 0 volts when pedal pushed. Perhaps one light shines more than the other, or the taillights completely switch off when you press the brakes. You need to take out your vehicles manual and find out your brake light fuse location. Driving during the night without brake lights or tail lights can be extremely dangerous. LED vs. Halogen Headlights Whats the Difference? HOOKE ROAD STEEL FRONT OR REAR BUMPER W/ LED LIGHT FOR 2013-2018 DODGE RAM 1500 $499.79 to $1,149.79 Save up to 5% when you buy more . Third brake light is good, switch at pedal is good, bulbs are good, turn signals good. It is so because you won't know what is happening in the backside while driving until someone points it out. Then carefully un-clip the wiring connector . Step on the brakes and no lights. Dodge Center High Mount Stop Light. Now that you've located the connection point, you'll need to connect the harness from the new third brake light assembly to your connection point. If you see any screws, turn the screw counterclockwise and pull the bulb out. Brake lights seem extremely simple. This being the case, the most likely thing is the . The most likely cause by far for the light not working is a blown bulb. along with the brake light not working, and the outside mirrors did not tilt anymore. Unplug the brake-light switch and if the lights stay on,a short circuitis the case. Look in the trunk (if applicable). Fuse good, has 3.8 volts to fuse. Expert. Although this is a simple fix, visit your local dealer or repair shop if you don't know how to perform this repair. So if not for the brake light switch, who are the prime suspects? I have the same Proverbs somebody tell me how to fix, Sep 9, 2017 by 264112BK. However, if the third brake light is still not working, that means it has been damaged. Had this problem still don't know how to fix it! Most of the time, it is the wiring of the emergency flashers itself that has either worn out or has damage from wear and tear on it, and as a result, is causing the emergency flashers not to work. Remember to also check inside the fuse box for any signs of water, because water can cause circuit shorts in the fuse box, resulting in a blown fuse. www.evilmanufacturing.com. Tail Lights Not Working But Brake Lights Are? No brake lights ,turn signals wipers, or gauges working any ideas anymore, May 8, 2019 by On my 2016 Ram 1500. 264128BKHP. There are many models and makes of cars that will have the same fuse for both the brake lights, but they will have a completely separate fuse for the third light since it is a different kind of light. This video will help you isolate the problem, before you spend money on a new TIPM.Please Join us on Facebook (Dodge Ram Insiders Club)CLICK HERE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1065562884261612Preselected Ram Parts Source:CLICK HERE: https://www.ramtruckers.comYou can get a Fresh Rebuilt TIPM Overnighted Here: CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/3vRcG2zORCLICK HERE: https://ebay.us/poiAxZMulti-Tow 7 Way RV Blade and 4 Way Flat Trailer Wiring Harness for 2000-2009 Dodge RamCLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/3Z8onyhGenuine Chrysler 56055632AC 7-Way Trailer ConnectorCLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/3ib8I0DHitch Pin Lock with Anti-Rattle O-Rings for Trailer Truck Car Boat(2 Pack)CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/3CnuKE1Integrated Electronic Trailer Brake Controller (Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 4500 5500 2016-2018)CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/3i9vRk7Genuine Dodge RAM Accessories 82212195AB Trailer Tow Wiring Harness for 5th Wheels and Gooseneck Trailer systemsCLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/3InUvrGBRAKE CONTROL \u0026 WIRING HARNESS (95-09 DODGE RAM 1500 2500 3500)CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/3VTuPXi Thank you! So, if your brake lights are not working, it could be that this fuse has blown and needs to be replaced. There is also a chance that there is corrosion or rust in the sockets where the light bulbs are installed. Tail lights of your car may not work due to a blown fuse, faulty light switch, bad light bulbs or corroded bulb sockets, bad wiring or a lousy ambient light sensor. Asked by hoaksy Mar 01, 2011 at 05:35 PM about the 2002 Dodge RAM 1500 SLT Quad Cab LB 4WD. richwash1958 The lighting/electrical system is super sensitive on these trucks. In most cases, there is a reason why a fuse is blown. At some point the power is not getting from point A to point B. On this type system, the turn signals and brakes use the same circuit. This way, any differences between the two cars wont affect your results. You will generally find these specifications on the side of the lamp written out, so its easy to find the replacements online. In rare cases, there might also be a broken wire somewhere. Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 - 19) Forums. In the illustration above, assume the red wire is the power lead for the brake lights and that the black wire is the ground for the circuit. 2. Determine the source of that pesky oil leak leaving a stain on your garage floor. Key fob + LED third brake light = fob not detected? If it is, then the fuse is bad. Just trying to get this repeat issue to stop. It takes a long time to notice when the brake lights not working but tail lights are or vice versa. There are other wiring issues within your vehicle system. I replaced the bulb but still not working. There's something about a Mega Cab Dually that's just cool. $129.95. The replacement of a brake light switch in a repair shop can cost from $55 to $115 (part and labor). $129.95. This was over 7 years ago and it's still hooked up that way. Yes, sometimes your lights not working is just as simple as a lamp problem. Usually the heater circuit in this case is controlled by a relay. If it works, fix the ground wire. Now that were gotten the trivial troubleshooting out of the way, this reason could require much more of your attention. Share articles with your friends and join us if you liked the material on this site. 5. While most Dodge Ram trucks in this range are relatively similar, not all came with the same harnesses. Step 1: Locate the Third Brake Light Bulb, Step 2: Remove the Bulb with a Screwdriver, Step 3: Reposition the Light Bulb and Install It. The problem is that you cannot often tell if your taillights and brake lights are faulty. . I had the fiance hold the brake pedal while I would fiddle with it thinking maybe something was loose, but I cant get it to fail on demand lol. @richwash1958. If the contacts stick, the switch may continue supplying power to the lights, though it is released. Smoke LED Rear 3rd Brake Light Cargo Lamp For 2002. It is essential for safe driving, and thats why you must take care of it ASAP. Anybody heard of this or know anything about it? Inside the hood, locate the battery since it holds the key to disable the . With a bad turn-signal switch, the third-light should still function. If it is not, replace the fuse. Early model Chargers (with the original anti-lock brake system MK25) had a relay that allows the brake lights to be disabled by the ABS system. In some cases, there is a plug located in the car floor, and if the floorboard has been exposed to an excessive amount of water, there may be some corrosion. Bulb has been replaced, prongs on connectors checked . 760 Answers. Just thinking outloud on this onebut when it is indicating as out, it is "out" and not illuminatingthen a few minutes later its fine. Both brake lights works except for the 3rd light. If the 4-way flashers do work, it is not the fuse. Search front and rear bumpers for your Dodge RAM 2500/3500 2003-2005 model. Next, check for 12 volts on the white / tan . Be certain to seal any area checkin this manner asthe damaged wiremay cause future problems. The brake light is usually brighter with a stronger bulb than the tail light to make it more visible to other drivers. Removed the trailer lights hook up. The manufacturer informed the contact that the part was on back order and it would take thirty days for . When the third brake light not working on your vehicle, you may wonder what happened. Ram 1500 slt quad cab: No brake lights, just brake lights. Use a screwdriver to remove the bulb from the socket. Press down the brake pedal, do not be rough, and do not touch the gearbox and the accelerator. The most common location is thebrake light switch. Michigan. Check the Fuse. Thread starter justin case; Start date Aug 16, 2011; J. I have a 1995 Dodge I have a 1995 Dodge Dakota and the front brakes are sticking, sometimes to the point of locking up. If the fuse is blown, you should make sure that there is no circuit short on the wirings or in the connector to the brake light. Many things can and do go wrong. I couldn't get my brake lights to work even though my tail lights and Signal lights. Fits 2010-2018 Dodge Ram 2500 3500 Fender Flares Crew Cab. Below listed are the most common reasons behind this scenario. Being without brake lights is not only a citation but can put you and others in dangerous situations. You might be wondering why the third light is working. For instance, the KISLED 12-24V Extremely Bright Third Bulb LED Bulb is a great fit for Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Nissan, Toyota Trucks, and more. Manufacturers equip vehicles with all sorts of lighting. Basically, there are two wires, one is alway hot. Common Issue on Dodge Ram trucks, No trailer turn signal or Brake lights on one or both sides. There are multiple O2 sensors in Ram 1500, how many depends on vehicle configuration and model year. I have Honda odyssey 2011. Start by climbing in the bed of your truck and locating the two screws at each end of the third brake light housing. The switch is located near the brake pedal. If your brake lights are not working, it is a sign that the brake light switch may be bad. I was in my Hemi Dodge ram and this time I was behind her (most of the time I am in front). Analog switches are very straight forward. Byron Johnson, Had my truck worked on and now my brake lights and turn signals don't work, Oct 14, 2018 by Always cut and overlap at the end to make sure there are no gaps in the outline. What else can cause the third brake light in your vehicle not to work? Modern cars have two or more fuse boxes. Bajangan - Wonorejo. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Josh Nelson. On many models, there is a white or tan wire which terminates under the rear of truck bed near the spare. Hopefully, after reading this post, you can troubleshoot whenever you see the third brake light not working properly and maybe fix it yourself. This process will help ensure that your third brake light works correctly. Your brake lights are there for a reason. Lens cover cracked on dricers side. But if the brake lights work with it in park, then the switch should be OK. Is The Jeep Cherokee Frame or Unibody? Purchased new covers (not Ford OEM, made in Taiwan) and Slyvana LED bulbs. Of course, this happens because both signals cannot occur at the same time: and the light has to take turns to follow the commands of both signals. To start a conversation, click our username then select the start a conversation button and send us your make, model year, and mileage for us to review. I had that problem as well I hit some bumps on a rough road it made my bulbs loose I changed them and they worked, Aug 19, 2022 by The statements expressed above are only for informational purposes and should be independently verified. $349.95. This is where I have always found the wires to be broken. This article applies to the Dodge Ram 4th Generation (2009-Present). Voltage and ground at this point show the need to select a midway point. When we release the brake pedal, it returns to the up-position. Instead, they made the computer in charge of the fuses job, shutting off the circuit when it detects a problem. 1993 Chevy C1500 Headlight Wiring - Wiring Diagram . Daniel Defense firearms, parts and accessories, ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 91K/3588hrs, 4.56 R&P/DTT, Sonnax Line Booster, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer-case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" Bridgestone Dueler A/T, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, 2-Speed DCC E-Fan Controller, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars. Dodge RAM 02-08 1500 & 2500/3500 03-09 3rd Brake Light Kit LED Smoked. It's free! There are quite a few things that could prevent the light from working including the brake switch, wiring, a blown fuse, or simply the bulb itself. I replaced the Brake Light Switch but, when I went to shift the truck out of park,I was unable to change gears but my steering wheel would not like. If the flasher relay will let you use LEDs, they make plug in resistors for 921 bulbs, wire the flasher relay to that. ljones, Did you check the "VEH stop" fuse in the left side instrument panel fuse box. A voltage present between the wiresand a ground means continuity on the ground wire should be checked. As you can see, there are a few different things that could be going on if your brake lights don't work but your tail lights do. Aswitch may also slip out of position, increasing the space between the plunger and the pedal. Just hook the clip of the light up to a good ground and touch the two metal tabs on top of the fuse. Flora Owens, had my truck worked on now the brake lights and turn signals don't work. When you press the brake pedal down, it sends this power to the brake lights. Anyone that knows anymore please help, Im tired of it being Friday night and no place is open so then I dont have lights for the weekend. Dodge Ram Fault Codes. Some modern vehicles may use digital sensors instead of a switch. Here is a step-by-step guide to show you how to replace the seal and fix the leak. It's likely very near the bulbs. You might have to adjust the bulbs position slightly if its too high or low. M1 15 amp CHMSL/Brake Switch. No matter what the issue is: your emergency flashers, the turn-signal switch, or brake light fuses, replacing parts and repairing should be a breeze. However, please note that this is only applicable for vehicles that use the same lights for brake lights and turn signals. Just replaced the brake pedal switch. I've seen posts on here about BCM problems, but none relating to third brake light. This article applies to the 2nd and 3rd generation Dodge Ram 1500 (1994-2008). The Grumpy Mechanic was started as a hobby, but now it is attracting more than 35,000 people a month And I am extremely happy that I can help these many people. Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums. Make sure that you do not stretch the seal as you are applying because this will reduce its effectiveness. If the inoperative third light flashes, with the emergency flashers, a fuse is the most likely cause. Dodge ram 1500 starcraft high top conversion van low miles new tires tv. Hey there! Your Rams brake light switch is under the brake pedal. A bad turn-signal switch may interrupt the brake light circuit when it should not. Good fuses mean the most likely cause is the brake-light switch. The stop lamp fuse is in the left kick panel inside the vehicle. When testing your third brake light, use the exact vehicle and set of tires you would typically use. 264102BK. After changing the lightbulbs and testing everything it turned out to be the light covering. You can also win a freeAGCO coffee cup, by reporting any errors you find, withthis form. decided to just go ahead and change the bulbs anyway and luckily that fixed it. You probably could use a standard bulb as there 921 are not much current but an LED would be brighter. The cargo lights & the 3rd brake light freak out upon the installation of non filament bulbs w/o a resistor or some other sort of modification. 1994 - 2002 Dodge Ram HVAC Controls Only Blow Out Of Defrost VentsHope this helps someone fix their HVAC problems. Anyone out there know what is going on with mytruck? There are 3 stop light fuses, 1 for all the stop lights located in the under hood fuse box. Be sure to repair any damage to insulation, caused by testing. You do not need to do this. Dodge Shadow Third Brake Light. If a 7,000 pound weight was pushing you down a hill, could you safely stop? Most brake light problems are fairly simple to find. In some cars, you may also find it in the upper rear lining near the top of the rear window. Copyright 2023 Mechanic Base. This will help the new seal adhere better. Stay tuned with me till the end to find the answers. Do a lot of night time driving? Now back up, sugnal, and tsil lights works, but NO Brake Lights. M18 15 amp Rt-tail/PRk CHMSL/E-Brake. If the plunger of the switch does not contact the pedal, check for an adjustment. Ford Brake Light Wiring Diagram - Wiring Diagram cars-trucks24. CNC Machined from billet 6061 AluminiumUses factory bolt holesIntegrated ga . 4G Dodge RAM - Interior/Exterior Talk. Laramie1997 If none of the brake lights are working, we are going to follow the circuit from the fuse box back to the brake pedal. When the brake lights will not come on, the first thing to check is the third-brake light. Dodge Ram 5500 Third Brake Light. 1984 Mini-Ram Van (Show Van) **TOTM April 2007** In museum now. @earljones. A new bulb can simply replace the old one in its socket. This time, however, I've had the truck back almost two weeks, put more than a few hundred miles on it, it's been through rain, snow, and ice, weather in the teens and the 60sand everything still works! Are you serious! 1984 Ford F250. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I recently purchased a new cab brake/cargo light that is LED. Try the emergency-flashers and if the lamp still does not light, bulbs or sockets are the very likely cause. Your email address will not be published. Compare Products ; Automotive Cams . Those vehicles that don't originally come equipped with a third brake light can still benefit from many of the aftermarket systems available today. Here's how to replace it. On many models, there is a white or tan wire which terminates under the rear of truck bed near the spare. 11th generation 2004, 2005, 2006 : brake light and abs light on 04 f150 - ford f150 forum - community of, 2004-2008 ford f-150 high mount led 3rd fog brake light kit ijdmtoy. 2 in the left side IP fuse box. But, what I ended up doing is transferring the tail lights to the trailer connector. A good way to measure the voltage is at the taillight when you press the brake pedal and do the same thing at the brake pedal switch. Thanks to our readers, I am currently receiving a lot of nice feedback. He recently pulled my flatbead trailer which had a short on the left . All vehicles are equipped with brake lights, but not all of them are equipped with a third brake light. If the power goes away now it is the IPM or forward control module, Below are the wiring schematics to give you the wire colors to test. But it never influences our product selection process. This article applies to the 4th Generation Dodge Ram (2009-Present). If continuity is indicated when released, or open-circuit shows when depressed, replace the switch. Auto Rear Lights Car LED Tail Lights Brake Lamps Assembly for Dodge for Ram 1500 2009-2018 for Ram 2500 3500 2010-2018 Rear Lights Reverse Lamps (Color : Smoked 2pcs) : Amazon.com.au: Automotive Now test the brake light switch. I have the same thing. Make sure to let the adhesive dry and settle for ten minutes or so, and then mount the light housing back on the truck in reverse order as it was removed. This article applies to the Dodge Ram 1500 (1994-2001). PT# 3330190351 The Evil Offroad fully functional 3rd Brake Light Assembly for the 2019+ Ram Trucks is in a league of its own. Checked the bulbs they looked good no breaks or burn spots nothing. If it did not, the lights would stay on and not flash. Honda, Toyota and many other vehicles use these rubber pads and have this problem. Power and ground here, means the problem is in the second half of the circuit. TIPM is a known issue but it's not always at fault. You guys know of any fixes for this? Only a fewthings normally account for brake lights staying on. Th. You would think that they would be dependent upon each other, but oftentimes, that is not the case. Make sure that the harness wasnt damaged in there. Jiffy Lube Vs. Valvoline Oil Change: Differences & Which Is Better. These are sometimes used by the cruise control, transmission and other systems. If you need to you can login here or register here. I can move the selector switch to any position and nothing happens. 360/727/NP203 D44/9&1/4. Solution: This issue takes the longest to diagnose since there is quite a bit of ambiguity over what component is to blame. It can also be caused by a blown fuse, a bad brake light switch, or issues with the wiring. Locate the continuous power to the driver side brake light assembly. If you have the third or dedicated brake light (the one not in your tail lights), check the harnessafter they diverge. 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4x4 SLT+, 5. The service cost for replacing the third brake light can vary from $50 to $150, depending on the size of the bulb. The most common cause of this issue is a faulty connection between the third brake light and the wiring harness. This article applies to the 4th Generation Dodge Ram 1500 (2009-Present). If you are unsure what bulbs you should use, I recommend usingthird brake light bulbfrom KISLED. After you replace it you got to clear the codes on the control module. Try to finish fixing your brake lights as soon as possible since it is illegal, not to mention dangerous to be driving around without functioning brake lights. A lack of power or ground shows the first half holds the problem. The third brake light on your car is not working means the light bulb is either out or not working properly. Well go into more depth on that below. Search front and rear bumpers for your Dodge RAM 2500/3500 2003-2005 model. Itll be clearly labeled. Trace the wiring on both sides from the bulbs towards the cab. If you find a loose wire, tighten it securely.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[468,60],'engineneeds_com-banner-1','ezslot_11',117,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-engineneeds_com-banner-1-0'); If you still experience problems after inspecting the connections, replace the third brake light. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. 77 W200, 360/727/NP203/D44HD/D60 (Wifes Toy) 77 M887- 318/727/NP203 D44HD/D60. Odometer amp speedometer not working ABS amp Brake warning. If youve identified the problem as the lamp issue you already know what to do. How Long Does It Take to Change Brake Lights? mountaingrizzbear. Are you looking to going over to the dark side? Here are some of the most plausible reasons why youre facing issues with your third light but not your regular brake lights: There are a couple of things that could go wrong with your emergency flashers. Why Is My Center High Mount Stop Light Not Working? 78/86 Ramcharger. There is a high chance that, due to an electrical surge, the brake light fuse has blown. You have to go old-school on this one and open up the compartment to check out the fuses in for the circuit. Guide the wiring down toward the driver side tail light "pocket.". It is not likely a ground problem. I hooked my truck up to his trailer and all the lights work. Related Parts. But the question is Where?. There could be an issue with frayed wiring, wiring that has lost its ground, or a short/open situation. If you want to protect your third brake light from scratches and dirt, I recommend using the Triple Chrome 3rd Third Brake Tail Light Lamp Cover. Once youve established that your vehicle uses the same lights for brake lights and turn signals, you can work on understanding whats wrong with your turn-signal switch. Dually fender flares removed from a '98 Dodge 1 ton diesel pickup that was parted out. Dodge Ram Exhaust/Smoke Questions. Any Two Fenders Ship "Free"!. The wiring diagram shows which terminals to check. Can I Go to the Roads Without a Brake Light? Every time I have my mechanic plug in his tool into the OBDII port. A quick way of narrowing down the area is to put something on the brake pedal to turn the brake lights on and then shake the wiring harnesses. I had the same issues. With the pedal released, the brake-light switch should be pushed to its full offposition. Driving without the brake lights working is just as unsafe as if your Rams brake lights were stuck on. Recall no. Get a Quote. Also check if the dome lights work. Use your razor blade or knife to carefully strip away the old seal. I was going to say check the brake switch but since the third light is working there is nothing wrong with the switch. If your brake lights and turn signals are not working but the third brake light is working I would go with Nope's answer and check the wiring for a broken/bad wire. Camper Shells VS Bed Racks. Pretty much the fuse (#19) and brake switch, both of which you've already checked or replaced. This makes it possible that one circuit is functional, and the other one is burnt. Bad Brake Light Switch. Install and secure third brake light with screw driver. Installing a light fuse can protect a car from short circuits, overload, etc. My qestions is does the entire thing light up in the daytime or is this normal and the way . I'm Robert Lozano A great passion for engineering has fueled my desire to share my skills and educate others on challenging engineering terms and topics. I have a 2007 Kia Spectra, and while my tail lights, turn signal lights, and 3rd brake light all work fine, my two tail lights won't respond to my brake being pushed. Locate CHMSL wire under the truck bed near the spare tire. The most common cause of white smoke is a blown head . If not installed correctly, the switch will not operate and can even be damaged. Better safe than sorry! In rare instances, the brake booster may fail, and the pedal will not rise enough to contact the switch. Engine Smell Diagnostic You can also measure it with a multimeter to be sure. The good news is they are inexpensive and easy to replace. Staffed M-F 7:30am-5:30pm EST by the Stellantis Social Engagement Team. Does it Change with Time? It could be a grounding problem somewhere in the system. You can test the brake light switch with a multimeter to make sure you get a connection when the brake switch is released, and no connection when you press. If it blows more than once, its likely that your Rams wiring harness has been damaged on the way to the brake lights. My 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring passenger brake light doesn't work I replaced all the bulbs with LED's I thought it was the bulb and the passenger one still doesn't work. A bad brake switch is a common problem when your brake lights are not working. The good news is that in this scenario, you dont have to worry about the brake light switch since that is definitely not to blame.