We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Phone calls must be made during "reasonable hours" only. I contacted this Convergent outsourcing thinking they were a business that fights for the rights of consumers. This is an attempt to collect a debt by a debt collector, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. If push comes to shove and you need to take legal action, its your word against the agencys. However, I'd rather pay the full amount than go back and for the next few weeks with Sprint trying to hash out a couple hundred dollars. My secondary goal is to get this removed ASAP. We believe in customer service and want to make it easy as possible for people to pay the debts they owe. To find the most relevant information concerning collections or credit card inquiries, please visit: https://money.com/how-to-remove-collections-from-credit-report/ or https://money.com/get-items-removed-from-credit-report/, Money Group, LLC :'(. Copyright 2001-document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Fair Isaac Corporation. So, now I'm not sure how to handle this. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. We do send updates to all applicable credit reporting agencies for some clients weekly; we also request that they update a consumers credit report to reflect any payments. I was a month to month plan. Your account number is located on the top right-hand side of the letter sent to you from Convergent; it will start with a letter of the alphabet followed by a number (i.e. The agent asked some questions, and at first I thought I was talking with someone from Sprint. The FDCPA prohibits a debt collector from engaging in specific forms of harassment, including: While Convergent Outsourcing claims to provide its representatives with FDCPA compliance training, its still possible for a representative to commit an infraction. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The letter needs to explain the reason for your late payment and why youre requesting removal. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Thank you for visiting Convergent Outsourcing to make a payment on your account. FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Originating in 1950, its current headquarters are in Renton, Washington. Cloud Minnesota, Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. Bothersome Calls Apparently From Convergent Outsourcing Renton Washington, CONVERGENT OUTSOURCING. All rights reserved. - Send an email to the executive office letting you know you paid in full directly asking to have it deleted. He confirmed that after paying CO, Sprint would delete the account from my CRs. If you have an account with us, we're here to help! So, I called the number, and got on the phone with an agent. If they say no, you can still try further. I never signed a contract). ". They include a place for you to fill out your CC information or bank account information and smoothly send in the money. No luck. As of April 1st, 2020, Sprint is now part of T-Mobile! Convergent Outsourcing does not accept payment in exchange for credit deletion. @new_earthThank you for sharing. Collection companies typically only agree to this if you paid the debt and havent made any late payments since. If everyone got a successful deletion after missing a payment for any reason. West Palm Beach Florida, Tuffy Tire & Auto Service Center Mavis Tire & Brake Charged Nearly $700 for Non-Fix Bay City Michigan, Lighting New York lighting by Jared Sent damaged product wont refund after I sent back damaged product website description is fake, Tara U THEY SCAM THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WITH THEIR FLOWER ORDERS. I'm suprised they just won't delete it since it's paid and they were notified. I was told I owed Cox communications 200 dollars from over 5 years ago. I paid them a lump sum to settle the account. I confirmed with T-Mobile that my account is 0. Oaks, Pennsylvania, Convergent Outsourcing Inc get me to pay $277.36 for a outstanding bill Renton Washington, galaxy asset purchasing Convergent outsourcing,inc saying I owe $6,020.64 Renton Washington, CONVERGENT Outsourcing, INC ACT HOLDING Montgomery Alabama, Convergent Outsourcing Inc. Convergent outsourcing False collection notice Re: PayPal account Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing Inc. Galaxy Asset Purchasing, LLC Attempting to collect on a false debt Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing Inc. ATERSO01 as return address This notice is being sent to you by a collection agency. Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing Inc. Scam- Trying to collect a paid AT&T account from 16 years ago Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. Companies across the United States contact us to help them recover debts. I have the same collections from sprint thru convergent outsourcing on my credit report. Some dont. Bogus Celebrity Advertisements FACE & Skin CREAM Ripoff! I let him know I didnt make this bill. He said all he could do was put this note in my file. As an accredited agency, all of our representatives take part in a thorough customer service and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) compliance training program, which we follow up with ongoing training and quarterly testing. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. I owe 1,700. Sprint Trainer at Convergent Outsourcing . But like most debt collectors, it has a questionable reputation with its customers. If your attempt to remove an entry due to inaccuracies is unsuccessful, you can try to negotiate a pay-for-delete settlement. You may find that it wont budge, even after you try the strategies above. Since I paid what I owed to Sprint how can they possibly own this debt? I HAVE NEVER OWN A TOYOTA! Just because you paid Sprint off doesn't mean that it gets it off your report. Bryan Sankey is a Sprint Trainer at Convergent Outsourcing based in Renton, Washington. They said they didnt do that when clearly they did because it is listed as paid on my credit report. Payment FAQs How do I find my account number? Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. 800 SW 39th Street, Suite 100Renton, WA 98057, 800-444-84857 am to 5 pm Pacific TimeMonday to Friday, New York City Residents: Please be advised that language access services, including the translation of information into a language other than English, may be available. Drug Rehab Deception Addiction Treatment Industry Rocked By Fraud & Abuse. We value your privacy. They need to be investigated for fraud!!! They also collect medical debts. . If its still there, contact the agency and remind it of the agreement, and make it clear that you wont make another payment until it removes the entry. (Sales might work too, you just want someone who can take your payment). Convergent Outsourcing received and responded to numerous requests for validation as well as requests for credit deletion in exchange for payment. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. It collects on behalf of companies and businesses in a variety of industries, including: Health care providers Telecommunication suppliers such as Sprint and T-Mobile Financial institutions Has your experience with this business or person been good? On 07/06/2020, Sprint notified our office of a payment in the amount of $834.26. It was easy and if you've been harassed by them you need to do this. Calling you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. Misrepresenting itself or information about the debt, Attempting to collect a debt after the statute of limitations expires, Reporting false information about the debt, Contacting you at work or at a time you say is inconvenient, Contacting friends, family or coworkers regarding your debt, Calling you after you request contact through U.S. Mail only, You pay the debt to Convergent Outsourcing, Convergent Outsourcing deletes its entry on your credit report. Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing , Inc Galaxy Asset Purchasing , LLC I recieved a bill past due in the amount of $4,505.44. Additional original Creditor they claim to represent is PayPal Account from Comenity Capital Bank, additional website to pay your account www.payconvergent.com. Except when it drops off the credit report. If you cannot afford to pay your debt in one payment, our representatives will work with you to setup a payment plan. All FICO Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO Score 8, and may include additional FICO Score versions. This outsourcing the initial collections is not that uncommon. Further dinging score. Renton Washington, Bank Fraud, Credit Card Service, Collection Agency, Convergent Convergent Outsourcing Inc Sent me a notice stating they are gving me an opportunity to settle debt of $5,198.45 for the sum of $1819.46 Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. Galaxy Asset Purchasing, LLC Sending Letters and calls for debt collections Renton Washington, Tempoe LLC Convergent Outsourcing Inc. Many factors affect your FICO Scores and the interest rates you may receive. They offered a settlement of 50% Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing, Inc claim I owe $1,320.69 to AT&T Wireless, called AT&T never had acctin-stor e or archive Dept Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing Inc This is not a real collection agency! So I wonder what step to take to file a claim against this company. If you have an account with us, were here to help! So from what I am seeing, either way, Convergent can legally have it on your report. This payment will be updated to the credit bureaus and they will be notified that the account is paid in full. Renton Washington, Convergent-Tex Convergent Outsourcing, Inc., a/k/a Midland Funding, LLC, d/b/a Midland Credit Management, Inc., in Los Angeles, CA 90060-0578 stating original Creditor - Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. You also are directed to manage your account at midlandcreditonline.com. thanks, just paid it. What the BBB has done to consumers for over 100 years is one of the many reasons why Ripoff Report was created. I found out that Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. is a SCAMMER company. Hence, the persistent phone calls and emails. I just went through this, except the CA for mine was ERC. The agencies are much more likely to sue now then in the past, even over small debts. They are billing me for something I've never had from them. After calling they immediately brought it down to 1,000 but they said they will not pay to delete. I paid them today, now waiting to see what will happen. Convergent Outsourcing was the most recent CA to report on this debt. I asked her if Convergent owned the debt. I have never had an account with Verizon! It is very important to do your own analysis before making any investment based on your own personal circumstances and consult with your own investment, financial, tax and legal advisers. He said this Teresa ** could have had this phone number before it was given to me. She said that Convergent does not buy debt, they only attempt to collect the debt for other companies. This company does not follow FCRA laws and should be sued into bankruptcy for all the hard they do. SCAM! I suppose they need to provide: Proof of contract - with sign-on and termination dates. It's advisable to send a debt validation letter via certified mail to get confirmation of receipt and to create a paper trail. For more than sixty years, Convergent has worked with clients in process outsourcing, revenue cycle and receivables management. This one so contrived, premeditated, using a fake name and explanation. Our representatives will contact you in accordance with FDCPA standards in order to secure payment on your debt. In business since 1950, Convergent is one of Americas leading collections agencies. Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Phone (877) 317-1200; They are currently debiting my bank account to satisfy an account they declare I previously had ownership of that I do not recall. I want it removed entirely. How does that work ? I called sprint, who was very eager to accept a payment to confirm if this was true. How do I know I can trust these reviews about Convergent (formerly ER Solutions, Inc.)? I have a collections account being reported by "Convergent Outsourcing". I was able to settle account for $500, which is a victory as the original amount was $1083. Typically, Convergent Outsourcing is a tough egg to crack. https://money.com/how-to-remove-convergent-outsourcing-from-your-credit-report/. Phone 2 hrs, transferred numerous times and then they hang up! New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Join our community, read the PF Wiki, and get on top of your finances! FAQ. I had new devices on T-Mob so any blacklisting didn't affect me. If Sprint is willing to take payment, they will recall the debt from Convergent, Convergent has to remove the account since they no longer have rights to collect, and sprint has no reason to re-add the debt since they are paid off.. (sprint re-adding the collection is the unsure part) Not gonna say 100% but this is how it worked with T-Mo.. Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. is a third party debt collection agency and member of ACA International with over 60 years of experience in the collections industry. Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. Further information is available in our FICO Data Privacy Policy. All FICO Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO Score 8, and may include additional FICO Score versions. also adviced them that this account had beeb included in ,identity fraud with a police report Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing Inc Renton Washington Location Claimed I had a Verizon amount owed of $800. I called Sprint to try set up payment but whenever i ask to pay and if account will be recalled they give me Convergent phone number to call. https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/chat.html, https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/. Unbelievable!! I received a collection letter that I owed T-Mobile 166.80. Convergent was adamant about not removing but Sprint was fast acting and informed them to remove the account. Start by offering to pay Convergent Outsourcing half of the amount you owe and negotiate from there. Opinions are our own, but compensation and in-depth research determine where and how companies may appear. ConsumerAffairs is not a government agency. I called CO and attempted a PFD (just in case Sprint CSR was full of hot air). Our company complies with the standards outlined in the FDCPA and values both professionalism and customer service. You can enter your email address to have a copy of the chat transcript emailed to you. Note: I recorded both Sprint phone conversations. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Improving your credit takes time, but its worth it. FTC's website on credit. Convergent Outsourcing is one of America's leading collection agencies, adhering to the FDCPA's guidelines . They said according to sprints policy they cannot delete from the trade line. REBUTTAL BOX Like it or not. 11/30/2022 3:48 PM. If Sprint is willing to take payment, they will recall the debt from Convergent, Convergent has to remove the account since they no longer have rights to collect, and sprint has no reason to re-add the debt since they are paid off.(sprint re-adding the collection is the unsure part), Not gonna say 100% but this is how it worked with T-Mo. Really think they have likely moved/moving to T-mo collection policies. They are a scam. Therefore, its important to understand your consumer rights to prevent Convergent Outsourcing from walking all over you. We sent you several validation notices. That's if they're reporting. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Convergent Outsourcing help. Sprint as a matter of policy does not remove the bureau reporting for paid debt as this would violate their agreement with the agencies and the credit bureaus. OC and CA are in no way required to delete.