Quote History. Please specify which heat shield you want attached to the bayonet lug when ordering. 1897 Winchester 12ga. https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/1897-pump-action-shotgun-12-ga-20-barrel.html. Without them, it will eventually slide forward. Charles Daly 930317 Honcho Tactical 12 Gauge 5+1 3" 14" Blued Steel Barrel, Aluminum Receiver W/Black Finish, Synthetic Bird's Head Grip & Forend, Auto Ejection Honcho Pump Shotgun 12 ga. 14 in. When on the stalk or when hunting or ready for immediate action chamber loaded is a different story. Not sure what the threads are for the Cimarron model 1897 riot, so you will have to check your threads and see if they are the same. if so, then leaving the chamber loaded with the hammer down is a safe carry or ready condition. Sept. 2, 2022. Winning bid: US $176.00 [ 6 bids] shipping. There were Norinco 1897s but they have been banned from importing to the US. I am no stranger to pump-action shotguns. The original are designed to pass through and thread onto the other side of the heatshield. U.S. WWI Winchester M-1897 Trench Gun Ventilated Barrel Jacket Heat Shield with Bayonet Mount These might help: Converting a Winchester model 1897 to a "trench gun"? Replica Winchester Model 1897 WWI Trench Gun 12 Ga by Norinco. The news was delivered as he displayed his personal Winchester 1897 trench gun from WWII, a very well-maintained example featuring a U.S. property mark and flaming bomb stamp. How is the Cimarron 1897? Cimarron, 1897SG, Pump Action, 12 Gauge, 20" Barrel, Blue Finish, Walnut Stock, Fixed Sights. [wp_eStore_category_products_fancy id=12 style=2 order=3] $22.90. There were Norinco 1897s but they have been banned from importing to the US. The other gun.?? Should be in the gun shop next week. I would guess this could be removed if one wished to use it without the heat shield ? Looks like vent shield was cut down. MODEL 1897 WINCHESTER TRENCH GUN 20" 12GA, US GOVT MARKING SN#674575, NO CC FEES! If you buy a product from us and decide you dont need it, dont want it, or just didnt like it, well take it back any timewith only very few exceptions. But it had been bead-blasted and blued and someone had put a recoil pad on it with a white spacer (yuck) on it. There is no good reason for leaving a shotgun or rifle chamber loaded in the home. Home Firearms The 97 Wild Bunch Shotgun. Cimarron brought a few to Winter Range and no heatshield on those either, so I asked Joe (A.D. Texaz) and he said none of them have the heatshield, so the original email was mistaken. The price for the Cimarron 1897 was in impulse territory for me, so it was very tempting. Cimarron 1897 shotgun By Houston CAS March 27, 2017 in SASS Wire Start new topic Houston CAS Members 744 Gender:Male Location:Houston, TX Interests:camping, football, soccer, tailgating, barbecue SASS# 100053 Texas Historical Shootist Society Posted March 27, 2017 There was a vendor at Trailhead that had a new Cimarron 1897 shotgun. x 25 TPI. The shotgun has some advantages over modern designs other than the lack of a disconnect. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. We got it to fit perfectly while lining up the grooves for the screws to pass through. Norinco Model 1897 Trench Shotgun in 12 gauge is a contemporary reproduction of the WWI and WWII Winchester Model 1897 Trench Shotgun. Perfectno problems, made in 1902-1903. Shooting Surplus. Free shipping on orders of $199+ |Use Code: SITESHIP | Restrictions apply, Offer ends 3/5/2023. The barrel should be 20-inchs versus 21. Heat Shield with screws for Winchester and Norinco/IAC 1897's - New Reproduction (Copy) | Classic Old West Arms Blog back to Homepage Heat Shield with screws for Winchester and Norinco/IAC 1897's - New Reproduction (Copy) 26. document.getElementById("copyright_year").innerHTML = new Date().getFullYear(); CIMARRON 1897 PUMP 12GA. The first batch from them was some years ago and had some issues. Will ONLY fit P14 & P17 bayonets. I own an original; a 1957 model that has been cut down into a riot gun. Smooth pump action & rapid fire capability. C Troop 4/7th Cavalry With a five-round tubular magazine fed by a helical coil spring and featuring a reliable slide action the '97 is a rugged serviceable shotgun. In a video published in September, Cimarron Firearms CEO Mike Harvey announced that hes chosen the 1897 trench gun as Cimarrons latest project to bring to market. Specializing in Winchester, Norinco, and IAC 1897's. The 97 is the only gun I do gunsmith work on. And .. TA DA .. you can't use it in CAS. CMP Introduces New National Air Gun Event for Adult and Junior Athletes, CMP, Military Teams Conduct Variety of Educational Courses at the 2021 National Matches. The Model 1897 is the exception. Can only use it in Wild Bunch. We Shot Our Way Out of That Town - The Shooter's Log, Throwback Thursday: Taurus Judge Range Report, ATI Milsport SGA 410 All the Advantages of an AR in .410, Ruger SR1911 LW Commander The Lightweight .45 ACP, Rifle Hack: Sighting for 100 Yards at a Distance of 25 Yards, Throwback Thursday: All About Bullet Grain. We have what you need. Outside may take longer. I have compared the 97 clone to the Remington 870 and even the Benelli Nova Tactical. Cimarron 1897SG: CIMARRON. Been Poo Pooi'd. An 1897 with a "Heat Shield" is a "Trench Gun." 9 0 0. I also fired a representative example of the Fiocchi reduced-recoil 12 gauge buckshot loads. I settled for the plain, short-barrel version with no heat shield or bayonet lug. For more information on Cimarron Firearms and accessories, visit www.cimarron-firearms.com. I already did this with a Cimarron 1897 (same as Norinco in make and dimensions). Fax: (844) 553-1123. Press J to jump to the feed. Posted by George Darlington on Nov 13th 2021. WWI guns had six rivets ground smooth. Maybe Cimarron barrels are different? Kingston, NY 12401 Phone: 866.686.7424 Fax: 877.486.7278 In stock orders will ship within 4-5 working days. My friend hadnt heard from the guy since he left the gun. This is a new batch, so hopefully better. I understand some may say that theres no reason to leave a rifle or shotgun chamber loaded first off with most shotguns it weakens springs, and of course a drop can cause one to discharge. It has a 20" chrome lined barrel with an Improved Cylinder screw in choke, holds five rounds, blued and . Has an 18.5" barrel, mag tube with 5+1 capacity, blade front sight, and slign swivels. Now available: 4 row 19 hole heat shields. Based on the Win 1897 US Military shotgun. : 7.15 lbs. When the United States entered World War I, there was a need for more service weapons to be issued to the troops. Wild Bunch shotguns have been around for a few years in America, and after seeing some use in SASS shoots, they seem to be holding up well. $ 418.50 Add to cart. These grooves are what keep the shield in place under recoil. Does this shotgun have a floating firing pin (ala 1911)? The exposed hammer is the trademark of the 97. All Rights Reserved. Click for Details. Pump Action 12 Gauge Shotgun - Turkish Walnut furniture - 18.5 Proof tested 4140 Barrel - Ventilated Heat Shield - 5 + 1 Capacity / optional +1 Extension available - Tactical Ghost Ring Sights (Fiber Maverick 88 Security Top-Fold 12ga 18.5" BLK 3" Bead, Cylinder Bore ATI Shotforce Top Folding Stock, Pistol Grip, T1897 Pump Shotgun, 12ga, 18.5" Slug Barrel, Black Shiny, Walnut stock, Bottom eject, 5rd12 Gauge, REM 870 EXPRESS 7 RND 12/18/3" Rem 870 Express Pump 12Ga 3" 18" Matte Synthetic Cylinder 3" 7Rd Bead 25077. Please look at pictures as they are part of Condition: New New. Orion Crew Module Designed to Take the Heat. CW4(r) HC Hunt Product Information Review Contemporary Reproduction of a 12 Gauge WWI / WWII Winchester 1897 Trench Shotgun. Winchester 1897 Parts back to Homepage. It is quite acceptable for Wild Bunch. FEES 20 INCH " Cimmaron revolvers utilize standard and powerful pistol calibers. Ill be dipped in outhouse hole before I buy a Norinco gun. Yes, i took some pictures (sorry for the crappy phone quality) but just by looking it looks like it would fit..tightly but fit. Kingston, NY 12401, 2023 Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. Area Code: 937. Winchester M1897 Ejector Spring Screw $2.50 Winchester M1897 Buttplate Screw $2.00 BAR Heat Shield $35.00 1917 Bayonet & Scabbard $89.95 1905 Springfield Bayonet Project $29.95 The Pacific Movie - 1903A3 Package # 1 $895.00 1918 U.S. Trench Knife Model - MARK 1 'AU LION' $39.00 Winchester M1897 Carrier With Cartridge Guide (New) $60.00 (The link I posted below already has this). Rating - 100%. Had been drilled and tapped, I cant shoot open sights well with my vision, so mounted Leupold scope and it rocks. W stamped on side. Mike stated that this gun was going to serve as the basis for their reproduction model moving forward. Photos not available for this variation. Find Lowest Price In Stock winchester 1897 for sale online from over 100 vendors. The Winchester 97 and all other long guns should be treated with the same respect. Rock Island T1897 Trench Gun pump action shotgun in 12ga. Known as the M97 or 97 Trench Sweeper used in both World War One and World War Two. My friend told me you can have it, dont want it. I filed the notches on the barrel on the winchester 1897 and put it on and it fit perfect. Enable Accessibility 800-741-0015 Live Chat Live Chat Facebook Instagram Help Create an Account Login Create an Account Cart (0) View Cart Checkout BrownellsBrownells 75th Anniversary - A Shooting Heritage Menu Products WWII guns had four rivets, but the finishing wasn't as nice as their older brothers'. Share your answers in the comment section. MODEL 1897 Pump SHOTGUN. RJT#-CCC-4251 - Description. 3" 24" MC4 W/RAIL BLK/MO-OBG SYN IJ7002024MOR, AMERICAN TACTICAL IMPORTS SGP DF12 PUMP 12GA 18.5" 3" S.NICKEL DAMAGED BOX< ATIGDF12MPDM, Akkar 111375 Churchill 612 12 Gauge 18.50" 5+1 3" Blued Barrel, Synthetic Fixed Pistol Grip Stock, Ghost Ring Sights, Henry Lever Action Shotgun X Model .410 Bore H018X410, Winchester Repeating Arms 512410395 Sxp Extreme Defender 12 Gauge 3" 18" 5+1 Flat Dark Earth Rec/Barrel Flat Dark Earth Fixed Pistol Grip With Adjustable Comb Stock, Mossberg 50697 590 Cruiser 12 Gauge 6+1 3" 18.50" Stand-Off Barrel, Dual Extractors, Matte Blued Metal Finish, Synthetic Pistol Grip Stock. Bought this to make my own Winchester trench gun. Email Address. Cimarron rifles are available in many models as well and feature a falling block . The Model 1897 Trench grade was an evolution of this idea. So I had already thought of that and so I bought smaller screws and nuts to use in case this happened (good thing too). I do not think I missed much. Cimarron 1897 Pump Shotgun 12 Ga 20" Barrel. I'm wondering if heat shields made for proper 1897's will fit onto norinco reproductions, and if not, how much modification is needed? Then with a rubber mallet and slow, careful work we hammered the heatshield over the barrel and it widened itself up (probably won't even come off now, haha). 1998-1662 1998-09-16. They all sell for $1500 at least. How to Build An AR-15: Your AR Build Made Easy, California Residents: Do Not Share My Personal Information. Basically though here is what I did; It took me and my friend, with his grinding tools, 4hrs to fit the heatshield to my Cimarron Winchester 1897 clone. From what we know, the chinese barrel is also larger than the standard Win 97 barrels and the heat sheild will not fit over it either. It took me and my friend, with his grinding tools, 4hrs to fit the heatshield to my Cimarron Winchester 1897 clone. With the decision to replicate this very popular defensive shotgun, Harveys company, Cimarron Firearms, will be the only importer and distributor of this iconic self-defense shotgun. Cimarron Model 1897 12 Gauge Pump Action, $480. Winchester Model97 TRENCH GUN BAYONET ATTACHMENT SINCE THESE ARE MADE IN HOUSE, IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN QUALITY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO PRODUCE A CERTAIN AMOUNT WITHIN THE SHIPPING TIME FRAME. This series is designed to help you develop a personal defense plan and build the skills to carry it out. Conversion Service: Winchester 1897 12 Ga Trench Gun. The only part that breaks is the ejector spring which is held in place by a screw on the outside if the receiver. During World War I, a special version with heat shield and bayonet lug was known as the Trench Gun. The large ejection port is open more on the top than simply just the side. Contact Information. 88 Security Top Fold 12Ga Blk . With many 1911's and revolver models like the 1860, 1890 & 1862 Cimmaron is a leader in replica firearms. Fit and finish are much better than expected. Lets look first at the great, great granddaddy of them all. Includes repairs to wood cracks that are fixable. Based on the Win 1897 US Military shotgun. I think they are made by the same company (formerly TTN) making the 1878 hammered shotguns. You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. Coffinmaker Logged Queasy Dillo Usual Suspect Top Active Citizen Posts: 167 Boiler Plate Rat Liked: Rating - 100%. Suggestion. 1 kg. Do any of them come with the black receiver like the Cimarron? This gives it a unique design that plants it half in the world of the wild west and half in the modern world. Introducing the Gunsite GLOCK Service Pistol! I already did this with a Cimarron 1897 (same as Norinco in make and dimensions). It is preferable to control firing with the trigger rather than the slide. Yes it is a fixed barrel, according to the add. A little beat up, but in perfect working order. Zillow has 123 homes for sale in Compton CA. I acquired a Norinco 97 at a local gun show several years ago. 3% Credit Card Processing Fee will apply. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. FOREVER. Recoil was never uncomfortable. Leupold Optics provides top-tier optics for hunters, shooters, and tactical professionals worldwide. A trick inherent in the design of the 97 is that the trigger may be held down and the hammer will fall as the action is cycled. Chinese shotguns have never been banned from import to the US. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION. IAC has produced a outstanding copy of the Winchester Model 1897 external-hammer shotgun. Pride of ownership is there, and this piece is a lot of fun. You've got a fixed bbl, right? 's blog. He had been holding it and a rifle for an acquaintance that was going thru a divorce. The 1897 trench gun, a pump-action 12-gauge first designed by John Browning and manufactured by Winchester, is a true American icon. Sounds like I need to wait for the right price on a IAC variant. shotgun. This initial step, of choosing the actual historic firearm to replicate, is what sets Cimarron apart from the competition. MODEL 1897 Pump SHOTGUN. I haven't had a chance to take it out yet but the action feels pretty stiff and the finish does not appear to be as nice as on the old Norinco '97's. Website by Hudson, Product Details & Gun Parts Identification. Please be respectful of others. The heat shield is one of the most critical elements of Orion and protects the capsule and the astronauts inside from the nearly 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit . 2.75" 20" Cylinder Blued Walnut. Thought I would share with ya'll. Love that we have so many in common and I LOVE that you included Pat, capricciosa guam seafood spaghetti recipe, tiramisu recipe with vanilla pudding and mascarpone, diamond resorts and hilton grand vacations, reflection about the period of enlightenment, mcdonald's ethics and social responsibility, motion to dismiss for lack of standing florida, non renewable resources in the rainforest, what happened to the maya in around 900 ce, arkansas lottery scratch off remaining prizes, very high net worth individuals statistics, islamic wishes for new born baby boy in arabic. Free Shipping on orders of $199+ |Use Code: SITESHIP | Restrictions apply, Offer ends 3/5/2023. The pre-existing Winchester Model 1897 was modified by adding a perforated steel heat shield over the barrel which kept the soldier's hands off a hot barrel, and an adapter with bayonet lug for affixing an M1917 bayonet. When you can get it. I have fired this replica of the 97 a great deal. Santa Cruz To Los Angeles Drive, Norinco is one of the main suppliers of arms, armored vehicles and tanks to the bad guys in the middle east. Contemporary Reproduction of a 12 Gauge WWI / WWII Winchester 1897 Trench Shotgun. My Account; Mossberg M500 Pump Shotgun 8-Shot 12 ga, 20" Barrel, bead sight, heat shield. CIMARRON FIREARMS Cimarron Firearms 1897 Pump 12Ga. Shipping: $10.00 The modern clone gun is popular in Cowboy Shooting. This subreddit is for the discussion of Canadian firearms ownership, shooting sports, safety of firearms, Gun Clubs, Firearms groups, advocacy, and the Canadian political effects. Good article on a great AMERICAN classic. Is it the diameter that is off? CONVERTING YOUR PERSONAL 1897: This is the fastest way to get an 1897 Trench Gun conversion. I did.took it to gunsmith, had cracked stock and pump replaced with original copies and had it all checked out. Product #: 1589010 Threads measure 1.1" Dia. Just finished building an M1897 trench gun in WWI style. The barrel needs the grooves cut in it (as the originals). During the test, I used the Winchester PDX to evaluate the shotguns recoilafter all, it doesnt have a butt pad. I am pleased to announce that International shipping of parts for the 1897 shotguns, original and replica models, has been reviewed and found to be legal for Classic Old West Arms to resume shipments of these parts to MOST over seas customers. I really like Cimarron's Trenchgun compared to the Winchester Trenchgun. The shotgun has proven easily handled, and while different, the balance is good. I have 3 Model 97s and 3 Model 12s that I shoot in the SASS Wild Bunch matches. Item information. One of John Moses Browning's classic designs, the Winchester Model 1897 is a wonderful shotgun with a compact action, quick handling and handsome looks. 2.75" 22" IC/IC BLUED WALNUT DA18891222, Cimarron Firearms 1887 Lever 12Ga. Action: Pump/Semi-Auto Hybrid Gauge: 12 Gauge Barrel Length: 18.50" Capacity: 5+1 Armscor Meriva 3-1 Pump Shotgun, 12 Gauge, 3" Chamber, 2 Chrome Barrel Set, 18.5" Cylinder Smooth Barrel and 18.5" Vent Rib Barrel, Black Polymer Stock and Black Polyer Pistol Grip, 5Rd MR25-P101-MC, B&T RBS QD, Suppressor, 7.62MM, Black SD-123257-1-US. it is a handfull. Cimmaron firearms bring classic pistol, rifle and shotgun models to you in a vast variety of calibers, styles, finishes, action types and more. Price: $149.95 Delivery 3 - 6 business days to USA 48. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. Winchester M1897 Sear. If you have an intruder or an opponent one thing you want most of all is the element of surprise and racking a shell is one noisy operation negating any surprise. The wood is well turned out and attractive. A little more info would help us help you figure it out. Our heat shield covers isolate the heat generated by automatic weaponsprotecting those operating the weapons and reducing downtime. cimarron 1897 heat shield. MODEL 1897 WINCHESTER NORINCO 97 12 GAUGE Dallas, TX 75359: New Old Stock: 5/27/2022: OTHER MODEL NORINCO IAC 97 TRENCH GUN 12GA Cedar City, UT 84721: Used: 4/9/2022: $190.00 : WINCHESTER MODEL 1897 RECEIVER, TRENCH GUN, M97 10212 Colorado Springs, CO 80907: Used: 4/9/2022: $755.00 : OTHER MODEL IAC 97 WINCHESTER REPRODUCTION 20 INCH Phone: (814) 834-9451. Just the same, with a bit of practice, this firing mode might be a lifesaver. Brownells is your source for Winchester Model 1897 at Brownells parts and accessories. While affordable, it is of good quality, reliable, and offers a period look that cannot be beat. You can find them for less than $500 easily, I know this is late, but where on earth can you find them for less than $500? Rating Required Name Email Required . I found the shotgun smooth in operation. Action: Pump Gauge: 12 Gauge Barrel Length: 18.50" Capacity: 5+1 Henry Lever Action Shotgun X Model .410 Bore. Mini Me Personalised Doll, Pistol grip buttstock and more. Do feel, Great list! While I fail to see the tactical advantage of this system I have never faced a charging Moro. Northeast Wisconsin. Most shooters attempting a run with the 97in this firing modehit significantly low as they over compensated for recoil. Why did it take so long? Enter for your chance to WIN a room full of guns and gear! Just got a notice that the new 1897 do not have heat shields. Cimmaron revolvers utilize standard and powerful pistol calibers. New, mfg # Corina TPAS. Lady, last time my people got it together we needed most of Robert Lee's backyard to bury the evidence. Turkish Walnut furniture - 18.5 Proof tested 4140 Barrel - Ventilated Heat Shield - 5 + 1 Capacity / optional +1 Extension available - Tactical Ghost Ring Sights (Fiber. Phone 1877 SIXGUN1. 1897 Trench Gun Style Black Polymer Heat Shield for Remington 870 Mossberg 500 Norinco Hawk Most Any Plain Barrel Pump Shotgun For Sale from: Robertson Trading Post | Positive feedback: 99% View | Verified Seller | 29013 Completed Sales View Sellers Items SOLD - $16.00 3% Credit Card Processing Fee will apply. Cimarron 1897SG: CIMARRON. Your email address will not be published. Sign Up & Save Big. But there was little I could do with the Benelli I could not do with the 97 at 10 to 15 yards. August, 2022 admin $ 289.00 Out of stock Category: TRENCHGUN ACCESSORIES for Wiinchester and Norinco/IAC 1897's Description Now, the screws, for anyone looking to attempt this. No springs become weakened and its ready to go in an instant. The Trench Gun features a heat-shield, six-shot magazine, Pattern 17 bayonet lug, and the slam-fire feature that made the M97 famous as a trench-broom. The Model 97 to me is the ultimate shotgun defensive weapon for this very reason. Walnut stock & forearm. So the originals were 8/32's and I bought a box of 6/32's with nuts, spray painted matt black and after some minor grinding work to the existing screw holes in the heatshield we got these 6/32's to thread through without stripping the threading off the 6/32's. Choke tube. The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum 622 West 168th Street 9th Floor, Youll find over 90,000 products from top brands and hard-to-find unique gun parts, firearm accessories, gunsmithing tools, and other products to maintain, repair, and upgrade your guns for work, home, hobby, and protection. Seem to be out across the board, I had purchased mine from here (https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/813820 ) last summer though, maybe they'll restock again? First, all WW I Trench Guns were solid frames, and the serial number you mention is too early for WW I. Winchester never Parkerized any of the Model 1897 (or Model 97) Trench Guns. Many of them have been pump-action shotguns. This loading uses three buckshot balls over a one ounce slug. Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. The reason the Model of 1917 rifle bayonet was selected for use with the trench gun in the first place was . Joe Bomba and Damon Erb, two of the engineers leading the heat shield development process . The 97 Wild Bunch is a great buy as well. 7 birdshot. It came out awesome!!!!! I have owned two Model 97s (still have one), and in trying to load and fire fast in CAS, I cut myself on the sharp edges of the shell carrier when the action is open. 2.75" 20" CYLINDER BLUED WAL, CIMARRON 1889 SIDE/SIDE 12GA. That was 10 years before I saw it and asked about it. Shopping with us is absolutely safe - you never have to worry about credit card safety when shopping here Share your latest AR build or photos from the range with #RangeDayFriday for a chance to win a new firearm! Can I run slugs through it? First produced for American soldiers in the 1899 Philippine-American War, it later received the distinction as an effective trench gun during the first World War. Country: United States. Buying A House With Cash Under The Table, There was no "special" Model of 1917 bayonet made for the U.S.-issue trench guns. Ended: Jan 15, 2023 , 1:09PM. Celebrate Our New Site by Winning our $12,000 Gun Room Giveaway | Enter Here, Suggestion Well this clone uses a slightly larger diameter barrel than the originals and so the heatshield did not easily fit over the barrel. Cimarron is the leader in innovation for old west firearms reproductions and is proud to have created the new models, making our guns more reliable, higher in quality and historically accurate. 2.75" 20" Cylinder Blued Walnut 1897SG-TRENCH, Increase Quantity of Cimarron Firearms 1897 Pump 12Ga. I want to add a shotgun to the collection, specifically the classic trenchgun. Cimarron Originals with Mike Harvey - 1897 Pump Action WWII Trench Gun Cimarron Firearms 6.9K views 11 months ago Winchester Shotguns Part 2: Model 1897 and the Model 1901 The Williams. 111 0 0. Your discussions, feedback and comments are welcome here as long as they are relevant and insightful. I just bought a 930 rounds auto, can unload in less than 4 seconds. I tested it at the range doing clay shooting and numerous slam-fires, its secure. Popular seach, Category Is the heatshield for a takedown? It looks great! Very well made and excellent value for the money. Do you need a Winchester 1897? Press J to jump to the feed. Can be made to fit any 12 gauge with modification. Weighing in at a handy 7.15 pounds, this scattergun is easy to swing into action, fire and reload, during those fast-paced . This item is no longer available. If it is a good copy of the 97 heat shield, it is easily removable and the gun will run just fine without it. Description: Used, in the Original Box, Ready to Ship. So you think i need to get a gunsmith to cut the groves in the barrel for me? "Get it together? Basically though here is what I did; It took me and my friend, with his grinding tools, 4hrs to fit the heatshield to my Cimarron Winchester 1897 clone. You are better off getting an original Winchester. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Type: Pump Action: Pump Caliber: 18.50" Barrel Length: 18.50" Cimarron Firearms 1897 Pump 12Ga. Copyright 2023 SARCO, Inc. All rights reserved. I bought it because I thought it was the best pump gun made Nothing has made me regret buying it. Unless the heat shield and bayonet lug already come with one. We have a few. Wikiarms.com Search Engine Results. Please click on picture or title to see more pictures and description. more info Quick view Add to Cart. Last time I checked Cimarron doesn't actually make the 1897 anymore and they had spotty reliability from what I understand. To do otherwise is a devil may care attitude not well suited to firearms. A sample of the Orion spacecraft's heat shield material undergoes testing in the Laser-Enhanced Arc Jet Facility at NASA's Ames Research Center in California's Silicon Valley on April 19, 2021. Well this clone uses a slightly larger diameter barrel than the originals and so the heatshield did not easily fit over the barrel. You are better off getting an original Winchester. If it is a good copy of the 97 heat shield, it is easily removable and the gun will run just fine without it. go back to the top. Reply. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Cimarron 1897/Numrich heatshield, https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111652/Screenshot-2017-05-07-at-4-203696.JPG. Live Inventory Search.