The usual, but a really fun place to eat day or night. Sunshine Skyway Bridge. What are some highly rated fishing in Saint Petersburg, FL? There are days where we have no lightning and it lightly drizzles or rains a bit and stops for an hour and does it again. It is built around and named after its most magnificent natural feature - Homosassa Florida Springs. The main catches are inshore species like Sheepshead, Flounder, and Speckled Trout. Some of the top species caught on offshore fishing charters in the Gulf include sharks, sailfish, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, and blackfin tuna. Spring and summer are the best time to set off in search of a slob Snook, that can sometimes weigh up to 50 pounds. Best Fishing In Florida Visit St Petersburg Clearwater. Do you long for a dip in the sea and time spent in the sun's warmth? So all you need to do is bring some exploration spirit and fishing gear! People also searched for these in Saint Petersburg: What are people saying about fishing in Saint Petersburg, FL? I always stopped here to rent a canoe. St. Pete Beach Eco Tours. I agree with you, you definitely need a fair share of luck to catch Permit in the bay. No kidding, this is the best fishing pier experience youll ever have in Florida and probably ANYWHERE! I recommend visiting a tackle shop and getting a basic rod and reel combo first. Fort De Soto provides canoeing, kayaking, park trails to explore, and fishing piers. Florida fishing spots maps and GPS Coordinates for the east coast and Gulf coast of Florida. We take off and about a half hour out the captain sees my friend looking at his watch. There were plenty of junk fish like ladyfish but from the time you arrive until you leave, youll be catching something. Dont just say cell phones. Honeymoon Island State Park Beach, spanning four miles, is one of the prettiest beaches in Florida. Awesome ( 720) $$$$. document.getElementById( "ak_js_4" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Replied on January 31, 2022 I fished a LOT in Tampa and St. Pete. So, it was close. Sea trout: St Petersburg has one of the most robust sea trout populations in the state. We are an 8.5 acre farm in Ocala Florida, that offers unique glamping experiences. Almost any baitfish or crustacean can effectively catch tarpon, including pinfish, threadfins, and live crab. I want to take my 12 year old son but dont want to look like an idiot. Some people do just that! St. Petersburg is a Florida city located on the gulf coast in Pinellas County. The #1 offshore deep sea fishing charters! If youre planning on fishing Fort Lauderdale, youre in for a treat especially if you know what to do. document.getElementById( "ak_js_6" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Replied on August 31, 2020 You park your car and walk up toward the water. At 100 years old it is the oldest living museum in St. Pete, and also the last authentic roadside attraction. Talking about top spots for fishing in St. Petersburg, FL is like choosing your favorite child, there just cant be one. I usually went fishing around the Arrowhead Picnic and Fishing Area. From MarchOctober, St. Petes angling population cant get enough time on the water, going after their favorite fighter and acrobat. Sunshine Skyway Fishing Piers - South. Where better to start than the biggest and most popular pier in town? It is a town that is customized for incredible angling for solo fishermen, friends, and family. Arrowhead Picnic and Fishing Area - ideal! St. Petersburg Florida US GPS Fishing Spots (10110+) Last updated on 3/2/2023 3:26:21 . You can drive on and park up right where you want to fish. Kayakers love exploring Tampa Bay and all its riches. The Sunken Gardens is home to over 50,000 plants! If the beach is shallow and the water is clear then twilight . Oh, wait. The most popular tournament is The King of the Beach that happens twice a year, in spring and fall. Situated in Tampa Bay, Skyway Fishing Pier State Park is in St. Petersburg, Florida. Your best bet for fishing in St Pete Beach during fall is always to book a fishing charter.. Our captains are experts in all things Florida fishing, and during the fall months, can take you to the hotspots for inshore and deep-sea fishing. Sep 21, 2020. Perhaps you are a seasoned angler, or maybe you fish How to Fish a Jig for Bass Using specific jigs can be an easy and effective method for certain fisheries to catch more fish. Explore the best places to visit in the city and surrounding areas with our list of the top attractions and things to do in St. Petersburg. Starting in mid-march, the variety of fish is incredible in the, Freshwater fishing in St Petersburg, Fl, is always good, with the bass biting throughout the year, but the peak season for Florida bass is late November through May. 1. Go just less than 2 miles and youll see a sign on your right for it. Well, lets start with 15 different Snapper species, Grouper galore, and a King Mackerel extravaganza twice a year. Fishermen can catch Cobia, grouper, and snapper during charters throughout the year. Shorter excursions will take you up to 20 miles from land, while full day trips can put you on Blackfin Tuna and pelagic species. Its hard to get reservations here even a year in advance. 4.5Atmosphere. Just sum catch and release. Youre welcome to share a few of your spots here in the comments. Im going back!!! of experience and theyll know how to hook you up. In Tampa We have the long-term experience and local knowledge needed to bring you to the best possible spots and to ensure that every moment you spend with us only adds to the overall enjoyment you have . I worked and went to school but I always found time for fishing. The nearshore fishing in the Gulf is incredible with its thriving mahi-mahi, Amberjack, pompano, flounder, 15 different snapper species, grouper, and King mackerel. GPS Coordinates: 27.8886532064604 N, -82.63724871020248 W. This is the exact spot Id start fishing from, but I walked south and into the slightly deeper water from here as well. These are some lakes with a large number of reviews in Saint Petersburg, FL: Honeymoon Island State Park (360 reviews). 1. The majority of the piers here offer up gear for rental, but the St. Pete Pier and the Skyway Fishing Pier are two of the most popular. Saint Petersburg is also known as: Saint Petersburg,St. Usually known for its beaches, Fort Desoto is located on St Jean key, a key just south of St. Petersburg. Experiences taking safety measures. Going in the morning is the best time to fish here, of course. Theres always space and the local crowd is friendly and welcoming. Salty101.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Some have everything you need in one place. Its a known fact that inshore fishing in Tampa is easily some of the best youll find in the Sunshine State. Drive straight toward the beach. Nearshore fishing is typically done near the deep reefs and wrecks closer to shore than open ocean offshore charters. Jan 31, 2022. Sheepshead, Black Drum, Flounder, and Tripletail are all frequent catches, as well as big Cobia, Bluefish, and Spanish Mackerel. If so, there is no better option than to visit St. Petersburg's well-known beaches and have a great time. (727) 241-6106. Hawaii. May 9: Crystal River, City Hall Council Chambers, 123 NW Highway 19. Kids under 5 . Fishing is mind-blowing all over the state of Florida. Someone said you can kayak in there, but they must be out of their minds, there are alligators all over that place. Inshore fishing trip prices. Welcome to Sunshine City, where the sun is in the sky for over 360 days a year, views are breathtaking, and what ties it all together are incredible angling opportunities. Please mention anything.thanks. Other popular fish species roaming the flats and beaches that are common catches while onboard inshore fishing charters are jack crevalle, sheepshead, flounder, and sharks. 99.99% of your customers, like us, would never, ever think about GPS locations. So if you are looking for a unique adventure, Egmont Key is the place to visit when boating in the area. I didnt even mention the St. Pete Pier, Tarpon Springs, Safety Harbor, Pass-a-Grille, Treasure Island, Tampa Pier, Hillsborough River at Temple Terrace, the dozens of great bass lakes, and so many more great fishing spots. Address: 3500 Pinellas Bayway S, Tierra Verde, Florida 33715, GPS Coordinates: 27.63644414294677 N, -82.71699111264857 W. (entrance to park). GPS Coordinates: 27.888272 N, -82.637145 W. This is the exact spot where you can catch speckled trout in seagrass. Or, I should say it like, I usually found time to do my schoolwork and see my girlfriend. 1. Bookmark that page and refer to it later because you should definitely visit this fishing pier if you are in Tampa or St. Petersburg. Seatrout like ambushing their prey from the thick grass in the flats, so these are some of the best grounds to look for them, as well as oyster bars. Even though it is a small pier, it has a lot to offer. Ive fished both coasts of Florida for more than a decade, but Ive been primarily on the West Coast around St. Petersburg. Great places to see it, do it and even better participate in it. Sep 16, 2020. Bella Bravo is an Italian restaurant with delicious wine and American options.Their menu consists of items such as chicken pesto melt and hot Sicilian pizza. Easy to find. Address: 3500 Pinellas Bayway S, St. Petersburg, FL 33715, Opening hours: 7:00 a.m. to Sunset (exact work hours displayed at the entrance). But honestly probably the best pier around is skyway, and merry pier. You can find any kind of fish mentioned before at this spot. What are people saying about lakes in Saint Petersburg, FL? Captain wouldnt have it and heads back to the dock. There is no better fishing state in the nation, for sure. The bait house on the pier is great for picking up fishing tackle, souvenirs, drinks and snacks, rental equipment, bait, and more. These are the best fishing for kids in Saint Petersburg, FL: See more fishing for kids in Saint Petersburg, FL. Youll find this coastal city on the Pinellas peninsula, right between the Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay. 813 471 7762. . Notify me of follow-up comments by email. We have a complete guide on this pier you can see here. 2 nights in a hotel and, for me, paying my employees overtime so I could get away. What did you catch? Set on the Pinellas Peninsula and bordered by barrier islands, St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Pinellas County lie in west-central Florida. Luckily theres plenty of other fish to go for. document.getElementById( "ak_js_15" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Went to skyway pier and had a awesome time. That means both deep and shallow water, with a range of fish to match. Nearby Hotels| Nearby Restaurants. Seeing that the Sunshine City is a smorgasbord of angling possibilities, its hardly a surprise that fishing tournaments are a big part of the social agenda. 1) Fort Desoto Park in south St. Petersburg leads the list on Florida's left coast. Do you yearn for a much-needed getaway along a stunning coastline? Redfish will bite most shrimp or crab baits. I had a kayak and sometimes a girlfriend. A former state record weighing over 9 pounds came from this chain . 01 /02. Snook: Snook are brilliant and hard-fighting fish, making them one of the favorite inshore sport fish among anglers. These are some highly rated fishing in Saint Petersburg, FL: Fishing Charters Captain Billy Miller (5/5). And when theres one hookup, there are many. I was never skunked here, there are just too many kinds of fish to catch. Its literally paradise here! At the sunshine skyway fishing pier, you will drive your vehicle right up onto the pier, park wherever you want, and leave your gear in your car while you fish from the side of the pier. OK, its here and now he calls it Red Worms. Your #1 source for Inshore and Offshore fishing spots in Florida for over 20 years from local guides for trolling, bottom fishing, diving, reefs, shipwrecks, coral reefs, ledges, deep drop spots and more Located immediately south of the Miami International Airport, the chain of artificial lakes known as the Miami Airport Lakes offer some of the best peacock bass fishing in Florida. Camping is available here for $24 per night. Use Fishbrain to view local fishing regulations, read reviews of local fishing spots, and learn what . Lake Tarpon is a hidden gem and a secret honey hole for largemouths. You can often see gar, bowfin, bass, tilapia, and other fish in the water even if theyre 7-10 feet deep. Many offer spectacular panoramic views over the water. All you have to do is choose a fishing spot depending on what youd like to catch. This city is a paradise for fishermen, offering some of the best angling action in West Florida. 12 Best Beaches In St Petersburg Fl 2023 Top Beach Spots. St. Petersburg, Fl is known for its beautiful tropical weather, earning its nickname as the Sunshine City. The area is famous for boating, fishing, golfing, and beachgoing on the famous St. Pete Beach. So, what will it be? You can catch Snapper, Grouper, Mackeral, Cobia, Tarpon, and, my personal favorite, Shark! About a two and a half-hour drive are the famous Lake Toho, and Lake Okeechobee.