We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Its the closest to Mexican Coke, which is what many Mexicans cook their Carnitas in when not cooking in lard (the authentic recipe), and really lifts these carnitas to bolder and better flavours! Please clarify. I basically brought home only the juice from this recipe and bare;y had three tacos for myself. This looks unbelievably crisp and tender! Thanks so much for choosing one of my recipes and following along with me! Try adding one teaspoon cinnamon to that, it adds that what is that I taste factor. Just throw the ingredients in the slow cooker, and your work is done! Wish me luck. Place it in a freezer-safe bag, remove excess air, and seal. Remove the pork from the brine and pat dry. Copyright 2023 Quick-Advices | All rights reserved. Delicious! My husband and I will be backwoods camping out west, and because of heavy forest fires, there is a burn ban (no campfires). Once you have the ingredients, its as easy as putting it in the slow cooker and waiting. I followed it exactly except Im used to making carnitas with lard so I added 1.5 pints of bacon grease before topping off with water. Lets start with the most basic burger buns. Burger buns, or any type of bread or roll, for that matter, gets the job done. But you know what will make the whole process much, much faster? Cheers to many more yummy eats ? Yes I did that today, high pressure on Meat/Stew option, time down to 2hours for a pork shoulder at 2.8 lbs. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "afdfb795aea803fb9700ef5d35e8ad1c" );document.getElementById("d55fec7b51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. That will add more flavor! Ever wonder why Coca Cola or any other type of soda tastes great in pulled pork? I made it in a little roaster oven i have instead of a slow cooker so, i had to adjust cooking time and temp, but it turned out perfectly! Ive found so many great ones here on your blog. Well, you put a pork sirloin roast in a crock pot, cut one red onion and throw that in there, then pour wait for it two soda cans of Pepsi or Coke, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, turn on your crock pot, set it and forget it and then come back 8 hours with two forks, shred and enjoy! So good! I made this for my husbands birthday party. For that I have to know the exact nutritional value of what I eat. I will definitely be making this again. Since the food is hit or miss here in Florida Im always looking for amazing recipes online. So happy to have found this! I have a question from one of my roomates though, how would this recipe change without the garlic and onion? Find the perfect pulled pork side dishes to serve with your tender BBQ pork rolls. For Slow Cooker Pulled Pork: Place pork in slow cooker and pour coke around it. However, I did change the recipe a little by using the spice mixture as a dry rub and smoking the meat for about 6 hours, then putting it in the slow cooker as directed. I also decided to use bacon grease instead of oil, and added fresh, diced pineapple during the frying process. Amazing recipe! Thank you for putting this recipe out here. Can I use coke instead of Dr Pepper for pulled pork? Having people over after work or a after a busy weekend day on the soccer or baseball field? I combined all the dry ingredients, then mashed my minced garlic into it to create a paste. Once foaming from Coca-Cola has subsided, sprinkle with kosher salt. Rinse and pat dry pork with a paper towel. The limes and oranges, along with my frozen roast, created plenty of juices. Serve pulled pork in a sandwich, with nachos, tamales, tacos, burritos, or quesadillas. I made this recipe this week, this is my first attempt at carinitas and they were amazing! Has anyone ever used a full can of coke for this recipe? Thanks for the awesome recipe! This way, I get some pieces that are a little bigger along with the shreds. This recipe couldnt get much better..its definitely restaurant quality. Started on high for about 2 hours and low for an additional 2 hours. 3 from 3 votes Print Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 4 hrs Total Time 4 hrs 10 mins Course Main Course, Main Dish Cuisine American Thank you for following along with me! 2. Add soup mix and coke. What a winner and so authentic tasting! Check out these delicious ideas for what to do with leftover pulled pork. I love love love barbecue (yes, pulled pork is barbecue to me, Im from Florida!) Seeing all the 5 star reviews makes me want to make it even more but I dont own a slow cooker. I want to come to your next taco party! It smells wonderful so Im sure its going to taste as good! Hello! SO good!!! My husband and three teenage boys all loved it and my 14 yr old told me I need to make this again! I love that idea! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! Hands down the best carnitas recipe! Both ways were AMAZING. Does the pork go in first or last in the crock pot? Pull apart the pork using two forks to shred it. This Coca Cola pulled pork is sweet, savory, and impossible to resist! Coca-Cola can easily become your new favorite ingredient when you're cooking large cuts of meat. I loved the recipe. I only have a 3.5 quart slow cooker that I have never used (as its too small) do you think everything would fit in it? Easy Substitutions Use beef broth, chicken broth, mushroom stock, apple juice, apple cider, root beer, or coke instead of dark beer. Set Crock Pot on low heat and cook for 8-10 hours. First time making Carnitas. I am putting it in the crockpot for dinner. Useless if desired. I like to hold one fork steady and gently pull with the other. The result if perfect, tender and juicy pork cooked in the oven, slow cooker or instant pot! One pound of pulled pork will feed approximately 3 people (about 5 ounces per serving). Warmed up leftovers the next day and it was even better. I cant wait to try it for dinner tonight! SO GOOD!!! The citrus is amazing with the pork! Used a real sugar Check brand soda, I cant wait to hear! Youll also want to pick a boneless cut so that its much easier to shred once cooked. Since we are a small family, we cook the carnitas in the slow cooker, as directed. XO. Cook on low for ~8hrs or on medium/high for 4-6hrs**. Yum! Made this today but I sbstuted the oranges for one can of frozen concentrate and it was amazing. I added pork skin along with the butt roast in the slow cooker; I actually used an instapot on the slow cooker setting. I love the idea of using Coke with this! Could this recipe be done in a Pressure Cooker? I am so making this soon! Once you know Your email address will not be published. Heres another side that goes well with pulled pork: potatoes. I read, researched, tested, failed, tested again, failed, researched AGAIN, tested and failed THREEmore times. Republished May 16th 2021. The old guys deep fry theirs in lard. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. Its not the same here. That is great to hear! Way to go! The liquid does soften the meat and adds all the flavor. if it seems a bit dry, i would add some corn starch slurry to the liquid. BBQ pulled pork is a great recipe to have up your sleeve because you can do a whole lot more with it than just add it to rolls. Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 9 hours Total Time 9 hours 10 minutes Ingredients 7 lb Pork Butt 1/2 onion, sliced 2 cups bbq sauce 10 oz Coca-Cola 1 teaspoon garlic powder Salt and Pepper, to taste Instructions Welcome! Then just the continue to warm the back sides of the torts for about 10-15 seconds longer and VOILA. Cook for 8-10 hours on low or it is super tender. Leave slow cooker on low, or warm, to keep things hot until you are ready to serve. Remove from slow cooker (Meat should basically be falling apart. Hi Gary, I bought two bottles of Coke in case 12 oz wasnt enough, so I had to add more. What kind of wood did you use for smoking? Sounds great! Add cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, corn and pulled pork to a mixing bowl and mix well until smooth and combined. Excellent, traditional tasting recipe, and does it all without the mess of lard! Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Time should really not be a reason for not eating at home. this is seriously one of the best carnitas recipies. Ive made this a couple times now. I mentioned making this to my husband and he very helpfully came home with an 8lb. Use a. Chop onions and cover the bottom of the cooking pot. Its the only one I use anymore. Try Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, or Cream Soda! Our recipe for Texas Pulled Pork is still my go-to! Pour it over the pulled pork, and voila! The ingredient we use in this carnitas recipe is Coca Cola. The pork is cooked in root beer all day long. Cover and set on high for 5 hours or low for 10 hours. Do you have instructions for making this in the oven or on the stove? Pulled pork has such an intense barbecue flavor that youll want something starchy to dial it down a bit. The result was deeply flavorful with just enough of a sauce left after I skimmed off the fat. If you dont like the sound of this particular carnitas recipe, try my. Yes this recipe was delightly AMAZING!! Add first pork butt or shoulder roast, 1 liter Coca-Cola, onion, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to slow cooker or covered baking dish. Coke Pulled Pork Coke gives pork such a great flavor. Are you married ? Weird question my family doesnt eat pork but i used to live carnitasdo you think this could be done with chicken? Wow thats so good to hear! That is a great idea! . Since I have two grown sons quarantining with us, plus my husband, the slow cooker is too small. Use it in tacos top with onion and corn relish! Its because coke/dr pepper have caramelized sugar in them, which tastes good in slow cook. You made my day Victoria! My husband says its as good as the mexican restaurant down the street (southern california so its the real deal lol). How does the cooking time change if using an Instant Pot? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Im making this for the second time today. Ive currently got this in the crockpot and it already smells amazing!! Pulled pork is such a versatile dish you can do absolutely whatever you want with it. For more tips and some fantastic options for how to use any leftovers, check out our Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork. Everyone asked for the recipe! Put back in the fridge for another 12 hrs. Made the recipe as written, then served them with a broccoli slaw and cheese as toppings!! Learn how your comment data is processed. I like using a creamy dressing to contrast the sweetness of the pork, but you can also use vinaigrette. Seriously this came out so good!!! 24 (2 cans) Dr. Pepper (or any caramel colored soda pop, each will provide a slightly different flavor), 1 medium onion, cut in quarters and then again in half, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on personal taste.). Make sure you dont run out of liquid during the process. Serve with crunchy slaw and sweet potato fries. I am so glad that you all loved it enough to keep it around! Brown on 1-2 sides in small batches. This was AMAZING! Im making this for the first time today! How is it done? OH my gosh! Id really appreciate the feed back! I used a diet coke with trepidation because you just never know. We always top these tacos with a squeeze of fresh lime, diced onion, freshly chopped cilantro, and a drizzle of Trader Joes jalapeo sauce. It has marbling of fat throughout for a super juicy and tender end result. There are good restaurants here, but they are definitely harder to come by. And loaded with flavour right through. It can be made in a slow cooker or instant pot and only uses five ingredients! Just five ingredients and into the crock pot it goes. Will be following this recipe website. Use it in a sandwich! Karina, can you use something else other than cola? I used the oven method of crisping and added a little more liquid, but tended to skim the top to get the fattier juices.
Disney Transportation Time Calculator, Ruston High School Principal, Do Gophers Eat Bougainvillea, Oracal 651 Cut Settings Cameo 4, Houses For Rent Under $800 In Las Vegas, Articles W