You have arrived at The Lick Loft! Find out their differences in sound, playability, build quality and value. Both will work perfectly in most band settings, though. The Vinteras are essentially the Mexican counterpart to the American Original Series, whereas the US version of the Player would be the American Pro series. However, this size usually means that the crown width is narrower than most modern frets, but the height is a bit taller than the usual vintage fret. Obviously a Tele pickup sounds different to a Strat pickup, but theyre all made using the same magnets and wiring. 216.137.177.227 #fendertelecaster #guitarshootout #guitar #fender @fender Welcome to this guitar shootout between the Fender Vintera Telecaster and Fender American Original Telecaster! Its one of my favourite guitars and a real workhorse. American Original 50s stratocaster in White Blonde! The pickups were specially designed for the Fender Player series. Still, below we'll try you to give you our results as objectively as it's possible to help you decide. We used no pedals in this video. This neck shape was more common during Fender's early years. These prices are searched for automatically and are prone to error. If you want to support my channel, please follow the links below to listen to music. However, we can know whether a guitar favors small or large hands just by knowing its exact measurements. The AVII's are built to the exact specs as they were made at the time, Pretty sure the Strat has a 5 way instead of a 3, Someone mentioned the screws detail in a video I watched and said it was too much, I personally think it's really cool lol. However, some expensive guitars come with stainless steel frets. Getting hold of secondhand gear in the UK is nowhere as easy as it is in the US. People will try to say that you can swap out pickups or hardware or whatever. It's a simple bridge that is very beginner-friendly since it doesn't require any set-up. The Fender American Original 50s Stratocaster gives you 5 switch options while the Fender Vintera Road Worn 50s Telecaster gives you 3. In regards to tone, both will sound like P basses but the Vintera is more vintage voiced compared to the Pro being more modern. If you got small hands, none of these guitars will make a big difference when it comes to comfortability. American Standards are discontinued and have modern Fender specs. Fender American Original 50La Bella 760FS Flatwounds(foam muted)Fender Vintera Precision Bass 50La Bella 760FL Flatwounds(foam muted)Fender American Original. Press J to jump to the feed. American models pound for pound will always be better guitars. This includes materials, hardware and the quality control expected depending on the country where it was built. 1; 2; First Prev 2 of 2 Go to page. Alder is the most popular wood that Fender uses in most of their guitars nowadays. NO editing is done to misrepresent how the featured gear sounds in any way.I also use gear in my videos that I originally received through review deals with the companies. For the OP: Do you see the problem with your suspected responces? 1 / 2. Everyone has a different hand size, and that's why it's recommended to try a guitar before buying, even if others tell you that it's comfortable to play. Classic Vibe vs Vintera vs Original - a Vintage Strat Shootout! This will help you get lower action without suffering fret buzz, which will also be helpful when playing in lower tunings without having to increase your string gauge. !Shop All Squier Classic Vibe Models - http://tinyurl.com/yyfnk8ekShop All Fender Vintera Models -http://tinyurl.com/y4yzrhfjShop All Fender Original Models - http://tinyurl.com/y4hgycxjInterested in other Andertons YouTube channels? This material eventually wears down after a lot of use and most guitars end up needing a complete fret replacement. I just wanna make sure they're not gonna slap an "American original" sticker on a vintera guitar, haha. Apr 5, 2021 #21 I'm looking for a 50's style maple board Stratocaster. The alternative (Active pickups) offer a higher output that is mostly used for heavy music. Are there still fret edge issues with the vinteras? If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field FIRST, Then ask the community. Worth noting if you call them to order or purchase in store the price is a little lower than what's posted online. Press J to jump to the feed. Thanks a ton, I've actually got some Pyramid flatwound 12s in the mail, hoping they're not gonna be too big. However, since the bridge floats and there's less contact with the body, the strings lose sustain slightly faster. I ended up comparing the American Pro, American Original, and the Eric Johnson. If you don't want to overpay for a wellp-built instrument, a guitar built in this country by a good brand always offers good value for the money. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Hey there, I've been looking everywhere for the differences between the American Original Jazzmaster and the Vintera Jazzmaster, but my brain isn't working today, hahah. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. After going through our comparison algorithm, the results show that the Fender American Original 50s Stratocaster is probably the better product overall with its final score of 72 compared to the Fender Vintera Road Worn 50s Telecaster's 68 score, although not by a lot. I havent tried the AO Tele but I have a Vintera 50s modified Tele and think its an excellent guitar that is very well built. All of the gain came. One key difference I noticed is the neck on the 60s is a lot more tapered than the 50s - not sure if it's noticeable as both look to have reasonably chunky necks. Fender American Original vs Vintera 60s Strat Part 1 - Can A Mex Beat A USA? This site uses cookies to provide and improve your shopping experience. The AO feels great in the hand as the taper fills the hand as you move up the fretboard. Of course pups can be replaced but the American Original is the first guitar Ive ever had where I cant imagine going anywhere near the pups and wiring. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The higher-end ones are better for keeping. This neck is joined to the body by 4 bolts that you can simply unscrew. Even though they say it's because of its balanced tone with an emphasis in the upper midrange, it probably is because it isn't too expensive, and it's also pretty lightweightmore than Mahogany. Difficult to say without trying which isn't currently possible. It's rather thicker than most modern necks, so it's not usually used for playing fast solos. (Vintage Era). Not sure what the finish is on the Vintera though. Bone is the best natural material for guitar nuts. The radius of the fingerboard is a measure of how curved the neck of the guitar actually is when looking at it from bridge to nut. However, this also means that there will be more separation between frets, which can make it more difficult to play. Mexico has been for a long time where Fender has built their semi-premium series. Vintera vs American original. Vintera Votes: 33 49.3% Performer Votes: 34 50.7% Total voters 67 1 2 3 4 Next Apr 17, 2020 #1 RhythmFender Tele-Holic Joined Apr 17, 2020 Posts 542 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota What's the best value here, all things considered? They have a modern 9.5" fretboard radius rather than the 7.25" on the vintera, medium jumbo frets vs vintage tall on the vintera, mustang style bridge like the AO had rather than the jazzmaster bridge on the Vintera. Maybe the Vintera is the right price point and playing point for you. Here we compare the Fender Vintera Road Worn 50s Telecaster and the Fender American Original 50s Stratocaster. Go. In this case, both guitars have a scale length of 25.5". Jun 30, 2018 20 From the land of the ice and snow. I think Fender's marketing on this series of guitars was to go with more vintage specs, hence the silly name. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. Lastly, remember that you can also affect the tension of the strings by changing your string gauge. I compared the 2 remaining models on multiple occasions and locations over the next month. . I've been looking at getting a tele for while. As the decades went on, the sound of Fender guitars changed slightly; the Vinteras authentically replicate this. Messages. Changed the pickguard and darkened the Pau Ferro board on my 60's Vintera. Nowadays, guitars made in other countries can beat some of the ones made in the US, but most of the time, this country offers the best you can get. Not only do the Fender Player and Vintera guitars sound different, but theyve got different features too. A Look At The Taylor Academy Series Guitars, The Ultimate Guide To Baby Taylor Guitars, Everything You Need to Know About Taylor Guitars. I'm looking for a 50's style maple board Stratocaster. With the AO, you will get a nice nitro finish, too. Each model is based on a particular decade, so for example, the Vintera 50s Strat has features; pickups, colours, neck profiles etc that would have been on an original Strat in the 1950s (Modified versions are also available but more on that later). Let us know!Open song: Savannah Mourning - listen and download!https://jackfossett.bandcamp.com/track/savannah-mourning-2This was not a sponsored video.Thanks for watching! Of course, that comes at a price. Thanks! I have owned both, ended up selling all of my play-grades, and keeping the AV and CS ones that I also enjoy playing. Where as I try not to modify a guitar that was expensive, to start with. We value and reply to every comment!Come and be our friends too!Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelickloftInstagram - https://www.instagram.com/thelickloft/ I mostly use the 3 classic Tele sounds but have found the out-of-phase sounds useful when I want something different (or when I need a glassy almost-but-not-really-Strat tone). The pickups in the Players are fantastic, but the amount of work that Tim Shaw has put into the Vintera pickups; from the research to the carefully chosen material that theyre made up of, mean that you get guitars that sound incredibly close to how they did in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Plus, you know, price. All of the gain came from the amp with an SM57 in front of it to try and make it as fair as possible.Check out the guitars used in this video at Bonners Music - https://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/fender-vintera-50s-strat-sea-foam-green-guitar.irhttps://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/fender-american-original-50s-strat-maple-aztec-gold-guitar.irFender Vintera 50's Stratocaster vs Fender American Original 50's Strat, which do you prefer? Browse Fender Vintera Fingerboard radius. Fender Vintera '50s Telecaster Modified - Daphne Blue Sweetwater Sound $1749.99 Fender American Acoustasonic Telecaster - Matte Black Sweetwater Sound $2349.99 Fender Britt Daniel Telecaster Thinline - Amarillo Gold Sweetwater Sound $1799.99 Fender Joe Strummer Road Worn Telecaster Sweetwater Sound $2699.99 Fender Vintera Road Worn 50s Telecaster vs Fender American Original 50s Stratocaster, 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles, Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Synchronized Tremolo, 1st Fret: 0.91'' (23.1mm) - 12th Fret: 0.98'' (24.9mm), 1st Fret: 0.9'' (22.9mm) - 12th Fret: 0.99'' (25.1mm), Fender Vintage Style 50s Single-Coil Hot Tele (Single Coil / Passive), Fender Pure Vintage 59 Single-Coil Strat (Single Coil / Passive), Bridge pickup: Fender Vintage Style 50s Single-Coil Hot Tele (Single Coil/Passive), Neck pickup: Fender Vintage Style 50s Single-Coil Hot Tele (Single Coil/Passive), 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles bridge, From Fender's 2018 American Original series, Bridge pickup: Fender Pure Vintage 59 Single-Coil Strat (Single Coil/Passive), Middle pickup: Fender Pure Vintage 59 Single-Coil Strat (Single Coil/Passive), Neck pickup: Fender Pure Vintage 59 Single-Coil Strat (Single Coil/Passive), Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Synchronized Tremolo bridge, Pure Vintage Single Line Fender Deluxe tuners, Weight between 7.938lbs (3.6kgs) and 8lbs (3.6kgs). I highly recommend using 11s for strings so you don't get any issues with the bridge. The manufacturing country can tell a lot about the build quality of an instrument. The nut width will affect the separation between strings at the nut. Unfortunately, none of these guitars come with stainless steel frets. Below you'll find how both guitars compare when it comes to versatility. Thank you all for your input. Join our newsletter and we'll notify you every time the best brands release new guitars. Contrary to popular belief, the difference in sustain and tone that some neck joints give to a guitar is simply unperceivableif they're all well built. The last few years have seen Fender revamp both their Mexican and American ranges of guitars and basses. The vinteras are built to look like their vintage counterparts but built to modern standards. The words Fender, Telecaster, Stratocaster and the associated headstock designs are registered trademarks of the Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. Fender describe the pickups as being designed for authentic tone with a bit of an edge a modern tweak of our classic sound thats also a pretty good description of the Player series in general. Sep 5, 2019. Call me paranoid, haha. AV2 are US build, and period accurate down to the last detail - paint, hardware, neck profiles, cases, etc. However, some people prefer specific wood types, so we'll take a look at those first. This means you get a really clear, dynamic and balanced sound not to mention vintage. Just wanna be sure as I have an American original transferring to my guitar shop, and wanna be able to tell the difference in case they stiff me and sell me a Vintera, without me knowing. You must log in or register to reply here. The neck profiles on the Vintera series however, vary from model to model. We plugged both the Vintera 50's Stratocaster and the Fender American Original 50's Stratocaster straight into a Fender Blues Junior. The words Fender, Telecaster, Stratocaster and the associated headstock designs are registered trademarks of the Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. I really love the tones I was getti Vintera Road Worn 50s/ Fender Vintera 50s Telecaster vs. Fender American Original 50s Telecaster - YouTube #fendertelecaster #guitarshootout #guitar #fender @fender Welcome to this guitar shootout between the. The Fender Player series represents 60-70 years worth of innovation theyre modern versions of the classic guitars, but they retain the character of what made them so iconic. The pickups in these new guitars have the same type of magnet, wire and wire coating as they did in the 50s, 60s or 70s, depending on the model. Both the Player and Vintera ranges are made in their Mexican factory, and they both consist of the classic Fender designs Strat, Tele, Jazzmaster, Jaguar, P-Bass and Jazz Bass, amongst a few others. Strat Talk is the leading online community and marketplace for Stratocaster guitars. Thanks for the input. The scale length is one of the things that influences playability the most. This is the scale used in most Stratocasters. Hard to explain. Sounds like I cant really go wrong with either based on the responses. Watch Part 2 - https://youtu.be/TmSOzuPZZP4How does the American Original 60s Strat match up to its Vintera counterpart? The Fender American Professional II Stratocaster has a 9.5 radius. hi all, looking to buy either a vintera or AV2 guitar, but having trouble really finding any differences. Make sure to Like, Share and Subscribe to keep in the loop!Australian American Original Buy Here - https://www.soundcentre.com.au/solid-body-guitars/7039-fender-american-original-60s-stratocaster-shell-pink.htmlAustralian Vintera Buy Here - https://www.soundcentre.com.au/solid-body-guitars/7011-fender-vintera-60s-stratocaster-ice-blue-metallic.htmlRecorded through the VOX MV50 AC and Softube TSAR-1R ReverbKeep in touch!Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/oliroyerguitInstagram - https://www.instagram.com/oliroyer/ We are not a store, we're not owned, nor are we related to these retailers in any way beyond receiving a fee from qualifying purchases.
When The Gas Pedal Is Jammed, Drivers Should Not:, List Of Big Ten Football Referees, List Of Augusta County Deputies, Articles V