Fabulous Shop with Excellent Service and Amazing Selections. Bamboo Stuido also makes a nice bracelet and in several styles. We have been down twice, but didnt know about it. (another store gave me a very difficult time when I asked them to clean a bracelet, not Bamboo! As the time for their anticipated return neared, the women would turn their hook back to face inward again, as if to call their loved one home safely. We are so happy you appreciate all the qualities of our hook design and hand-crafted quality. We found Bamboo Studio while wandering through the shops and loved the style of their jewelry. Whether your hook bracelet is an expression of love or luck you have sought or found, whether you have one or twenty; most importantly it shows your love for St. John. Bought mine in Christiansted after Maria. How to chaperone a Humane Society dog or cat on your flight home. Much like Cruzan Rum, wearing this bracelet every day helps define us as Crucians, effectively carrying the flag for our unique cultural heritage around the world. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. This business uses tools provided by Tripadvisor (or one of its official Review Collection Partners) to encourage and collect guest reviews, including this one. 0. Its rebirth has been accredited to Sonya Hughes of St. Croix. This practice ensures no two bracelets will ever be exactly the same. Gold: 14K yellow (If white gold is desired, please call to order). Thank you for taking time to review us. The staff is always more than willing to clean my products on return visits, and they do so with a smile on their face. Search keywords or SKU. I got mine at Vibe and my necklace at into the blue. It was the first pair they had made and the only ones they had then but I'm sure they will have more in December. Guess we are three bracelets behind. Select options Details. I didn't want to make my decision with only a couple choices. I hope you enjoyed choosing from all the new designs. Cable Classics Bracelet in Sterling Silver with 18K Yellow Gold, 4mm. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); How to Get to St. John: The Best Airfare Tips & Tricks, The Restaurant Report Regulations and Updates, St john jewelry bracelet - Jewelry Directory, A Unique Lens: Crystal Kayaking and Paddleboarding at Maho Beach. Love this tradition! The Coral Bay jewlers had closed, but I had seen one on a prior visit there that I fell in love with.. It un-clasped and sank to the murky depths below, lost forever to the sea. My husband and I love our hook bracelets, and want to give a shout out to Bamboo studios.we will be back, when we feel it it safe for all of you, and will be purchasing a Larimar bracelet. This stunning tradition is now interwoven into VI culture, and artisans on St. John are now crafting their own versions of the notorious hook as well. In addition to those in Connecticut and New York, communities in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, North Carolina and California have passed or are considering ordinances banning outright or regulating bamboo. These two types of bamboo are considered among the most aggressive and problematic of the running bamboo species. They Bay Bracelets are the 14k gold with gemstones that represent the different bays of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? so comfy too:). all rights reserved 2007. 10mm Sterling Silver/ 14KGold Hook Bracelet $ 710.00. Have you have ever bumped into a stranger somewhere completely random, only to notice they have on a hook bracelet that matches your own? We hope you are enjoying your new piece(s). St. John Jewelry | Buy Caribbean Jewelry & Custom Jewelry Online From Top Virgin Islands Jewelry Store - Bamboo Studio Bracelets Earrings Rings Pendants & Necklaces Personalized Charms Collections inspired by our island handcrafted by our artisans inspired by our island handcrafted by our artisans inspired by our island 1 2 Or better yet, offer a maintenance contract to maintain the barrier for the client. We finally decided to buy ours at Bamboo in Wharfside. Mini Kelly Double Tour bracelet Color. Yes, we even put them on our babies. What will the weather be like next week? Not to mention, their products are durable. I also really like that every time I go back to visit they will reshape and polish it for free. Caribbean Love Bracelet. Cable Edge Cuff Bracelet in Recycled Sterling Silver, 5.5mm. Our family wears their Bamboo originals as the creative symbols of our memorable experiences on St. John. Love my bracelet! Long Island, for example has been a hot bed of anti-bamboo sentiment going back several years. c) visited and fell in love with St. Croix. love it. I can verify this to be true. Suggest edits to improve what we show. A piece of jewelry that for me, and just about every Crucian, signifies the simple, yet magnificent awesomeness of our lickle island. Bamboo Studio: Best bracelets - See 968 traveler reviews, 37 candid photos, and great deals for St. John, at Tripadvisor. When worn they are sure to serve as a reminder to you and your loved ones of a very special visit in Paradise. Handcrafted in Sterling Silver with an Easy Open Clasp with Your Choice of Sterling Silver or Gold Tone Wire Wrap. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our special island. I absolutely loved everything in this store and so very thankful to have their website so i can Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page. My wife and I purchased matching hook bracelets and love them! Well done. Then, educate your client on proper maintenance of the barrier. The tradition born that moment survives yet today. Yet, she desired to present her beloved with a wedding gift that would be a token of their pledged devotion. After Hurricanes Irma and Maria, many local jewelers created bracelets commemorative of the storms and donated portions of the proceeds to local charities. We got ours from Bamboo, Vibe Collection, St. John Jewlers and Freebird! but the Tom Krall ones have survived all manner of abuse. )I highly recommend stopping in to check out their great products and friendly staff on your next trip to the island! Will it rain every day? Given the option, I wouldve never traded that one. So, perhaps next time you are missing her, turn your hook out towards her shores. Then you know. Well thank you guys for the props! They're always willing to recommend products and give honest feedback, which I appreciate. THE ISLAND HOOK BRACELET ORIGINAL LEGEND Not right now, as far as you know. With a single movement. Shop bracelets, charms, cufflinks, pendants, and rings at St. John Bracelets Co. A favorite destination for island bracelets and hook bracelets. Certain species of bamboo grow quickly, forming a dense screen that can reach 40 feet or more. They would make them to represent beaches on STJ. You know you have found someone else who leaves a little piece of their heart in the Virgin Islands. Im completely naked. Gold: 14K yellow (If white gold is desired, please call to order) Diamonds: G-H color, SI clarity BRACELET SIZING: Measure your wrist over your wrist bone using a soft tape. Will return on my next trip. Thank you so much for taking time to review us. Bamboo has often been used as landscape problem solver. Certain species of bamboo grow quickly, forming a dense screen that can reach 40 feet or more. New York is the first state to ban bamboo species. Thank you so much for taking time to write us this wonderful review. Free shipping for many products! 10mm 14K Gold J Hook Bracelet Details. Got my first hook bracelet on my 25th wedding anniversary, which is the silver anniversary. This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC. I love the hammered silver and the detail on the J/hook. We certainly appreciate your business and are so happy you are loving your new pieces. You can place orders there and learn a bit more about Sonya and her legendary products. Bamboo Designs on St. John is where I bought my wife a beautiful hook bracelet. $730. They make their own and have a beautiful gallery. Addto that measurement 1/2 inch for a tighter fit or 1 inch for a more bangle like fit to determine your bracelet size. Since bamboo tends to like moist soil, the roots have been known to clog sewer lines and water pipes. The best source of such art in St. Croix is La Vaughn Belle. We haven't taken them off since! I have several pieces from each of those and love them all. I'm glad to hear that the bracelets are still being loved. Handcrafted in Sterling Silver, the Island Hook Bracelet hasan Easy Open Clasp with Your Choice of Sterling Silver or Gold Tone Wire Wrap. Fell in love with the place and would love to return sometime. 925 Sterling Silver Tourmaline Zirconia Square Links Tennis Bracelet 7"1/2. After seeing them in many stores, the one from Bamboo Studio was easily my favorite. Cable Classics Center Station Bracelet in Sterling Silver with 18K Yellow Gold, 4mm. My wife and I have worn our bracelets everyday for years. My wife searched and searched for the best shop in St. John for the Hook Bracelet. A couple of times I was stopped and asked about my Sonya and yes, that made me feel like part of a secret, special club. Married or not, you are happily hooked. I too like the hammered look with the gold wrap as much of my jewelry is 2 tone but also love the "J" they use for the hook since my happy place on earth is (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. News of St. John Villa Rentals Has Launched. I now proudly sport my hook bracelet. Whichever style you prefer, obtaining your first hook bracelet has become a rite of passage for island dwellers and guests of the Virgin Islands. Thats where youll find Sonya Ltd, a shoebox-sized jewelry store that bearing the name of the legendary woman who created one of St. Croixs greatest treasures some 50 years ago. As was the case back then, each Crucian Hook Bracelet is still made by hand. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Others claim it came from the shores of Africa and transcended through generations in the Virgin Islands. My 2 favorite places on earth and now they are gone. The one we ordered came about a week after we got home. The St. John specific hook evolved from the simple U shape with the addition of a ball embellishment turning it into a J.. The Connecticut law was also stimulated by similar local property owner disputes that escalated to the state level. They would be my second pick. Hence my affinity for the original. It is wonderful quality and has held up very well to 7+ years of very hard wearing. Select options Details. January 5, 2015 - By Gregg Robertson. Copyright The Island Hook Bracelet - Photography and Web Site by St John Links 4mm Two Tone J Hook Bracelet w/ Green Moissanite $ 580.00 - $ 590.00. Bamboo becomes a problem when some species do not stay where they are planted. Login. Review of Bamboo Studio Reviewed May 28, 2012 My wife searched and searched for the best shop in St. John for the Hook Bracelet. Married or not, you are happily hooked. 8 Colors. They have a workshop across from their store, and they make the majority of their jewelry. more. Chad's and Shae's jewelry and original designs are the most beautiful, hand-crafted representations of St. John and the Virgin Islands available. I can see why this is TripAdvisor's #1 store in St. John. Great location and wonderful pieces made by the owners. They are also among my favorites along with their rings; many of which are very reasonably priced. Handcrafted in Sterling Silver with an Easy Open Clasp with Your Choice of Sterling Silver or Gold Tone Wire Wrap. We left happy with our purchase. Kim always goes out of her way to make certain that we are very happy with our selection and gives that extra special attention. So, how did I lose something so important to me? . $395. This being in the time before airports, resorts and jewelry stores, wedding rings were as scarce on the islands as credit cards. With our workshop on the premise, we sell and service many pieces of island jewelry. EVER. Caribbean Bracelet Collections. Bamboo Studio creates beautiful hook bracelets and personalized jewelry made by our talented artists right here on St. John, USVI. The absolutely unique handmade glass art creations of Jan Mitchell Larsen beautifully embody the history and culture of St. Croix. It was the first pair they had made and the only ones they had then but I'm sure they will have more in December. Get compliments every time I wear my vaceket! They have a different feel to them than Tom's bracelets, but it just comes down to personal preference. I'd love to hear where YOU purchased your hook bracelet from and why that particular establishment won your business! The product was top of the line and so was the customer service. Havent taken it off one day in the 5 years Ive had it. I have three. While tossing one of my kids away from an oncoming wave, my hook got caught in his rash guard. I love it when someone asks about mine. Yet, she desired to present her beloved with a wedding gift that would be a token of their pledged devotion. Had to send them in to be freshen up! We are so happy you found us and decided to join in on the island tradition. I need to STOP going here, but I can't.. My favorite place for the St. John hook bracelet. I was on the hunt of a St. John hook bracelet. Product Reviews sign in to leave a review The familiar metal band can be simply silver, hammered silver, gold or two-toned. In 2013, Connecticut passed a law (updated in 2014) requiring that bamboo plantings of the genus Phyllostachys, be setback from property lines a minimum of 40 feet. Reviews From Others Who Purchased This Product, JOIN OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER FOR PRODUCT NEWS & SAVINGS. Make sure thats what you get from your nursery. by Shannon Sterling. We finally decided to buy ours at Bamboo in Wharfside. This store has unique pieces of jewelry-one more gorgeous than the next! Third, if you are specifying a running bamboo species, plan for an appropriate root barrier that will control the bamboos spread. Best island in the Caribbean.. Clic Clac H Le Chat Carre bracelet Color. Have a great morning!! We live in Arkansas and dont bump into many other braclet owners. BambooStudio, Owner at Bamboo Studio, responded to this review. Bamboo has often been used as landscape "problem solver.". My Account. I hear that Verace will not reopen, unfortunately. Select options Details. What started as a Danish tradition has today been adopted as a symbol of love and unity. Our jewelry is hand-crafted from solid sterling silver and 14 karat gold. more. One of these days, you are sure to reel in your hearts desire., Copyright stjohnlinks.com/hook-bracelet: Shannon Sterling. If you have been here several times, then you probably have several. I never take them off. Or you can contact Tom Krall on Facebook and he can help you out. You can purchase them at any jewelry store in Cruz Bay. While this might seem a fitting end for this quintessential symbol of my island home, I still left the beach last Sunday feeling sick to my stomach. Wear the hook facing upward toward your heart to signify that your love is taken away to show you have yet to find true love. The design of all of the bracelets in Freebird's Exclusive Collection below was inspired by the things that make St. John such a special place. My personal hook bracelet is called a baby J bracelet which is a 1.5mm 14k gold bracelet. Hughes began creating her handcrafted, unique and signature hook bracelets in 1964 and they quickly became a MUST HAVE for all who visited St. Croix. We also carry handmade jewelry made from larimar, coral and Swarovski crystal pieces. Not in the photo below either, though that would go a long way toward explaining the pained expression gracing the man in the background. If they do, get a copy and read it thoroughly before you submit your proposal. FAQs; Blog; About Us; Contact; 340-776-0669. He now wears it daily and I love the look. If you have been to St John once, you probably have a hook bracelet. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. The hooks she snipped and smoothed. Do this regardless of whether there is an ordinance requiring it. No shiny anonymous something or other worn simply at the whim of some prevailing fashion trend. They also had the most beautiful charm necklaces, and I want to get one of those on my next visit. Clasped tight about any Crucians wrist, it is a celebrated circle of pride. It reminds me of the wonderful island of St. John and the warmth of it's people that personified by the staff at Bamboo. So too, this lure of fishhooks being fashioned into bracelets could have been transferred. For over 8 years, their wonderful shop continues to be where we frequent while on island. Pretty cool article Anna-MarieWe have visited St. John three times in the past five years and have seen the hook bracelets however never new there story. Improve this listing The tradition born, that moment survives yet today. My other one is from Versace back when Stjohnjulie owned it. Shannons Original Island Hook Bracelet Legend is Included with Each Bracelet Purchased. I also got mine from stjohnjulie!!! No, my nakedness is more of a figurative thing. That particular one had been with me for the better of those 20+ years. Vintage St. John Gold Tone Puffed Texture Hoops Clip Earrings. Can't wait to go back in December!!! Let me touch base with Tom and see where you can check out his designs. Select options Details. My Account. Some say the hook bracelet came to the Virgin Islands via the European settlers. I contacted stjohnjulie as I had learned they had the bracelets. If worn reversed, good fortune will smile upon your every cast. Open and close the buckle. 100% why I had to get a hook bracelet when I visited St. John now 7 years ago! Hey cleobeach 1! Bamboo Studio: Best Jewlery Store on St John. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-94409865', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');St. John. Where can you buy them on-line to support the local economy? I left/sold out of Verace in 2014 after 15 years there. THE ORIGINAL ISLAND HOOK BRACELET LEGEND ". Wearing one as I write .. meaningful, simple elegance, and yes .. St. Thank you for choosing Bamboo Studio for your hook bracelet, we hope it continues to remind you of St. John. Bamboo Designs on St. John make their own and have a beautiful gallery. I like it just like it is. My husband, sons and niece love their St. John hook bracelets as well!The owners, Chad & Shay, Kim, the manager and Summer are very considerate and knowledgeable. Shannon's Original Island Hook Bracelet Legend is Included with Each Bracelet Purchased. One legend claims they were worn originally by wives of fisherman for luck and love to bring their husbands back safely from the sea. I have bent my other two, catching them on a sleeve, on a purse strap, etc. 10mm Two Tone Hook Bracelet $ 450.00. I have purchased pieces from Shae designs in the past and was very happy to see her pieces in Bamboo Studio. Close product quick view . just got my first ones-luv them! St. Croix Chaney Jewelry is whimsically colorful, plus it has the element most eagerly sought by anyone who appreciates finer things: uniqueness. We liked all of the hook bracelets we saw in the different shops. It is all so unique. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The hooks she snipped and smoothed. $495 - $545. Glad you found something special and we hope you can visit again soon. Bought a beautiful hook bracelet and ordered one as well. So happy you were able to find some pieces to take with you to remind you of your trip. You can place orders there and learn a bit more about Sonya and her legendary . Certainly, sailors and travelers trade goods, traditions and stories as they circumnavigate the globe. Bamboo was our first stop, she liked it very much but wanted to look more. $470. I bought mine from Bamboo studio as well. A sad and empty condition of the soul brought on by the haphazard loss over of a most prized possession. On their wedding day, they each clasped a bracelet around the wrist of their chosen, the open hook toward their hearts. Thank you Bamboo Studio; I love my special wedding-trip bracelet! Every trip to the island, I stop in Bamboo and each time I leave with a keepsake to remember my vacation. The origin of this custom that has become so special and specific to the Virgin Islands, is certainly up for debate. 0. Gold: 14K yellow (If white gold is desired, please call to order). Make sure you come say hello! We also bought a pair of gold hurricane studs and split them so we each have one to wear in our third hole ear piercing. Add to Cart. So simple, yet so elegant, Crucian Hook Bracelets regularly draw interest from uninformed friends and strangers alike. The Connecticut law also assigns liability for damage to a property owner who plants bamboo that causes problems on a neighbors property. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ad97d3e05f71869e69297c29cf321437" );document.getElementById("h3467bdc3d").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. We look forward to showing you what's new on your next visit. Wear the hook facing upward toward your heart to signify that your love is taken away to show you have yet to find true love. They make their own and have a beautiful gallery. Never take it off. Everywhere else lacked the personality that Bamboo had, many other places were very "sales" oriented trying to make us buy. Thats a lot of weight for a simple piece of jewelry, but the original Crucian Hook Bracelet is so much more than its complement of silver and/or gold. Thank you for taking time to write a review for us! How that tradition evolved has many possible explanations, depends on who you ask. Thanks again! Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. The Island Hook Bracelet is a Unique Design Created by Shannon Sterling of St. John, USVI. Add to that measurement 1/2 inch for a tighter fit or 1 inch for a more bangle like fit to determine your bracelet size. Bamboo Studio, St. John: See 968 reviews, articles, and 37 photos of Bamboo Studio, ranked No.65 on Tripadvisor among 65 attractions in St. John. FAQs; Blog; About Us; Contact; 340-776-0669. Bamboo Studio: St. John Hook Bracelet - See 968 traveler reviews, 37 candid photos, and great deals for St. John, at Tripadvisor.
Florida Adderall Prescription Laws 2021, 1 Bedroom Council Flat Slough, Strengths And Weaknesses Of A Sports Coach, Koreatown Luxury Apartments Los Angeles, Lindsay Jones Pronouns, Articles S