Ever since the internet went mainstream I have read about the Sigs decline. But now, P320 is the subject. Some of the plaintiffs claim the pistol can fire without the trigger even being touched. What a wonderful parody of a MAC cultist! Fourth, no one takes Taurus seriously. There used to be a problem, which is why Sig fixed it. According to Section 22.05 of the Texas Penal Code, engaging in deadly conduct with a firearm is considered a felony of the third degree. Second, your claim that the military is dumping because theyre problematic? Im more of a DS9 guy. That could happen easily. SIG is choosing to litigate their problems away. I lost $200 on a gun that had less then 1000 rounds through it but I could care. Milwaukee Police Report Issues With Sig P320's Discharging By Tom Knighton | 11:30 AM on October 30, 2021 AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast Several years ago, there was an issue discovered with the. The thing is, youd probably need to generate many Gs of force in both directions simultaneously. Well I jumped in bed with ma and pa , told them that the devil was in Arkansas. MIM strikers made in India and put into Sigs. Sig Sauer's headquarters are located in New Hampshire at Pease International Tradeport. It has been flawless so far. Stupid marine, cop, citizen, its their fault. 2) The p320 does have a half cocked notch. Going on Sigs reputation I bought a P320. Sig Sauer's P320 is widely used by police departments across the country, and is a big seller in the civilian market, with about half a million sold nationwide. That took a lot. Fair enough. Where is this lightning striking twice? Not too long after they sold a pistol to the public and United States military thats not even DROP SAFE?!? Kyle . 3. Training and experience are not a talisman that magically prevents accidents. ALL OF THEM. Canadian soldier wounded by accidental discharge used wrong holster: SIG Sauer Time will tell if no. Profits over reliability and you end up with junk. Even if it was an issue with the sear interface, there is still a firing pin safety that will not move unless the trigger is held firmly to the rear. That show with no Shatner-Kirk and only a Nimoy-Spock wouldnt have gotten past the first season. Thread starter ut755ln; Start date Oct 19, 2022; Forums. You did get to sit and watch it with him, which leads to a serious question. It takes time for any new platform to work the kinks out. They have hundreds of thousands of P320s in regular service now and, despite a search, we couldnt find a rash of reports of soldiers claiming their pistols are firing on their own. In 2020, the agent, who is a former marine, was doing his routine training with the P320. You simply may not PREFER one make to another, or may simply dislike another make, but were to the point in semi-auto pistol production history where amongst the big brands, the only real distinctions are preference. This is why we now have back up safeties on garden tractors and riding lawn mowers. You need a lead that can be the lightening rod and not be afraid to make an ass of themselvesit give the watcher permission to take it seriously. Sig Sauer P220 Super Match. Because its flat out bull**it. While this incident occurred months ago, this erroneous media report is driven by multiple sources, including our competitors, and coincides with the imminent release of other Canadian military and law enforcement tenders, indicating the timing of its release is an attempt to improperly influence the procurements, the statement said. A lot like carrying a cocked and locked 1911 but with the safety off. TTAG talked to Bagnell, who told us that he wants it to be known that he is not anti-gun and doesnt want to see more gun control laws in this country. Third, Glock has had problems, too. Search Texas Statutes. Its the expert who gets caught up in the routine and stops paying attention. They didnt see a problem at all and in fact, saw it as an upgrade over Glock. The P320s and P365s were junk, plain and simple. The modular SIG P320 is among the most widely-owned handguns on the planet. Sounds like these officers and others are attempting to cover their posteriors. Google Keith Slatowski, is he lying also? Both versions of the ABC report included comments from Officer Hiltons attorney, Jeffrey Bagnell, who said, Its not credible to claim that people with this amount of training, this amount of skill are all shooting themselves. Theres still the P938 extractors snapping they refuse to acknowledge. The more someone touches, loads, clears, cleans, holsters, un-holsters, or otherwise deals with their firearm, the higher the statistical likelihood that complacence kicks in. This is the goal of those who would disarm us at the Post Office, as we take little Yevgeniy or little Shaquina to school, as we fulfill our civic responsibilities as jurors to judge our peers, as we travel to and through less free jurisdictions. You would have to conclude theres a problem with the product, not with the people., In the Nightline version, Bagnell says, Firearms are not subject to federal regulation. to docile, too subtle, to contextual. TidalWave Professional Aug 25, 2021 #17 Bassbob said: Somehow I seriously doubt the guns just shot themselves. The claimed mode of failure was that the tab on the drop safety that interferes with the striker movement had been sheered off and stopped being a drop safety. That is exactly why all civilized countries have Government Agencies that monitor companies that have a callus disregard for human life and are only interested in the quick buck. The new Kirk does suck. So I think it is unconscionable, given the number of incidents of this gun defectively discharging without a trigger pull, would necessitate that someone order it to be recalled and only SIG can do that.. It seems safe to assume that while SIG is coming up fast on the outside, GLOCK is still most likely the reigning champ in terms of the firearms most often carried by law enforcement and other government agencies. One of the officers a few years ago was carrying his P320 in a P226 holster that he took a Dremel to make the P320 fit. Especially since they farm it out to the lowest bidder. . While it seems that I have a preference for battle ships, The Romulans had Warbirds. I have never had to have one serviced or replaced. Anyway around here they do. He likens it to a bow-and-arrow, pulled taut. And the fact they used real models, and big ones, gives the ships a real sense of heft, mass, movement and solidity that the garbage CGI ships of the new movies just cannot remotely compete with. The networks report didnt mention lawsuits filed by LEOs (or anyone else) against other gun makers claiming similar alleged design defects. The federal government intends to order up to 20,000 pistols for the military to replace its Second World War-era Browning Hi-Power handguns in a project that could be worth up to $50 million. As far as ships go, Im drawn to the original movie vessels because they look the most, to me, like something youd really see humans build in space in 300 years. Yes, conspiracy to defraud is a thing when ones @ss is on the line. -You plan on getting rid of your P320, great! The thing I hate is getting kicked around! Grow up, you aint all that! https://millsentertainment.smugmug.com/William-Shatner-The-Wrath-of-Khan Theres a couple of possibilities. You arent a gunfighter, either. On the other hand, would we also condemn him for violating Rule 2 if the bullet had travelled through his outside wall, entered the adjacent house, and killed a resident thereof, or would we maybe, just maybe, place some blame on the manufacturer who created the pistol? I think making guns easy to shoot has gone too far. So even if, as the ambulance chaser claims, the striker leg could vibrate off of the sear face, it could not discharge unless the drop safety was also disengaged because the drop safety prevents movement of the striker sufficient to make the firing pin protrude from the breech face. When he put his hand on the grip, the weapon fired, according to the lawsuit. 3) If the sear fails, there is the drop safety in the way of the striker. Being highly trained doesnt eliminate stupidity. . Remember the stupidity of the far right is infinite and the blind greed of the gun makers prove they could not care less about human life and suffering. Unless they have to fire their weapon in an on-duty incident most officers only fire their weapons just before and/or at qualifications, which depending on the department are annual or semi-annual. There are several stories about her in the news for various no reasons, she must be throwing them out by a dozen. It provides another example of how the gun free zone purportedly keeps people safe by not only keeping guns away, but by requiring more discharges nearby. Either one could have been a gun or a Barbie. But then Im not a federal LE flunky who cant keep my booger hook off the bang switch, either. (b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor. No, it doesnt. No you haters are not smarter than the US military, who tested the P320 far more than your favorite YouTuber ever did. The fact that Shatner was doing Wrath of Kahn meet and greets at 90 years old kind of soured me. I would rather play handball with the Devil himself because if you deal with the Devil he will tell you that you agreed to lose your soul for a big box full of millions in cash. People of the Gun are probably familiar with the early problems the P320 had regarding drop safety. It upgraded its P320 pistols in October 2018, before the middle school incident, spokeswoman Amanda. Keep your finger off the trigger unless you are ready to shoot. He probably had a double until it was over. Hey, Im sitting here staring at my P320, waiting for it to go bang! It somehow moved to the hinges of the desk. First I have no problem with the Mk 25 or any other Sig thats metal. But Im observant enough to see the same voices that said in 1985 that This new fangled Glock is a just a plastic toy! The one officer in the ABC story had it wrapped in a rag in his gym bag? He points to it in the video. The sheriff's office said its investigation found no mechanical problems with its deputy's gun. Lastly, ship-wise I have to go with the TMP-era refit Enterprise, regardless of Captain. Theres just too much other paraphernalia bouncing around in there. So does any of this mean theres something wrong with the P320? selling the 365 with strikers breaking? And those are exactly the kinds of plaintiffs who happen to make up the vast majority of the lawsuits filed against SIG. TAMPA, Fla., July 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- A 30-year veteran law enforcement officer with the Tampa Police Department (TPD) today filed a lawsuit against Sig Sauer, Inc., the maker of his. It SHOULD have more engagement width wise, but often doesnt due to things being rounded or out of square. An x-ray (fluoroscope) of the mechanism in operation could show what, if anything, is happening inside the gun that might prove, or disprove, the contention that the gun is flawed. Just 3 days ago, a Florida Corrections recruit killed herself by a negligent discharge during firearms training. How many times did Shatner actually watch it? Theyre cheering for a noose around their own precious Glocks throat. Much has been made of Nimoys Spock being the most popular character in TOS, but Id argue that without Shatners over-the-top swagger and brash manner, the balance would be lost. This is just blind greed using some careless doofus to sell a lie and cash in because a civil jury, like the average American voter, can be manipulated easily though emotion, tears and stories of anguish, pain and suffering at the foot of some super-rich evil corporations cold-blooded behest. If they recruit smart cops, they wont have cops who will act against their political opponents outside of the constitution. Which in and of itself is user error / misuse. Its interesting that ABC chose to leave that point out of one of their reports. 1) The p320 doesnt hold the striker fully to the rear. Sig P320 is just one of many pistols with Safety related. And as far as Special Forces go, SF going to Glock has been documented as a bean counters solution to save money. The new Tauruses have a good rep, far better then the P320 or P365. First off, no joke on me. Is it? Excellent work. hate to tell you this but most lawnmowers with the handle bar stop get tied down. Thats why the US Marines have Sigs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0LUbLu6TqA, Simply put, the P320 is not safe and the lawsuits arent frivolous. Quite frankly, a sizable number of the LEOs that go there, would benefit from a Gun Safety 101 class. By hoping Sig gets taken down for the P320, theyre actually setting up their own pet brand to be the next on the chopping block. . saw the video, doesnt explain how it bypasses striker pin safety. Sounds like most of these cases were off-body carry. And it doesnt take too much Googling to find plenty of reports of LEOs suing the Georgia company as well (see here, here, here, and here for just a few). SIG says ABC had intended to include some of those other claims in their reports, but after SIG informed the network of the additional information that was uncovered, those cases werent included in either of the segments. So far I have only heard of one instance (post fix) where there was an ND and the post mortem on the gun demonstrating a mechanical failure. And on the flip side of the coin is the decades of denial by Remington on the 700 which Ive seen firsthand. Then theres the fact that the branches of the military have put the P320 design through their own batteries of testing and found it duty worthy. Sigs are crap! Charlton, headquartered in Victoria, B.C., for comment on its original story, but neither responded. The details are not out yet, but they use Glocks, and I will make a good bet that her trigger finger did the deed. They habitually use their customers as the product testers by selling what are essentially prototypes while quietly implementing rolling revisions. A fellow kept his DA revolver in the desk. Sound familiar? . I am still waiting for the UPS man (not from the devil but from Sig) I will not hold my breath. The problem was strikers. A fine of up to $10,000. The American manufacturer of the new pistols belonging to Canadas special forces claims the soldier wounded in an accidental discharge last fall was using the wrong holster for the weapon. So it never had a history of a potential valid claim for ambulance chasers to work off of. And yes, if I pulled some of those stunts, Id have my membership revoked. Using an example from the first prong, we legitimately fault the user who shot himself in the palm, rightfully asking why in the WORLD his palm was in front of the muzzle when he set the gun down. 19 Feb 2021 Military.com | By Matthew Cox A former U.S. Marine and federal agent has filed a $10 million lawsuit against Sig Sauer Inc. alleging that his holstered Sig P320 -- a pistol. Asking for a friend. The settlement requires the gunmaker to reimburse owners of . The use of a modified [SIG] P226 holster created an unsafe condition by allowing a foreign object to enter the holster, causing the unintended discharge.. The main difference is that the M&P never had the problem the p320 did with trigger mass. The SIG will be the shortest military contract for guns in history. Alec Baldwin fatally shot a cinematographer and injured a director with a prop gun on the set of the film "Rust" and the distraught actor repeatedly asked afterwards why he . Contacted late Friday, a spokeswoman for special forces said the investigation is still ongoing and would not confirm the companys findings. With the 320, the striker is in full-cock position, and held there through the operation of the trigger sear and the positive striker-blocking safety. That focus drifts. I didnt even touch it! Fine. On Nov. 5, 2020, a recently-purchased SIG Sauer P320 pistol went off unexpectedly at a training range in Dwyer Hill, outside of Ottawa. I could care but that came at the expense of reliability and safety. . Post again when you buy a real gun that you can defend yourself with. Its pathetic how often these legal stunts work. He is acting as a consultant in the Collette suit that was filed last week. Bagnell told TTAG that he believes the problem with the striker-fired P320 is an inadequate sear/striker connection (he has images he says illustrate this on his website). The same should hold true for the insane marketing of pistols like the totally unsafe Glock. (unless theyre SWAT or something). They suck and Im awesome!, 2. Liberal, Conservative. The SIG P320 has been the subject of numerous lawsuits, including one class action case, in the U.S. over injuries sustained because of accidental discharges. Really? In a world of "innovative" guns, this truly is an innovated design and a step in the right direction for the future of pistols. The Defiant regardless of who is the captain. Ill go so far as to say the first batch of Sig P320s did nothing wrong. And I suspect at end of day this recent P320 one will be identified as a negligent discharge or from weapons from 2017 where owners failed to . Sep 20, 2021 613 571 Idaho. D. Many gun makers have had issues with drop firing, unintended discharge, bad safeties This is a resource I compiled of semi-auto pistols that have been recalled or Upgraded for Safety related problems like Drop Firing, Safeties that Malfunction, Risk of Accidental Discharge, etc. L. LRRifleman . Harrison responded, No, I dont think the upgraded version should be recalled, in fact I think the previous version should be recalled so that everyone has the upgraded version.. Wheee!!. But were way past the days of major league, internationally known gunmakers turning out complete crap, selling it and the public living with it. The second version emphasized the upgrade to fix the drop safety issue and notes that Harrison believes that problem has been fixed. For instance theres Lieutenant Thomas Ahern who was was performing a routine function (test) of his P320 when it fired at him without any force towards the trigger, resulting in the bullet impacting his left thigh.. The P320 should be scrapped and SIG Sauer USA should redesign a new pistol around the striker firing mechanism instead of just retrofitting a hammer fired pistol (P250). SIG just cannot seem to make a striker fired pistol that doesnt have issues. On Thursday, M.D. This is the only post fix tale of p320 failure I have heard that is not some form of but it just went off, I didnt do nutthin! So if, say, a person was to accidentally get shot through no fault of their own and need to sue, which specific cartridge/appendage combo would yield the most favorable least pain/permanent-damage : highest-payout ratio? Second, pardon us if were more than a little skeptical that the P320 in question or any other handgun fired when it was out of battery. The real tell is that of all the cases, most are cops of some kind. He was told to shoot two rounds. But when you set a gun down on a table, and the damn thing goes off seconds after you let go, that sounds like a defective gun. Sometimes you dont get what you pay for but now SIG has bragging rights. If you want to find the lowest form of life on the planet interview any C.E.O. These cops seem pretty dang stupid if they put loaded guns in gym bags and purses with other stuff and carry them around, especially a gun that lacks manual safeties. This gun had been voluntary upgraded. She claims that her holstered P320 pistol went off while she was carrying it in her purse. The U.S. manufacturer went a step further in its statement Friday, stating without evidence or attribution, that the timing of the article was intended to undercut its chances in the federal governments upcoming bid to replace all of the handguns in both the military and RCMP. So, unlike the Serpa holster debate, Im a believer that there is more going on than meets the eye with the P320 and is exactly why I refrained from buying one, why I still wont own one, and why I steer people away from it. The second, longer version of the ABC story again included comments from Joshua Harrison, the consultant ABC hired to independently assess the P320. Covid ruined that gravy train for him but hes still doing the conventions. ! only reveals ones immature emotional attachment to an inanimate object, which reveals a pretty childish worldview. Why you and I are arguing over a gun that neither owns or will own, So I give a ton of credit to Shatner for reading the reality of what it was and in essence, saving it. Glock is being sued too, because once loaded and a round is chambered, it also has a much lighter trigger than a DA/SA. He wanted TTAG to convey that hes pro-Second Amendment. The fact is that the plaintiffs will get paid regardless of who did what. Really, that JJA ship looks like something the folks at PlaySkool built, its terrible. A too light 1911 as some use in competition or God Forbid for carry- could jump the sear if dropped. Mine is very accurate. Too much MIM in that crap SIG, the old ones were great. At the risk of sounding superstitious lets review Sigs latest turd pistol. They mandate more discharges, with more property damage, more injuries, and more deaths. Hammer guns have a half cock notch for a reason. Or you would have to have enough slide play for the slide movement to physically disengage the sear and striker leg mating surfaces. BAM. Cops are crap with guns, unlike me, a REAL pistolero! They didnt have to, but did. Is there any major military anywhere that ever issued one of their guns? To put it simply, they are expensive cheaply made junk. Its difficult to believe thats a coincidence. What exactly did Harrison mean by legal momentum? That isnt clear, but its easy to make an educated guess. Carrying a handgun in a purse, particularly one that isnt designed specifically to carry a firearm, is problematic at best. Inside the gun, a metal piece called the sear should keep the weapon from firing until the trigger is pulled. If it were the guns, there would be thousands of cases involving citizensbut there arent. Sig, take this firearm off the market, and recall. The current allegations, then, are different, claiming that the P320 is prone to un-commanded discharges.. A few Warbirds decloaking would make me very nervous if it wasnt sci-fi fantasy. Hello perpetrators, Lee Paige is clearly the gift that keeps on giving though our buddy Hunter Biden is a close second! I have been purchasing and using Sig firearms exclusively for over 40 years. I would trust a hungry lion on the Serengeti plains of Africa more than I would a C.E.O. Remember the highly trained FBI officer whose gun went off in a nightclub?
Candice Joke Explained, Senior Ladies Golf Tournament, Buffalo Homeowners Association, Articles S