Drinks are very pricey on the resort, so be sure to bring some with you, or you could easily spend another night's accommodation just on drinks !! The nearest small towns are several miles away, with downtown Stroudsburg close to a 25-minute drive southwest. Do not disturb sign was not on door, knock and bring inside. Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. That said, its the cheesy romance factor thats all part of the draw. Breakfast was also good, but when buffet was offered, some items were barely warm. Staybridge Suites Stroudsburg (East) Poconos, an IHG Hotel, Rodeway Inn & Suites Stroudsburg - Poconos, Clarion Inn & Suites Stroudsburg - Poconos, View more hotels in Middle Smithfield Township. We had previously stayed at one of their sister properties Pocono Palace about a month before, we enjoyed our stay and figured lets try this one too. And visitors began looking for something different and more contemporary. (Discerning diners need not apply.) All-inclusive packages are available, which cover breakfast, dinner, and non-alcoholic drinks such as soda, coffee, and juice. There are two indoor racquetball courts -- one has been converted into a gym with a basic selection of cardio and weights training equipment. Real opinions. State parks surround the locale, and the Camelback ski area is about 25 minutes south by car. Though it was first coined back in the 16th century, honeymoon took on (a version of) its current meaning in, The Champagne Tower Suite at Cove Haven Resort A Poconos getaway for Valentines Day may seem kinda chilly, but many hotels in this mountainous region are determined to warm you up. Specialty dinners evolve nightly between themes such as Americana, International Night, and Rare Catch Steak & Lobster Night. We turned in early, my girlfriend woke up about 4 am saying she had a bug bite, I said it must have been a mosquito at the pond earlier in the day, ten minutes later she jumps out of bed and says there's a bug on my pillow. While the complex remains active, the inn itself suffered due to neglect and was partially closed in 1990. We have stayed at multiple palace resorts and know the food is usually better so I chalk it up due to Covid. You forgot to mention The Summit Resort. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted. (BTW, did you know that the word "cheesy" comes from the Persian "chiz" meaning, roughly, "thing" and not from the English word for delicious dairy products? This is what we love to hear! Now in their 60s, they had honeymooned at Penn Hills in the Poconos almost 40 years ago. On a bright September day, several years after the Penn Hills Resort closed and began to be swallowed up by the forest, a couple showed up by the side of the highway to see what had become of the place. The property was closed by the new owners in 2000. Real stays. Stayed in January 2023, The guest reviews express the personal opinions of Booking.com customers who filled out a questionnaire after their stay at the hotel. First the positives: I would to say at the hotel itself the front desk folks were very nice and they explained how everything would go. A giant red love heart sign outside exclaims, "You Are Entering the Land of Love," but guests might notice that this place has been shown very little love. Reviews of Pocono Palace Resort 206 Fantasy Road , East Stroudsburg, PA 18302, United States of America #6 of 25 hotels in East Stroudsburg Guests' Choice See the property Languages: Traveler type: Sort by: Verified guest reviews from real Bookers Real Bookers. Super relaxing and quiet.The activities were fun. 191 and 447, Analomink, PA 18320. When you call to explain the manager Ron he was so rude and when I mentioned how much I paid he said sir I didnt ask you for that information. Your contribution should be yours. There are pictures all over the Internet of them and from the first time I saw the photos, I knew this was a place with a story. Was told no rooms ready and we would get a call so enjoy the pool. But Paradise Stream is all about spending quality time together exploring nature trails, fishing on the lake, or tenderly sharing any of the seasonal activities on offer -- in between making the most of those retro-style love nests. and they upgrade your room as long as they can. A loose doorknob on the commode (and the door wouldn't stay shut), etc., etc., etc. Single and double snowmobiles are available to rent. Winter offers snowshoeing and snow tubing, and the property also features serene nature trails to explore, year round. In 1981, a new owner took over the property and the resort went through a massive expansion, including the addition of cabins, villas and the Town Center (with indoor swimming pool). Thank you for the feedback. I see where the lack of customer service comes from. We're very happy to read how your stay in our Roman Tower suites went so very well! The Inn at Buck Hill Falls, however, was demolished in the name of progress. Pocono Palace Resort WELCOME TO POCONO PALACE. Simple.Not impressed. These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. Andrew W, we also received your Yelp review and we take these reviews very seriously. The local community raised over $2.5 million to have the historic structure demolished. About I was a little nervous when we arrived.due to the negative reviews I had read previous. Its about a one-hour drive from Lehigh Valley International Airport, 40 minutes from Pocono Mountains Municipal Airport, and about 70 minutes from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport. I got a tissue and caught it, and placed it into a water bottle. Would not go near it, sad looking and out of place. Discover genuine guest reviews for Pocono Palace Resort along with the latest prices and availability - book now. Thank you for your feedback. All categories are climate controlled and come with flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi access, plus mini-fridges in most. We are working on addressing some of the items you mentioned, including increasing staff in housekeeping and other areas where service is vital. By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. It's now been a full week since we checked out at 430 am, and still no call nor refund for the taxes and gratuities they we paid on site. This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC. The Inn at Buck Hill Falls traces its roots back to a Quaker settlement in 1900. We stayed in room 305 and got bed bugs from this hotel. The wait staff was pleasant, but forgetful and not hugely attentive. restaurant in the 2022 MICHELIN Guide Finland. The property also features tennis, racquetball, and basketball courts. It is unclear what happened to the timeshare plan. The resort is about a two-hour drive from New York City. Exuding the relaxed atmosphere of a private club, Pocono Palace Resort is a romantic retreat on private Echo Lake in the heart of the Pocono Mountains only an hour drive from the George Washington Bridge. They make a big deal about red accents. Since being featured in the MTV show Fear, trespassing has become a significant problem and a private security firm is employed to keep people off the property. The bad: We are just leaving last time we came was in 2008, so its been a while.. we arrived Friday at 2 and they were not about letting us check in early- even though they clearly state they are alternating rooms, so in theory is room should have been clean right? Note: The Inn at Buck Hill Falls towers over Lenape Lane (just off Golf Drive), but the Inn can be seen from the road. Of the three couples-only Cove Haven resorts in the Poconos region, Pocono Palace is the most modern. I quick Google what a bed bug looks like and find out what no travel ever wants to face, Bed Bugs. A new owner took over the property in 1967. Reviews on Pocono Palace fare are mixed, but it's safe to say that serious foodies are unlikely to be impressed here. However, in 2017, a company called Brookdale Enterprises received approval to turn the resort into a 196-bed inpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation center called the Brookdale Treatment Resort. Today, it is a landscape dotted with abandoned resorts. " Location & Hours 206 Fantasy Rd East Stroudsburg, PA 18302 Theres a pretty strict restaurant dining window of 6pm to 8pm, and food reviews overall are very mixed. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Our last trip, to Cove Haven Resort ended badly, and I wasn't sure if I'd be back or not, but a global pandemic and quarantine has a funny way of changing your view about stuff.This time around, we stayed in the newly refurbished Champaign Tower *Select*! Palace - a Two MICHELIN Stars: Excellent cooking, worth a detour! Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region View Hotel 320 reviews 7.8 miles from Cove Haven Resort Free Wifi Free parking Special offer Visit hotel website Top Rated All Inclusive 2022 The Lodge at Woodloch View Hotel 1,606 reviews 9.8 miles from Cove Haven Resort Free Wifi Free parking Wayne Inn View Hotel 45 reviews 9.8 miles from Cove Haven Resort By 1910, a pool and a golf club had been added. We stayed in room 305 and got bed bugs from this hotel. My girlfriend's arm swelled up and looked like the marshmallow man's arm, thankfully the bite on her face didn't swell like that. Huge disappointment that we could not check in early, but also LATE. They'll get used. Shoots TBD at Pocono Palace Resort, 206 Fantasy Road, in East Stroudsburg, PA 18302. I see where the lack of customer service comes from. I must say their Jumbo chicken wings were the best I have ever tasted.Garlic parmesan yum and my husband ordered the mango habenero (spicy). I am writing this review during our stay, 2nd day. Theres a gas station right opposite the entrance, a Taco Bell about five minutes away, and Pocono Gardens is a 15-minute walk from the property. If they could just put some money into the shower. Theres a lavish spa destination that caters to the affluent as well as a number of indoor water park resorts geared to families. Other outdoor activities include biking, mini-golf, volleyball, badminton, paintball, archery, and deer feeding. That said, the mattress was utter junk. When you call to explain the manager Ron he was so rude and when I mentioned how much I paid he said sir I didnt ask you for that information. The bed *IS* a lot of fun to play on, but a good night's rest is not happening there.As always, there needs to be more towels in the suite by default. Spoke with a manager and after a minute on hold the room was miraculously ready. . Were Lance and Laura, two busy professionals who love photography and travel the world as much as our real world vacation schedules allow. We left the property and had to find a laundromat. We stayed at blue room number 305 which was very nice and seemed to be cleaned relatively well. We arrived around 3:30, check in was smooth and efficient. The worst of them should be replaced and the others should be cleaned carefully.Then there's the bed. We had a lot of crazy fun in a place that's built for it. We will be coming back. Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate. Even though the gift shop was huge some stuff was a little pricey but they did carry everything you need. But I am a little confused about why there would be a buffet if you have to have servers going between the guests and the buffet table. The heart shaped pool was clean and beautiful, Sauna was very nice. We desired to do archery and the attendant told us that all the arrows were broken and the only activities were driving golf carts canoeing on the lake or swim in the outside pool. Pocono Palace Resort is secluded in Pennsylvania's pine-fringed Pocono Mountains. Copyright 19962023 Booking.com. Price: On Request. Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. I firmly stated we need to be in by no later than 430, I need that guarantee. The first resort opened in the early 1900s and is known for its theater and skiing. Search, book & manage your trips in the app. All rights reserved. The property still exists and Unity House is one of the many abandoned resorts in the region. There are similar hotels available. Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. Its a shame in the past at the other properties we had a great timeFirst the positives: I would to say at the hotel itself the front desk folks were very nice and they explained how everything would go. The website promised that a lot of outdoor activities would be done but none of them were successful due to the lack of equipment and resources. Pocono Palace Resort 206 Fantasy Road, East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States, 18302 Pocono Palace Resort Located 8.1 mi from I-80, Pocono Palace Resort features romantic rooms and a 32,000 square-foot sports and entertainment center. Request A Travel Guide Subscribe to E-Newsletter Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau Once the granddaddy of Poconos Resorts, the old Mount Airy Lodge began with less than a dozen rooms back in 1898. emails, phone numbers, credit card info), Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence, Impersonation (i.e. I have not been in contact any weeds for a week or more,and wear shoes and socks gardening. Paradise Stream offers several different Suite categories with varying romance and sexy themes. For couples who honeymooned here, the old Pocono resorts are an incredibly important part of their past, regardless of their present state. They are on my right arm and right foot, are red, swollen and itch like crazy. Exuding the relaxed atmosphere of a private club, Pocono Palace Resort is a romantic retreat on private Echo Lake in the heart of the Pocono Mountains. In the rolling hills of Eastern Pennsylvania, the story of modern love has been written over and over again. (I'm not holding the bed responsible for my hips, because I figure that was my doing). Arguably on the most famous Poconos honeymoon hotels was the Stricklands Mountain Inn and Cottages. Could not offer that. Oh no problem I was told, we should be ready by then. When we first opened the door the room smelled a little musty but after turning on the AC it was fine. RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review. In 2014, survivalist and accused murdered Eric Frein is believed to have used the abandoned Penn Hills Resort as one of his hideouts. I had booked the Champagne Towers at Paradise Stream for our 16th wedding anniversary. First room wasn't even clean, we were greeted with a funky smell, dirty champagne tub and messy bed. We had previously stayed at one of their sister properties Pocono Palace about a month before, we enjoyed our stay and figured lets try this one too. I found that out trying to explain what it meant to someone who's not a native English speaker. Located on 250 acres of prime land in the Pocono Mountains and on a private lake, the Brookdale Resort was one of several operated by Caesars Entertainment (at the time owned by Starwood). - See 2,973 traveler reviews, 2,236 candid photos, and great deals for Pocono Palace Resort at Tripadvisor. 5241 Milford Rd (Rt 209) 18335 (PO Box 1400) Pool heated outdoor, heated indoor. )I would say that between Pocono Palace and Cove Haven, Pocono Palace is the superior property. They need to update equipment and truly work on giving guest the experience they promise. Housekeeping was really good about bringing us more when we asked for them, but just put like a dozen towels in the suite to begin with. All-inclusive rates include meals and non-alcoholic drinks. While it makes sense to have a car to get around, the resort can assist with local car and limousine transfers. They reminisced about steak dinners, rounds of golf, lounging by the pool, and even recalled the name of their favorite staff member: Julie. We went to the check in desk and the gentleman informed us they are sold out (like we would want a new room), he promised someone would contact me and to call LivingSocial for what they can do. Pocono Palace Resort 7.8/10 Good See all 1,034 reviews Popular amenities On private beach Pool Free WiFi Parking included Air conditioning Spa 206 Marquis Road, East Stroudsburg, PA, 18302 View in a map Explore the area Pocono Bazaar MarketPlace 3 min drive Pocono Indian Museum 3 min drive Great Bear Golf Club 4 min drive Room options
Golf Senior Picture Ideas, A Flight Instructor Demonstrates Their Coaching Ability By, Articles P