He is King and you are Queen of all hearts. At the Crib, you were the first ostensorium of your Son, showing Him to the shepherds, to the Magi and to the world. Obtain for me the grace to love God with my whole heartso that all the love my heart is capable of may be consecrated to Him, and all other affection subordinated to the love I owe God. As Eve induced Adam to eat of the forbidden fruit which brought death upon us, so you prompt us to eat the Bread which gives us life. Holiness is a complete separation from creatures and perfect union with God through love. 1. Mary, My Mother, your whole life was like a Mass. On April 3rd, the Priestly Society of St. Pius X will have the joy of celebrating the Feast of Our Lady of Compassion for the first time in all our houses. Mary, My Mother, I rejoice with you that you are so privileged, so exalted as to become the worthy Mother of God. Sanctify them first, so that they may then more effectively sanctify others. Be pleased to intercede with Jesus, your Son, for Christian families. Pray for us, you who are so powerful, be all-powerful in our behalf! are merged in the supreme suffering at the Passion. Feast, October 16 (Triduum, October 13-15). May I derive all the beneficial results the holy sacraments are to produce in my soul. The glory of the great things that had been done in you, you attributed to God's mercy and power and love. Unmindful of your dignity and greatness, you thought only of returning thanks to God, to whom you attributed all your greatness and privileges. You were the first to offer to the Eternal Father His Divine Son as the Victim for the world's Redemption. GLADE PARK, Colorado (Catholic Online) - The feast dedicated to "Our Lady of the Rosary" was instituted by Pope Pius V. It was to commemorate the anniversary of the defeat of the Turkish fleet at the battle of Lepanto on the first Sunday in October 1571. As Mother of God, you became a cooperator in the Redemption of mankind. What a divine impression Jesus left upon you, His Mother! Enlightened by God, you knew that He would grant your request. He made His taking of the role of Mediator dependent on your consent, and it was your motherly care, shown toward Him through life, which made Him ready for the sacrifice that reconciled the world to God. How precious is your love, my Mother! Mary, Mother of God, the instant that you gave your consent to the archangel, the Holy Spirit overshadowed you and wrought in your most chaste womb the Incarnation of the Son of God. I admire the holiness of their lives and the nobility of their family. God is the source of every good and the absolute Master of all graces. That grace made you holy and most pleasing in God's eyes, the special object of His love. You yourself are full of grace, and from the Holy Spirit, your Divine Spouse, you have received in overflowing measure His boundless love for all mankind. Even when I forget you and begin to complain in my sufferings and crosses, you try to console me. Through you I hope to reach the heavenly Kingdom. He bestowed marvelous privileges upon you and loved you more than all other creatures together. But God has willed that you should be exempted from this general rule because, by an entirely singular privilege, you completely overcame sin by your Immaculate Conception. 1. What a sight met your tear-dimmed eyes when you beheld the body of your Son, bruised and mangled and covered with open bloody wounds. How unimportant are the infirmities of the body compared to the infirmities of the soul! And now as Mother of God and Mother of men, and as Queen of Heaven and Earth, you serve as a bond between God and men. Mary, My Mother, help me to imitate your holiness to some degree. In the hope that Life will triumph over death, from this moment and for ever more, we want to sing with you the glory of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. That date was not chosen by accident, but because it is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. Mary, Mother of God, your sorrows are not merely the sorrows of an earthly mother grieving over the death of an only child. Mary, Mother of God, you are the new Eve. Never before did angel greet man with the word "Hail, full of grace." Jesus is my Savior and I have confidence in His infinite merits. As the dawn precedes and announces the coming of the sun, makes the darkness of the night disappear, consoles the sick and rejoices all nature, so you went before and announced Jesus, "The Sun of Justice," who made the darkness of the world disappear by the light of His Gospel, consoled and cured the sick in soul and body and brought an abundance of graces and blessings to the whole world. The prayers of the saints avail only in a limited way. How I long to repeat It unceasingly so as to spread its fame, to carry that fame to every shore, to imprint it on every mind. Your protection never ceases, your intercession brings hope and life. I have saved my soul.". Each time Jesus becomes present in the hands of the priest, the Life given to us by the words of consecration comes originally from. This marked the beginning of your life of suffering together with Jesus. You suffered with Jesus and experienced in your soul what He underwent in His body. The holier a person is and the greater the intimacy of his union with God, the greater also is the power of his prayers. You would have shown your grief as mothers do by sobs and tears. You will be inspired by the overflow of love for Our Lady. You saw clearly the agony you would feel at the crucifixion. Latest news Portuguese bishops announce steps to end sexual abuse in the Church You are the Glory of Jerusalem; you are the Joy of Israel; you are the Honor of our people. The Catholic Church the Gospels, the sacraments, the Mother of Divine Grace as my advocatethese are among the special blessings with which I am favored. I long for your complete dominion over meover my body, my soul, my senses, over all that I am and have. Sanctifying grace likened you to God as it did no other pure creature. Your motherly interest in my needs and the salvation of my soul encourage me to make a prompt appeal to you in all my needs and dangers. Your loving submission to the Divine Will could not dry your tears, but it quieted the agony of your mother-heart. But how careless I am about my spiritual health! You were never under the power of the serpent, whose head you crushed in giving a Redeemer to the world. Let me never esteem worldly wisdom so highly as to pay but little attention to the principles of that wisdom which is from heaven and which alone can make me truly wise and happy. Christ is universal King because He rules all creatures by His personal union with the divinity. 2. How many and how great then, were the graces you received in order to reach the eminent virtue that was yours when, on Calvary, you became the Queen of Martyrs. The divine maternity permits you to love God with a very singular kind of love and to be loved by Him with an equally singular love. Mary, Mother of God, I believe that divine grace is absolutely necessary for the performing of any act that is meritorious for eternal life. Your slightest wish carries with it a powerful appeal. You consented to be the Mother of the Redeemer at the Annunciation, and thus you were willing to share in the sufferings of the Redeemer. He can and does suspend the laws of nature for those who have faith in His goodness and entreat Him in fervent prayer. With you all is pure, virginal, immaculate In you there is no inclination to evilno impure thoughts or desires. Aid me through your influence with your Divine Son, to be a true child of yours and to grow daily into your likeness. This country and every country in North and South America, is born "under God," and under the mantle of Holy Mary, every nation and every person under her . Mary, My Mother, I could go directly to God and ask Him for His grace without your help and that of the Saints, but God has not willed it so. Forming with your Divine Son one spiritual body, we experience the rage of Satan until the end of time. Your heart watches over them tenderly. He became Sovereign Master of the universe and Supreme Judge of the living and the dead. They observed the Law of God most diligently and spent their days in prayer and in works of mercy. It was possible for God to confer it, and He did confer it! The bodies of even the just are corrupted after death, and only on the last day will they be joined, each to its own glorious soul. But saints and writers of the Church speak of devotion to you as a sign of perseverance in good and a happy death. Mary, Mother of God, I turn to you in all my pressing needs and difficulties as to a most sure refuge. Your power and motherly care not only embrace spiritual miseries but also extend to the ills of the body. May He who makes little ones to speak divine wisdom, direct my tongue and pour out upon my soul the grace I need ever to follow His and your example in my state of life. Through your prayers may they and their children honor God by a virtuous life so as to be worthy of a heavenly reward. God might have created a more beautiful world, perfect men. Feast, September 12 (Triduum, September 9-11). Moreover, I am confident that you will obtain for me. It commemorates the profound union of heart that existed between the Mother of the Redeemer and the Savior, through which she experienced many interior sorrows as a consequence of His Mission, but particularly during His Passion and Death. The three Divine Persons declared you Queen of heaven and earth and assigned to you a place at the right hand of Jesus. The husband whom God has destined for you was a man of faith of character, of purity, "a just man." Preserve their faith, assailed at every hour by the forces opposed to Christ. You showed singular prudence during your life. He alone has paid the full price of our ransom, and to this price no one else has contributed. Jesus reigns over us not only by natural right, but also by the right of redemption. Help me to return unceasing thanks to God for His many favors, and keep me humble in possessing and using them. Help me to esteem the light of my reason as a sharing in the divine wisdom, especially when I try to follow the teaching of the Gospel. You were willing to offer Him at this tender age, for the salvation of the world. On this occasion you bore your share of the penalty allotted to woman: "In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children.". Coming from the Latin words cum and patior, compassion means to suffer. As Mother of God you surpass, in an immeasurable degree, all other creatures, angels and men. You appeared as the Woman of the Apocalypse, clothed with the sun, standing on the moon. Attentive to the voice of the Holy Spirit, you diligently gathered up all His lessons, preserving them in your soul with zealous care. Like the injured man in the parable of the good Samaritan, the lady lacked proper clothing, "looked beaten" and abandoned, and came across as "half-dead.". It is impossible for any one to perish who sincerely and humbly cultivates devotion to you. Mary, Mother of God, your name means "full of light" and "light-giving." SEE AS WELL: 10/7/2009 (1 decade ago) Published in Living Faith. The offering of your Son was continued in each Holy Mass ever to be offered, in each Holy Communion ever to be received, in each act of adoration and prayer before the Sacred Host. You hid your miraculous virginity under the mantle of humility. He was with you, and with you alone, in an unspeakable manner by bodily presence. Mary, Mother of God, the sorrowful mysteries of your Holy Rosary remind me of the sorrows, the agony and death of the suffering Christ, the price at which the salvation of our race was accomplished. He wanted the strengthening of the faith of His disciples and the manifestation of His Divinity to depend upon your prayers. Your sorrow would be as deep as the sea. Increase the number of vocations to the priesthood and the religious life and awaken in many young hearts a zeal for the salvation of pagans and sinners. Though it is impossible for me to form any idea of the thoughts that flooded your mind and heart, I beg you to give me at least a spark of that fervor of divine love that burned in your soul. You were united with Jesus when He bestowed special favors. Neither your long absence from home, nor the inconvenience of a difficult and dangerous journey to the mountain country kept you from making this mission of love. The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe is celebrated in parishes and neighborhoods throughout the country with Masses and dancing and celebration, . The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary. For my proud nature, humility is most difficult to practise. He also willed that (2) everywhere the offering of Himself should be presented to the Father through your hands. 2. Who can understand the joy you feel to be able to give happiness to the whole world? If I put my trust in you, I shall be saved. 3. All those whose Queen you are have learnt of Jesus that they must call you Mother and ask your help. Unlike martyrs who endured physical torments, Mary suffered torment in her soul. Like you let me realize my own nothingness. You see me, smile on me, listen to me, stretch your arms out to me, because you hear my prayer and, like a mother, you are anxious to help your child. He was with you in a manner more intimate, more perfect, and more divine than He ever was or will be with any other creature. But the true sanctuary in which you dwelt with God was not the palace of worship at Jerusalem but the immaculate temple of your heart. Help me to love Jesus with all my heart and to show my love for Him by loving you whom He has loved so dearly. You suffered with your Divine Son. More than ever before, we have need of your help today. Mary, My Mother, during all eternity it will be one of our greatest joys to admire the infinite love of God for you whose Son He willed to be, just as He is in all truth the Son of the Father. During His lifetime Jesus cured sickness and disease and even raised the dead to life, because people asked Him to do so in prayer. Tell me how to embrace whatever is best that I may attain the great purpose of my lifeheaven and the possession of Godand how to reject whatever is opposed to it or likely to make this attainment difficult. The gift that God conferred upon you when He chose you to be the Mother of His Divine Son, and the grace that was in proportion to that gift, are beyond the understanding of men and even angels. You are the Mother of the Uncreated Wisdom, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. In fallen man there is, as Saint John reminds us, "the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life" (1 John 2, 16). Teach me to desire ardently all that is pleasing to God, to seek after it prudently, to accept it truthfully and to do it perfectly, for the praise and glory of God. Dear St. Joseph, all the saints and angels, and especially you, my guardian angel and my chosen patron, watch over me. You are truly my model in offering Holy Mass. Your extreme hatred of sin was the measure of your supreme love of virtue. The Church regards you as the rising dawn. Even when I disappoint you by doing my best to shake off the cross God has placed upon my shoulders, you pray for me. You shared more in this wisdom than did any other creature, because you approached nearer to the Source from which it cameJesus, the Eternal Wisdom. I regard that dominion as a shining star lighting and guiding my life. Crowds reach the entry gate to the basilica grounds for the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City. The word compassion derives from the Latin roots cum and patior which means "to suffer with." What a striking lesson you give me by this unlimited confidence in the power and goodness-of your Divine Son! The last beat of His Heart was to be one with yours just as the first had been. Mary, My Mother, you are Queen also because your are Co-Redemptrix. With sincere contrition for my sins I cry to you for help. They then left a small offering of silver required by the Law of Moses. Intense love for the Infinite God withdrew your soul from this earthly life, and caused you death. Here there was a sacrifice, and Jesus was the Victim. "And thy own soul a sword shall pierce." Since you had your place beside Jesus when there was question of ransoming us and meriting for us all the graces necessary for our salvation, you must in like manner have your place beside Him now, when there is question of securing for us by your prayers in heaven the graces prepared for us in view of the merits of Christ. Mary, Mother of God, you are the Virgin most pure because you are the holiest of God's creatures. It was fitting that you should be adorned with the greatest purity ever possible to a creature. Mary, Mother of God, I choose you as my model of Eucharistic devotion. This intimacy with God was the soul of your soulyour very life. Our founder, so moved by her image, vowed to live by her exampleand that's a promise our Mercy Home family still upholds today. Mary, Mother of God, humility is the virtue you especially practised from childhood. You are to be our guide toward the haven of salvation. If I confide my salvation to your loving care and faithfully imitate your virtues, I know you will keep me in your immaculate Heart both now and at the hour of my death. Joachim was of the royal house of David, and Anne of the priestly family of Aaron. Help me to become a child in your school. 3. But we, too, by our union with Jesus, and by the power of His grace, will also be united with Him in His victory over the devil. You stand alone on a throne of greatness and perfection far above the rest of creatures. Not only the Mother of Mexico, but of all the Americas. Your name is the name of the one I love. I need an advocate with God, and therefore I turn to you, the Mother of God. Many parishes, in addition to having a special feast day Mass, also host a reception or party in honor of the day. The whole human race rejoices in you as Queen and Mother. You have become all things to all men; you have opened your Heart to all that all may receive of your generosity: the imprisoned, freedom, the sick, health, the afflicted, consolation; the sinner, pardon; and God, glory. Through the sorrow which you felt during your whole life, but especially when you saw Jesus led to His death and then crucified, obtain for me the grace that I may patiently bear the sufferings which God has seen fit to send me, even as you bore your sufferings. As breathing is not only a sign but even a cause of life, so your name, which is constantly found on the lips of your servants, both proves that they are spiritually alive, and at the same time causes and preserves their life, and gives them every help in their needs. Without God I can do nothing. Mary, Mother of God, I believe what Holy Mother Church teaches about your Immaculate Conception: that from the first moment of your conception you possessed justice and holinessthat is sanctifying grace, even the fullness of grace, with the infused virtues and gifts of the Holy Spirit, and with integrity of nature; yet you remained subject to death and other pains and miseries of life that your Son Himself willed to undergo. Through your all powerful prayers, obtain for me not only God's forgiveness, but also the grace to amend my life and to save my soul. This is the very heart of your apostolate. No apostolic act bears fruit without grace. Those dangers are to be found in the principles and activities of Communism, the present day Anti-Christ, which tries to penetrate every walk of life, every class of society. Mary, My Mother, I beg you for this humility which is so necessary for me that without it I cannot enter God's kingdom, as Jesus reminded His disciples, "Unless you turn and become like little children, you will not enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. In your triumph, as the Mother of the same Word Incarnate, having perfectly followed out the great designs of God upon you, having acquired immense merits by the practice of all the virtues, and having reached the highest holiness, you were assumed body and soul, into Heaven. How happy Jesus must have been to receive the homage that you paid Him! our lady of sorrows feast day. According to earthly standards, nothing could be added to your fullness of grace. Everyday, somewhere in the world, local, regional or universal feast of Our Lady is celebrated. I can picture you alone with your God, following with devotion the life led in common by the virgins of God's house. Through you my own goal becomes more real, more attainable, for the lessons of your life are the doors to eternal peace and happiness.
Recent Arrests In Great Falls, Mt, Articles O