Hoffman also reveals more about the tragic proposal. Wearing a mask and fins, he held a note against the cabin's glass window as Ms Antoine watched on from within. And knowing him, always quick with an off-color joke, hes probably entertaining someone with a story about how he royally screwed up that proposal and died while being extra.". I will do my best to personally thank you all. Copyright 2023 The Washington Times, LLC. Louisiana Man Dies During Underwater Proposal at Tanzania Resort, Girlfriend Says 22 September 2019, 2:15 am A Louisiana woman said her "bucket list" vacation in Tanzania ended tragically after. Its not clear from the post what happened after that. A man drowned while proposing to his girlfriend from outside their underwater hotel room on Thursday, according to a Facebook post by his girlfriend. "He had a great relationship with her, and she had a great relationship with him. A million times, yes, I will marry you!!'" He gave so much of his own .. Hoffman said authorities in Tanzania informed her via email that an autopsy had been conducted, but did not immediately identify a cause of death. The couple had traveled from Louisiana and on Thursday were staying at the luxury Manta Resort, which is famous for its floating accommodations that include underwater rooms. In Antoines post, she wrote that though Weber never got to hear her answer, she accepted wholeheartedly. Steven Weber was from Louisiana. Louisiana man dies during underwater proposal 0:00 1:54 louisiana . How did Steven Weber die exactly? Office No.042-37245953 Ali Akbar 0300-4103013 info@maccatraders.com TORONTO -- A couple from Louisiana had their romantic trip to a Tanzania resort end in tragedy after the man died while proposing to the woman while underwater, according to Steven Weber Jr. proposed to his girlfriend Kenesha Antoine during a She said days before he died, Weber described how blessed they were to be having a once-in-a-lifetime experience together. This is all we keep talking about, she said. The sister of the man who drowned while making an underwater marriage proposal to his girlfriend in Tanzania says he was "a beautiful soul." Mandy Weber Hoffman said her brother Steven Weber. FBiH - Konkursi za turistike vodie i voditelje putnike agencije. Louisiana man drowns while proposing to girlfriend underwater in Tanzania Kenesha Antoine revealed in a heartbreaking Facebook post that boyfriend, Steven . A spokesperson for the State Department said it was aware of the death of an American in Tanzania and was prepared to assist as necessary. Neither Hoffman nor Antoine immediately returned PEOPLEs request for comment. "You were kind, compassionate, you regularly made me cry with laughter, and you showered me with a love like none Id ever experienced," she wrote. The Manta Resort confirmed to NBC in a statement that a male guest drowned while freediving alone outside the underwater room on Thursday. See additional information. types of vendors at festivals. This is all we keep talking about, she told the outlet. The family is awaiting autopsy findings. Weber then produced a ring before swimming up out of view. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your device and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Weber's sister says that Antoine went up to the deck to meet Weber as he emerged but she realized something was wrong, according to the Advocate. Steven Weber never resurfaced after asking Kenesha Antonie to marry him off the coast of Africa. Matthew Saus, CEO of the Manta Resort, previously confirmed to PEOPLE in a statement that a male guest had drowned while free diving alone outside the underwater room. "We offer our sincerest condolences to the family on their loss. Hoffman said Tanzanian authorities informed her by email on Monday that they had conducted an autopsy, but didnt immediately provide a cause of death. According to Hoffman, the family does not yet have Weber's autopsy results and won't know until Monday when his body is going to be brought home. Steven Weber and Kenesha Antoine were staying in a wooden cabin that had a partially . Hoffman said Tanzanian authorities informed her by email Monday that they had conducted an autopsy, but didnt immediately provide a cause of death. Hoffman said Antoine tried to seek help, but was unable to reach resort personnel by phone or radio and eventually flagged down a passing boater. Weber's death first made headlines on Friday after Antoine shared a heartbreaking Facebook post that included a video of Weber's sweet proposal which involved him swimming up to their. A Louisiana man drowned while while trying to make an underwater marriage proposal to his girlfriend while the couple was on vacation. Antoine called Weber a bright light to everyone [he] encountered, adding that he brought so much joy to so many people., "This emptiness will never be filled," said Mandy Hoffman of her brother. As he approached the window, he held up a note sealed in a plastic bag as Anoitne filmed and laughed from the inside. He said: We offer our sincerest condolences to the family on their loss. Don't miss out on the latest news and information. She said the boater found Weber and tried unsuccessfully to revive him. Your subscription could not be saved. Kenesha Antoine of Baton Rouge posted on Facebook early Friday that her boyfriend died before she could tell him yes. . Our sincerest condolences, thoughts and prayers are with his girlfriend, families and friends impacted by this tragic accident, said the resorts chief executive, Matthew Saus. 300 meters offshore. He was wearing a mask and flippers but no breathing equipment. The CEO of Manta Resort, Matthew Saus, did not immediately respond to questions from BuzzFeed News. Mandy Hoffman, Weber's sister, said her family still didn't have answers as to what led to her brother's death, but said they hope Antoine will be able to fill in the blanks when she returns to the United States. The couple was vacationing at The Manta Resort on Pemba Island in Tanzania. The sister of a Louisiana man who died last week during an underwater marriage proposal in Tanzania said Monday that relatives are wondering just how he died. Haunting footage shows Steven Weber Jr., of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, popping the question to his partner in a swimming pool in Tanzania, East Africa, this week. A video posted by Antoine shows the 40-year-old Weber swimming outside the underwater room holding a handwritten proposal note. Claudia Koerner is an editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles. His beautiful eyes and infectious smile will stay with us forever.. His . You are here: swimming alliteration; tigerbait com lsu football recruiting news forums; man dies proposing underwater autopsy . Buteverything I love about you I love more every day!. The Manta Resort confirmed to NBC News that a male guest drowned while freediving alone outside the underwater room on Thursday. They were at an island resort off the east coast of Africa late last week when Steve Weber drowned while asking Kenesha Antoine to marry him. Footage shows Mr Weber diving under water to ask Ms Antoine to marry him. "I know that wherever in the universe Stevens spirit now resides, that is exactly what hes doing: giving love and spreading joy and laughter. Marry me???". July 3, 2022 July 3, 2022. For Antoine and Weber itwas a dream come true. And here we are in the prime of our lives doing this. I cant begin to thank everyone for their prayers and the outpouring of kindness and love.. A man dies of a brain-eating amoeba, possibly from rinsing his sinuses with tap water | KSFR His note read: "I can't hold my breath long enough to tell you everything I love about you. Meal service is provided by boat delivery but the rooms are not staffed. Something other happened besides him running out of breath.. Creator Kazuki Takahashi Died While Trying to Save a U.S. Solider and Girl from Riptide, Health Worker Living in Canada Drowned in Swimming Pool During Live Stream: 'It Is Terrible,' Says Dad. The sister of the man who drowned while making an underwater marriage proposal to his girlfriend in Tanzania says he was "a beautiful soul." Mandy Weber Hoffman said her brother Steven Weber had . Yes! Steven Weber Jr. of Baton Rouge was making an unforgettable marriage proposal to his girlfriend, Kenesha Antoine. "You never emerged from those depths, so you never got to hear my answer, 'Yes! A million times, yes, I will marry you!! Kenesha Antoine wrote on Facebook Friday morning that her boyfriend, Steven Weber. Hes a romantic. Though she tried to get help, Antoine was unable to contact resort personnel by phone or by radio, and eventually had to flag down a passing boater to help find Weber, Hoffman told the AP. MAN - A romantic man drowned while asking his girlfriend to marry him at an island resort off the east coast of Africa. Loss of Man Who Died During Underwater Proposal to Girlfriend Is Unbearable, Louisiana Man Drowns After Proposing to Girlfriend Underwater: You Never Got to Hear My Answer, Boy, 12, Dead After Collapsing During No-Contact Football Practice: 'He Was So Happy to Be There', 2 Students from Same Atlanta High School Found Dead, Police Say Cases Are Unrelated, Boy, 14, Killed at North Carolina Rodeo During First Bull Ride: 'My Lil Cowboy', Georgia Swim Instructor Charged in Drowning Death of 4-Year-Old Boy, Real-Life Mermaids Rescue Struggling Scuba Diver in California: 'It Was a Fairytale', Whitney Houston's Death: The Details Behind Her Sudden Passing, Journalist Grant Wahl Died of an Aortic Aneurysm, Family Says, Giant 'Freak' Wave Kills 3 and Injures 17 on South Africa Beach, 'The White Lotus' Season 2 Finale: How It Ended and Who Died, 'Yu-Gi-Oh!' This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Kenesha Antoine shared the. Home apostrophe skincare vs curology man dies proposing underwater autopsy. A Louisiana woman says her boyfriend died soon after delivering an underwater proposal, which she received standing inside the couple's submerged resort hotel room. A male guest tragically drowned while free diving alone outside the underwater room. White House: Trump Attending Australia Golf Tournament, New England Patriots: Brady Wins 30-14 Over Jets. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Said Webers sister Mandy Hoffman, when he swam in front of the windows of an underwater hotel room looking out into the turquoise blue waters. The circumstances of his death, which the resort said was accidental, were not immediately clear. He leaves behind many who loved him. What You Need to Know, First Fil-Canadian judge will receive honorary degree, Kanye Wests Lawsuit Against College Dropout Burgers Dismissed. Weber was vacationing with his girlfriend, Kenesha Antoine, when he proposed with a handwritten note and a ring box outside the window of the couples underwater hotel room. His loss and his passing is going to create a void in our lives that we will ever be able to fill, the statement began. "We offer our sincerest condolences to the family on their loss," the spokesperson said. "I cant hold my breath long enough to tell you everything I love about you. March 29, 2020 September 24, 2019 by ittynG in Categories News. the investigation continues in tanzania the manta resort, where the couple wa Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? By providing an email address. 24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events. A State Department official confirmed the death of a U.S. citizen in Tanzania to PEOPLE, but declined further comment. Share on Facebook; . Our sincerest condolences, thoughts and prayers are with his girlfriend, families and friends impacted by this tragic accident, Matthew Saus said in a statement to PEOPLE. She also said Weber wasn't immediately recovered from the water, but Antoine was able to flag down boaters, who helped pull his body out of the ocean. She is the creator of the blogStayat Home Pundit and she is a cohostof the weekly podcast The More Perfect Union. A Louisiana man reportedly drowned after he asked his girlfriend to marry him in an underwater proposal, she said in a social media post. man dies proposing underwater autopsy. Webersaid to her Ive seen a few cancer patients on this trip, and it dawned on me that this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing that people want to experience before they die. Our sincerest condolences, thoughts, and prayers are with his girlfriend, families, and friends impacted by this tragic accident, resort CEO Matthew Saus said in the statement. Yes! In her Facebook post, Ms Antoine said Mr Weber "never got to hear her answer" to his proposal, which would have been "a million times, yes". ? He then produced a ring in a box, which he showed Anoitne before swimming toward the surface. Man Dies After Underwater Proposal Goes Wrong By R.J. Johnson - @rickerthewriter September 22, 2019 One man's plan to give his girlfriend an unforgettable proposal turned into tragedy this week after he died while asking his love to marry him while underwater during a vacation in Tanzania. He's just a beautiful, beautiful wonderful person and I want everyone to know that.". The mother of the Louisiana man who died in Tanzania while proposing to his girlfriend underwater is still awaiting the return of her baby boy, nearly one week after his tragic death. Something other happened besides him running out of breath.. The sister of a Louisiana man who died during an underwater marriage proposal in Tanzania last week says authorities have conducted an autopsy but didn't provide his cause of death. Steven Weber and his girlfriend, Kenesha Antoine, were staying in a submerged cabin at the. You never met a stranger, and you brought so much joy to so many people. She said the boats owner had found Weber and tried unsuccessfully to revive him. The depth of the water around the underwater room is 10 meters., RELATED VIDEO: Husband Helplessly Watched Wife Drown in Hurricane Dorian Floodwaters. The message read: I can't hold my breath long enough to tell you everything I love about you. "We love him. 2023 BBC. I cant hold my breath long enough to tell you everything I love about you but everything I love about you I love more every day, the note read. Investigators have not determined a cause of death after a Zachary man died in Tanzania last week attempting an underwater marriage proposal. We want him back here in the United States. Please try again. The US Department of State said it is aware of the death of a US citizen in Tanzania, in East Africa. . "We never got to embrace and celebrate the beginning of the rest of our lives together, as the best day of our lives turned into the worst, in the cruelest twist of fate imaginable," his girlfriend said. Hoffman previously told KSLA and the Associated Press that Weber and Antoine had been dating for two years after meeting through a mutual friend, and were in Tanzania as part of a birthday trip for Antoine. Florida health officials are investigating the death and urging people to take precautions. We are so blessed.Weber's sister Mandy Hoffman told CNN "The trip had been planned for almost a year, and they were very much looking forward to it. We stand ready to provide all appropriate consular assistance," it said. Man Died Proposing To His Girlfriend Underwater. Speaking with the Associated Press, Webers sister Mandy Hoffman said when Antoine had gone to the deck level of the structure, which is anchored to the seafloor by cables, Weber never surfaced. Home / Uncategorized / man dies proposing underwater autopsy. TANZANIA (KETK) - An American man died while proposing to his girlfriend underwater at a resort, according to a report from NBC News. You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. Debra Weber, whose son Steven Weber Jr. died just after popping the question to girlfriend Kenesha Antoine while on vacation, recalled in a heartbreaking Facebook post the moment she learned the news that would change her life forever. I cant hold my breath long enough to tell you everything I love about you BUTeverything I love about you I love more every day! the note read. Gerardo Mora/Getty Images Killer whale "Tilikum" performs on March 30, 2011. a year after the six-ton whale killed trainer Dawn Brancheau. Yes! His beautiful eyes and infectious smile will stay with us forever," the statement said. I will try to take solace in the fact that we enjoyed the most amazing bucket list experiences these past few days, and that we both were so happy and absolutely giddy with excitement in our final moments together. The sister of the Louisiana man who died while proposing to his girlfriend underwater is still grappling with her brothers cause of death, as she says he was a strong swimmer with experience snorkeling. Marry Me???. ", In a statement on a GoFundMe page to help pay for his return back to the US and burial expenses, Weber's family called his death "unbearable for all who loved him.". "Everyone is shaken to the core," he told the BBC, describing what happened to Weber as a tragic accident. The family said in a statement: We lost this beautiful soul on Thursday, September 19, 2019. "Out of respect tot he family during this difficult time, we have no further comment.". "We stand ready to provide all appropriate consular assistance. A gofundme page has been set up by weber's family to help with funeral expenses. To find out more, please click this link. An American man has drowned while proposing to his girlfriend underwater on holiday in Tanzania. Breakdown: Which College Majors Lead to the Biggest Paychecks? Steven Weber Jr.'s relatives said he was a "strong" swimmer who had been. The man surnamed Zhu from Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China had pre-existing coronary heart disease and high blood pressure, reported Oriental Daily. todayJune 21, 2022 mark mcgoldrick mount kellett And I know in his mind, this was the best way to do this so that Kenesha could have this memory forever, she told KSLA. Kenesha Antoine filmed Steven Weber's romantic marriage proposal off Pemba Island, Tanzania, Kenesha Antoine and Steven Weber were on a "once-in-a-lifetime" trip when the accident happened, Zanzibar police are investigating the circumstances of Steven Weber's death, Mr Weber wrote "I can't hold my breath long" in his proposal note, The Manta Resort's underwater room costs $1,700-a-night (1,300), confirming Mr Weber's death in a Facebook post, Boy, 12, 'drowned while swimming with brother', Man drowns in Austrian lake after suffering cramp in foot, AOC under investigation for Met Gala dress, Canadian grandma helps police snag phone scammer, The children left behind in Cuba's exodus, Mother who killed her five children euthanised. It is believed he ran out of breath and fell unconscious underwater in the pool which had glass windows on its side. Hoffman said Antoine had tried to seek help, but was unable to reach resort personnel by phone or radio and eventually flagged down a passing boat. Can Nigeria's election result be overturned? You never emerged from those depths, so you never got to hear my answer, Yes! Love to you all.. He then flipped the note to show the other side, which read: "Will you please be my wife. ", On Sunday, she wrote on Facebook that she was "in transit home" and that Weber's family was "dealing with the complicated logistics of bringing a deceased American citizen back to the States. A man died while diving underwater to propose to his girlfriend at a resort off the coast of tanzania. I will try to take solace in the fact that we enjoyed the most amazing bucket list experiences these past few days, and that we both were so happy and absolutely giddy with excitement in our final moments together.. Contact Claudia Koerner at claudia.koerner@buzzfeed.com. SEASIDE PARK, N.J. - In the last 24 hours, in Brigantine, a dolphin washed up on the shore and a dead whale is floating offshore of Seaside Park. "I will try to take solace in the fact that we enjoyed the most amazing bucket list experiences these past few days, and that we both were so happy and absolutely giddy with excitement in our final moments together.". (It was) the trip of a lifetime, and (he) really wanted to surprise Kenesha with this proposal. People with Disabilities. A Louisiana man died while attempting a special underwater proposal, her girlfriend posted on social media. Steven Weber Jr., of Baton Rouge died this week while. Read about our approach to external linking. "We never got to embrace and celebrate the beginning of the rest of our lives together, as the best day of our lives turned into the worst, in the cruelest twist of fate imaginable," Antoine said. A man died while diving underwater to propose to his girlfriend at a resort off the coast of Tanzania. Antoine shared the news of Weber's death on her Facebook page . (AFP) -- NAIROBI -- An American man has drowned while proposing to his girlfriend underwater at an idyllic island off the coast of Tanzania, a luxury resort said in a statement Sunday. Man Dies After Proposing to His Girlfriend Underwater | NowThis NowThis News 2.22M subscribers 119K views 3 years ago This man died while proposing to his girlfriend underwater at a. He was with the love of his life, doing what he loved in life - adventure. In the clip, Weber swims up to their rooms window and unfurls a handwritten declaration of love (kept dry in a plastic bag) before opening a ring box. She said Weber and Antoine had been in Africa for more than a week and had also gone on a safari. Email us attips@the-sun.co.ukor call 0207 782 4368 . ! she wrote. Yuliya Talmazan is a London-based journalist. An American man has died while proposing to his girlfriend underwater during a vacation in Tanzania. Steven Weber drowned while asking Kenesha Antoine to marry him at an island resort off the east coast of Africa Thursday. Yes, we were, my perfect love, my angel, my soul. "However, they were not able to bring him back and thats what we know right now.". You never emerged from those depths, so you never got to hear my answer, Yes! Steven Weber and Kenesha Antoine were staying in Pemba Island, CNN. We stand ready to provide all appropriate consular assistance," a State Department spokesperson said. In a video posted to Facebook by Antoine, Weber can be seen freediving to the window of the underwater bedroom. Deputies rushed to the man using the latitude and longitude sent by his iPhone By Ffion Haf Published: 05:54 EST, 3 March 2023 | Updated: 06:21 EST, 3 March 2023 She said Weber had been snorkelling multiple times and was a strong swimmer. Antoine recorded the proposal and could be heard excitedly giggling as Weber put a note on a glass window that read, "I cant hold my breath long enough to tell you everything I love about you but everything I love about you, I love more every day," according to Antoine's Facebook post. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. A million times, yes, I will marry you! An official from the US State Department said yesterday that authorities are aware of reports of the death of a US citizen in Tanzania, reports The Advocate. man dies proposing underwater autopsy. Costing $1,700-a-night (1,300), the cabin is anchored in water around 10m (32ft) deep. He had a slight pulse whenever they brought him, but they tried to do CPR and they just couldnt bring him back.. "We never got to embrace and celebrate the beginning of the rest of our lives together, as the best day of our lives turned into the worst, in the cruelest twist of fate imaginable," Antoine said. The sister of a Louisiana man who died last week during an underwater marriage proposal in Tanzania said Monday that relatives are wondering just how he died. What's the least amount of exercise we can get away with? "I will try to take solace in the fact that we enjoyed the most amazing bucket list experiences these past few days, and that we both were so happy and absolutely giddy with excitement in our final moments together.". Skip Navigation. American Man Drowns During Underwater Marriage Proposal In Tanzania, They were staying at a resort that featured underwater rooms, Richard Ragland Drowned In 2017; His Recently Found GoPro Reveals How He Died, Cheyenne Hedrick And Dalton Cottrell Were On Their Honeymoon When He Drowned During First Time In Ocean, Everything To Know About Post Malone's Daughter, Her Name & His Life As A Dad, Man Feels 'Torn' After His Fianc Attempts To Stop His Ex-Wife From Attending His Dad's Funeral They Share 2 Kids, A Man Proposed To His Girlfriend At His Brother's Wedding So His Brother Framed Him For Cheating. Mandy Hoffman tells The Associated Press that brother Steven Weber Jr. died Thursday at a resort on Pemba Island. US man drowns while proposing marriage to his girlfriend in Tanzania, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning, Kenesha Antoine and Steven Weber were holidaying in Tanzania when he drowned while proposing marriage to her, Kenesha Antoine posted a video of Steven Webers underwater proposal to her on Facebook after he died, making an unforgettable marriage proposal to his girlfriend.
Travis Milne Married, 5 Letter Words With Ou Ending In D, Articles M