In Stock. 4-12.75 HP Horizontal Crankshaft. "dateModified": "2014-09-22", The next is a rare one, the number "28". Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. I can hear the governor working when pressing hydro pedal to go forward and reverse. Engine sounds ok. Verify the throttle linkage rod is connected to the lever on your governor. endstream endobj 117 0 obj << /Type /XObject /Subtype /Image /Width 272 /Height 37 /BitsPerComponent 8 /ColorSpace 112 0 R /Length 464 /Filter /DCTDecode >> stream Make sure the carb bolts are tight and not creating an air leak. That's the screw at the throttle plate quadrant where the governor rod hooks to the carb. Hold the two in place, and tighten the nut on the bottom of the governor arm (which you loosened in the previous step) with an open-end wrench. 106 0 obj << /Linearized 1 /O 108 /H [ 707 325 ] /L 216539 /E 4425 /N 24 /T 214300 >> endobj xref 106 14 0000000016 00000 n Please enable Cookies and reload the page. The most common reason for. Armature. $9.99. The spring is countering that by being stretched the maximum. 14107 2832309131 The gov arm has three holes. I think that's my problem. Start engine and see if it works. I am thinking the governor arm might be slightly out of adjustment with the governor weights. endstream endobj 1 0 obj << /Type /Page /Parent 100 0 R /Resources 2 0 R /Contents 3 0 R /MediaBox [ 0 0 612 792 ] /CropBox [ 0 0 612 792 ] /Rotate 0 >> endobj 2 0 obj << /ProcSet [ /PDF /Text /ImageB ] /Font << /F1 110 0 R /F2 114 0 R /F3 95 0 R /F4 96 0 R >> /XObject << /Im2 97 0 R /Im3 4 0 R /Im4 5 0 R /Im5 6 0 R /Im6 7 0 R /Im7 8 0 R >> /ExtGState << /GS1 115 0 R >> /ColorSpace << /Cs5 111 0 R >> >> endobj 3 0 obj << /Length 2715 /Filter /FlateDecode >> stream I am going to take a closer look at the holes to see if I can find any wear. I have a case Ingersol 444 with the 14 HP Kohler engine - which I am not sure, is setup properly. Part #: 22-174. K(I1 S Jd$I$H$$I$)st))&!$.h]IvK]K] I$DJ@$RLIIF { %PDF-1.2 % Move the governor lever toward the carburetor as far as it will go, (wide open position) Hold in this position. The engine starts and runs great no smoke and it seems to have a lot of torque. "@type": "InteractionCounter", After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. With the throttle plate blocked in the wide open position, rotate the cross-shaft counterclockwise until it stops. "url": "https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/graphics/smllogo.png", Remove the nail. I don't ever recall having to change this unless there was an above mentioned binding issue or worn governor arm to throttle arm linkage looseness/etc. Repairing Various Older Briggs & Stratton Carburetors. To make Briggs and Stratton governor spring adjustment, the governor arm beneath the screw needs to be loosened. Watch the governor arm. I did mine and the spring was still 1/2" too long. "name": "Yesterday's Tractor Co.", To staticly adjust the governor, locate the governor arm and loosen the nut on the bottom of the arm. JKafnQFNazvAZV~jf^JF.LNIJY )0. I think the engine governor noise is more subtle because it is a 14 hp. Bought a new one from New Holland ant it was too long also, so I bent it like the old one was. Engine sounds ok. I took pictures when I took it apart but I lost all my pictures on my computer. Sq Neck Bolt Rhd. This is how they taught us in Briggs factory school. It is so confusing to try to remember that stuff. trailer << /Size 120 /Info 104 0 R /Root 107 0 R /Prev 214289 /ID[<9fed5e4c85caf28a7725140f2c7ce5a2>] >> startxref 0 %%EOF 107 0 obj << /Type /Catalog /Pages 101 0 R /Metadata 105 0 R >> endobj 118 0 obj << /S 265 /Filter /FlateDecode /Length 119 0 R >> stream It's pretty simple to do. Install all the throttle linkages, governor parts, etc., in their respective places. With the arm still in the carb full open position, TURN THE GOVERNOR SHAFT AS FAR AS IT WILL TURN IN THE SAME DIRECTION IT ROTATES WHEN IT OPENS THE CARB. By the way - the numbers on the carburetor mounting flange refer to part numbers. 2421103S . Tom Fritchman is a freelancer who has been writing professionally since 2009. Governor should have little effect on idle speed. I turned the adjustment screw on the throttle side and that is the max RPM's in can get. $3.58 $5.22. kohler governor 24 090 57-S With Springs And Throttle Linkage. Now tighten the bolt. $8.55 Options Add to Cart. ,;W6_m74-vJHqwpY!2k@{awz\Y^zeR@!YVLebu 5y"A1 JJ1%;" Coq^0p%9e\y8W And then you need to locate the governor shaft connected clip, turn the underneath part in a counterclockwise motion. "height": 57 Follow these. I would start by putting the spring in hole number 2 on both the governor and throttle levers. Hunker may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story. }, Check the engine control to assure it stops against the high idle RPM stop bracket. "name": "Rrobert" Start with the middle hole. When the engine cranks, the governor moves the throttle linkage to the idle position. Ships from and sold by Outdoor Power Equipment. It's cheaper to build just one length spring and then folks can adapt it to their application.. Start with the middle hole. Free Shipping & No Tax. I don't have the weight of the deck on it, so that might solve that issue. At the moment the generator runs well enough, with voltage, under load or idle, at between 119 - 121, but the operation and speed is not . Full throttle speed adjustment is made either by making adjustment on the plate where the throttle cable is attached or adjusting spring tension from the throttle plate to the governor arm. This will make the throttle wide open. Move the spring towards the cross shaft to increase governor response sensitivity. Fabricate a foolproof type of foot-operated throttle control setup on a pulling tractor. The venturi measures .937" in diameter. I bought what was supposed to be the correct spring according to the spec #, but still had to shorten it about a 1/2" for it to work. m . I have the Kohler 'service manual'; . We have the Governor Spring you need, with fast shipping and great prices! The engine free revs to the point of floating valves at about 1/2 throttle. Please refer to Kohler publications TP-2379 single-cylinder engine manual, and P-2377-D carburetor reference manual. Set throttle with the idle adjustment screw. I don't have a governor spring in hand but my guess is that it is about 3" long and connects to another movable link. This small engine part registers the change in air pressure around the spinning flywheel. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. And the throttle bore in a #26 Carter or Kohler carburetor cannot be bored large enough to match the size of a #28 carburetor. 0000001390 00000 n :wallbanging: Larry, there is a photo of the governor on my 314 here. Engine RPM is not set by the governor spring. Insert your nail into the hole that has opened up in the cross shaft. 6. Good luck, AL". ($). To Test Solenoid Hold-In Coil. NOTE: When the application throttle control lever is in the slow position the engine governor spring must be free of tension or pushing pressure. It is so confusing to try to remember that stuff. It could be the 14hp is supposed to be quiet? Watch the governor arm. NOTE: Do not move the governor spring to Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! Diagnosed bad gas. Push the governor lever towards the carburetor. I haven't run it with the deck yet. look for wear in the holes in the governor and throttle to see the most likely place the spring was last. Move the arm back and forth, the carb will go from idle stop to full open. It uses a mechanical centrifugal flyweight system that holds the engine speed constant even when load conditions change. Tom (PK) SmilinSam President Administrators 3,868 12,025 posts Trader Feedback 0 0 0 Total Rating N/A Now the thing just wants to surge under no load it was doing it before but not . Please try again. $2.27 Options Add to Cart. 0000002695 00000 n Kohler Command PRO CH23 Pdf User Manuals. The governor sensitivity is adjusted by the position of the governor spring. }, Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V. But I am not sure how to set sensitivity. spring. You can download a free Kohler K engine manual off of the internet, just do a search for it. Rotate the governor arm so the throttle is in the wide open position. The problem is by adjustment for one thing you screw up something else.. The other end has a series of holes and if you read the manual bit further on it will instruct you how to decide which hole to attach the spring to. And I think you PTO bearing needs replaced. With the venturi removed (bored out venturi, making it have an unrestricted straight-through throttle bore), this carburetor will flow 98 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is about 1.3 times or 65% more airflow. Tighten the hex nut to a setting of 60 inch-pounds using your hex wrench. Kohler 24-089-15-S Governor Spring Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Part Visit the Kohler Store 5 ratings $1105 Sold on Amazon Buy it with + + Total price: $36.96 Add all three to Cart Some of these items ship sooner than the others. 0000001032 00000 n Disconnect the spark plug wire from the spark plug by pulling on the black rubber boot that covers the tip of the spark plug. Posted September 2, 2014. "headline":"Help with kohler governor linkage", Sign up for a new account in our community. Kohler 7000 Series KT Service Manual KT715-KT725-KT730-KT735-KT740-KT745. Only 5 left in stock - order soon. 2 Safety 3 Maintenance 5 Speci cations 13 Tools and Aids 16 Troubleshooting 20 0000001190 00000 n Check the air filter. INSTALLATION. Mar 18, 2018 / Kohler engine surging, seems to be governor #3. Mine has a different throttle setup than that. He told me it would have to be shortened . His first writing credit was actually a stage play called "Window Watching" performed at the Northmont Auditorium in Clayton, Ohio. I might have an old auto tach on a tune-up meter. Follow these instruction to adjust and mechanical Governor.Try Amazon Prime for Free; https://amzn.to/3L88YHP Purchase your Drone here; https://amzn.to/3DokNroMilitary model Train: https://amzn.to/3FdPz5MVery cool toy train: https://amzn.to/3Flm0kmNice KCS Shirt: https://amzn.to/3DLCiSt \"As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.\" When it stops, hold it in place and pull back on the governor arm as far as it will go. Kohler Part # 2408950S Governor Spring $6.87. Just remember it ALWAYS turns in the same direction it turns to open the carb, and it is always set with the carb wide open. When I go from reverse to forwoard, the front wheels pop off the ground. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, attachments, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. It's easy! I'd get a pic, but the tractor is enjoying a life of ease in a friends garage 20 miles away. I don't have the weight of the deck on it, so that might solve that issue. Model Number 20RESC. May 22, 2013 / Kohler Courage SV600 - closed throttle #9 shauncavett said: the choke rod has a spring on it.but the rod to the throttle has no spring. That's all that's to it! TIGHTEN THE CLAMP. When the engine slows down while cutting through thick grass, the governor opens the throttle automatically, thus maintaining the preset engine speed. We have the Kohler Small Engine Governor you need, with fast shipping and great prices. Have you seen . Next with nut loose on Governor cross shaft lever, turn the cross shaft Counterclockwise (CCW) as far as it will go. The governor sensitivity is adjusted by the position of the governor spring. The choke linkage is adjustable once the RPM has been set. Had the same problem with a briggs engine, as to how to hook up the gov. It has a 28-millimeter or 1.17" diameter throttle bore. Air blown by the flywheel also begins to increase, causing the governor blade to pull the throttle plate . Start the engine. Kohler Governor adjustment step by step . The third is the number "30", which is also used on the 14hp, 16hp, 18hp OHV (model K361) and larger opposed flathead twin-cylinder engines. This, in turn, pushes on the tab of the governor cross shaft. 95xxxx): Align and mount the Throttle and Governor Springs throttle control bracket to the top of the crankcase 1. A governor tries to lower the rpm using a force varied by engine rpm. SmilinSam, April 13, 2014 in Talking Tractors. This is an original replacement part soured directly from the manufacturer. "@type": "ImageObject", Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. Kohler Part # 1508907S Governor Spring. "datePublished": "2014-09-22", Ships from and sold by Pitt Auto Electric Co. Get it Feb 14 - 17. It's used on the 10hp (model K241), 12hp (model K301), and small opposed flathead twin-cylinder engines. eUrSeE9Es0?J.B@GfE 2[L @ @2A&q4P]4KSA=3aa` 0 QL endstream endobj 119 0 obj 216 endobj 108 0 obj << /Type /Page /Parent 100 0 R /Resources 109 0 R /Contents 113 0 R /MediaBox [ 0 0 612 792 ] /CropBox [ 0 0 612 792 ] /Rotate 0 >> endobj 109 0 obj << /ProcSet [ /PDF /Text /ImageB ] /Font << /F1 110 0 R /F2 114 0 R >> /XObject << /Im1 117 0 R >> /ExtGState << /GS1 115 0 R >> /ColorSpace << /Cs5 111 0 R /Cs9 112 0 R >> >> endobj 110 0 obj << /Type /Font /Subtype /Type1 /Encoding /WinAnsiEncoding /BaseFont /Helvetica-Bold >> endobj 111 0 obj [ /CalRGB << /WhitePoint [ 0.9505 1 1.089 ] /Gamma [ 2.22221 2.22221 2.22221 ] /Matrix [ 0.4124 0.2126 0.0193 0.3576 0.71519 0.1192 0.1805 0.0722 0.9505 ] >> ] endobj 112 0 obj [ /Separation /Black 111 0 R 116 0 R ] endobj 113 0 obj << /Length 776 /Filter /FlateDecode >> stream Loosen the nut on the bottom of the L-shaped governor arm about one full turn with an open end wrench to loosen the governor arm from the governor cross shaft. In Stock, 25+ available. Which is the correct way to move the spring to do this.? "@id":"https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=gardent&th=124566", $48.00 $69.07. CS4, CS6 . Move the spring towards the cross shaft to increase governor response sensitivity. You can also go here for further details and pictures: Optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution. ATS Sold Separately. Mine measures 8" and doesn't hook up correctly but it wasn't when I bought the tractor either It was hooked over the edge of the throttle lever . ", 55. Move the arm back and forth, the carb will go from idle stop to full open. muf er side. Small Engine Governor Gear Small Engine Governor Link Small Engine Governor Spring Popular Kohler Small Engine Governor More Info Your Price: $2.27 Qty: Add to Cart More Info Your Price: $11.13 Qty: I didn't want to set the idle screw to adjust the working RPM because I want to be able to idle engine down. You can set the settings on your Kohler engine governor in a few simple steps. HWr}W>L0fp-_JY C6P!.$eTEtOg^|UZU)wk5%Z^f}F^"^nX2a?#n9{hg>[qbyfeo/^cp >3,H,eY{E? A bored-out #26 carburetor will outperform a stock (non-bored) #30 carburetor at high RPMs. Jun 30, 2015. There is a hook on one end of the EXPLORE KOHLER'S 150TH [AKeagU.U\67-3s Hb```f``: @ (5d`bP0T6d-d/O$} So basically you can't do much for it. 7. 0000002590 00000 n Grasp the cross shaft just beneath the governor arm with a pair of needlenose pliers, and rotate the cross shaft counter-clockwise as far as it will turn. Locate the throttle fly mechanism on the top of the carburetor. Genuine Kohler Part # 14-089-14-S Fits Specific Kohler Models That Require This Part # (NOT ALL) Mine also seems too long but I haven't done the governor adjustment. Went to youtube and typed in the engine # and a video came up showing all spring connections. w\]Kkpae}~ymni.,,O/9865;:9321 &G'xXh^nMmkmjil -UuMVTJ_\WT[Xs Fasten the speed control lever } Ultimately, engine speed is a balancing act between the governor weights (inside the engine) and spring tension applied by the throttle cable. "@id": "https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/" In Stock. Re-install the spring. This item: Kohler Part # 24 089 46-S SPRING, GOVERNOR (BLACK) $11.74. I didn't want to set the idle screw to adjust the working RPM because I want to be able to idle engine down. Step 3 Locate the throttle fly mechanism on the top of the carburetor. Your governor linkage is now properly set. I'm working on a riding mower for a neighbor and it would seem that the governor is inop. Found a lower price? "height": 57 Fast & Free shipping on many items! There is a small torsion Spring in the governor assembly PN 52 089 08. It should have a linkage spring that stretches horizontally to the L-shaped governor arm. Your governor linkage is now properly set. To set the governor on a Kohler (or virtually any engine). Kohler CV14S. Kohler K/M governed idle and sensitivity By RED-Z06, December 27, 2021 in Engines Senior Advanced Member #1 Posted December 27, 2021 My M12S runs great except at low throttle input, at say 1/4 throttle i dont get governor compensation.even at near 1/2 throttle, i get little response under a load. Many books say turn it clockwise or counter clockwise depending on the engine. Tighten the nut and that will do it. That's the screw at the throttle plate quadrant where the governor rod hooks to the carb. Clamp the pair of vice-grips on the shaft coming through the governor arm. And it doesn't matter how long or short the link is because the governor is adjusted by the clamp on the cross shaft. 54. A bored-out #26 carburetor will outperform a stock (non-bored) #28 carburetor at high RPMs. 53. Show you how to adjust Kohler Governor. Loosen the bolt that clamps the lever to the governor cross-shaft that protrudes out of the engine block. There is a governor spring connected to the carburetor and you can identify the throttle rod viewing its length. This is how they taught us in Briggs factory school. A235743-S Replaces: A235157, A237031, 2504304, 4704202. That's why there are so many moving parts and springs. When I go from reverse to forwoard, the front wheels pop off the ground. Thanks. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in language and literature from Wright State University. I think the engine governor noise is more subtle because it is a 14 hp. Remote Monitoring Included. '>OM[c>%]vY`6cp0nFST9 I used middle hole based on a 13 hp engine I saw in boneyard. That makes sense. Pull the governor arm until the carburetor is in the wide-open position. For instance, many Cub Cadet lawn tractors are powered by Kohler engines. Replace the air filter. The cable. Moving the spring away from the cross shaft decreases governor response. . And the throttle bore in a #26 Carter or Kohler carburetor cannot be bored large enough to match the size of a #30 carburetor. 'Qn-!6^=Ic7{b6]>{<4dA)+vUhoW-9YZsm{#e:u(LFL52~MZ]J&llbmgQH-3GsI8Nh|YQRvZ4=..BLvGaK^8!eY?=jZ0ZSBNUMuXy4vG6=`p,bk}v]I;mTUc7+T]te\}|a*c{|;(@m nhV6ey='GlS6mG>Jes&z*o;@_qPl\{d>?dX|;{~K}MSix-B. Gently turn the vice-grips counter-clockwise until the shaft stops moving. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. spring. I am setting RPM by moving throttle cable. Complete exploded views of all the major manufacturers. Copyright 2016, Simple trACtors, LLC and Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractor Club, Inc. $7.85 . I can hear the governor working when pressing hydro pedal to go forward and reverse. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. If the linkages are set up a certain way you have to turn the governor shaft clockwise. *Starting price in US dollars. Step 1 Disconnect the spark plug wire from the spark plug by pulling on the black rubber boot that covers the tip of the spark plug. The throttle bore "wall" is simply too thin. "@type": "WebPage", Solenoid Tests. With the venturi removed, it'll flow 107 CFM, which is about 1.3 times or 75% more airflow. Set throttle with the idle adjustment screw. The first carburetor is the number "26". Model: 2408950S; UPC: 87206451201; Shipping Weight: 0.3lbs; Manufactured by: Kohler; We Also Ship Saturdays* 888-652-3990. These engines have a governor that is connected to the throttle to keep the engine running smoothly under varied workloads. Push the throttle lever to the full throttle position. } it was sitting at 3000. Welcome! At OMB Warehouse, we strive to provide the greatest selection and quality of parts for your outdoor power equipment.Need other parts to complete your project? Install all the throttle linkages, governor parts, etc., in their respective places. My 212 with the same engine is at 3400. http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/6516-the-engine-is-back-in-the-314-and-running/. Kohler 14-089-14-S Governor Spring Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Part Visit the Kohler Store 26 ratings $823 Brand New Genuine Kohler 14-089-14-S Governor Spring 2800-3300 RPM OEM. 53. When you open the throttle with the engine dead it could pull the carb wide open. The governor arm will have a series of holes for the linkage spring. Place governor body in position on valve body. Chuck Arti Registered Joined Aug 31, 2012 1,056 Posts Fuel Type Natural Gas, LPG. That's the screw at the throttle plate quadrant where the governor rod hooks to the carb. Loosen the nut that holds the governor lever to the cross shaft with your hex wrench. it was gutless so i followed the service manual and readjusted the throttle then set the RPM to 3600 with my tacho using the speed control bracket. . Your Kohler engine's governor regulates, or governs, the speed at which your engine operates. craftsman 42" riding mower Kohler CV15S 15. . This rider is a hydro. This is an authentic replacement part manufactured for use with Kohler small engines. Adjust the governor's sensitivity by turning the hex bolt on the right-side of your governor spring. If the governor arm is in the correct position relative to the cross shaft and provided there isn't excessive wear in the throttle shaft you should be able to get it to work. $8.17 Options Add to Cart. Once the high speed stop is set correctly it's usually just a matter of finding the best spring setting on the governor arm. OEM Replacement. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. slow position, then to fast. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. "@type": "Organization", Kohler 5400 Series KS Service Manual KS530-KS540-KS590-KS595. The venturi in the #30 carburetor that's used only on the 18hp OHV single-cylinder engine measures .1.062" in diameter. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations. The valve springs are used to comp. Loosen clamping bolt on the governor arm. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. On any Short Block & Engine Plus That makes sense. With the engine not running, and spring disconnected, make sure the linkage moves freely. If I put the spring in top hole, the RPM sounds too low. Look in the Kohler K service manual and do the governor adjustment first before modifying the spring. "@context":"https://schema.org", "userInteractionCount": 5 The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. ($), Shipping cost: Ensure the shaft is free and movable inside the governor arm. "interactionStatistic": { Nature of the industrial beast nowadays.. Celebrating 150 years of bold ideas. 55. . It has a 30-millimeter or 1.200" diameter throttle bore. I have a John deere STX38 with a Kohler command cv14. 20RESC. The governor sensitivity is adjusted by the position of the governor spring. Only 2 left in stock - order soon. Help with kohler governor linkage in reply to Phil in MI, 09-23-2014 03:15:33 That makes sense. This part is aftermarket equipment designed to replace the original manufacturer's part numbers specified here. With these safety measures, we ensure our information is only being accessed by real humans. This spring is to keep play out of between the carb and the governor arm for smoother running. Apr 1, 2017. This rider is a hydro. Loosen the screws and remove the air filter from the carburetor with a screwdriver. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Hipa 20 853 16-S 33-S 14-S Carburetor for Kohler SV470 SV471 SV480 SV530 SV540 SV541 SV590 SV591 SV600 SV601 SV610 SV620 Engine Lawn Mower 20 083 02-S 52 050 02-S Oil Filter Maintenance Kit, DEF Fuel Pump Kit Replaces 24 559 02-S 24-559-03-S 24 559 05-S 24-559-08-S 24-559-10-S for Kohler CH18 CH19 CH20 CH22 CH23 CH25 CH640 CH730, Ignition Coil For Kohler 12 584 01-S 12 584 04-S Fits models CH11 CH12.5 CH13 CH14 CH15 CH410 CV11 CV12.5 CV13 CV14 CV15 CV430 CV460 for John Deere L110 Parts Kohler 7000 Series Maintenance Kit, Sxqddz 2Pcs Ignition Coil Fit for Kohler KT740 KT745 ZT740 Engine Digital Ignition Module Replace 32-584-09-S 32-584-24-S 32-584-25-S, Voltage Regulator Rectifier for Kohler 41 403 10-S 41 403 09-S 25 403 03-S Kohler 8-25 HP Engine Rectifier Regulator Kohler 21066-7017 AM102596 234279 2575503S 4140309, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. I don't ever recall having to change this unless there was an above mentioned binding issue or worn governor arm to throttle arm linkage looseness/etc. Top is close to govenor shaft, bottom is furthest away. Insert your nail into the hole that has opened up in the cross shaft. Went to youtube and typed in the engine # and a video came up showing all spring connections. Please use the navigational links to explore our website. Check/replace the fuel filter. Price: throttle cable travel and choke operation check out, static governor adjustment is good, but there is no tension against the gov spring. Kohler 2000 Series RH Service Manual RH255-RH265 Kohler 3000 Series SH Service Manual SH255-SH265. If the engine RPM is slow to respond with load changes, that suggests that there is mechanical binding somewhere in the throttle shaft/linkage/governor arm pivot. Kohler states the "normal" position of the spring is the 3rd from the bottom. It serves no purpose to lengthen or shorten it. Linkage, Throttle. Unable to add item to List. Kohler is a small engine manufacturer whose engines are commonly found on lawn tractors and other larger lawn & garden equipment. Tighten the clamp on the governor arm. 5. When I go from reverse to forwoard, the front wheels pop off the ground. I know you said you have a red spring (which is the correct one), and the chart does not list a red spring.
Michigan State Police Detective, Articles K