How could I fall for such a ripoff? The funds are available for the special crisis the first priority on their list with Government grants for individuals, they say. I blocked them out told my real friend to change her password,changed mine.And turned off my chat messages for awhile! I dont have personal contact numbers for her how do I let her know she has been hacked. The company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you hear of anyone being contacted in this way, please advise them to pass all information to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) (www.ic3.gov) and their local law enforcement authorities. This will show you if the website is trying to trick you into giving out sensitive information, or if the link will deploy malicious software onto your computer. But CVA programmes introduce a whole range of additional fiduciary risks for aid organisations from a donor perspective, fiduciary risk management means that funds entrusted to an aid organisation are not used for their intended purpose, do not realise their full value-for-money, or cannot be properly accounted for (UK-FCDO, 2020) which have to be integrated into programme design and negotiated with financial service providers and other partners in advance if better value-for-money is to be achieved. A federal grant is an award of financial assistance from a federal agency to a recipient to carry out a public purpose of support or stimulation authorized by a law of the United States. He first steals a facebook iD,picks a friends name from their list and then sends a link that looks like it came from them. Same happed to me today.I picked up the phone and called the person he was supposed be asked her and she said no,I called the scammer out and told him I had just called her and you are fake leave me alone or you will be reported! I went to her profile and clicked on message and there was no conversation between us. Sounds too good to be true but I AM cautious about it as well since I know that people in general just wont give money away like that. After I sent all the information we ask me to send $475 by Money gram to the person who was supposed to bring the money to my house. i then agreed. This guy was really good at being deceiving . I kept texting this person to keep them busy so that he/she would have less time scamming other people. Copyright 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org. This is the link I was given. Now were playing along until we can figure out how to stop these people for hope to God For good..extremely adamant on tricking you into thinking you have one day only to guarantee delivery! Collectively negotiate interchange rates with card companies. I live on a state pension and in debt the person who I contacted through Facebook messenger was Debbie Carignan William. The funds support the highest-priority projects . I just received a call from a grant scammer asking me to call back 315-210-8632 or 917-200-9240. More like they wanted to help themselves. I still have our complete dialog saved on my phone. shelter. When I think of all the idiotic thins I did it turns my stomach. "AG David Mueller" who works for the US Goverment as a grant writer. Did I mention I never applied for any grant?. He has been trying for over a week to get me to send him the required funds so they can bring me my $120,000. Copyright 2023 The Associated Press. I foolishly gave her 650 dollars, and got nothing. And, unless specified otherwise in the framework partnership agreement, balances are (quite legally) retained by the FSP. Someone must have hacked an old classmates page and began telling me about a grant she received. He said that he saw my name on a winning list with the SEDA (State Economic Development Administration) and gave me this number: 401-379-9950. Can someone please do something about it before someone else fall for the same dumb story like my poor friend. Stay away! To find out if you are eligible for any of these programs, visit the Benefits.gov website which can assist you with an eligibility questionnaire, program, and State and local contact information. June 3, 2015 - The Federal Service Desk (FSD) has recently been receiving claims from the public that CFDA agents have contacted them claiming that in order for the recipient to claim federal grant money they must first send the CFDA agent personal information or money. Stay informed about fraudulent activity related to federal grants. I was contacted through a friend on Facebook urging me to sign up urgently it sounded very suspicious saying she she received 350.000 in from global government grant and to contact a agent, There is one called Christmas bonus that is happening an it has hacked my account and is now harassing people in.my contacts and then blocking them ,I have lost all co tell of my account and Facebook are actually useless in these cases ,people be warned an take note of advise given on this page. CBPF are set up for complex emergencies. This is not my cousins personality. etc. Kindly tell us a friend name that inform you about this financial money support help? Standard grants are approved for large-scale projects that serve many people, primarily underserved and needy populations on a long-term basis. Dont fall for this!! Has anybody ever got a box of money? I immediately googled the grant and noticed it could be a scam. I reported both conversations as SPAM to Facebook. Read about the latest scam alerts from BBB: https://www.bbb.org/us/news/scams. Jennifer James wants to send me 350 grand as soon as I send $1,500. In this situation, its wise to recall two adages: 1) If it appears too good to be true, it probably is, and 2) there is no such thing as a free lunch. See if the website is legit with our validator: https://m.facebook.com/FederalGorvermentGrant1/ All you have to do is pay a processing fee to receive the money. Like Joshua Jensen, a friend of mine chatted me up on the FB Chat saying that he saw my name on a UPS list of local people who were being offered a grant for their devoted service to their community, or some such BS. When I asked my cousin to phone me to discuss this the answer he gave me was he was too busy and could only talk to me on FB. Especially on social media. But thought it was a scam. Knew then something wasnt right.kept them talking and then they sent me the link DELETE AND BLOCKED !! Reset . I think Richard Williams is trying to scam me. The Immigrant Investor Program, Entrepreneur Program, and Start-up Visa Program are some examples of business and investor programs. Lucky she didnt transfer additional 3%. These scammers will try almost anything. early recovery, risk reduction, and resilience (ER4). It does not include fund transfers from donors, payment of incentives to the staff of local authorities, paymen, interest accrues to the issuing bank. Regulatory Compliance: By law, financial service providers are obliged to conduct know your customer (KYC) due diligence on each potential customer. He then mentioned that there was a clearance fee to process the grant application. That's about a third of the roughly $77 billion in total aid noted by Kiel, including humanitarian and military assistance, pledged by the U.S. government. I blocked her. And they wanted me to fill out a form. Go to the real FB profile for your friend. I could tell this person was getting aggravated. The right is normally based on rigorous rules established by the central bank. Does anyone know if the woman Laura Hinen on Facebook is really a true person of Federal Grants? Click here for more information: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0113-government-grant-scams. The DRC Humanitarian Fund has funded critical education and health projects in South Kivu, DR Congo. Just wasted a lot of time responding to someone offering to process a government grant that I was unaware of. Advocacy: Discussions with central banks over issues connected with de-risking and regulatory compliance are taken much more seriously when multiple agencies lobby coherently and collectively through a single representative. None of these are legit, even though they were shared widely on social media. Please be careful. April 7, 2022 Amid the appalling humanitarian crisis that's going on in Ukraine, it's almost impossible not to want to dig deep and donate to the cause - whether in the form of medical relief, refugee assistance, needed military supplies, or aid to children. They mentioned that they had a Trogan in their page and wanted to start from scratch. I was almost scammed by a company called the going cash grant promotion, friended a hacked friend , they then tried to get my information from me on the promise of a grant of money that had been awarded, look out for this name Agent Walden Tucker stay clear, stay safe . My mother told her she didnt have that much so the woman said what can you pay? This humanitarian assistance provides vulnerable people emergency food assistance, safe drinking water, hygiene supplies, shelter, protection from violence and exploitation, and work and education opportunities. In other words, beware of CHAT, because it is compromised. Read more about our early recovery, risk reduction, and resilience (ER4) work around the world. The primary goal of U.S . rant for $9000 which I dont have to pay back but to be sure I spend it on paying bills or some necessity. Luckily didnt get financial info! She never responded. You download the form and might even call the phone number listed, for more information. Lets take a look at both and see how the scam works, how to avoid it, and how you can report it. Charitable giving hits a peak in December and cash donations can make a big difference well into the New Year. Today, she pings me again on Hangouts and tells me shes buying a new house and tells me she got a "home improvement grant" through some company that is federally funded or something. I guarantee you approved a second request from your friend and when you look closer into the profile can determine it is a bogus second account using your friends picture. She asks me if Im interested and I say sure, cuz who isnt interested in free money. I AM VERY, VERY CONCERNED AND AM AFRAID MY PAGE MAY BE HACKED AS WELL. Here is some of the communications my FB friends are being sent from someone claiming to be me. //]]>. He tried to convince me he was legal. Beware everyone. Well, I fell for it not knowing she was part of the scam. On average, we respond to 75 crises in more than 70 countries each year, providing food, water, shelter, health care, and other critical aid to people who need it most. After this the insisted I go to the store and purchase a iTunes card and activate it and send them a front and back picture of the card. Just click on the link and message him now that you want to apply for your grant money too., BEEN SCAMMED BY WORKER COMPENSATION BOARD HOW AND WHO CAN I REPORT THIS TO. Nothing is for free and if its too good to be true it is a scam. Hal is a SCORE mentor, active investor in early-stage technology companies and Amazon bestselling author of The Secrets to Writing a Successful Business Plan. He repeatedly wrote in his chat, "Trust me this is the real thing, contact Jordan A. Smith on chat and hell give you instructions for collecting your grant. Thanks for the info this is something I really needed to no. This ranges from $1,500 per customer for a large US or European bank to about $250 for a smaller bank in a lower-income country (Stratifi, 2019). She directed me to a phony Facebook page, using some womans picture as the attorney in Washington, D. C. who asked which amount I wanted to request for $950 you could receive 50k, for $1500 you would receive $100,000.right on up to paying $7500.00 and you would actually receive $750,000.000!!! He wanted 1000.00 to cover file and delivery fees , for the amount of 100,000 $ . CARE is raising money for its Ukraine Crisis Fund, which will provide immediate aid including food, water, hygiene kits, support services and direct cash assistance. It sounds like the previous comments left on here. Some of these schemes misuse our name or falsely claim to be affiliated with the World Bank Group. I said, yep, def not my friend because the wedding isnt even this month and if it was tomorrow I would have already traveled up there.. they keep trying talk to me and being pushy.. . And even though I almost fell for it, I consider myself skeptical of so called free money stuff and weve rightly warned our daughter to not give out personal info unless weve cleared it first as legit. At first, I got a message from a friend, a bit surprised to be asked to be her friend, and just thought sometimes friends drop off Facebook. enable_page_level_ads: true
My husband almost just got scammed for $500 by a man claiming to be Justin Felix Lafayette. It was late at night for me when she told this and I didnt have credit on my phone. I became fishy because we are both attending my nieces wedding in a couple of months and I asked: If this is really my friend, when is the wedding we are going to? Search Results . Someone named Arther Cook is using facebook chat and messenger by use of brother to give me a grant for $100,000 for a fee of $5,000 some. Add him and message him now that you want the grant too. Top Small Business Grants for Women in 2023. The only official list of all U.S. federal grant-making agencies is Grants.gov. Then she had to go shopping. Jordan A. Smiths page is still active on FB. Designed to provide unbiased information about the future of cash, Cash Essentials offers a platform for debate on this growing issue. This charity's score is 93%, earning it a Four-Star rating. But I didnt until I was told I did quality in receiving a grant and to send them money so I can get the grant. Long an industry secret, these fees have begun to be regulated with the result that interchange fees are beginning to come down. Zip code. Is scaming, Think Im being scammed by John James phone number is 541 65 3776. beware of J thomas hunsucker. Not suspecting anything, you start reading: Morning. I give them my name and address and they come back with info on a grant I will get. Open the real Governments website by typing it into the browser yourself, to see if they have information about the promised grants. American Tapestry A More Perfect Union Chronicling America: History American Newspapers. So I actually did text that number this morning. He then needed to know my zip which I gave and the wanted my address but I just hung up. The United Nations wishes to warn the public at large about these fraudulent activities being perpetrated purportedly in the name of the Organisation, and/or its officials, through different fraud . Thats a deal compared to some of the other comments Im reading on this thread. May 22, 2014 - Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota (BBB) is warning the public about grant scams. CFDA does not use social media or direct phone contact to solicit, review, or make awards. College and university applications, websites, and brochures usually include financial aid information for prospective and incoming students. I was just scammed on FB for this. I am very skeptical about this offer, I think it is a scam. When corporate debit cards are used, interest accrues to the donor or partner organisation as funds are only dispersed when the card is used. If you think you may have been a victim of a government grant scam, file a complaint with the FTC, or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. I said how about you just take out that fee from my grant and send me a check to my home address? It is such a low thing to pray of people like this. If you think you may have been a victim of a government grant scam, file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission online, or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. According to reports, the scam artist claims to represent the COFAR when contacting the individual. My facebook experience is similar to some listed here. Ensure reimbursement of outstanding balances (breakage) when programmes end and include such provisions in framework partnership agreements. It is a help program that was set-up for a two-fold purpose. She told me how she had won a Grant and sent in $500 And in 12 hours she received $50,000.00 from this group by way of Michael Anderson. blocked this person from Messenger. Alternatively, through bitcoin and other complicated cryptocurrency deals. She got hers. Plus I just want to know how can it be STOPPED. Im so glad we put a stop to it before it went through!!! She had received a $200,000 government check and she saw my name on the list when the Ups person delivered hers. Foreign ExchangeThe Eurosystem comprises the European Central Bank and the national central banks of those countries that have adopted the euro. I did get curious. I blocked her b/c its obvious this is not on the up & up. Finally, I agreed to pursue "my money" so the person sent an odd photo of some old lady with a FB link. If you spend time on social media, you've probably seen many pleas for donations. But there is something about the questions I answered or refused to answer that trouble me. She answered back very casually and then asked if I heard of CAP? I think this is a scam on facebook https://www.facebook.com/agentalfredcompton/?__mref=message_bubble. If you think you may have been a victim of a government grant scam, file a complaint with the FTC online, or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. New FB scam for sending grant money to people. The United States is the largest single provider of humanitarian assistance worldwide. We are NOT a financial assistance program for individuals. Cash and Crises Podcast EP9: Who Owns Cash? I tried every possible way, talk to Chase bank, local police dept. No response. She's raising the red flag on a scam that is again preying on innocent Facebook users. list with Government grants for individuals, https://m.facebook.com/FederalGorvermentGrant1/, https://www.facebook.com/agentalfredcompton/?__mref=message_bubble, https://www.facebook.com/thomas.mabry.1806/about?lst=727110369:100015201300296:1488991055, How to Tell If An Online Transaction Is Safe, 7 Surefire Ways to Spot if a Website is Safe to Use, How To Efficiently Block Every Harmful Website On The Internet, How To Stop Third Parties From Tracking Your Device, Here Are The Most Effective Ways To Protect Yourself From Phishing, How To Remove Your Personal Information From The Internet, How To Tell If Someone Is Scamming You Online. Said I had to pay fees in order to get grant money. they gave me a name and facebook person to contact somebody about online lottery winners etc I contacted them and they said they have to check whether I am still on winners list, they came back and gave me a winners code to write down, then they told me they need 500 paid to them before my winnings can be sent to me by UPS they wanted this sent by moneygram or western union, I have not done this, and will not after reading all the reports on this forum. I did not hear another word. The Spotlight on Humanities in Higher Education program supports the exploration and development of small projects that would benefit underserved populations through the teaching and study of the humanities. The lady on facebook said to me that she made the 650 payment and received the check the same day and would not lie to me that she received the check. Right.So I had to unfriend the classmate. I found that to be a bad sign then that all of this was not true. I am victim of an online Grant Scam, by an individual going by the name of Johnson Washington on Face Book. The COFAR will never request banking information, social security numbers or other personally identifiable information to facilitate the issuance of a "grant". The UPS driver followed her to the bank to verify it was real. Individuals who receive them are told they're either eligible for or have been awarded a government grant. If anyone on my friends list hears from these guys, dont answer. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, FBI and other Federal Agencies, fake U.S. grant scams are on the rise across the country. The overseers of FB either intercepted it or the scammer pulled the plug after recognizing that I was on to the person. I said I wanted a check. Posted on February 15, 2018. He FB me again this morning. I am embarrassed by what I did but I have to tell my story. https://www.facebook.com/thomas.mabry.1806/about?lst=727110369:100015201300296:1488991055 Just got scammed by these me situation, I was suspicious from the word "hello" from a former high school football coach of mine who has been on my friend list for years. I got hold of him in Facebook Chat and he took down some of my personal info and delivery info, but not credit card info at that point(Thank God!) The benefits of humanitarian financial assistance - what the aid world calls 'Cash & Voucher Assistance (CVA)' - are pretty well known: Giving people cash instead of food or other forms of in-kind commodity empowers recipients to address their own priorities, reduces opportunities for corruption, and pumps money into local economies. I want to share my almost got scammed day I just had. Fact check these msg. The grant is available only today, so you really have to get the ball rolling ASAP. File a complaint with the FTC. Is the World Empowerment Grants a legit Grants giveaway for winning money via your facebook account. // California Lobster Operator Permit For Sale, Articles H