I didn't realized their was so much history behind these plates". I have oodles of the stuff that I would like to see go to someone who loves and collects it. Why not go to the source/you to find it. Also, that House 'n Garden casual serving ware and Heritageware molds were used. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Question:Dugan I.in Lees Summit,MO asks:"What is the most prized Mar-Crest peice to find"?Answer:Tough question! Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like: Without these technologies, things like personalized recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly. All rights reserved. Holds about 2 1/2 quarts Circa 1950's Can be used as a mixing bowl or as an oven to table casserole. I posted pictures of each item and gave detailed descriptions and a clear return policy. Questions:Sandra of Garrettsville, Ohio asks: "To what degree is oven safe on Mar-Crest cooking dishes"? I use a beautiful Mar-crest frosted rim cookie jar with no lid for a utensil holder on the counter top next to my stove. DO NOT PLACE it over an open flame or electric range burner without placing an asbestos pad under it. Are these two companies one in the same? Are you planning on keeping them for display? I have only recently started collecting and have really benefited from the information you have gathered here. Glazes from other countries, especially very colorful pieces, may be of utmost concern. Why? 31.85, 39.81 Most of the items I offer for sale are purchased at estate sales or auctions and are used . See more ideas about bean pot, stoneware, pottery. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. This has to be confusing to new collectors, as they were never produced. If you've ever searched "Mar-crest" on the internet, you've probably noticed something. Sale Price 43.45 Thanks again. The pieces they made for Marshall Burns were marked Mar-Crest. I am trying to collect some info (not an appraisal) on a carafe I found at auction recently. The condition of the items were somewhat vague, some items were paired with the wrong lid or were mismatched in other ways. Page 53. Search past online auctions and see how much various lots of Mar-crest have gone for. I would very much like to have a daisy and dot dinner plate. Many things must be known about what you have. You might consider having an appraiser come to your home and give you an estimate. Your credit card or PayPal account will be charged. Question:Phil Adams (and also Cheryl in MO) asks: I've heard that it's "probably" lead-free. Hull is said to have produced the pastel colored pieces: ball pitchers, teapots, tumblers, plain cups and oblong ashtrays marked Marcrest. Marcrest Stoneware Oven Proof Mixing or Serving Bowl Daisy Dot Brown SEMOVintage (43) $21.95 Marcrest Daisy Dot Open Carafe, Marcrest Ovenproof Stoneware USA, Warm Colorado Brown SuperiorFireLights (648) $25.00 Vintage Marcrest Stoneware Brown Pitcher Daisy Dot Floral Scalloped 64oz RetaillTherapist (324) $76.50 $85.00 (10% off) FREE shipping Copyright 2005-2012 Rita Pence. Please note ~ most of the items I offer for sale are procured at estate sales or auctions and are used. Page 21 talks about Heritageware molds and their being premiums for grocery sales. I priced the Daisy and Dot items. I will answer your questions as quickly as possible. Wide foam drip daisy and dot cookie jar, Part of my Mar-crest daisy and dot collection. How much is it worth"? The author simply calls the pattern Brown with Flowers and Dots. Memories: We are still using melmac, or at least the pieces we have left and discovered they don't go in the microwave! Captcha failed to load. Mar-crest beer steins with dome shaped lids? Pay close attention to the lid, making sure it's the correct one. Please be sure to read my descriptions & terms carefully BEFORE bidding ~ Once the auction ends, the item is yours. It sliced his thumb and he almost neededstitches. The author simply calls the pattern Brown with Flowers and Dots. Has a USA Marking I bel Perhaps the most important step in shipping pottery is using the right packing material to protect the items. Easy to clean, No breaks, chips or cracks! Western Stoneware produced the Warm Colorado Brown daisy dot line of Marcrest dinnerware (and maybe some of the pastels as well). Read more about my understanding of the Hull / Mar-crest connection on this page. Articles, Know Your Art Nouveau: The Backstory on this Fantastic Find, Friendly Fungi: Sears Merry Mushroom Collection. After reading your information, I now know it is a daisy dot lidded french handled casserole dish! Page 144 pictures a Hull Marcrest dark green glazed 8.5" x 4.5" ashtray. You may find recent Mar-crest values in the Garage Sale & Flea Market Annual Seventeenth Edition (March 2009, by Collector's Books). I have only seen one of them, but my mother just won't give it up. Sale Price 84.60 The Complete Cookie Jar Book by Mike Schneider (Revised 4th edition) speaks of Mar-crest on page 174. Head on over to ionesAttic to snag a ten-piece set for $42. BUY, SELL & VALUE Marcrest. Hi, Michel. I had no idea it was even made in Monmouth. Or for sale? Shipping & Handling: I ship packages within the United States via Priority Mail. Were there other stores that sold Mar-crest? Sometimes, a seller will refer to the midsized pitcher as a gravy pitcher. The time of year one is selling in can be a factor. Although your stoneware is ovenproof it is not flameproof. Monmouth - Western Stoneware by Jim Martin and Bette Cooper 1983 speaks of Mar-crest on page 53. of Public Health Lead Info - PDF, http://www.ebay.com/sch/Spare-Tops-Bottoms-/4048/i.html?_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. Seemed like everywhere I looked online, a particular piece might be called a number of different things. MARCREST OVEN PROOF STONEWARE DINNER PLATE DAISY DOT BROWN 9.5" Md/USA, Marcrest Oven Proof Stoneware 2 Brown Mixing Bowls Mug Plate Lot Daisy &, Marcrest Oven Proof Stoneware Casserole Dish, MARCREST OVEN PROOF STONEWARE 3 Compartment Serving Tray 10.75" Wide, Casserole Dish Marcrest Oven Proof Daisy Dot Brown Stoneware Bowl W/ Lid, Marcrest Oven Proff Stoneware Made In USA, Marcrest Daisy Dot Stoneware Square Oven Skillet (RARE), Marcrest Brown Daisy Dot Stoneware Pitcher Usa, Marcrest Oven Proof Stoneware Daisy Dot Pattern Bean Pot, Anderson Galleries The Art Collection Of A Gentleman. "Answer:Thanks, Brett,for your kind words. "Answer:Thanks, Brett,for your kind words. Share pictures of your. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------. Sometimes, the glaze is a little thick and it blurs the letters. Search eBay and Google frequently. I've heard that older, 50's and 60' stoneware pieces are "probably" lead-free, although, you shouldn't use pieces that don't have a shiny glaze and/or have cracks. - FIND TODAY's SELECTED Marcrest offered FOR SALE, BEST OFFER and Auction. Any history you could provide would be greatly appreciated!? (20% off), Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers! "I recently inherited four Marcrest Oven Proof Stoneware Plates from my grandmother. Janice in OR, "I looked at your web site and am impressed. :o) I recently bought a lidded piece at the goodwill for $2.99, and had no idea what it was. Thanks! Notifyfellow collectorswhen you come across items they collect. I DO COMBINE SHIPPING ON MULTIPLE ITEMS as long as it is safe to do so. I did give quite a few Mar-crest prices last year for the Yard Sale and Flea Market Anual book. If sending money order or certified check, buyer must notify me within 48 hours of auction ending. Maybe you will start a Mar-crest collection? California Dept. plus expert appraisal, valuation, FREE sale advice and brokerage services, a FREE price/value guide, FREE sale prices, values, wish list and more. Your credit card or PayPal account will be charged. Question:Michel in Montreal, Quebec Canada asks: "Hello Are you in anyway connected with Mar-Crest from Chicago who manufactured Melmac in 1954 (or so, that's what my cup says) :c) ? Seemed like everywhere I looked online, a particular piece might be called a number of different things. The auction didn't sell the first time it was listed.   France   |   English (US)   |   (EUR), remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy, remember your login, general, and regional preferences, personalize content, search, recommendations, and offers. I really love the pieces I saw on your site with the pink interior.I think I have been bitten by the collecting bug!" View Etsys Privacy Policy. Could this piece have been produced under the Hull-Marcrest eraoris it likly that my piece a reproduction of the Marcrest line of stoneware? Of the ones I've seen, very few seemed up to date. "I love your site! Ladles? It sliced his thumb and he almost neededstitches. Negative auction terms and inflated shipping and handling charges can turn prospective bidders away, too. Vintage Bean Pot Daisy Design Marcrest Stoneware Ovenproof I used it for casseroles but t are many uses for it! Other questions:"Is Mar-crest dishwasher and microwave-safe"? How nice of your mother for the gifts! Question:Nancy asks about a Mar-crest list, as does Russell in Anchorage, AK, who also had this to say:"Hi, I recently received a ton of the Daisy Dot from my mother, she spent YEARS collecting it with plans to give it to me.She told me that she was pretty sure she had a full set minus the lazy susan and then many other pieces. My 2 grease pots without lids hold silk ivy on a shelf. The Mar-crest grease pot with lid and dinner plates can currently still be found every now and again. http://www.ceh.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=435&Itemid=274, California Dept. We ship USPO to foreign countriesemail for an estimates.We don't consider the transaction complete until we know you are happy. Find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. Network with other collectors. I was thrilled to find that my lids and bowls are correctly matched up though. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. Original boxes claim that Mar-crest is safe to use in the freezer, and also in the oven with temperatures up to 500. Thank you for your information." Egg, butter and covered cheese dishes? Selling and valuing online since 1997. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Ms. Moore, thank you for your great suggestion! My collection started with a cookie jar I found just like the one my mother had. The 5 piece bluesnack set, 5 piecesnack setin brown, rounded handle oval batter pitcher, soup tureen with pink interior, Well 'n Tree style meat platterand the round griddle with a handle. I now have about 32 pieces added to my collection and I enjoy the hunt for them. Through the years, odd lids (and casserole stands) have ended up on pieces they did not originally belong to. No, they did not. Need a lid only for your sugar bowl? Julie, thank you for visiting! Photo courtesy eBay's martymorgan. Carol in PA. How used? Learn more. Maybe you can trade pieces needed with your local and internet friends. Go to yard sales, estate sales, the DAV and the Salvation Army, second hand stores and antique malls. I am always willing to work with buyers to resolve issues amicably. Good luck! I haven't spoke with anyone that recalls this firsthand. But Mar-crest it is. While Mar-crest is ovenproof to 500*, it must NOT be used on the stovetop. No, they did not. DO NOT PLACE it over an open flame or electric range burner without placing an asbestos pad under it. It went very smoothly. The time of day and day of week the auction begins and ends on can be important.
Tso Cali Cat Credit Card Charge, Captain Lee Children Adopted, Articles H