} overflow-y: hidden; Balloting will be held for seats in three of the citys six districts on Nov. 8, and voters will be choosing between a mixed bag of two incumbents, veteran board members and a number of newcomers. letter-spacing: .03em; .percentage_number { 400 E. Military Avenue. Courts in Nebraska, Who is on my ballot? Colorado election denier Peters guilty of obstruction, Future Democratic hopeful Ro Khanna takes on Americas Heartland from Silicon Valley, Elias: Six other states ganging up on California over Colorado River water. One member from each ward is elected every two years. Some races go into other counties. .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper { if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; What's on my ballot?

.votebox { He said the council must collaborate. Annually increase Nebraska's minimum wage from $9 per hour, reaching $15 on January 1, 2026 . top: -1px; } Mark W. Jensen has submitted his candidate filing form to the Dodge County Clerk. Alonso opposedthe Mulberry Street rezoning ordinance, although she stressed that just because someone is opposed to that project does not mean they are against progress. Tech: Matt Latourelle Nathan Bingham Ryan Burch Kirsten Corrao Beth Dellea Travis Eden Tate Kamish Margaret Kearney Eric Lotto Joseph Sanchez. He served as the president of the district's teachers union and instituted a health care committee to keep costs low for FCS teachers. As a businessman, Ellis said he understands the need for growth, but that Fremont needs take care of what it already has. Hes served on multiple church leadership boards, and as church treasurer for eight years. This was Daultons second time running for the council, having been unsuccessful in a 2018 campaign. width: 50%; letter-spacing: 0.03em; U.S. President | Leaves frame the Sower atop the 400 ft tall Nebraska state capitol on Friday, Feb. 3, 2023 . font-weight: bold; } text-align: center; Weiss supports the Mulberry Street apartment project and hopes it starts a positive trend with new housing. City of Fremont 400 E. Military Avenue Fremont, NE 68025 Phone: 402-727-2630 Fax: 402-727-2667 Fremont City Council candidates express views. position: relative; Subscribe to the News-Messenger today to access all of our content online at offers.thenews-messenger.com. The current members of the U.S. Senate from Nebraska are: To view a map of U.S. House districts in Nebraska and find your representative, click here. fremont election results fremont election results (No Ratings Yet) . The Seattle Redistricting Commission approved a new map for the city council districts on November 8, 2022. Nebraska state executives She sawthe way the city has progressed and wanted to be a part of it, she said outside her Fremont home. An Opera House Luncheon will take place on Wednesday, Nov. 2, at Fremont Opera House, 541 N. Broad St., in Fremont. As of 2013, its population was 224,922. No one was injured in an early morning fire at a Fremont apartment complex and a fire official is grateful for a sprinkler system which exting. The final candidate for District 1 is long-serving school board Trustee Desrie Campbell, a Washington, D.C., native who has lived in Fremont for more than 24 years. position: absolute; } Steenblock, whos lived in Fremont for 54 years, worked in a construction company with his brother. Scott Johnson has had unexpected times in his career. } .inner_percentage.Libertarian { @media only screen and (min-width: 600px) { .partytd.Republican { Otte will be joined by fellow Republican Kristine Weiss and Democratic candidates Monica Alonso, John Elder and Matthew Barbour as candidates in this year's council race. Conservative lawmakers are on the cusp of passing a so-called constitutional carry bill that would allow people to carry concealed guns in Nebraska without a permit. .electionsectionheading { The city had 27,141 residents as of 2020, according to the United States Census Bureau. The old adage is If youre not growing, youre dying, Horner said. border: 1px solid #999; Democratic Party officials approached Elder about running for one of the at-large seats. Fremont is a very diverse city, and our boards and councils should represent the communities they serve. Research: Josh Altic Vojsava Ramaj Online Payments City of Fremont 400 E. Military Avenue Fremont, NE 68025 Phone: 402-727-2630 Fax: 402-727-2667 UTILITY EMERGENCIES 402-727-2600 We have electric, gas, sewer and water service workers on call 24/7 for after hours emergencies. You have permission to edit this article. Dear Abby: I love my wife but I think I better get divorced, Harriette Cole: She has gone too far with the remote work option, Bobcat seen using Highway 17 wildlife crossing hours after it opens, Dear Abby: My wife said she doesn't like it, but it's part of my life, Authorities: Man bombed PG&E transformers in South San Jose, Ask Amy: I didn't ask for what I wanted, and I'm sad they couldn't guess, William backed Harry and Meghan's eviction, prefers brother never 'set foot in England again', Ask Amy: I feel guilty for not speaking up about my co-worker's activities, Miss Manners: I felt bad that they all skipped her baby shower -- and then I found out why, Brawl forces end of NorCal high school basketball playoff game, As Adderall shortage continues, DEA plans to limit some telemedicine prescriptions, House where JonBenet Ramsey was found dead listed for sale for almost $7M, Columbia University permanently drops SAT, ACT admissions requirement, The Waterbed Doctor: California retailer lays claim to retro bed with nearly 40 years of service, sales, Felonious Florida podcast: Missing teenage girl leads to several cases of child sex trafficking, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. In addition, patients who are recovering from surgery, use wheelchairs or are dealing with the effects of chemotherapy may not be good candidates for public transportation. Fremont is divided into four wards with two city council members representing each ward. Weve got to work hard to build consensus around plans for what that looks like, then we have to execute and follow those plans.. Two of the Downtown Business Improvement District Boards new committees provided updates for future work at its meeting Tuesday. CANDIDATE LIST for Fremont Council General Municipal Consolidated Election November 8, 2022 .

} Jensen noted that within four months of him being elected, the city underwent the unprecedented flooding of 2019, which put significant parts of his ward underwater. If anybodys a proponent for voting, its Barb Busche. Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. . Posting id: 794071731. Horner has served on the boards of Fremont Kiwanis, Rebuilding Together, Fremont Creative Collective and Fremont Housing Authority. Apply for a H&R Block, Inc. First Year Tax Professional job in Omaha, NE. Law Enforcement Agency. .partytd.Democratic { Ballotpedia features 395,557 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors, writers, and researchers. } } Incumbent candidates have until Feb. 15 to file for the election while new candidates have until March 1. padding-bottom: 3px; Ballotpedia provides comprehensive coverage of the 100 largest cities in America by population as well as mayoral, city council, and district attorney election coverage in state capitals outside of the 100 largest cities. 25 Feb/23. Do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data? Letters: Living together | Denounce anti-Semitism | Lake Effect font-style: italic; Elder supports the Mulberry Street residents that are opposed to the city's rezoning ordinance. [1] {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Fremont City Council approves port authority agreement, hears library update, Candidate seeks re-election to Fremont City Council, BID's new committees plan for future of downtown Fremont at meeting, Candidate files for Dodge County Board of Supervisors, Yerger files for re-election to Fremont City Council, Moscow reportedly threatened new parents in Ukraine: Register your newborns as Russian or else, The impact of climate change will be felt worse in these three U.S. cities, Scientists reveal hidden corridor in Great Pyramid of Giza, Greece train crash: Public anger grows as death toll rises. } | If elected, he would focus his energy on public safety, affordable housing and helping small businesses, where he says he could draw on his experience as a former restaurant owner. } Public policy, Communications: Alison Graves Carley Allensworth Abigail Campbell Sarah Groat Caitlin Vanden Boom .inner_percentage { The small business owner lives near May Street. Bob Missel has filed for re-election to the Dodge County Board of Supervisors. 100% remote. Agents have restrictions. Otte and Weiss support it. State executives | The father of two would also like to address traffic, crime response and environmental issues if elected. Apply today! The city had 27,141 residents as of 2020, according to the United States Census Bureau.[1]. text-align: center;

. Barbour sees opportunities with businesses in the health care and manufacturing industries, with known localbusiness anchors like ProMedica and Whirlpool in Clyde that show it's possible to thrivein Fremont and surrounding areas. Hes about to start building an entrepreneurial center on the second floor, where he can help young entrepreneurs. Incumbents are bolded and underlined. Candidates for City Council Ward 4 are clockwise from top left: Diane Brown, Don Cunningham, Salley Ganem, Janet Larsen and James Hartkorn. margin: 8px auto; Here is what it looks like: The following are the results were write-in affidavits were file: Charles Folsom, Lower Platte North NRD, Subdistrict 2, 27 votes; Village of Nickerson, JoAnn J. Walter, 65, Nettie Aufenkamp, 47, Joe Aufenkamp, 42, and Valjean A. Boies (write-in affidavit) 18; Village of Winslow, No filed candidates, all determined by write-ins, William Reynolds, 10, Robert D. Bechtel (affidavit filed), 9, Zachary A. Klein (affidavit filed), 8, and Jerry Dean Woodcock (affidavit filed) 8 and eleven others with 4 or less votes. .race_header.republican { State courts } .results_row { How to run for office | Steenblock is a candidate for Ward 1 of the council. He talked about measured growth, bringing the right businesses to town and building necessary infrastructure for plants and housing. People in Fremont are hurting, Von Behren said. Federal courts | The City of Fremont and C-R Menn with J & R Construction & Concrete, LLC will be working on pavement rehabilitation at the intersectio. He talked about the significant effort of meeting preparation, going through 200 to 700 pages of material that can accompany an agenda, which council members receive a few days ahead of meetings. Im honest, I always tell it as it is, and Im not afraid to admit when Im not informed enough on something and need to research before making a decision, he says. Complete the form and mail it to us. margin-bottom: -2px !important; display: inline; December 31, 2024 Telephone (650) 308-9824 Email Pat.Burt@CityofPaloAlto.org Office Hours 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. at Printers Caf, 320 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA Lydia Kou Mayor Term Expiration December 31, 2024 Telephone (650) 308-9893 Email Lydia.Kou@cityofpaloalto.org; kou.pacc@gmail.com Office Hours Alonso owns Flatlands Property Preservation Services, a company that specializes in getting local foreclosed and evictionproperties fixed up and ready for bank sales. The Ward 2 seat currently held by Glen Ellis is up for election. Im doing this because I want to have a great city for my kids to come back to, one that they can afford to come back to. Candidates Paul Von Behren and Robert Steenblock are vying for the Ward 1 city council seat. overflow-y: hidden; left: 0; I would love to see a City Council that runs as a team. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. Dear Abby: I love my wife but I think I better get divorced, Harriette Cole: She has gone too far with the remote work option, Bobcat seen using Highway 17 wildlife crossing hours after it opens, Dear Abby: My wife said she doesn't like it, but it's part of my life, Authorities: Man bombed PG&E transformers in South San Jose, Ask Amy: I didn't ask for what I wanted, and I'm sad they couldn't guess, William backed Harry and Meghan's eviction, prefers brother never 'set foot in England again', Ask Amy: I feel guilty for not speaking up about my co-worker's activities, Miss Manners: I felt bad that they all skipped her baby shower -- and then I found out why, Brawl forces end of NorCal high school basketball playoff game, As Adderall shortage continues, DEA plans to limit some telemedicine prescriptions, House where JonBenet Ramsey was found dead listed for sale for almost $7M, Columbia University permanently drops SAT, ACT admissions requirement, The Waterbed Doctor: California retailer lays claim to retro bed with nearly 40 years of service, sales, Felonious Florida podcast: Missing teenage girl leads to several cases of child sex trafficking, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. [1], The city of Fremont uses a council-manager system. Incumbents are bolded and underlined. Yerger, a lifelong Fremont resident, is a member of Christ Community Church and said he retired after a 46-year career with corporate finance for a major corporation. Kimberlin is a field director for Alameda County Supervisor David Haubert and ran unsuccessfully for the council in 2016. Book Description A natural history of America from the dinosaur era, to the time of the settlers, to the present covers such topics as the expedition of . .votebox-results-metadata-p { Weve neglected our fire and police stations. 1B- Midlands Events Center Lobby, 700 E. 10th St. 2B- Stone Bridge Christian Church,1041 N. Nye Ave. 1C- Trinity Lutheran-East, 1546 N. Luther Rd. I'm a native of Cedar Bluffs who reports on entertainment news, general news and sports. Fremont Public Schools will mark a milestone next week. Fremont City Councilmember Mark Legband will not run for reelection to Ward 1 this November. Please subscribe to keep reading. The Nebraska State Legislature has credited Nebraska City as being the oldest incorporated city in the state, as it was the first approved by a special act of the Nebraska Territorial Legislature in 1855. 1730 W. 16th. .results_table_container { Yerger said the councilmembers top priority is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public. Representation is very important. Ellis also believes Fremont councilmembers should break into smaller committees which could help the council get a lot more done. Sutej did not attend the candidate forum. "I just wanted to see things continue theway they were going," Otte said of his decision to run for re-election. } position: absolute; Keith Parkerhas lived in Fremont for nearly 30 years and works in technology. width: 50px; Incumbent Lisa Herbold is not running for re-election. A new candidate has entered the race for Fremont City Council. 2020 Fremont elections. To the east in District 4, voters should reelect Yang . Licenses & Permits. background-color: #db0000; Shes managed Gary Pebleys rental properties for almost 27 years, including overseeing day-to-day business operations, coordinating contractors to complete repairs, evaluating and approving tenant applications and monthly accounting of multiple Pebley entities. } He worked as a general contractor for several years. Mohamed helped set up a local nonprofit organization that served more than 50,000 meals to the community and raised more than $80,000 for local small businesses during the early days of the pandemic. In the running for District 3 is incumbent Jenny Kassan, a California native and Yale Law School graduate who set up her own law firm in 2015 and has devoted her work to helping small businesses. .votebox-results-cell--check { Training . padding:7px 8px 8px; background-color: #6db24f; A Democrat, party officials appointed Barbour to replace council member Tom Knisely, who died in June. The expected move next week . City Council Meetings, Agendas, and Minutes Regulatory and Advisory Boards, Commissions, and Committees City Council Services provided by the City Clerk Voter and Election Information Public Records Act (PRA) Requests Document Archives Redistricting Process City Manager Next Police Chief Meet the City Manager City Manager's Office Team Please subscribe to keep reading. Positions offered through the program aim to increase . He believes Fremont has potential to grow. The Rev. And although Fremont is a fairly welcoming city, there are some that arent happy to see immigrants and our LGBTQ population, she says. 1 goal if re-elected would be to address the lack of affordable housing in Fremont. I want to be a voice for those who dont have a lot of resources, says the mother of four. He had positions in cost accounting, budgets, regulatory accounting and strategic planning while there. Fremont City Council incumbent Brad Yerger, left, and challenger Lori Schmidt-Lathrop, both Ward 4 candidates, and Ward 3 incumbent and candidate Mark Jensen take part in the Fremont. Papers were chosen based on importance and geographic location while trying to reflect different cultural, social, political, and economic viewpoints. Corrected ballots will be sent to approximately 2,900 people in the Lower Platte North Natural Resources District, who applied for early voter. How to vote | Fremont City Council Ward 2 incumbent and candidate Glen Ellis speaks at the Fremont Area Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum on Thursday night at Fremont High School. Outside of work, you'll find her in a new restaurant, on a golf course, or by the sea. Colorado election denier Peters guilty of obstruction, Future Democratic hopeful Ro Khanna takes on Americas Heartland from Silicon Valley, Elias: Six other states ganging up on California over Colorado River water. Source. Tribune graphic Noah Johnson The Fremont City. That might include picking the brains of leaders in other regional cities, like Perrysburg, that have had success in retaining residents. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. text-align: left; Stay up-to-date on the latest in local and national government and political topics with our newsletter. Fremont City Council incumbents Yang Shao and Jenny Kassan were leading, along with newcomer Desrie Campbell, in early election returns as of Wednesday morning. Get Morning Report and other email newsletters. display: inline-block; United States Senate election in California, 2022, United States Senate special election in California, 2022, California's 14th Congressional District election, 2022, California's 15th Congressional District election, 2022, California's 16th Congressional District election, 2022, California's 17th Congressional District election, 2022, California Attorney General election, 2022, California Insurance Commissioner election, 2022, California lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2022, California Secretary of State election, 2022, California Superintendent of Public Instruction election, 2022, California State Assembly elections, 2022, Municipal elections in Alameda County, California (2022), Municipal elections in Santa Clara County, California (2022), Mayoral election in San Jose, California (2022), Belmont-Redwood Shores School District, California, Measure C, Parcel Tax (June 2022), Milpitas Unified School District, California, Measure E, Parcel Tax (June 2022), San Jose, California, Measure B, Mayor Elections Charter Amendment (June 2022), Santa Clara Valley Water District, California, Measure A, Term Limits Measure (June 2022), California intermediate appellate court elections, 2022, California Changes to Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Cap Initiative (2022), California Plastic Waste Reduction Regulations Initiative (2022), California Proposition 1, Right to Reproductive Freedom Amendment (2022), California Proposition 26, Legalize Sports Betting on American Indian Lands Initiative (2022), California Proposition 27, Legalize Sports Betting and Revenue for Homelessness Prevention Fund Initiative (2022), California Proposition 28, Art and Music K-12 Education Funding Initiative (2022), California Proposition 29, Dialysis Clinic Requirements Initiative (2022), California Proposition 30, Tax on Income Above $2 Million for Zero-Emissions Vehicles and Wildfire Prevention Initiative (2022), California Proposition 31, Flavored Tobacco Products Ban Referendum (2022), Fremont Unified School District, California, elections (2022), Santa Clara Unified School District, California, elections (2022), Alameda County, California, Measure D, Floor Area Ratio Measure (November 2022), Milpitas, California, Measure F, Term Limits Measure (November 2022), Palo Alto, California, Measure K, Local Business Tax Measure (November 2022), Palo Alto, California, Measure L, Natural Gas Utility General Fund Transfer Measure (November 2022), Redwood City, California, Measure P, Mayoral Term Charter Amendment Measure (November 2022), Redwood City, California, Measure Z, Election Procedures Charter Amendment (November 2022), Redwood City Elementary School District, California, Measure S, Bond Measure (November 2022), San Jose, California, Measure I, Charter Amendment Measure (November 2022), Sunol Glen Unified School District, California, Measure J, School Improvements Bond Measure (November 2022), Union City, California, Measure Z, General Services Sales Tax (November 2022), https://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=City_elections_in_Fremont,_California_(2022)&oldid=8902058, Pages using DynamicPageList parser function, Pages using DynamicPageList dplreplace parser function, City council elections in California, 2022, United States city council elections, 2022, Conflicts in school board elections, 2021-2022, Special Congressional elections (2023-2024), 2022 Congressional Competitiveness Report, State Executive Competitiveness Report, 2022, State Legislative Competitiveness Report, 2022, Partisanship in 2022 United States local elections.
Holyoke Police Corruption, Meanwhile, In Geauga County, M3 Speed Cameras Locations, Salt Lake Tribune Obituaries For The Past Week, Articles F