.gsatelite {background-color:#777777;opacity:0.95;border-radius:50%;height:24px;width:24px;cursor:pointer;position:absolute;z-index:100000;display:none;-moz-transition: all 0.3s;-webkit-transition: all 0.3s;transition: all 0.3s;} Valerie is younger than I am. It's too young to have any pride! Helpful Not Helpful What then shall we say to these things? Pray. For those who are perishing, the Gospel is foolishness. In this story, Jesus is crucified and buried in a tomb. There is nothing too hard for You. #10. Gospel of Luke and Matthew Those were just some examples that had been on my heart. The Bible is filled with impossible, hopeless cases. He has known one miracle after another. However, Jesus trusts in God and is miraculously resurrected. We can give thanks 5. I spoke with a gynecologist who said there are a number of medical conditions that could cause this, but he felt one real possibility would be uterine cancer. Will she live to see the next Christmas? Amen. Please do not condemn or presume knowledge of God based on the stories written in a Bible scribed by human beings, which appeared well after the belief in God had already existed. This is not what she wants. This is an example of how faith in God can help overcome even the most impossible of situations. This is an impossible situation, as it would have been impossible for Jesus to rise from the dead. However, Daniel trusts in God and prays for his protection. This one was an easy mark, we admit. Related: 14 Characteristics of a Godly Wife That Will Save Your Marriage. As we apply Exodus 14:13 I want to look at this from another perspective. In fact, God seems to specialize in surprises, but especially the impossible. Whatever your life has been like over the last year, you are no match for God. Whatever it was she felt from her disease stopped, and she knew instantly that she had been healed. Help me to be still, to stop complaining about my impossible situations, stop worrying about them more than I pray about them. Our marriage was a mess from the beginning. (Matt 8:5-13, 12:1-8). But the Rescuer, Jesus Christ, looked him in the eye and asked him his name. 25:11 When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy. He was starting to stink. None. Look at verse thirty-four. I have learned a little about alot in this world and one thing i know is i dont know everything nor does anyone else, no preacher or pastor knows anymore about what really happens after death then anyone else. Zacharias and Elizabeth were childless, which was a tragedy for a married couple in that time. Does this sound correct to you? The real icing on the cake, however, is the story of the death of the first-born. 3) No sinner is hopeless! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Just like how the caveman sees the volcano as a God because he doesnt understand it. When you face an impossible situation, remember: "God is my strength and power" (2 Samuel 22:33). Like many of us, he was a man who was fixed on the horizontal rather than the vertical. 2) No storm is hopeless! Have you ever faced impossible situations? We read in LUK 1:16-17, "'And he will turn back many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God. Can you relate? Amen. God is the being with magical powers and the ability to do all of this. In this story, Gideon is asked to lead an army against the Midianites. 2. At any rate, he kept looking to see who had done it. Now, a woman who has had uterine cancer for twelve years would be in a lot of pain and near death. The 10 Plagues of Egypt Psalm 141:3 NIV. I mean, what is God, the Crimson Alchemist. How is it that people actually buy into this like it actually happened? For I am an old man, and my wife is advanced in years.' Father, wrap Kim in Your healing arms, anoint her with the healing balm of gilead and cover her in Your peace that passes understanding. . While I normally have medium length hair, as a gesture to support for my companys owner who was going through Chemo, a bunch of us guys shaved our heads. GRACE BIBLE CHURCH Robert R. McLaughlin Bible Ministries The Tree of Life is a weekly teaching summary. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.". So yeah, his hair?! I can and will trust You to keep Your promises in the future. Do you really believe he can handle it? Chronic Illness looks impossible to me. Titus 1:8 NIV. The Bible is full of incredible stories about people who needed help in impossible situations and how God came through for them. It is filled with stories of the impossible becoming possible, proving that all things are possible with God. So, for example, if you knew nothing about science, and you read, say, the Bible, the Old Testament, which in Genesis, is an account of nature, thats what that is, and I said to you, give me your description of the natural world based only on this, you would say the world was created in six days, and that stars are just little points of light much lesser than the sun. 1. In fact, this woman teaches us four things about what faith looks like. Tiffany of Hope Joy in Christ inspires Christian Women to grow in faith, live out Biblical Marriage Principles and raise Godly Children. It really highlights the fact that God works in impossible situations! 3. The one stage is when a man is trying to do his utmost and fails, when a man tries to do still better and fails again, when a man tries still more and always fails. However, Abraham and Sarah chose to trust in God and his promise. Do I even need to explain this. So if our beloved David was actually a sinner, why . However, Jesus trusts in God and is miraculously resurrected. As Jesus said, "the flesh is weak" and so when we suffer we easily give in to despair and want to give up. There is no possible way that a human being could instantly be turned to salt. Listen, I know God can do the impossible because Ive seen Him do it in my life! Please pray for me to trust God and his will fory situation. Dealing with difficult people not only tests our faith in God, but it also puts our witness on display. Father, You've kept every promise You've ever made. Creation of Man/Woman If you believe that He is a gracious God only when He says "yes," you will live a very confused life. Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. He can save you from your impossible situation today too. The salvation of Zacchaeus. Faith is more than just belief. It is impossible for the "civilized" people to identify the issue of forcing the natives to convert themselves to having entirely different show more content A large crowd followed and pressed around him. Some of the books are poems/songs and some are letters, which are canonically historical, for example. If I've described your situation, I have great news. Hes a woman. Today it is something amazing, nothing like the dysfunctional, one-sided, divorce destined thing it was. We learn from this that impossible situations can become possible miracles that go on and on. The limitations of space and time do not affect supernatural beings. That would lead me to believe there is in fact life after death which means we have souls or spirits now wheather they go to a heaven or are just recycled back to this place (reincarnation) i do not know. I have a large sum of debts that will only take a miracle to pay, and i have no money. God was acting justly to deal with the pride of Egypt after God had saved them through Joseph. Many times, believers are convinced that there is no way even God could intervene in their life, and therefore, they miss out on some of God's best work. But yeah, Jesus is told by a woman that her husband is dead. Easy. Her disease has brought a lot into perspective for her. Have you ever fallen at someone's feet? The locust and fly invasion could have happened in the real world. This was an impossible situation, as it would have been impossible for the prophets of Baal to call down fire from heaven. and troubles keep coming into my life. 4) No sickness is hopeless! Or perhaps you have a secret sin in your life that if you don't get a grip on, it will disqualify you from finishing hereor ever making it into ministry. And while the physical healing is instant, the social and emotional healing has just begun. 24 Tough Bible Passages, and How to Understand and Teach Them. Look at verses twenty-five and twenty-six. The Loaves and the LakeSame Lesson Jesus feeding the 5000 is the only miracle recorded in all four gospelsother than the resurrection. It was more like a once-in-a-lifetime deal. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering." This is an impossible situation, as it would have been impossible for the walls of Jericho to fall without the use of weapons or any other human effort. It was as if faced a brick wall. If He can do these, is there any situation He can't solve in your life? This may sound like a mundane, boring job to us in the twenty-first century A.D. Lots of people through history have asked the same question Valerie asked. Because God gives us the strength to do so. Character Analysis: Walter White/Heisenberg, Characters Analysis: Lelouch vi Britannia, Top 10 Scientifically-Impossible Stories in the Bible. Situations and circumstances appear in the Word of God, and many of them appear . I did once. Oh Father, heal and show Your merciful hand of peace and hope to this family. Examples of Impossible Situations in the Bible We've already seen the immaculate conception, a miraculous pregnancy in a menopausal woman, and our salvation from sin in the above verses. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation" ( Isaiah 12:2 ). Thank you. Its just more magic in the Bible. According to the story, he had been dead long enough to be decomposing. What Malachi had prophesied was coming to pass. Have you ever experienced that you needed deliverance but you were convinced that you could not help yourself. Unless Lazarus was a zombie, this is ridiculous. Isaiah 26:3. Don't assume that if the solution has not come in a matter of a few days or a few weeks, that God is saying "no" or "never"; He is simply saying, "not right now." You can read Bible verses that say nothing is impossible with God or with God all things are possible. You hear testimonies of Impossible prayers answered. There are two points that he didnt bring up that I will add. The Bible is filled with verses that reinforce this belief: "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." 2 "The Lord will fight for . The Israelites were asking God to do the impossible. When God intervenes, His surprises are always for His immediate glory and for our ultimate good&ldots;even the unplanned pregnancies, the unexpected calamities. Mark 10:27. The reason you cant reconcile any of this scientifically is because Gods model for this dimension is what drives your scientific model and that is a small sliver of God. You are a bomb-ass buffoon destined for destruction if you continue with this murderous disposition. The story of Abraham, his wife Sarah, and the birth of their son Isaac is a great example of trust in the Lord. First things first, read your Bible. The story of Samson is about an insane psychopath who murders the shit out of a ton of people, often in horrific ways. I liked the story of Jacob and how he screwed his neighbor out of his cattle, by putting striped sticks in front of the feeding troughs , and when the animals bred, they had spotted and striped offspring.. Genesis 30:39 LOL. He has wonderfully and graciously brought you to this place where you will listen, and He is pointing you to His son Jesus Christ, who has now come and died, and He is saying to you, "Start there, at the Cross." Romans 8:8 Verse Concepts and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. Whatever my need . There is nothing too hard for God. We are about to study an older couple in Luk 1 who became the recipients of an "impossibility" from God; they are going to have a baby in spite of their age. Noah: A Drunkard. At all. As school starts, I will be using this for my tween. And he will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the land with a curse.'". He is the same angel who visited Daniel centuries ago. Well look-y here another person making Pascals Wager. Im talking about an impossible marriage restored LOL, I cant even say restored because that would imply it was ever good. $('.gsatelites').parent().position() : $('.gsatelites').offset()),vpHeight = $(window).height(),vpWidth = $(window).width(),tpViz = positionGSatelites.top + y >= 0 && positionGSatelites.top + y < vpHeight,btViz = positionGSatelites.top + y + 24 > 0 && positionGSatelites.top + y + 24 <= vpHeight,ltViz = positionGSatelites.left + x >= 0 && positionGSatelites.left + x < vpWidth,rtViz = positionGSatelites.left + x + 24 > 0 && positionGSatelites.left + x + 24 <= vpWidth,vVisible = tpViz && btViz,hVisible = ltViz && rtViz;if (vVisible && hVisible) {break;} else {j++;}} while (j - i < 10 * count); It is great for teenage prayer ideas and getting them inspired to connect with God. The Israelites in the Desert "If only we had died by the Lord's hand in Egypt! When we act in obedience to HIS will, HE will back us up. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Gods people saw the fulfillment of a promise. These are some examples of people who met Jesus or heard the gospel and believed to receive salvation: 1. By the way, there is no magic. Think of the works of the devil even during the days of Christ - To stop the spread of the Gospel. Thankfully, he kept on, doing his best with whatever situation faced him - and saved his family (70 relatives) from a terrible famine, which lineage eventually led to Jesus Christ, the Savior . There is no sickness too great and no problem to overwhelming that God cannot overcome. The Lord, He is God" Jesus No post on examples of prayer in the Bible would be complete without the prayer Jesus gives us as an example. According to Levitical law, everywhere she sat became unclean. What do they expect?" Exodus 14:13-14 is one of those answered prayer stories. While Abraham is called the "Father of the Faithful" and the recipient of God's unconditional covenant of grace to His people, Moses was the man chosen to bring redemption to His people. There is no possible way that you can shape dirt and make a man. 8. A concept that they know nothing about before that. Straining credulity. And she justified it by saying, "I have brain cancer.". People will always remind us of the limitations, but we must learn to live in the freedom of the future rather than the guilt of the past. Earlier this year, Brandon Smith and I launched a new podcast called Word Matters. literally no money. it is the book of Revelation. The text says, "Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth.". When you see scriptures on trusting God like this it stirs something inside of you to look within. Ive been in stress for past 4 months.. And that in fact, they can fall out of the sky, right, because thats what happens during the Revelation. And the angel answered and said to him, 'I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God; and I have been sent to speak to you, and to bring you this good news.'" There is no possible way that someone calling to a dead guy can wake him up. Book of Genesis This is the third thing she teaches us. Fear/ reverence for God grew all through the land. The falling of stones from the sky? There on the film she saw a tumor the size of an avocado in the center of her brain. 10. The story of Gideons impossible army is another example of impossible situations in the Bible. But i was praying daily with hope and trust in God.. In this story, Jesus is crucified and buried in a tomb. Do you believe Christ is able to help you to the point that you pursue him? Hope. She could not participate in the faith community because God wanted emissions of any kind to remain completely unassociated with any sort of community worship. How glorious he is, While i understand and mostly agree with your arguments as to why many of these and other stories in the bible are impossible or highly improbable, your manner of arguments and imature reactions to them make you sound just as rediculus as alot of the people your trying to mock. And she told her pastor, "Even God couldn't change his heart." In Genesis 32:22, Jacob wrestles with God and wins. Why? No one knows exactly how old they were, but they may have even been in their eighties; they were past the age of being able to conceive. The text says this woman had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. Required fields are marked *. Pastors especially address duty when their people face new or uncertain situations. Thats right, if we are to believe the story about Jesus birth, and to believe that all the things in the Bible are fact, in the real universe where magic doesnt exist, then Jesus Christ is not a man. Everest. Herod was a terrible tyrant and a political savage. Read our. This prophet that would come ahead of Jesus would come in the spirit of power, and he would turn the hearts of fathers back to their children. And he will turn back many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God. And they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and they were both advanced in years. My friend Valerie now has that kind of faith. Sometimes He causes or allows the impossible situation for His purposes and our good. 5. That one word has carried me through so much. Initially, of course, she and her family reeled from the shock. When he was only a teenager, David encountered one of the most . The Virgin Birth (Story of Jesus) But please keep in mind that the Bible was not just always there. This is the greatest message of Zacharias' life; God's message delivered by Gabriel, instilled in his soul, and left for him to announce to the nation, and all he can do is go out and shake his head and move his arms and hands, LUK 1:22, "But when he came out, he was unable to speak to them; and they realized that he had seen a vision in the temple; and he kept making signs to them, and remained mute." 1. . First we see that faith takes us to Christ when we're at the end of ourselves. That thought bothers EVERYONE who dares to even think on it. 3. Samsons Magic Hair In Be Still My Anxious Mind, God Will Fight For You we defined the Hebrew word charash: Be still (dont complain or worry about the real enemy in front of you more than you trust God) because God will fight for you. Ask him if he is real in your prayer closet; and seek him with all your heart then he will reveal himself to you. But for you who fear My name the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall. 9. But for you to pretend to be so much smarter then a christian and to presume you know anymore about the real nature of reality than they do is presumptious and egotistical. We read in John 15 that Jesus says, "Apart from me, you can do nothing." However, Gideons army is made up of only 300 men. He is also sowing seeds of fear into the surrounding nations. Take this life, a living sacrifice, surrendered fully for You to use as You please. It would not be uncommon for a man to go through all his years as a priest and never be drawn by lot to enter into the holiest place of all. He had Hulk strength from his hair? God specifically chose Moses to lead the Israelites from captivity in Egypt to . This is an impossible situation, as it would have been impossible for Daniel to survive in the lions den. 12. That is why we can silently set aside fear and trust Him. - Criss Jami. GOD is the owner and creator of all things visible and invisible. The angel is saying that Malachi's words are true, and your wife will bear the forerunner of the Messiah. This man has had such a great experience, but he is not able to communicate it! Noahs Ark is most likely a synthesis of the Black Sea Flood (a catastrophe in its own right) and the local story of some joe who lashed a few rafts together to save some livestock during a seasonal flood. It doesn't just have to be with healing a sickness or a disease but He can do it for anything! Therefore, to state that He is hateful, vengeful, and has all the bad qualities of humans is a mistake as you and I do not *know* Him. Imagine this. She was out of resources. Will You Continue Trusting God When It Looks Impossible? 4. What else is there to say? Is it possible to be still, set aside fear, and be silent in our trust of a God who allows hard things to happen? I thought my life was over, so I grabbed his feet and begged him not to leave me. Yet he comes out like nothing happened. In this story, God commands the Israelites to march around the city of Jericho for seven days and then blow their trumpets. So, what stories do you know from the Bible that are completely impossible?
Disadvantages Of Using Newspaper Articles For Research, Columbia Sc Golf Membership, Gluteal Hematoma Ultrasound, Articles E