When Jack Thayer became WDGY General Manager in June 1957, Loughnane transferred to Storz-owned WHB in Kansas City and Jack named Bill program director in mid-November 1958. She creatively, Brian J. W. said He was super professional from, Daphne B. said 97.1 WASH FM DJ from Washington, DC. Saturdays 3-7p EST. Bob Cole WDGY (November 1965 October 1966). Go to DJs r/DJs Posted by ATravellingBoy. Known as Admiral Richard E. In 1964 he started a bootleg AM station in his basement in South Minneapolis. The only thing I can tell you is she is gone, said Mike Crusham, Clear Channels market manager for the Twin Cities. Thanks to Johnnys son Tom Wigren for the info and photos! I developed a format of album rock, blues, soul, some jazz, a bit of folk, classical, spoken word and anything I could find that interested listeners. An article from the December 1966 Inbeat says that he has eight telephones when he broadcasts, answered by secretary Melody Galore. In retrospect, what neither myself nor Dandy nor WDGY realized that spring was by 1969, the times they were a-changin' and indeed had changed. Peanut Butter Wolf Glover also produced a two-hour documentary video on the life and times of the group. Chris Manak is a mild-mannered dude who goes by Peanut Butter Wolf when hes mixing records or running his label. The second image is from Jimmys letterhead, courtesy Pavek Museum of Broadcasting. They decided to buy a radio station in White Plains, New York but after a year their wives missed Cleveland. DJ Dan He became Music Director in March 1968. Local Springsteen fans bemoan spiraling ticket prices to see the Boss, Tina Turner jukebox musical Tina shines, but only during its songs, Multi-platinum country band Alabama to play Xcel Energy Center in June, Rochester-born rapper Yung Gravy will headline the Minnesota State Fair Grandstand, Concert review: British rockers Muse go for it with bonkers Target Center show, Jonas Brothers announce new album, Broadway shows in March, John Shipley: Timing on Lindsay Whalen decision seems odd, Hastings delivers improbable rally to stun defending champ St. Michael-Albertville in 3A wrestling final, Two graduates allege in lawsuits sexual groping by fellow students, frat-like culture at St. Thomas Academy, Boys hockey: Hill-Murray stops Gentry Academy, earns another trip to state, Boys section hockey: Mahtomedi breaks away late from Chisago Lakes to earn state tourney return, Wild say goodbye to Jordan Greenway to jump start busy day of trades, Three St. Paul teachers among 33 semifinalists for MN teacher of the year, State wrestling: Simley ties program-record mark with fifth straight Class 2A crown, St. Louis Park man killed cousin, local chef outside St. Paul funeral reception, charges say, As Adderall shortage continues, DEA plans to limit some telemedicine prescriptions, House where JonBenet Ramsey was found dead listed for sale for almost $7M, Columbia University permanently drops SAT, ACT admissions requirement, The Waterbed Doctor: California retailer lays claim to retro bed with nearly 40 years of service, sales, Felonious Florida podcast: Missing teenage girl leads to several cases of child sex trafficking, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. Epic wins. Thanks, Greg! Win Tickets to see Weezer at The Armory! Actually it was taken in the recording studio as I was producing commercials. He's also a member of the drum n bass crew Junglist Platoon and hosts a Wednesday-evening radio show at DnBRadio from 8 to 10 p.m. Ray: The photo [below] was, indeed, taken at KRSI. Dandy would be gone a second and final time within the year. Hobbins on-air name at WCOW was Juniper Jim. Al Carlson KSTP (1973). Why not? I love coffee and I hear there are amazing coffee shops out there, and I want to experience the farmers markets and dig into more local produce and locally owned things. When hiring live entertainment, its important to have a record of your communication and agreement. Pat Knight KSTP (1974-75) (Also see Pat McKay), Bill Lake (also know as Carl Lensgraf) WYOO (1974), Bullet Bob Lange KDWB (1972 1979), WLOL-FM, WWTC (1988-1989), KSTP, Bob Lange, 1973, KDWB. It occasionally contained live tracks recorded from local concerts in the Twin Cities. Click on the link for a tribute to ONeill written by Senator Betzold. Chuck Cell KDWB (1963-64), WTCN-TV (1973). Excerpted from Steve Iverson and Julian Wests site Minnesota Kid Vid: In the early 1940s, Sev Widman (Severance J. Widman, Jr. 1922-1981) launched Studio Party Wham, a midnight program on WMIN Radio with his friend Leigh Kamman. A Saturday in late May was selected as The Time and a grassy open area between Wards Southtown and the Southtown Bowl was selected as The Place. The pomp and circumstance would be provided by a band called the Tombstone Epitaph set up in front of the bowling alley wall for an event billed and ballyhooed as the Return of the King.. http://radiotapes.com/(Tom Gavaras) Joe died on March 14, 2014. Stone hosted the Sunset Valley Barn Dance, David Stone photo courtesy Pavek Museum of Broadcasting. Their oldest daughter, Sophie Berit, died at young age and is buried in the cemetery as you turn down the road towards Hammer. Chris Roberts (Phil Heuer also see Lord Douglas) KDWB (March 1971 to September 1973) Follow the link for an aircheck on radiotapes.com, Chris Roberts in 1973, courtesy RadioTapes.com, Ugly Del Roberts (Darrell E. Mulroy) KDWB (1965 news), WWTC (September 1979 September 1981, 1984, 1988), KLBB (1989), KDWB (1990), KJJO (1993), WWTC (2003), Ugly Del died on March 16, 2003. Two local radio personalities are out of jobs. Albert Vant Flash Washington WLOL (1940s) See a photo of Washington taken by John Glanton under Kenneth Wilson, below. If nobody has written a book about him, they certainly should. Roy Carr WLOL (1954-55), WTCN (1955-59), Scott Carpenter WLOL (1964), KRSI (1965), WWTC (1979-1980), Walt twisting on the cover of a WDGY promotional album. My parents are so excited to hear their baby boy back in SoCal, he said during a video chat ahead of the first show. Was known as Big Bill Cash on WCCO for five months in 1956 during the Contest Craze. For fun I looked him up on Ancestry.com Lance Douglas Hammer (12/10/1939 8/19/1993) came from Hammer Village, South Dakota, where everyone there was named Hammer! Jim Dandy got out to commence The Return of the King, and it was immediately apparent how dismayed he was at the small crowd. 02m 46sec. Okerlund left radio in 1970 to work at Channel 11 TV as a salesman. Win Tickets to See Ed Sheeran! She has continued to record and issued the album Find My Way Home in 2016. He also continued performing and recording. Couples cozied up on couches and groups gathered around tables as a TV played the band performances that were happening on the floor above. In June 1968 Ambrose participated in a contest at KQ by living in a motor home for four weeks, visiting various places around the Twin Cities and broadcasting his regular show from the KQ parking lot in Golden Valley. When a DJ ditches the USB sticks to play his first all-vinyl set in eight years at a high-profile gig like Mysterylands, you know he's feeling himself and right now, Foss is mixing with the confidence of a guy who feels like he can take the crowd anywhere he wants them to go. Tal Bartell WYOO/U100 (1975 1976.) Now a digital features editor with the Southern California News Group, she edits, assigns and curates entertainment content while still contributing features on a range of artists, authors and comedians. In 1969 he became a partner in polka station WJSW in Maplewood. Serving up the sounds of today with royal taste! The second photo below is from 1961. It surely doesnt hurt that hes a musician himself (one-half of She Wants Revenge) or that he worked for Prince back in the Glam Slam days. more of the story, KSTP weatherman Dave Dahl announces he's retiring, 'History of the World, Part II' reminds us that Mel Brooks is one of our greatest court jesters, From Minnesota to HBO series, Indigenous actor bringing 'my people and my stories with me', 10 moments of Zen from Jon Stewart's 'Daily Show' reign, TV shows to watch this week: Chris Rock gets ready to go live on Netflix, Home video: 'Jesus of Nazareth' presents the Gospel according to Zeffirelli. Don Anderson WLOL (1954-59) on the Mr. Photo of Franklin Hobbs courtesy Pavek Museum of Broadcasting. Dave Dudley (David Darwin Pedruska)- WISK (December 1957 February 1958), KEVE (February 1958 February 1960). If you ever wanted to dance to the original O.C. I'm a full time DJ in Los Angeles, Ca. Amanda Jones Hoyer died on February 1, 1999. On April 4, 1958, Will Jones reported that Doty left WTCN because of doubts about a racy new program policy that is to start soon. Leigh Kamman was to replace him, but he went to KSTP instead, for the same reason. Marc Anderson (Howard Leroy Anderson, Jr.) KDWB (May 1969 March 1973), WDGY (March 1973 October 1974), KDWB again. Dick Harris KDWB TV Guide ad: The Controversial Dick Harris. Jack had a deep voice and did a show called Rhythm Roundup on WCOW featuring country uptempo tunes. Sweet Michael OShea WYOO (1973), WLOL (1973 1976), KS-95, WWTC (1988-1989). Noble, who is married to former Minnesota Viking Mike Morris, added that waking up at 3:30 a.m. each day for her radio gig followed by lessons and concerts when she could fit them in proved to be too much. While at WCOW, Denver Don Doty was the top country DJ in the Twin Cities. Since then she has been based in the United Arab Emirates most recently co-hosting mornings at Radio 1 UAE with current Q102 WIOQ Philadelphia evening host Sam Nugget Dababneh. Check out: DJ Fink DJ Services Specialties: Providing excellent mobile and in-venue DJ services. He was born on May 28, 1939, in Cokato, Minnesota. Morbid is a true crime, creepy history and all things spooky podcast hosted by an autopsy technician and a hairstylist. Tom L. says She was very soft spoken (kind of sounds like a public radio DJ) but sexy too. Randi was 16 years old when she started. After the next 12 years as a New York freelancer, MacDougall returned to the Twin Cities to anchor the news at KSTP-TV from December 1959 to 1971. Laub passed away Friday, August 28, 2015, at the age of 90. Magazine named him as one of Minneapoliss Sexiest. I was working midday at KQ and had an hour to drive to WAYL for the afternoon/evening shift. It used to be fun, the pay was secondary. Host Joey Boy grew up locally in Highland Park and later lived in Burbank where his parents currently reside. This photo, also from 1951, courtesy Randys sister-in-law, Mimi Hillory Vogel. Frequent collaborators Lovefingers and Heidi Lawden are a dream team of dance-floor eclecticism, with nearly a half-centurys experience as house, techno and disco tastemakers between them. We hired him for our Grandma's 90th birthday party and he was AWESOME! Richard went to WBAY in Green Bay in 1968was the off-air production director at KQRS in the early 70s, and put in a few months at KYMN in Northfield around 1974. I produce all the genres of music so I have no problem blending all styles. KSTP photo courtesy of Dons son Tom. retired Chief of Staff officer from the North Dakota Army National Guard. Merles is the second photo Stuart A. Lindman is holding up. He was replaced by Jack Thayer in June 1957. Cities 97.1 Music Recently Played Top Songs About Damn Time LIZZO About Damn Time 2:32 AM Who I Am Wyn Starks Who I Am 2:22 AM Anti-Hero Taylor Swift Midnights 2:06 AM See All Recently Played Shows Brian Oake in the Morning Madison Paul Fletcher Smitty Latest Stories Music News Sofia Carson & Diane Warren To Perform At 2023 Oscars Feb 27, 2023 Alan Stone (Shel Danielson) KQRS (1968 1980), Cities 97/KTCJ (1985 1996). She has a BA Hons degree in television and theatre production from Buckinghamshire University in England. Ray Vecellio KRSI (1966 1970), WCCO (1970 1997). John Pete (John Peterson) WLOL (1962 1965), KQRS (Program Director 1968 1972), KRSI-FM (1972), KQRS (1973-1974). Its always great when I can bring back a prior employee who our audience loved, said Rich Davis, Program Director of Cities 97.1. Join The Fletcher Family For The Ultimate Tour Of Ireland! Also known as Brother Bob. Sam joined them at one of their Boolyas down by the railroad tracks, where he met people from all walks of life who liked to ride the boxcars. You can rest easy knowing that your payment is secure, and that well have your back in the event of any trouble that may occur. The list leans heavily on those who played rock 'n' roll - don't be looking for anyone from WCCO-AM. In October 1963 Garren hosted a show called Celebrity Table, with remote broadcasts from places like the Waikiki Room at the Pick Nicollet Hotel. Ron died on May 21, 2016. He actually got a call from an organization called Hobos of America, who had copyrighted the name and asked him to stop using it. Photo below right courtesy Rick Burnetts Twin Cities Radio Airchecks. Thats Gene Leader, everyday from 3 to 7. I had no idea I could love doing something so much.. By: Hull over the phone in 2014, and of course I never wrote up my notes, so I hope I can understand what they mean. Eventually became the sports anchor at KMSP-TV. Photo below courtesy Rick Burnetts Twin Cities Radio Airchecks. While at KUXL, Dan served as Recreation Director at The Way, a refuge for troubled teens on Plymouth Ave. in North Minneapolis. Dabbs Productions is a wedding DJ and entertainment company based in Jacksonville, Florida. The Minneapolis Daily Herald reported, During the course of his 70 consecutive rides Rose ate three hot dogs, lost his tie clip and seven pounds. Twitter: @cities971radio Language: English Contact: 1600 Utica Ave S 651-989-9797 Website: http://cities971.iheart.com Stations MacLeash was a force behind such Cities 97 projects as Studio C mini-concerts with name artists, the Basilica Block Party and the Cities Sampler series, all-star compilations of exclusive performances sold for the past 24 Novembers, which have raised more than $800,000 for area charities. Ratan said hes stoked to be able to interact with L.A. fans. I am, Jerry P. said Marv Henry WLOL ( 1962), KSTP (1962 ), John Hines WWTC (1971- 1973), KSTP (1979), WLOL-FM, KEEY-FM, WCCO. In 2007 2011 he ran a sushi restaurant in Sooke, British Columbia. He said it was one of nine times he was fired! Hot Creations boss Lee Foss has long been one of Chicago's greatest gifts to L.A.'s dance-music scene. From February to April 1955, he hosted the Don Doty TV Show on Channel 11.
Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra, Are Steering Wheel Knobs Legal In Australia, Btec Applied Science Unit 1 Biology Past Papers, Image In Gmail Signature Question Mark, Charlestown Bank Robbers, Articles C