Billions for Tory friends emergency contracts If the Committee serve a s.24 notice on Alex Salmond to produce the documents to them wouldnt he be happy to do that? Is Lord Wolffe incompetent, I have no idea. And the reason these ScotGov plants AND the Scottish COPFS are trying to suppress Alex Salmonds testimony, is because the manner in which the case was orchestrated against him is ALREADY STANDARD throughout the UK (& beyond) *secret* Family Courts system. She would either have to perjure herself or spill the beans. attempt to use its powers to force release by Crown Office of all correspondence it holds involving those Alex Salmond accuses of plotting against him'. This website contains useful information including details on how to contact me as well as local surveys and information. Christine Grahame, MSP for Midlothian South, Tweeddale and Lauderdale, came out on top with her one-year-old hound Mabel, but the politician was humble in victory. One development, though, in her view, is less positive. She could have been nodding in agreement as well, one doesnt negate the other. What is one to do? So, Angus places the lotion in the basket? https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/02/25000-reward-offered-for-copy-of-geoff-aberdein-testimony/. Above looks interesting , is the press turning? I used to joke about it with her I called her stevie wonder once. I am not too sure where I actually stand here for I do not really have much information of the person that I first referred to as a nodding donkey. I do wonder if as Sturgeons leadership fall into dissaray followed by her inevitable resignation if Boris might look at this as the ideal time to offer a referendum? Youll notice her in the chamber quite a lot now youve seen her once. They must be terrified. Bring it on. Absolutely no answers, & of course I heard no explanation about the need to actually redact. Although understandably it can be a bit disconcerting if you arent aware if whats going on. And I know I have spoken to people about that whove been in those circumstances. Bet ya, https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ghana-women-sexcrimes-trfn-idUSKCN25315H, WhoRattledYourCage says: Her concerns were unfounded, they said. Its not been proven there is sufficiency of evidence to take us where the Cabinet Secretary wants to take us, which is, in his words, access to justice. This website is using cookies. She continued to campaign for this for a number of years, with the line eventually opening between Edinburgh and Tweedbank in 2015. In fact, I will qualify that if I may The SNP leadership appears to be without any integrity whatsoever. In 1984, she graduated from the Edinburgh University again, but this time with a Bachelor of Laws degree. Same with Baillie asking the urgent question in the first place. Current status: Taken in the Chamber on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, Result 23 for, 93 against, 3 abstained, 10 did not vote, Submitted by: George Adam, Paisley, Scottish National Party. I am angry and despondent: I may never see my nation free in my lifetime. (From what I have seen and read in the past few weeks, I am definitely not holding my breath.). So I did., Holyrood provides comprehensive coverage of Scottish politics, offering award-winning reporting and analysis: Subscribe, Read the most recent article written by - Time for Michael Matheson to live up to his motto of smart on crime, Stay in the know with our fortnightly magazine, Registered in England & Wales under No. Shall I withdraw my apologies about her? If she walks, her career in politics is over. Nicola and Liz get to hear about this. Best start looking through yer favourite shop, Totty Rocks for a frock with fetching stripes that match the latest fashion at Corton Vale. Political Holdings Limited document.write(new Date().getFullYear()); Time for Michael Matheson to live up to his motto of smart on crime. Although she finished second in the constituency vote, she was elected on the SNP's South of Scotland regional list. His performance was an outrage. By insisting on post publication redaction of paragraphs which name only one woman other than the FM, will the professional and independent law officer involved, who allegedly acted without the approval of the Lord Advocate, be prosecuted for contempt of court by effectively identifying a complainant? On reading some seemingly valid points concerning the lady, the alleged excuses for her actions seem to be very much disputed. As someone here said, let your enemies destroy themselves. You unexist. The other problem I have is the assertion that the redacted evidence is necessary to protect the anonymity of the conspirators, but when comparing the full text with the redacted version, this is patently untrue. The decisions in relation to this matter were made by senior professional prosecutors acting independently, as they always do, without reference to the law officers [the Lord Advocate and Solicitor General]., Alison Di Rollo (ne Lafferty) QC is the Solicitor General for Scotland. Im sure he can throw money about and just mark it down as Covid Costs. This website contains useful information including details on how to contact me as well as local surveys and information. The Lord Advocate: Surely Scotland can do better than this? More to the point, it reveals a darker side of the matter and conspiracy is too light a description. Liked by Christine Grahame Ford has announced that it is returning to Formula 1 from 2026. My mother turned to me and says, dont just moan, Christine, phone somebody about it, she recalls. His hands are as filthy as the last Lord Advocate! Millions to refurbish Westminster. It was confirmed at that meeting that the Crowns sole concern was one paragraph in its article about the former First Ministers ministerial code submission. I have to assume Stuart Campbell is correct in his comments about Alex Salmond separating both posts while in office if thats the case , both the Lord Advocate and the SNP MSP Arthur have just told blatant lies in their presentation to Parliament, The balance is wrong for the Justice Committee and its not the first time Ive said it and it wont be the last. Constituency report for Midlothian South, Tweeddale and Lauderdale. This is only the 2nd time Ive watched James Wolfe speak in parliament, the first time was when Ken McIntosh questioned the competence of parliament to pass a bill, I cant remember what bill it was, something to do with the Continuity bill, Its hard to believe that same articulate, congenial, knowledgeable appearing man, is the same contemptuous bumbling wreck in that video at the top of this page. i.e. I have been privileged to represent the people of Midlothian and the Borders for 22 years in the Scottish Parliament. In the 1994 European Parliament election, she contested the South of Scotland constituency, again unsuccessfully. Christine Graham. Following his discussion from his legal team, AS is a smart, knowledgeable & courageous man. James Graham Other occupants: James Graham View 2 Christine A Graham ER 2002-03 Carlisle, Cumbria, CA2. I cannot see how he could be liable to any action civil or criminal if he had to comply with such an order. He previously served from 2011 to 2016 as Lord Advocate, one of the Great Officers of State of Scotland and the countrys chief Law Officer, and as Solicitor General, the junior Law Officer.[3]. https://www.facebook.com/290782454428626/posts/1713645785475612/?d=n. [8] During the COVID-19 pandemic, she went into self isolation as someone over 70 years old and therefore at more risk of developing severe COVID-19 symptoms. Did I understand correctly that among all the waffle, lip licking, mumbling and frantically making as he went along, he actually said that the interest of the COPFS in the evidence is now concluded? guilty as hell for attempting to hound Alex Salmond from the possibility of ever re-entering public life, and they MUST now face questions: questions that relate to evidence withheld from parliament; questions designed to bring to the fore what appears to be an attempt to pervert the course of justice; and however long it takes however much it costs we have to know the truth. Not only does the trust in the Scottish government, but also the trust in parliament and more importantly for the British state, the trust in the crown that sponsors COPFS and the lord advocate, is at stake here. My mum is a sufferer. aLurker says: Christine Graham Director of Trust Administration and Chief Fiduciary Officer at UMB Bank Leawood, KS UMB Bank, +3 more University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, +2 more Christine. I am no fan of Liam Fox, but if you cpompare this with the skitter we have listened to today by Sturgeon and Wolffe, I think it is obvious that there will be a change soon at Holyrood. Could she not have taking a few copies of Alex Salmond statements and asked the lord advocate ( after handing him a copy) which part named the alleged victim to which he wanted removed? J. Hillis Miller Health Center Location 1600 SW Archer Rd. Gave me a few good sniggers. From his performance today, I suspect he did not approve the letter, and he knows he is in jeopardy. The current SNP, after the New Labour Blairite model, has become a mostly middleclass enterprise. AYRSHIRE ROB think for five minutes, before you start typing. 24 February, 2021 at 7:08 pm Very badly reported as Salmond v Sturgeon of course. Find out about tours and events at the Scottish Parliament. https://www.scottishlegal.com/article/scotland-has-highest-prison-population-rate-per-head-in-western-europe, Scotland also has the highest proportion of probationers under supervision for offences against persons in all of Europe., The number of people in prison is predicted by the Ministry of Justice to rise further, as sentence lengths and custody rates continue to increase.. Mr Salmond seeks an injunction and a judicial review to protect his reputation. A shepherd's daughter, her father travelled for work, so her formal education was limited. If you look at our work programme, its all legislation. Rumour of good news imminent on Twitter anyone got anything concrete?? After graduating, Grahame worked as a secondary teacher of English in a number of schools in Fife and Dumfries and Galloway. Hes so obviously uncomfortable lying to ordinary politicians rather than the legal profession he normally lies to. Orwell, 1984. Why can we not read that letter and judge for ourselves? I have it on impeccable authority that she was not merely not a very good lawyer, she was absolutely dire, almost unemployable; probably another reason that she hates Joanna Cherry. He will have an answer ready & close LF of at the pass & continue to impart the information for us all to hear. Someone above quoted Alex Salmond on how he was basically saved by the Court of Session and the High Court. As for covert operatives, the case of Mark Kennedy comes to mind. I really dont know how you cope with all this and I am so, so pleased that you can and you do. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Wings Over Scotland is a (mainly) Scottish political media digest and monitor, which also offers its own commentary. If she does that she might salvage alternative career paths. Surely not. The Lord Advocate: Top of the News. So *was* Geoff a complainant? We know the media works on Salmond v Sturgeon, and it aint gonna change. I simply could not have put it any better at all. It is clear she holds the bipartisan character of the committee system in high regard often very different from the tribal jostling that FMQs gives rise to while drawing a clear distinction between her roles as a convener and backbencher. @Solarflare. I hope this site wont suffer due to you. Mist001 says: Join Facebook to connect with Christine Grahame and others you may know. -. Where is he now? Thats what used to go on in Clarence House in the good old days. You have to admit, shes given any potential future female politicians the best lesson in what NOT to do in power that they could have had. A stalwart of Holyrood since its inception in 1999, Grahame is both a formidable and highly respected character having been called on to convene four committees two of which, justice in her 15 years. Grahame ran for Depute Leader of the Scottish National Party in the 2004 leadership election, but was defeated by Nicola Sturgeon. A higher prison population is historically typical of countries under colonial domination. Theyre presumably not talking to Salmond at this stage, just about him. Wonder if he made a mistake there somehow. So she makes a charge of sexual harassment, just so that it is on the record for vetting purposes. A disgrace, that learned gent trousers a pretty penny .was that performance even worth a penny. 24 February, 2021 at 9:12 pm When they are right, they are right. Christine Grahame is a Scottish National Party (SNP) politician. Mrs. Christine E. Graham Sunset: March 22, 2022 God .
Is Dale Arnold Still Doing Bruins Games, Fe+h2o=fe2o3+h2 Type Of Reaction, Wzzm 13 News Meteorologist, Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta For Sale, Kaldi's Coffee Nutritional Information, Articles C