You get to see two islands in one day, while also enjoying some time on each island. In addition to coral reefs, Fish Rock is home to a diverse range of fish, making it a popular snorkel spot. Enjoy lunch on deck like a BBQ feast. It was a great full day with my family. 10 Amazing Wine Tours in Nice, France to Book Today! Gear was in excellent condition and wet suits, noodles and life belts were offered free of charge. Best Eco Tour: Molokini Wild Side: Snorkel and Cruise from Maui - Buy Tickets at Viator "Depending on conditions and seasonal migrations, the tour may also swing through La Pelouse Bay to search for spinner dolphins." Best Molokini Crater Tour: Small-Group Molokini Snorkel Buy on Viator.com 2 Likes FloridaManJefe March 2, 2023, 10:55pm The experience was fantastic! Wind can be a tricky element as it not only affects your snorkel tour, but also the means to get to your snorkel location. This was an easy, leisurely tour that takes you into backcountry. I scarfed mine down so I dont remember what it had so no picture! Your tour starts with a continental breakfast of Mom Coons 4thgeneration cinnamon rolls and tropical fruit, served with Kona coffee, tea, hot cocoa or pineapple juice. Snorkeling, dolphin, and whale watching tours. Whats Included:Take a snorkeling trip from Lahaina to Lanai, or the Pineapple Island, on this excursion from Lahaina. Maui Bucket List - Top 10 Things You MUST Do on Maui! nteracted w/ all of us. During the trip, Captain Riley also spoke about the history of the Trilogy company as well as their stance on respecting the ocean and animal life. 116. There are eight main Hawaiian islands, but five that are most visited: Oahu, Maui, Hawaii , Kauai, and Lanai. Snorkeling in mild waves is doable, but the main concern is it causing seasickness for snorkelers. Haleakala Eco Tours - Haleakala Sunrise or Sunset Tour . Snorkeling tours will take you to see spinner dolphins and sea turtles in Lanais reefs. Snorkeling tours will take you to see spinner dolphins and sea turtles in Lanais reefs. Your three hours on Lanai are considered free time and travelers are left to wander, explore, eat and shop. The Bay offers our guests unparalleled (and uncrowded!) Maui offers amazing snorkeling, even from shore. The island of Lanai, also known as the Pineapple Isle for its plantation history, is surrounded by beautiful coastline that's rarely visited. The waters off Lanai are home to a pod of over 100 spinner dolphins! Before you fill up your itinerary, check out our Hawaii Recommendations for our vetted and favorite Maui activities. All you need to bring for a day of snorkeling on Lanai is your bathing suit, reef-safe sunscreen, towel, and any personal items you might need. Discover Lanai Adventure [6:30 AM - 2:00 PM], Inclusions: Beverages / Flotation devices / Continental breakfast / Snorkel equipment / BBQ lunch / 2 adult premium cocktails / Beach access fee / Reef-safe sunscreen, Snorkel Time at Hulopoe Bay Marine Sanctuary, Leisure time at Hulopoe Bay Marine Sanctuary. Its also known as The Pineapple Isle thanks to its past pineapple plantation. quarantine, isolation or flu-like symptoms. No matter when or where you go, a Maui snorkeling tour with Four Winds is a great timeguaranteed! Snorkel equipment & flotation devices (required for safety reasons). - our boat captain, Cary, shared many interesting facts about all the islands while we were on our way to our snorkeling sites. Snorkel Gear & Flotation Devices. The experience was amazing! I didnt bring an underwater camera so, unfortunately, there are no pictures to share. There are also fabulous beaches, Sweetheart Rock, the Lanai Cat Sanctuary, and walking around Lanai City. I used that prior to sailing and during sailing. And the day ended with a beautiful, private, scenic lunch spot overlooking Pololu Valley. There was a wind storm at Lanai so we couldn't go there but they took usmore, setting over Lanai. Enjoy an often-relaxing sail back to the island of Maui. Below are some of our top picks on the island! As your raft crosses the Auau Channel on the way to Lanai the search for dolphins begins. I was appreciative that she stayed back with us and didnt make us feel rushed. Only credit, debit or digital payment methods with a QR code will be accepted for on board purchases. It is a 5 hour trip that includes two snorkel stops along the Lanai Coast. Our boat features all the big boat comforts with a small boat atmosphere. The crew with Ultimatemore, SNORKELING at Lana'i and Molokini for the win. 5. Fish Rock A humpback whale via Pixabay. The return sail is capped off with two adult premium beverages for guests 21+. Erica and I prefer snorkeling at Lanai over Molokini crater but I hope I laid out the unbiased facts for both locations. Lahaina is home to some of the calmest waters in Maui, making for the best whale watching experience. The lunch was good and so were the cocktails provided after snorkeling. Encompassing two of the worlds most active volcanoes Kilauea and Mauna Loa the park is a UNESCO world heritage site with hiking trails, crater views, lava tubes, and sometimes, lava viewing. It was a nice touch that he remembered and found me. They also suggested wearing rubber shoes in case the deck got wet. Book a tour at www.hawaiioceanrafting.com or call 808-661-RAFT with any questions about our Lanai snorkeling adventures. Most tours leave from Port Allen in Eleele on the West Side. Waking up to a view of Halemaumau Crater is an experience you wont soon forget. Capture photographs of the islands rocky coast from the water. They are incredibly family friendly, the boat size is small and cozy and they go above and beyond every step of the way. Kayak Snorkeling with Maui Adventure Tours 6. Our PacWhale Eco-Adventures are open for booking as we welcome visitors back to Maui. nteracted w/ all of us. Since they were up near the captain, they also had a chance to steer the boat! For parties of less than 8 people: Any cancellations made after 15:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount. Of the three islands that make up Maui County, Molokai stands out as having the closest link to old Hawaii. A California couple has filed a federal lawsuit against a Maui snorkeling tour company, claiming one of their vessels left them behind in waters off Lanai. Friendly Charters. Captain Riley was in the water with a board waiting for us. Bring a picnic and a picnic blanket to sit on the lawn overlooking the grandeur of Honolulu and the Pacific Ocean. Safety-conscious, competent and friendly Crew who will provide personal attention to each guest, including snorkel instruction and lessons, Fresh water showers, beach mats, & lawn chairs at Hulopoe Beach, Sailing (year round) and Whale watching (December April), Continental breakfast + croissant breakfast sandwich (6:30am only) or assorted deli wraps (10am only), Trilogys famous plantation-style BBQ lunch at the Hale o Manele, Non-alcoholic beverages and chilled filtered water, 21+ yrs: two adult premium beverages on return sail, Complimentary reef-safe sunscreen if you forget to bring your own. Molokini crater gets crowded and you will see comparable Hawaiian fish from Mauis shores. A. Tel. We really enjoyed this laid back tour. are allowed for an additional fee. Need more cardio? **. Then we went out by Lanai and a whale came up out of the water about 5 feet from our boatmore, were plentiful, and the food was tasty. A day trip to Lanai from Maui is an excellent way to see another Hawaiian island and get some world-class snorkeling. Affordable rentals of wetsuit shirts, underwater cameras, binoculars, Regular updates on PWF Research, Education and Conservation, Exclusive Access to our Membership Portal, Priority boarding on PacWhale Eco-Adventures vessels. Makai Adventures Lanai Snorkel Rate $211.37 per Adult, $167.04 per Child (5-12) (Hawaii sales tax included) Escape the crowds of Lahaina and explore the pristine waters of Lana'i with Makai Adventures! Many popular places such as Hanauma Bay on Oahu now require reservations, and popular tours, including sunrise at Haleakal on Maui and sunset at Mauna Kea on the Island of Hawaii, often sell out . My first impression was REALLY BAD. Enjoy once-in-a-lifetime experiences and go Humpback whale and Spinner dolphin spotting. This cultural heritage can best be understood when enjoying one of our . Cash will graciously be accepted for gratuities only. This is a more intimate Lanai snorkeling trip from Maui. sunscreen in a fully sustainable tube made from sugarcane available for, Continental breakfast: banana bread, assorted pastries, fresh island fruit, juice, Maui coffee, Lunch grilled onboard: chicken breasts, garden burgers, hot dogs, mac salad, zesty bean salad and chocolate chip cookies. TRILOGY VI: 55 Sloop Rigged Sailing Catamaran licensed for 88 passengers, average number of guests is 45 passengers. The snorkel locationmore, We had an amazing day! 5.5 Hour Excursions. Located south of Wailea, in Makena, Maluaka Beach is definitely one of our favorite snorkel locations on Maui. On our way there we saw a pod of spinner dolphins. Lanai Dolphin Adventure & 2 Snorkel Sites, 2. We are so glad we went on this trip. Great Value Tour To Visit Lanai. Now home to two opulent resorts with their own golf courses, Lana'i used to be agricultural land for the world's largest pineapple plantation. Sail to the island of Lanai from Maui on the best one-day Hawaii tour complete with snorkeling at Hulopoe Beach, a quick hike to Sweetheart Rock, swimming at tide pools, and of course a delicious breakfast and lunch complete with a premium bar. All skill levels will receive snorkeling gear and instruction in a group setting. Copyright 2022 Happily Ever Travels Privacy Policy, 10 Best Kaanapali Luxury Vacation Rentals. Imagine jumping into the ocean when its pitch black and then having a gentle giant with a wingspan of up to 16 feet roll past you, inches from your face. Stop off and view tropical fish, turtles, octopuses, manta rays, and dolphins while snorkeling. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Hawaii is an archipelago of islands that stretch over 1,500 miles. When Jordan and I had a day to ourselves , we headed straight for this tour. Minimum age for these tours is 5. My husband had his swim shorts and a t-shirt underneath his zip-up long sleeve. Sail Maui Lana'i Coast Snorkel 3. Included breakfast dishes include fresh fruit, bagels, juice, and spreads to whet your appetite. Are you looking for a fun way to spend your day on the island of Lanai? $145+tax $99 Kids 4-12 DOLPHIN ADVENTURE & LANAI SNORKEL 4 Hour Tour: 9am-1pm Explore Lanai's South Coast Includes Breakfast & Snack 2 Snorkel Stops Cruise to the scenic coastline of Lanai island and snorkel a dazzling coral reef, home to abundant sea life. Tantalus Look is the place to come for the sunset and amazing views of Waikiki and Diamond Head. Just 8.8 miles across the channel is the Pineapple Isle - Maui's closest neighbor island. Prior to landing at Lanai, we got another snack which was a croissant breakfast sandwich. When planning your trip, be sure to check out the different tour options. Look deep into the waters to watch Spinner dolphins, manta rays and sea turtles and if youre lucky, in certain seasons whales can be spotted. If youve opted for a full day out, your journey starts in the early morning. first time snorkeling, on our own or with a tour. With clear waters, large tide pools, and visibility of 80 ft. or more, it is a prime spot for world-class snorkeling. MAUI SNORKEL AT A GLANCE For thrill-seekers of all ages, PacWhale's Maui snorkeling tours offer the adventure of a lifetime. Ive lived all over the world, speak 3 languages (or try to! Check availability When? The kids were exhausted and passed out. They alos have a delicious locally made ice cream! However, when we continued our way, some dolphins came to swim with us! Lahaina is our favorite town on Maui. Lanai is home to the gorgeous Hulopoe Bay, a protected Marine Preserve voted #1 beach in America by Dr. Beach. From Lahaina Harbor: Lanai Snorkeling & Dolphin Encounter Aboard Quicksilver, 3. Romantic Sunset Dinner & Dance Cruise! Large luggage (skis, surfboards, non-collapsible wheelchairs, golf bags, etc.) d as well as the two breakfasts they served on the way to the island. If you are interested in taking a Lanai snorkeling tour, be sure to book in advance. You are dropped off at your original departure point. Snorkel off the island of Lana'i and watch dolphins in the wild all in one trip. Book your tour today for whale watching and snorkeling in Maui, Hawaii. Reserve your LANAI DOLPHIN ADVENTURE today! Our return sail is capped off with a dish of locally made ice cream and two adult premium beverages for guests 21+with ID(Beer, Wine, Cocktails), as well as soda, juice, and chilled filtered water. We can't recommend it enough! Maui Snorkeling and Scuba Lanai Nine miles across the Au'au channel from West Maui lies the privately-owned island of Lanai. I asked one of the crewmembers if they had any ginger chews, but he was only able to find ginger pills. The best experience of our Maui vacation! Trilogy is very respectful of wildlife and stayed a good distance away from them. We were able to see a variety of fish and coral during our snorkel. I also heard they have a great team. Lunch is served at the Hale O Manele overlooking Manele Bay. From the Cathedrals at Lanai, the gentle Manta Rays of Westmore, Maui Shore Fishing Guides, LLC is the premier provider of professional, authentic, exciting shore fishing and surf fishing excursions on Maui. Yes, visitors can tour Haleakala National Park on Maui. One of the most unique places you can snorkel on Maui is actually off Maui, on Lana'i! Ultimate Whale Watch & Snorkel Lana'i 4. Parking is available around Lahaina. The return to Lahaina Harbor is 12:00/12:30 PM for a total trip of approximately 4.5 + hours. - I was blown away by the number of spinner dolphins and sea turtles we saw! Maui Snorkeling Molokini Crater and Turtle Town. You'll discover why Lana'i has been rated Taking safety measures Free cancellation from $139.95 per adult Reserve 2. Today, its renowned as being an ocean lovers paradise. There are several lots located off Dickenson Street. Adults $200.00 Children $100.00 BOOK NOW! As stated by other reviews, they do try and upgrade you against your will at times, but that is understandable by a sales perspective. Best Snorkeling in Maui | Molokini vs Lanai, Day Trip by Ferry from Maui to Lanai, Hawaii, Closing Thoughts on Lanai or Molokini for Snorkeling, Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak Paddle Included, Small-Group Molokini Snorkel Buy Tickets at Viator, Lanai Island Dolphin and Snorkel Cruise From Maui Buy Tickets at Viator, Molokini and Turtle Town Snorkeling Adventure Buy Tickets at Viator, Molokini Wild Side: Snorkel and Cruise from Maui Buy Tickets at Viator, Whats The Difference Between Canoes And Kayaks, Ocean Kayak Malibu Two Tandem Sit-on-top Recreational Kayak, Perception Hi Life 11.0 Stand Up Paddle Board Kayak. 5.5-hour tour, return about 11:30 pm Slip 1, 675 Wharf Street, Lahaina, HI 96761 For help call Maui Activities at 808-856-4274 tripadvisor Hall of Fame Member Trilogy Excursions Maui - Discover Molokini Snorkel You can only add up to 10 items in the list. Departs from Lahaina Harbor from the main loading dock by the Lighthouse. * For Vegan, Gluten Free, or Dairy Free meal requests, please contact customerservice upon booking your tour. As you check out the underwater marine world, pop up and marvel at the 91-meter-high red cliffs and caves surrounding you. Pacific Whale Foundation advocates for the use of protective clothing and reef-safe sunscreen to help protect fragile coral reefs and to promote a healthy ocean environment. We are going to Oahu, Maui, and Big Island over the course of 21 days, so I have loved your itinerariesseriously they are a must-have lifeline for planning a trip to Hawaii! Please check details and select a package. [Learn more]. I stocked my pockets with some ginger chews, and also had each of us take some Dramamine. If so, then this is the tour for you! About this activity Free cancellation Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund Reserve now & pay later Wild dolphins are found in bays and offshore, including acrobatic spinner dolphins, friendly bottlenose dolphins, and curious spotted dolphins. They make stops based on where the best conditions are for the . Im thankful for the opportunity to give a little back to your family through the itineraries and tour suggestions. Explore the vibrant underwater world that surrounds Maui. The crew was very friendly and o moreffered a great (optional) intro for us first timers before we got in the water. Reviews on Lanai Snorkel in Maui, HI - Trilogy Excursions, Sea Maui, Alii Nui Sailing Charters, Makai Adventures, Teralani Sailing, Ultimate Whale Watch & Snorkel, PacWhale Eco-Adventures, Maui Snorkel Tours, Ocean Riders, Kai Kanani Sailing A. The lookout has sweeping views of the North Shore coastline, surfers down below, and windsurfers out on the deeper break. 4 From Lahaina: Sunset Prime Rib or Mahi Mahi Dinner Cruise. Both kids also ate their fair share and asked for seconds! Cushioned seating for everyone along the perimeter ensures that everyone gets a front row seat, and our small group tours of 20 of less allow for everyone to be able to participate in discussions and ask questions anytime they want. 5 Maui: Molokini and Turtle Town Snorkel with Deli Lunch. Mahalo for helping us protect the ocean. Life jackets are only required to be worn while swimming. Our high speed eco rafts create a large wake that these guys love to play in. $89.95 Regularly $98. Sanity vessel. AMAZING! Cost Paragon Lanai Picnic Snorkel Sail Rate (PARA2) $240.00 per Adult, $168.00 per Child (3-12), Infants (under 3) FREE (plus 7.5269% Hawaii sales/harbor tax) From the moment you step aboard the catamaran Trilogy for the Discover Lanai Snorkeling Tour the fun begins, and not just because breakfast will be served, comprising Mom Coon's homemade cinnamon rolls, coffee, juice, and seasonal fruit. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I thought she might hurl so they had her sit at the back of the boatand aim there! Sail Maui Lanai Coast Snorkel. An ample amount of food is provided and guests will NOT go hungry breakfast, brunch, and lunch were provided during the 6:30 AM tour. Q. On our 10am departure we provide assorted deli wraps prior to arrival on Lanai island. I received two complimentary tour spots on the Sunrise Deluxe Snorkel after reaching out to Kai Kanani regarding media coverage. Breakfast provided consisted of cinnamon rolls, fruit, and coffee, and juice. Another great feature is our onboard bathroom, which can come in handy in those got-to-go situations. Whats Included:On a 100 percent biodiesel ship, go on a two-tank diving excursion. Need less cardio? Remember your Hawaii reef-safe sunscreen before you head out. Their primary cruise is the morning snorkel but it also does an afternoon snorkel as well. we experienced one of the best days ever on our Trilogy tour to Lanai. - Allison, one of the crew, was so friendly and helpful. The experience was good. On our tour, we had some repeat guests so I think that speaks for itself. Wild dolphins are found in bays and offshore, including acrobatic spinner dolphins, friendly bottlenose dolphins, and curious spotted dolphins. While this isnt a great beach for swimming, the black sand is absolutely stunning, and you can often find Hawaiian green sea turtles hanging out on the sand. $180.00 per Adult, $126.00 per Child , Infants FREE. From large sleek catamarans to fast and fun rafts, glide over the crystal clear Maui waters straight to the island of Lanai. If you dont have your own snorkel gear, no worries! There is some great snorkeling available off the shores of Maui, but if you want a real show under the sea, take a snorkel tour, where you can see pristine coral and nearly untouched, clear water . The Bay offers our guests unparalleled (and uncrowded!) Children of all ages can participate in this activity. Recommended Reading: Solid Paddle Boards For Sale. . Everything really was our favorite. OMG, it was the BEST . Best lanai snorkel near me in Maui, Hawaii. Yanmar diesel engines, two electric heads, covered cabin. 808-661-5550 Book Today! Spend your day pretending to be part of the marine world, snorkeling or diving its crystal ocean. Click here to learn more about SNUBA. Most wave swells come in directions, North, South, East, West. Cannot be used on the same activity on the same date and time as the first activity, or applied to activities that have already been booked. The Lanai Snorkel Tour is a Day Out You Will Never Forget. for availability of SNUBA for this tour. 2001-2023, VELTRA Inc. All Rights Reserved. Whale season on Maui is when Humpback Whales migrate from Alaska to Hawaii to breed, give birth, and enjoy our warm Hawaii winters. Since this was my second Maui trip, and maybe the third or so trip for the husband, I decided to have a more relaxed trip compared to our last Hawaii trip in which I scheduled two sunrise hikes on Oahu! On the return trip, we'll invite you to sit back and relax as we set our sails to head back to Maui. Read Also: Best Snorkeling In Kauai For Beginners. The Trilogy Maui Discover Lanai Tour takes place on the island of Lanai and offers an exciting opportunity to see all that it has to offer. Thankfully neither kid actually threw up and it was more the latter part of the trip there instead of the entire time. 1. Only 22 passengers are on this boat, so you will have . Bring your swimsuit, a towel, sun protection, and a light jacket/cover-up. This picture-perfect cove can be found through a narrow opening in a lava rock wall. Take part in a two-tank trip guided by experienced diving instructors who happen to also be trained biologists/ecologists. The lawsuit said Elizabeth Webster and Alexander Burckle were on their honeymoon when they booked a snorkeling tour with Sail Maui in September 2021. Each staff member was very patient and kind especially with my two kids who appeared to be the youngest on board. To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements. LOL! Lanai is also home to the Hawaiian green sea turtles. The food and staff were fantastic. It's also a popular place for scuba divers, as the area features various underwater attractions such as lava formations and an old shipwreck. Our full Lahaina Guide will show you where to eat, what to do, Lahainas best beaches, and where to stay. The Lanai Explorer Dolphin and Snorkel tour is available DAILY except Sundays check in is at Lahaina Harbor at 7:00am and the tour is from 7:30am to 12:00pm. All 3 generations in our group loved it and would do it again! Relax with a drink and tropical fruits of your choice on board the boat. Molokini crater gets crowded and you will see comparable Hawaiian fish from Mauis shores. The west coast of Maui - including Khei, Lhain, and Ka'anapali - typically enjoys better snorkeling conditions and calmer seas due to its "leeward" position in relation to the trade winds, as well as the protection it receives from offshore islands, like Lna'i and Kaho'olawe. But these spots are probably better for the afternoon as it was still chilly in the morning and they got splashed from underneath! Plus, there are plenty of activities planned throughout the day so everyone will have fun no matter what their interests may be. There was also a short scenic hike to Puu Pehe (Sweetheart) Rock and/or a visit to the large tide pools nearby, an add-on SNUBA upgrade, or just sand and beach time. Sightings of humpback whales are also common from December to April. The best snorkeling spots in Lanai are at Manele Bay, which is accessible for people with limited mobility and an open mind. Well cover the most popular things to do on each of these islands, but there are some themes for the most popular things to do in Hawaii: Area tour companies offer snorkeling on Lanai as well and are familiar with the best spots.
Purdue Athletic Director, Articles B