Fits 6F35 GEN2 2012-on, Universal Toolkit Right now, I'm waiting for ford to offer financial assistance for the repairs. Unsubscribe any time. Before the trip we noticed the trans started shifting really hard at 40-50 mph after it warmed up. ! This, mostly front-wheel Transmission boasts better fuel efficiency while also lowering CO2 emissions. Closed. Please look in the FAQ. This problem mainly affected vehicles equipped with all-wheel-drive manufactured in 2009. If your car is not displaying those symptoms, do not go to the Dealership for an update. The 6F35N is standard equipment for a ton of small engine Ford products and they are starting to hit shops across the country. I am mechanically inclined and do a lot of work on my other vehicles, but brought this in because it's under warranty. Are factory remanufactured transmissions an option for your car? In addition, one will notice the sporty acceleration of their car. These complaints are often the result of wear at the solenoid pressure regulator valve bore. How many miles does yours have? It could help. Also, a drop-in two-piece design PR valve reduces sticking and restores the function and reliability of the pressure regulator system. 0000045847 00000 n I had the same issue with my old Fusion, which used the same 6F35 transmission. This cooler valve is installed in the 2nd generation of the 6F35 transmissions. Anyone know the causes and fix to sometimes hard shifting In 6f35 ford fusion transmission. 2014 Ford Escape SE 4WD in Sunset Orange with the 2.0 Liter Ecoboost Engine & Leather, 2" Front & 1.25" Rear Lift Kit by Phat Matt's Custom Fabrication. Ford Fusion Harsh 5th Gear (Avoiding: Failure Solenoid Differences: Ford 6F35 Gen 1 vs. 2, Serviceability Report: Ford Fusion Hybrid. It does the hard shift between 2-3 gear almost like it cant find it. This kit does not fit GEN2 units. Location. Get 6F35 transmission rebuilding tips, 6F35 troubleshooting help, 6F35 technical service bulletins, 6F35 diagnostics and 6F35 technical information from TRNW. To avoid the reoccurrence of this problem, stop or avoid towing heavy loads. SK 6T40-G3, SHIFT KIT Valve Body Repair Kit Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Our 2010 Escape (now with 31k miles) has the 6F35 transmission. Sure enough the mechanic called and said it started doing the same thing. Answer to: Can a used car for $5,000 be decent from private seller? It seems easy enough in one sense because there's no pan to take off. The clutches looked good, but the lip on the piston was damaged (figure 3). But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. In a 1.5L Eco-Boost, for example, you will find Ford has placed the heat exchanger located on a bracket that is attached to the Transmission. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. I have a 16 fusion 2.5 normally aspirated, 6 speed. If this is a design flaw by the engineers at Ford, there should be a recall and replacement of the transmission. trailer The problem was that 1st gear engagement was too slow and the computer saw the slip. If they send you a survey from your appointment, nail them hard. The only thing an owner can do in a situation like this is to change the transmission fluid. Does anybody know of a more permanent fix? This means it will be the first component in the cooling circuit to be compromised with contaminated fluid. The solution: Replacing the heat exchanger should solve the overheating issue. Hey I took out a quart of transmission fluid today and added a bottle of lucas today car shifted good. Remember, I'm covered until 100k miles, which is 45k miles away. xp]u~Ize_{qabc7$06HfdBR>-&$!2]&JI@Rh3I4@={{v4= Ford 6F35 Transmission Harsh Shifts Automatic Transmission Service Group 5.83K subscribers Subscribe 191 16K views 2 years ago A Ford 6F35 came into the shop with Harsh Shifts. All types of particulates will get trapped within its tightly mesh webbing as seen in the cutaway provided in figure 4. Another common problem is overheating. This 6F35-A SHIFT KIT Valve Body Repair Kit fits 2009 to 2013-1/2 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Mazda vehicles equipped with a GEN1 6F35 automatic transmission. This is a serious problem should be considered a defect worthy of a recall and warrants replacement of the transmission or a fix that will compensate for this engineering flaw in the design of the hydraulic circuit. And as you can see with the 1.5L Eco Boost in figure 1, there are two of these in the cooling circuit: double jeopardy. Explained to me by Service Manager as follows: I've noticed a hard shift from 1st to 2nd when cold as well, but I have had my transmission rebuilt. 32 0 obj <>stream Glenn Troub and ATSG explain what's happening with these temp sensor codes that can apply to ALL transmissions. You may experience some vibration or a shutter in the driveline when you make a tight turn. The 6F35 transmission was developed through the collaboration between Ford and GM. To get to the root of the problem, the transmission control module (TCM) must be tested to ensure that the shift solenoids, pressure switches, and pressure control solenoids are working properly. <<9213FDA0AD858342A686F3A7F6611679>]/Prev 123960>> Slipping, Erratic Shifting, Harsh Forward or Reverse Gear Engagement: Some of the most common 6F50 / 6F35 transmission problems are slipping between gears, erratic up or down shifts, or a. stream I am thinking cost is one of the obvious factors for not properly addressing this problem, there is a lack of educating Ford Car Owners this is not the norm for their cars shifting system, and the flipped response from my Ford Dealer that this is normal for a transmission and nothing they can do???? DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: I asked about any costs and I mentioned that it's still in warranty and I get, "we'll just have to see what's wrong with it.". M-F 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM PST Aside from fluid changes there's nothing much you can do. if youre going the rebuilding route - find a shop that gives a warranty. All rights reserved. Not Replied The condition usually got better after the first couple cold shifts; however, 1>2 and 2>3 were always a little firmer than the rest, even after warm-up. I thought it was due to the quality of the rebuild. After a prolonged drive time, DTC P0752 Pressure Control Solenoid A Stuck On. Notice that the word coolant is in quotation markswe did that to catch your attention. Check YouTube or call around for estimates on service. And in some instances, the mfg already knows the issue. Well, I'm already out. There are absolutely TSB's that fix issues, the problem is that often times (for the biggies) the free dealer supplied solution is insufficient to resolve the root cause. Advise the customer that this vehicle is equipped with an adaptive transmission shift strategy which allows the vehicle's computer to learn the transmission's unique parameters and improve . They pulled the transmission and tore it down to inspect the 1-2-3- 4 clutch. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Ford Dealer transmission technician performed diagnostics again and still nothing found. The 6F35 Transmission is found on a wide range of cars, and the transmission issues generally faced by most drivers are highlighted here. When flushing the cooler circuits, ensure that the cooler bypass valve mentioned earlier is replaced. Mark all read, Topic Icons: . The shifts are definitely still noticeable, because the 6F35 isn't the smoothest transmission to start with, but it's quick, crisp, and solid. This procedure should expertly be done because if wrongly done, the car may experience a 2-3 gear shift flare or a loss in reverse. 2018 Ford Escape SE 1.5L AWD, Shadow Black, factory tow package, SYNC 3 (mine). Does that mean I'm lucky or is mine about to break? Car has been looked at by three different FORD dealer repair shops. Mine does this as well! are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Ford employed innovative technology to make the 6-gear 6F35 transmission system an upgrade of the 4 and 5-gear transmissions. They were forced to recall and extend warranties.. Has to do with fluid drain back and purging air out of the system. This machine acts as a transmission in a car and tests each shift points and solenoids to ensure your product is fully functional. This TransGo 6F35-G2 SHIFT KIT Valve Body Repair Kit fits 2012 and newer Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Mazda vehicles equipped with a GEN2 6F35 automatic transmission. 0000095130 00000 n When I would drive down a hill at the speed limit (55 mph or 45 mph), the vehicle would shift down into a very low gear and it sounded like a tractor-trailer powershifting down. hb```b``a`e` ,@Q83PqJ: B q(f`e`8I11mF 3Zv340vT1Q2 ` ; In addition, this valve will not delaminate and create future bore wear problems like the OE coated valves do. 1137 Haco, Suite 2 Lansing, MI 48912 US. Brought it to two Ford dealers, no problem found !! Didn't even check the fluid level. 3k miles on it. This kit does not fit GEN1 units. Ford is as reliable as it gets! ssm/tsb is OEM speak for, we know a problem exists but it's not a big enough deal for us to fix it under warranty. My transmission starting to slip a little sometimes I was told putting in lucas would just end up making it cost more to rebuild cause it gums it up hasanyone tried bars leak dual action transmission fix? l`m&mLP(" s?(h! If this is a defect (which is what I think) because the fluid circuit hole is no longer stopping at correct high position in the transmission and allowing fluid to partially drain, this should be a recall to fix the problem or replace the transmission. Update from Jun 15, 2019: Continued: The fluid quickly deteriorates due to it not being cooled correctly, which will lead to shifting issues and eventual transmission failure. %%EOF . Not sure lol. Ford delivered a sustainable, adaptive, and reliable transmission system by employing advanced technology and materials. This kit does not fit GEN1 units. A ***** in the other sense because you can't change the filter and to check the fluid, you have to take a wheel off. 0000004088 00000 n 0000046508 00000 n And of course with rebuilt transmissions they're only good as the people who rebuild them in a lot of guys don't know what the hell they're doing a lot of times it's better to get another vehicle, Can't afford it too much negative equity in this one scotty. Most importantly it doesn't try to launch me into space when it shifts into 3rd. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. Mine did the same thing. Technician had me drive him around the block. The two-piece design valve outperforms the single piece valve in all operating environments. In addition, this valve will not delaminate and create future bore wear problems like the OE coated valves do.
Oats On Candida Diet, Rotoworld Nfl Depth Charts, University Of Dallas Athletic Director, Articles OTHER