It's going to be hard to beat RL-17 for the 270 wsm. .300 WSM 150 Speer Grand Slam, 165 Nosler Partition Nothing on the .270 Win, .270 WSM or .30-06 Tom Reply. Dianna Muller earned a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice/Psychology from University of Central Missouri and retired from the Tulsa Police Department after 22 years of service. I sure wish there were some loads (even reduced performance loads) using 50bmg powder. He was trained as an armorer in the US Army, where he spent six years as a Military Police Investigator. In fact start with charges that are 5-10% lower and watch for pressure signs. Is there really all that much difference in velocity and hitting power? Thanks for the offers, you are right, powder supplies are definitely starting to ease up. This website uses cookies to ensure the best experience possible. Likely it . 7 mm WSM. Out of Stock. 2010 Mule Deer Hunt Last Day Busted G2 Buck with X-Bolt 270 WSM. Dimensions of the case are pretty much the same, main difference being the neck which was modified to accept smaller .277 inch diameter bullet. Anyone load any 270WSM with the Hornady superformance powder? Was wondering if I could take the 300wsm info and scale it down based on H20 capacity vs recommended load? 270WSM Superformance Powder . Using bullets from Hornady SST or BTSP, Hornady ELD-X. Growing up, Brian spent very little time indoors, with his passions being split between baseball and spending time in either the river, the desert, or the mountains. I have always used Hodgdon due to the temperature consistencies with their extruded powders. Con: .270 projectile options suck compared to the 6.5's and 7's on either side of it. I would call Hodgdon and ask. Anyone load any 270WSM with the Hornady superformance powder? Two 8400's in 270 and 300 WSM and a 84M Varmint in 22-250. .270 WSM.270 Winchester.270 Weatherby Magnum. Chad is also the Director of Advertising & Media Relations for CVA Muzzleloaders, PowerBelt Bullets, Bergara USA, DuraSight Rings and Bases, Quake Industries and Konus Optics. He took his first turkey and mule deer at age 6 and his first bull elk at age 9. The C.I.P. Just be aware that Superformance is a bit more temp sensitive than ADI stuff. He also placed second in the World Elk Calling competition. /wp-content/uploads/2016/08/HODGDON_LOGO_DARK.png, https://hodgdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SUPER_1LB.jpg. SO, anybody loaded the 270 WSM with Superformance yet? We are engineers, reloading enthusiasts and operate one of the most powerful ballistics calculators. Zach, a resident of McCook, Nebraska, started shooting trap and hunting when he was 10. Technical Specifications (based on the respective safety standard - see more details in tab "Datasheet" if available) Caliber: .270 WSM. Address: xxl-reloading.com, Gartenweg 9, 83661 Lenggries, Germany. There's likely a reason for no data for 270 wsm but they will know. Be sure to follow case length and overall length recommendations for the cartridge/bullet combination. We manufacture Partition, AccuBond, E-Tip, Ballistic Tip, Custom Competition and much more. Pros: Efficient and flat shooting cartridge with bullet weights that aren't terrible on the shoulder. I guess the online reloading center is more efficient anyway and the data there is the same as in the magazine but I liked to keep them handy for reference and occasionally use them to talk myself into a new caliber ruling from my throne. increments, watching closely for preasure signs. could you provide data please? Several component suppliers also provide load recipes that . Bottom line, Superformance achieves superb velocities in the .270 Win that are very close to those seen in .270 WSM Barnes Vortex ammo. JavaScript is disabled. Does Hodgdon list the pressure for that load? Copyright 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. . Rl 22 is an excellent powder but it is a coarse stick powder that works well for lead bullets which are shorter than the Barnes bullets of the same weight. If you can find some sort of reference to your .270,go for it. The Hodgdon shop is closed until 2 January so I am stuck for now. In Brians first full season, he achieved several top ten finishes, two regional match wins, and a 20thplace overall finish in the National Rifle League. Is neck turning a waste of time and effort? 270 Spitzer BTSP 270 Spitzer SP Hot-Cor 270 Grand Slam SP Weight (grains) 130 Ballistic Coefficient 0.412 0.383 0.332 Sectional Density 0.242 COAL Tested 2.700" 2.670" Speer Part No. If I could use the 4 pounds of powder I bought for both calibers that would certainly be a plus, especially with the scarcity of powder around here. . It was introduced to the public market in 1923 with focus on hunting community. My kids,hunting with family and reloading, Big game hunting, varmint hunting, upland hunting, ballistics, medicine, Hunting, Long Range Shooting, Fly Fishing, ATV Rock Crawling, Photography, Hunting, Camping, Hunting, Hiking, Hunting, Football. Have not chronographed this load yet. That's only my experience. Do not trust my numbers. In 1999, George opened GA Precision after apprenticing with three gunsmiths. If I ever want to shoot a really flat load then I would likely shoot 130grain bullets with a different powder. Sierra lists 5 other powders that you can squeeze another 100 F.P.S at maximum charges. Both in a Tikka T3 LS rifle with Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 and VX3 4.5-14x40 scopes with BC reticles. An avid shooter and outdoorsman, George takes pride in the quality custom rifles that G.A. Remember that in hot weather chamber pressures will likely be higher than in cold weather. At 400 yards the .270 WSM has 4 inches less drop while at 300 both shoot flat enough to for a dead-on hold when sighted in 3 inches high at 100 yards. 7mm PRC Precision Rifle Cartridge. Messages. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Electronics. After graduating college, Ryan moved to Tulsa, OK to take a position as a plastics engineer and in 2011 began shooting 3-Gun competitively. If you use the Barnes bullets remember they . For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. I still can't believe the velocity my 270 win gets with Superformance, I have chrono the load a couple of times and they still run at around the 3130 fps. 1458 1459 1465 Propellant Case Primer Weight (grains) Muzzle Velocity (feet/sec) Weight (grains) Alliant Reloder 26 Federal Federal 215 61.5 2928 68.1 270 Winchester 140 Grain (SST) Super Shock Tipped Superformance 20 Rounds. .270 Winchester (Hodgdon Rifle Data) reloading data with 146 loads. Rifle Data. 7 x 57. Phillip has attended all follow-on formal Scout Sniper courses, having graduated with honors and recognized as High Shooter from all. Because there is no increase in pressure, regardless of the caliber, there is no increase in felt recoil but there IS an increase in efficiency and high speed performance. Test notes: Both rifles were shot off lead sleds, on a . The Hornady Superformance loads I chronographed averaged 3,070 fps. Pistol. I have found tons of data for the 300 WSM and Superformance but none for the 270 WSM. He harvested his first turkey and whitetail deer at age 5 and completed his turkey grand slam by age 11. #3. Hydration Packs. Through shooting, Zach has met many people in the shooting community. In just five years, he has earned an impressive shooting resume with consistent top finishes at national level events. Great care has been given by Hornady engineers to develop superior, match-accurate hunting loads that allow the ELD-X bullet to achieve its maximum . All I really have for data is the advertising but Hodgdon has touted their Extreme powders for years as the most temperature tolerant of all powders averaging less than 5-10 fps difference in temps from 0 - 125 degrees. A typical 30-06 rifle should throw a 165-grain (just about the optimum weight for this round) about 2,850 fps from a 24-inch barrel. Baseball won over for a time when it took him to Gonzaga University on scholarship as a pitcher for the Bulldogs. Yep, those Hodgdon manuals sold me a 7mm-08 Rem, a 280 Rem, 270 WSM, 300 WSM, 243 WSSM (hated that one) a 22-250 Rem over the years and probably could have talked me into a new 325 WSM if they had published a new one. A significant exception is Hornady's Superformance ammo. magazines and reloading components. Because this propellant is tailored for specific applications, the number of cartridges and bullets is limited, but where it works, it really works! Varget and H-4350 are the go to but since Ive been running some IMR Enduron powders that seem to work very good as well. Extraction and primer flattening did not differ between factory and the reloads. As parent case of .270 Win was chosen famous war proven .30-06 Springfield . I dont plan on stopping anytime soon and this year is scheduled to be as busy as any while shooting 4 different series. All of them are asking their parents for shotshell presses now. You can find Ryan on Shooting Gallery on The Outdoor Channel, and Realtree.com. 7 mm Weatherby Magnum. He retired from the North Kansas City Police Department after tours through Patrol Division and the K-9 Narcotics Unit, with additional duties as the Department Armorer, SRT Unit Sniper, and Range Officer/Instructor. Sponsored by many of the hunting industries leading manufacturers, he has conducted over a thousand hunting and fishing seminars across the United States and has hunted and fished extensively around the world. That is one of the few that are easy to get. Publisher cannot be responsible for errors in published load data. You find load data for cartridges in caliber .270 WSM with all common powders and bullets by clicking the "Loads in this cal. 17 Caliber / .172" Diameter. Subscribe to the free newsletter and do not miss any news or promotions. Posts: 14,668. My calculations indicate recoil in similar weight rifles at 18.5 ft/lbs for the 270 WSM and 15.75 ft/lb for the .270 Winchester when both are loaded to top speeds with a 130gn bullet. where did you get it at? Sporting Shooter magazine is for those who love the outdoors and the thrill of the hunt. I have superformance powder loading for 270 win. He has been Sporting Shooter's Gun Editor for longer than anyone can remember. I plan to shoot 140 grain Accubonds because I have a huge stash but if not I can also load up some 130gr SST's. Q: How does the .270 Winchester stack up against the .270 WSM? Although this experimenting is fun, one does it at his/her own risk. Later, he started a granite countertop business allows him the time to pursue his passion for long-range shooting and high-country public land mule deer and elk hunting. Started out at 57 grains and worked up from there. To achieve this, all such firearms are first proof tested at C.I.P. Case head expansion was compared to Federal factory 140 grain load and in both instances increased by 0.001 in. I just received the 2012 reloading magazine from Hogden and as you said the Superformance is shown to be the next slower to H4831 and falls between H4831 and Win 780. Please help us to improve and report any suggestions via our contact form. Superformance is listed as slower burning than H4831. Sporting Accessories. Information about the .270 WSM cartridge from Guns and Shooting Online. Those speeds that you mention can easily be topped by RL 17. Garth Miller. I am trying to create a load for using the 140gr Hornady SST bullet. In the 330 Dakota for a 225 grain TTSX bullet, Hodgdon lists 84 grains of H4831. Superformance doesn't give the same results for every cartridge. All I really have for data is the advertising but Hodgdon has touted their Extreme powders for years as the most temperature tolerant of all powders averaging less than 5-10 fps difference in temps from 0 - 125 degrees.
Harrison Daily Times Obituaries, The Moral Tone Of An Organization Is Set By, Articles OTHER