JavaScript is disabled. It carried a special short chamber and, by the direction of Satterlee himself, I was told I could increase my power charge by two grains as the barrel is designed to take some added pressure. The 22 Creedmoor is basically a factory-developed wildcat round by Hornady. In particular, their 77 Gr SMK, 80 Gr SMK, 90 Gr SMK, and 95 Gr SMK are great. Soon after that there was a soft but distinct snapping sound in the dead still morning air of a suppressed shot. In our opinion, the easiest way to avoid this problem is by not exceeding the established safe velocities we have listed above. Also, the faster you push the bullets, in general, the shorter your barrel life will be. Rifle: As the .22 Creedmoor has grown in popularity, so has the number of companies that produce components and rifles designed for, and chambered in, the new caliber. Peterson Cartridge is committed to supporting its customers. Velocity was pretty good with rl 26 at around 3100, but I'm getting 3000 with 4350 with low es and way more consistent groups. That way, the only difference between the two sets of 5 rounds was the type of primer used. So does having a higher FPS help when it comes to semi auto pistols and rifles? We expect Hornady and possibly Federal might also produce loaded ammo in the near future. Is the KEL TEC SUB-2000 California legal. I don't have my book with me at work. . I figured if i can find the right COAL while breaking in the barrel it would be a plus. But . In doing that, regardless of what bullet and powder one chooses, if you have access to a chronograph and a powder burn rate chart, you will be able to estimate a safe maximum pressure load for your rifle chambered in .22 Creedmoor. CLICK HERE to read full GunsAmerica 22 Creedmoor test report. It smashes coyotes, and smashes them hard. Federal GM-215M Primers. Big magnums it's my go to powder. Necking down is a simple one-step operation with a neck-sizing or full-length sizing die. LEARN MORE about the 22 Creedmoor The 6.5 Creedmoor is now one of the most popular cartridges chambered in factory rifles. At the time of this writing, the .22 Creedmoor is still considered a wildcat cartridge since it has not yet been formally adopted by the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute (SAAMI). I find there are less FTF's and FTE's when I use at least 1255 FPS. 22, 6mm and 2 6.5s. John Whidden produces some of the most precise and well-built custom reloading dies you can purchase. Pet Loads and Handloader are registered trademarks of Wolfe Publishing Company. Many of the loads listed here were established by extrapolating .250 AI loads, with Rob Behr (formally of Western Powders) and the guys at Capstone Precision (Lapua/Berger/Vihtavuori) also running some QuickLoad software for me. Please check out their article on the .22 Creedmoor here https://www.primalrights.com/library/cartridge-guides/22-creedmoor, and you can check out their website here http://www.primalrights.com/. The bullet carries a ballistic coefficient of .444 and stays very active well beyond 1,000 yards. Although the CZ 550 I converted had a detachable box magazine (which are hard to find), I was able to still set the bullet depth at2.095 to the lands, then back-off at 50 thousandths and have them chamber with no issues. The 22 Creedmoor will come standard with a 1-in-7-inch fast-twist barrel, and combined with the increased volume inside its case, you can push those long pills over at 3,450 feet per second! I have shot the swift for many years. Those loads also used the 80-grain Berger VLDs and are somewhat of a copy of Smiths handload. The bullet weight of Remington Golden Bullet Ammunition is 36 grains; therefore its bullet weight is .08 ounces. Hornady offers the bullets, cases and dies. That is pure energy being released into the chuck when the bullet hit (1237 foot pounds of energy). Higher FPS and/or a heavier projectile will make more force and give beter results. With the idea of staying with heavy bullets of 70 to 88 grains or even more, the 1:7-inch twist rate is a natural regardless of weather, altitude or other related conditions that change bullet performance and seems like a reasonable approach to the new round. I have been thinking about rebarraling it to a 6 or 6.5 creedmoor to make a long range varmenter. This is the first time Ive enjoyed the luxury of handpicking every component during a custom-rifle build, and Hegstrom is a true master. With a rifling twist rate of 1:7, bullets up to 85/90 grains become viable in my .22 CM. At that moment, I knew this combo would work for my varmint hunting needs! Again, these loads are just designed to give shooters information regarding what velocity a bullet and powder charge combination will produce given the SAAMI Maximum Average Pressure (MAP) of 62,000 psi. I am good friends with a local rancher who grows crops and runs cattle in Idaho. Having a slightly heavier bullet, while still keeping the ballistic advantage of a light bullet out to 500 yards, was the real sweet spot for anyone looking at the .22 Nosler, .224 Valkyrie and the .22 Creedmoor. Cache Carlson I didn't have enough room in my case to get what I wanted out of it as far as accuracy and low sd/es. The charge is low and i expect to end up in the 42-43gr range but its new brass and a new barrel so trying to find a charge weight and FPS wouldn't help right now. The Bullet Ballistic Coefficient for CCI Stinger Ammo is .084 compared to the BC of the Remington Golden Bullet of .125. As built by LRI,Long Rifles, Inc.out of Sturgis, S.D., the rifle is a turn-bolt tack driver set up very much like most upper grade long range rifles we see as custom-built field tools. Smith also made use of a factory load offered byCopper Creek Cartridge. . Warne 30mm Rings, Suppressor: So, it wasnt until the 6mm incarnation appeared that the Creedmoor name entered my orbit. J Jfal Professional Hunting central South Dakota with my guides and mate Jim Smith and crew, a prime example of a 22 Creedmoor was taken afield after a summer of commutative target shooting indicated that the rifle was a sub-one half MOA shooter clearly capable of reaching out into the next zip code when sending bullets at song dogs that roamed the wide rolling prairies and deep cuts along the river bottoms. if you want more speed I'd go either ai or cm depending on how you feel about the above "benefits" energy at a recoil velocity of 12 fps. This data sheet will cover the .22 Creedmoor. Only one of nine A-Tip loads printed groups larger than an inch, with one right at an inch. The F4 Defense website is https://www.f4defense.com. 22 Creedmoor Load Data Since its' inception, in 2007 by Hornady, the 6.5 Creedmoor has seen some pretty meteoric growth in popularity. Mike Barton If you have any other specific questions just let me know. Learn how your comment data is processed. Im going to find a CZ Model 550 and do a .22 Creedmoor build with it as the donor rifle. Although we were able to gather pressure and velocity data in our lab, we have not tested these loads for accuracy. At the kill site, Smith found a stone-dead male coyote shot straight through the head. This was the first bullet I shot through this fresh barrel. Copper Creek also offers load development packs with either Alpha or Hornady brass. __dcid.push({"cid":"DigiCertClickID_nrxaWyMP","tag":"nrxaWyMP"}); Matt Smith, Photography & Videography: Since the .22 Creedmoor is not a typical magnum cartridge, we thought it would be helpful to explain why we chose to use large rifle magnum primers instead of standard large rifle primers. Reloaded Ammunition Component Breakdown: accuracy or consistent velocity, but are just reference points for you to use when working up your own loads. I'd say try your 4831sc or pick up some h4350. It may not display this or other websites correctly. We found him piled up in nook around 12 yards away. The 22 Creedmoor's' standard is a 1-in-7/1-8-inch fast-twist barrel, combined with the increased case volume to push long and heavy .22 bullets at over at 3,450 feet per second. FPS and bullet weight (grains) work together to create the rearward force that drive the weapon's cycling. The R17 gave me everything I was looking for and availability at the time was not an issue. Our full custom builds typically average between $4,500-$5,000. Loren Lunsford Along with more than 25 other calibers, Peterson Cartridge now offers casings in 6.5 Creedmoor, 6 Creedmoor, .25 Creedmoor, and .22 Creedmoor. It has been reported that when standard lead-core, copper-jacketed bullets are used in the .22 Creedmoor, should the bullets be pushed at too fast a velocity, they might disintegrate in the air before they reach the target. With the push for small caliber rifles to shoot heavier bullets, I realized that those shooters had the right idea, but were pushing bullets that were much too heavy for the average varmint hunter. It shoot similar to my new 22 CM. var _gaq = _gaq || []; One of my closest friends has a custom rifle chambered in 6.5x280AI (yes, a wildcat of a wildcat - he's a velocity fein). Case capacity very similar to 22-250 AI. Find out more about how this website uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience. Everyone was shooting full suppressors so we could visually track the bullets in flight down range through our scopes. When varmint hunting, small caliber bullets going extremely fast, most always results in quick, clean, kills and DRT animals. The 22 Creedmoor is basically a factory-developed wildcat round by Hornady. This is a great thread! |, Incoming Robin Hood Video: Archer James Jeans Most Dangerous Trick Shot, Video: Hunting Winter Coyotes With a Longbow, Headrest Safe From the Headrest Safe Company, Python Hunter Catches 28 in Florida Python Challenge. Not sure on barrel life. 100% of them were killed with this CZ Model 550 .22 Creedmoor build. Hegstrom prepared the blank, producing a 26-inch finished length with muzzle threads to accept a suppressor, included a recoil lug and trued the action and bolt head. The Creedmoor gets its longrange performance reputation from a combination of 140- to 143-grain, high B.C. You must log in or register to reply here. The bullet weight of CCI Stinger Ammunition is 32 grains; therefore its bullet weight is .07 ounces. It's all about looking at speed and BC together. We chose the magnum primers to reflect the typical powders used when handloading the .22 Creedmoor. 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; Referencing QuickLoad data for Bergers 85.5-grain Long Range Hybrid Target bullet (supplied by friends at Capstone Precision), comparing Alliant Reloder 26, Norma MRP and Vihtavuori N560 velocities to what Ive produced in the real world, Ive easily matched projected maximum velocities. 6.5 Creedmoor Ballistics Chart. Overall, none gave me the accuracy, velocity and lower pressures I was looking for. Now you try comparing the CCI 22 lr ballistics with the Winchester 22 lr ballistics and let me know what you discover. Keep in mind these results are only for this particular load. To help our customers, and anyone else who shoots .22 Creedmoor, we decided to create this Data Sheet and distribute it. Magnum primers increased our velocity, on average, by 25 fps, #2. My 22creed is one of them. While there are variations in the level of bullet performance depending on elevation and other related atmospheric conditions, the bottom line is this new cartridge is in the class of very fast movers down range. I chose a completely random load of 41 grains of Vihtavuori N560 beneath this bullet. Loaded ammunition is available with bullets in the 70-75 range leaving 24 barrels at velocities around 3400+ fps, a bit more conservative than personal hand-loading, but still making it a very flat shooting, low recoiling round delivering impressive results., Jeff says the 22 Creedmoor will also work for PRS with heavier bullets: I built the 22 CM to be a dual-purpose gun, or actually a 3-purpose gun. (function() { For reference, note that, after we gathered all of our test data, we searched popular internet forums to gather information about loads that shooters were currently using in their .22 Creedmoor rifles. For example, shooting the 22 Creedmoor with a moderate handload and Hornadys 75-grain ELD, the bullet leaves the pipe at 3,200 fps and that is not on the hot side for this cartridge. I ran this brass through Hornadys Custom Grade full-length dies, uniformed necks on my old Lyman Universal trimmer and chamfered each mouth on Hornadys Lock-N-Load Case-Prep Trio. Now theres a new Creedmoor kid on the block, the 22 Creedmoor. So, there's a plethora of good . I wanted to stay in the 75- 80 range since I will only use that rifle for coyote hunting and casual steel shooting inside of 1,000. More research brought me to Reloder 17 powder. var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; The bullet demonstrated excellent expansion. As the trigger breaks, targets explode (observed against prairie dogs under ballistics testing as applied to his article). JavaScript is disabled. 40-42grs will probably be your sweet spot. Hornadys A-Tip Match is a long-range optimized design with a milled aluminum tip sharper than polymer designs. While this certainly can be used for PRS and tactical competition, the 22 Creedmoor seems to be ideally suited as a high velocity varmint round something to replace the 22-250. You may notice that we used large rifle magnum primers for this testing. Hegstrom skim bedded the recoil-lug area (The stock included a precise aluminum bedding block and didnt require full-blown glass bedding. To help our customers, and anyone else who shoots .22 Creedmoor, we decided to create and distribute this data sheet. 22 LR Ballistics Coefficient (BC): The ballistic coefficient of a bullet is the drag factor of a bullet. The advent of the 6mm Creedmoor immediately had folks necking the hornady 6mm down to 22 cal and upon doing so found virtually the perfect case capacity for heavy weight .224 bullets. Eld-x & m's shoot good in most but some guns hate them. Anything in the 100 to 300 yard range has become a chip-shot, with my success rate being at least 90%. This rockchuck was huge and obviously spent his life gorging on the pasture grass where the ranchers cows grazed. As with any new wildcat cartridge, its difficult to determine where actual maximum loads lay without the benefit of pressure equipment, or at least factory ammunition to use as a baseline for measured case expansion. Also, both the magnum and standard primers were of the same brand (Federal). I expect vel. Lets compare the CCI 22LR Stinger Ballistics to the Remington Golden Bullet 22LR Ballistics! Up until now, that has not happened with the .22 Creedmoor. The 22 CM drops below that 800 ft-lb threshold at between 600 to 775 yards depending on the bullet and velocity of Copper Creek's different offerings. I am just kind of getting in to "long" range. The first was for the coyotes and varmints previously mentioned. Jake Dempsey New Hunter Experience Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. The Sierra website is https://www.sierrabullets.com/, and you can find their products wherever you currently shop for reloading supplies. New casings were used for both tests. Using 43 grains of VV-N560 produced a .58-inch group at 3,295 fps. This new cartridge is just a step away from a wildcat round. This is where I'd start. I have not grouped past 1,000 with that rifle yet though. The gun is going to wear a 24 inch 1-7 twist criterion barrel. David Hillis These cartridges include (from left) the .22-250 Remington, .22 Creedmoor and .22-250 Ackley Improved. Only users with topic management privileges can see it. There was a slight feeding issue, caused by the slightly less taper in the case, not allowing the cartridge to load properly with the control-feed action. It is ready for varmints or predators, dealing with windy conditions or even pursuing pronghorn to deer-sized big game. Since its inception in 2007, the 6.5 Creedmoordeveloped by Hornadyhas seen meteoric growth in its popularity. Hey guys, I'm brand new to Gunhive and I came by references to the 22 Creedmoor. KEL-TEC SUB-2000 Grip Frame Options & Magazine Options Explained, KEL-TEC Installation Service for M*CARBO Parts, Trajectory Chart 17 HMR, 17 HM2, 22 LR, 22 WMR. CZ Model 550 American $550 At our 22 Creedmoor muzzle velocity of 3550fps the Hornady 75gr ELD-M bullets produces around 2099 ft.lbs of energy, taking it close to medium 6mm bullets or light 308 Winchester rounds. It weighs 13.36 pounds with a Trijicon 4.5-30x 56mm AccuPower scope installed in 34mm Precision Hardcore Ranger Rings on a 20 MOA Tru Level Picatinny rail by the same maker. Again, every bit of energy from the bullet was released on impact. This is a distinct step up in performance. Eric Mayer, Overviews/Technical/Guns/Reloading: Subscribe and Read More Also, please try our new extremely accurate loaded ammunition, which is available at https://www.grafs.com/. Hornady offers the bullets, cases and dies. We have also found that frequent rifle cleaning, to remove carbon fouling, can help prevent bullet disintegration. Comments on this site are submitted by users and are not endorsed by nor do they reflect the views or opinions of COLE Publishing, Inc. All at once there was the crack of a fast-moving bullet almost crossing straight down the draw we were covering. The number is in the form of a decimal. With the help of our other Varminter brother, David H., we developed a load in QuickLoad that I used to create the first loads for accuracy testing. Barnes Vor-TX TTSX 6.5 Creedmoor Velocity Out of a Nosler Model 21 rifle that has a 22-inch Shilen barrel, this load had an average muzzle velocity of 2776 fps, with a standard velocity. Red Need assistance? With the below loads, we did have to shorten the COAL of the round slightly to fit into our universal receiver. To improve your firearm performance look at the MCARBO Firearm Performance Accessories. (a mix between hornady 22 creedmoor and gunwerks 22 creedmoor) All brass has been sized to 1.910" Primers- CCI Br-2 (LRP) All bullets have been seated .005 . A 22 Creedmoor for deer will work as well as any 6mm or 6.5mm caliber, and sometimes even beter out at longer distances. Will Chambers Reviewer Jeff Cramblit built a 22 Creedmoor rifle and tested it with a variety of bullet weights. I wouldn't recommend h1000. The accuracy and ballistics make it a highly versatile rifle on all of the varmints I come across, or call in (coyotes). Looking at what was available at the time, I decided to work with one of my favorite bullets, the Sierra 64 grain Tipped Game King. Remington's "Deadliest Mushroom" comes with improved accuracy, flatter trajectory, and enhanced terminal ballistics with the new Big Green polymer tip. This .39-inch, five-shot 100-yard group resulted from 41 grains of IMR-4955 Enduron powder beneath a Hornady 80-grain ELD Match bullet. The powder seemed to build up pressure for no apparent reason. In addition to our data sheet, we have included a few of these loads, complete with their associated pressures and velocities, below. The 22 Creedmoor is quickly establishing itself as the go-to big 22cal. BTHP 80289 2960 2697 2449 2215 1993 1786 1323 1098 906 741 600 482 -1 517 0-7 -22 -454 M 223 Rem 73 gr. And what could you expect barrel life to be? My partner, Terry Fauth, the game keeper in the area for an outfit that raises ringneck roosters among other things, and I set up to cover about 500 yards of the shallow valley floor. One of the benefits of a cartridge being standardized by SAAMI is that manufacturers who publish loading manuals will begin publishing load data for the new cartridge. Lapua brass has outstanding consistency and durability. This bullet has a proven track record of accuracy and of shedding its energy on thin-skinned varmints. You are using an out of date browser. RSCAR. This yields high velocities that provide explosive impacts on small varmints. However, we could not directly test this theory, since, at this time, we do not possess the requisite equipment. I did try h4350 in a ladder test and it seemed to have promising results. The 105-115 gr bullets they favor make it easier to see their impacts at long range. (function(){var cid=document.createElement("script");cid.async=true;cid.src="//seal.digicert.com/seals/cascade/seal.min.js";var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script");var ls = s[(s.length - 1)];ls.parentNode.insertBefore(cid, ls.nextSibling);}()); 5601 116th Ave N My reasons for this recommendation are numerous, but the results in pictures and on the video(s) released, solidify my reason for making this suggestion. Similarly, this increase in velocity could have caused the SD and ES to increase. I have personally witnessed the affectionately called, .22 Killmore, take close to 50 rockchucks and numerous other varmints. I started with 77-grain bullets and went to 90, where I entered ballistic-coefficients normally found in heavier 6mm bullets. In addition to producing some of the lightest AR10s in the world, F4 Defense is the only company in the gas gun industry that has a SUB-1/2MOA accuracy guarantee. The target was moving away at an angle, and the bullets were now angling toward the air space we were covering. Ranging back to me at the calling stand, the range finder returned 1,017 yards. Running a fast twist barrel, the 22 Creed will stabilize heavier bullets at very fast speeds. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. There are 437.5 grains in one ounce. The muzzle velocity of the CCI Stinger Ammo is 1,640 fps compared to the 1,280 fps of the Remington Golden Bullet 36 gr. Hornadys taking a long range shot at outgunning the .22 Swift. We increased the head hardness to tolerate higher pressures. Reloading- What pressure signs do you stop at. Nothing lived after being hit with the 64 grain TGK out of my Killmore! Generally the heavier and faster the bullet the more damage it will do to the intended target. For our testing, we did not have a second universal receiver barrel with an identical twist rate to match that of the rifle with which we conducted our testing. This cartridge is not much different than the 85 year old 220 swift. Reloder 16 printed a .54-inch group at only 2,821 fps with 35.5 grains of powder and .64 inch with an added grain of powder at 2,910 fps (12-fps extreme velocity spread). Increasing that charge to 42 grains resulted in 3,443 fps, but a larger .66-inch group with a slightly lower extreme velocity spread. Patricks .22 Creedmoor, built by Dale Hegstrom of Little Crow Gunworks, includes a MAGPUL magazine well kit to hold a 10-round detachable magazine. Hi, Michael. This GunsAmerica photo shows, L to R, 90gr Sierra MK, Hornady 88gr, 80gr, and 75gr .224 caliber bullets. However, the faster you push the bullets, the higher likelihood you will experience a problem with your bullets disintegrating in flight. Building a fast-twist Swift (Rifles Varmint Rifles & Cartridges, Fall 2019) included a long action and gunsmith involvement, and the .22-250 AI isnt exactly mainstream. Sierras 77-grain Tipped MatchKing (.420 BC) is a design Ive come to depend on for long-range varmint shooting. As you can see in the video, the bullet impact launched the rockchuck about 20 feet into the air. All of the following data was gathered by our ballistician in our indoor ballistics lab located in our factory in Pennsylvania. According to Derek Peterson, President of Peterson Cartridge, We decided to build the tooling to make our .22 Creedmoor brass in response to the uptick in long-distance predator and varmint hunting. My stock should be in next week then i'll give them a go and i can let you know. Gemtech One Suppressor If you look at the 22lr ballistics table above you will see how the muzzle velocity of 22lr diminishes at 100 yards and 200 yards. The other that stands out, is at 6:32 in the video. He concluded it worked best as a varminter, but could also do PRS duty, provided it is loaded under the 3200 fps velocity limit common in PRS matches. Horizon Firearms is also a retailer of Peterson Cartridge .22 Creedmoor casings, their own brand of .22 Creedmoor loaded ammunition, and Whidden reloading dies for the .22 Creedmoor. Each of the below loads are over pressure. Mine has 1/10 twist and works well with 4451 powder and 55-60 gr. The Timney Trigger was adjusted to break at a crisp 1.53 pounds. On the fresh snow, it was easy to observe them zig zagging along, but always heading at an angle toward Smiths call. The second was for shooting PRS (Precision Rifle Series) style matches on occasion, and the third was for hunting deer-sized game. Most of the shots on video are self-explanatory, but some stood-out and deserve a short synapsis. Hodgdon H-4350 was touted as an early .22 CM favorite, but it managed only .52 inch with its best load; 37.5 grains at 3,087 fps. Move up two more grains or powder, the velocity steps up to 3,400 fps and downrange it tends to fight wind like very few other bullets. You must log in or register to reply here. Will Chambers Full house loads in 7-pound rifles recoil with about 15.7 ft.-lbs. Some hunters make good use of it for deer hunting via pinpoint shot . ELD Match 80269 2790 2564 2349 2144 1950 1764 1262 1066 . Bryan Joey Fielder When I heard the first rumblings of a .22 Creedmoor, my first thoughts were of gross overbore and short barrel life, but I was also envisioning 55-grain bullets pushed to 4,000-plus fps. As a rule the faster the muzzle velocity the shorter the bullets time in flight and there for a flatter trajectory and less drop. At the time of this writing, there isnt a factory rifle in the new hot rod super .22, but hang on as I believe that is just around the corner. Through-out 2020, the .22 Creedmoor racked up dozens of kills, from rockchucks to coyotes. ALL Bulletin content is copyrighted, 2023 AccurateShooter.com. I also loaded some 95 smks with H4831sc and H1000. Clear accuracy/velocity winners included Alliant Reloder 23 and 26, Vihtavuori N560, N565 and IMR-4955. My first kill was in a rocky area out in the desert near an alfalfa farm, where the farmer was having issues with the rockchucks coming in and eating/digging up his chip potato field. . You get 22-250 class velocities with a more modern cartridge design, and high-quality brass. Besides having created a ton of helpful articles on reloading, and shooting in general, Primal Rights also produces and sells some advanced reloading equipment and rifle parts. going from a 1 in 7 to a 1 in 8 twist) will reduce the pressure that the casing experiences during firing. This hot rod of a .22-caliber barn burner is a tough nut to crack in terms of exactly what is the best barrel twist to use and where shooter requirements stand in the realm of bullet weights and design. I have a Remington VSSF chambered in 220 Swift that I am not impressed with the accuracy with (it's about 3/4) MOA, so not terrible but not real impressive either. 22 LR Muzzle Velocity: 22 long rifle muzzle velocity is the speed with which a bullet leaves the barrel measured in feet per second (FPS). One way we support our customers is by producing the high-quality casings they have come to expect from us. So, we took the time to do a little testing to show the difference using a magnum primer can make compared to a standard primer when shooting .22 Creedmoor. bare muzzle). the .221 Fireball, the 22 Creedmoor, the .22 PPC, the .222 Remington Magnum, the .223 WSSM, the .224 Valkyrie, and the .224 Weatherby Magnum. Vihtavuoris N565 didnt produce a noteworthy group until it hit maximum, with 45 grains printing .46 inch at 3,257 with a 38-fps extreme velocity spread. Please check out his website at https://www.whiddengunworks.com/. This is important when you create your own rounds, but even more so with wildcat cartridges, like the .22 Creedmoor. The Kimber Open Country rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor wears a 24-inch barrel to wring every last bit of velocity from the cartridge. Editors Note: I remember the conversation like it was yesterday. Bullet choice became more excruciating. 1 at 395 and the other around 475.. The thing that makes that rifle sing, besides the chassis design and precision turret system, is its 1:7.7 rifling that stabilizes long-for-caliber 6mm bullets with exceptional ballistic coefficients (BC). Recoil developed by the 22 Creedmoor is negligible. His load consists of an 80-grainBerger VLDat a muzzle velocity of 3,450 fps. If you watch the video carefully, you will see that the bullet completely opens up the rockchuck, causing immense damage, killing it instantly. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/22-creedmoor.6255624/page-4#post-7515373, How to get to max velocity with unknown data, 42g H4350 (avg 3500 fps) *brass showing signs of pressure* (how ever this load is EXTREAMLY accurate for my rifle), 37.5 Reloader 23 (avg 3215 fps) ***tightest group***, 38.5g Shooters World H4350 (avg 3094 fps), 38.5 N555 (avg 3183 fps) ***EXTREAMLY ACCURATE and ZERO pressure signs*** will be cranking this load up and will update on speed/pressure, 41g H4350 (avg 3506 fps) some ejector swipe marks *some signs of pressure* (VERY accurate load for my rifle), 40.5 g H4350 (avg 3564 fps) bullets broke apart before 100 yards, 41g H4350 (avg 3578 fps) bullets broke up before 100 yards. My god that rabbit (or hare) just exploded at the endtook a while for that chunk of flesh to fall back into the shot in slo-mo. The long draw allowed incoming dogs to enter from either side, as we were using crosswind calling techniques. From the perspective of an obsessive varmint shooter, the resulting rifle is a thing of beauty. You are using an out of date browser. 22 LR Muzzle Energy: 22 long rifle muzzle energy is measured in foot pounds to determine the destructive potential of the bullet. 22 Creedmoor may not be useful for PRS since velocity is limited at a maximum of 3200 fps, and most guys using 6mm are using heavier bullets and still getting around 3050-3100 fps.
The Cove Atlantis Restaurants, The George Ship 1617, Articles OTHER