Participants: Massachusetts middle and high school science teachers
- To increase content knowledge of both materials science and engineering and the engineering design process
- To provide teachers with opportunities to explore the properties of a range of materials design engineering
- To develop modules for the classroom that address Massachusetts learning standards
- 1 intensive week: July 21-25, 2008
- $300 stipend paid to participants
- MIT faculty give presentations on physics, chemistry, and engineering
- Participants design and build a simple motor; create classroom modules on engineering design.