Wisconsin MRSEC Outreach Impacts 255,000 People This Year!
Assistant Director of Education, Ben Taylor, leads materials science activities with a student at the St. Vincent de Paul Society food pantry in Madison, Wisconsin.
Since 2011, the Wisconsin MRSEC has created over 40 unique research-inspired education resources. These resources are disseminated through educational kits, outreach activities, instructional videos and other online resources, all based on cutting-edge research going on in the Wisconsin MRSEC.
These resources have impacted:
- >650,000 people in 194 countries.
Over the last year:
- Online educational resources were accessed 255,000 times by people in 177 countries;
- 5,000 K-12 students were impacted at 59 outreach events including at a local food pantry (pictured);
- >190 educational kits were disseminated;
- >30 field trips were organized for K-12 students; and
- 15 presentations and workshops were given to scientists, educators, and students.